Error Message: GPS Error 58, SQL Error 102, ODBC Error 37000

Posted this on Dynamics Forums too.

I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error.  When a user logs
out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors.

GPS Error: 58  (clicks ok)
SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok)
ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok)

Then is able to proceed to work with no problems

I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or
something like that.  It only happens to her UserID.  The problem is that we
have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist
favorites and set them available to "System."  So there are tons of
Smartlists that may or may not have anything to do with the company thay are
logged into.  What would be your troubleshooting steps to figure out whare
this is coming from, short of running every single Smartlist favorite?

Has anyone seen this before?

-1
KevinD (96)

If you've narrowed down this to a SmartList error, then the next question
would be, is this a standard SmartList or is it a SmartList Builder
smartlist? The reason I ask, is because an incorrect syntax near ',' is
typically a syntax error in a query.

If this is a SLB smartlist then and if it is based on some sort of SQL
statement or SQL view, then you got the culprit of the message.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Kevin D" wrote:

> Posted this on Dynamics Forums too.
>
> I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error.  When a user logs
> out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors.
>
> GPS Error: 58  (clicks ok)
> SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok)
> ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok)
>
> Then is able to proceed to work with no problems
>
> I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or
> something like that.  It only happens to her UserID.  The problem is that we
> have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist
> favorites and set them available to "System."  So there are tons of
> Smartlists that may or may not have anything to do with the company thay are
> logged into.  What would be your troubleshooting steps to figure out whare
> this is coming from, short of running every single Smartlist favorite?
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

-2
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/28/2009 5:23:03 PM
Thanks.  I want to say that I "think" I have narrowed it down to Smartlist,
based on researching the error messages and Customersource.  But I could be
way off.

It is most likely not Smartlist builder, they have some legacy 3rd party
called "Anyview" that they still have reports from.  The strange thing is
that any of these reports from Anyview work for everyone else and have been
working for years.  So while the views they are created with might not be
perfect, nobody else gets this message.

Everyone is on the same versions (GP 10 btw) and builds.  This is very user
specific.

I'll post when I figure it out.

Thanks

Kevin

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> If you've narrowed down this to a SmartList error, then the next question
> would be, is this a standard SmartList or is it a SmartList Builder
> smartlist? The reason I ask, is because an incorrect syntax near ',' is
> typically a syntax error in a query.
>
> If this is a SLB smartlist then and if it is based on some sort of SQL
> statement or SQL view, then you got the culprit of the message.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kevin D" wrote:
>
> > Posted this on Dynamics Forums too.
> >
> > I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error.  When a user logs
> > out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors.
> >
> > GPS Error: 58  (clicks ok)
> > SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok)
> > ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok)
> >
> > Then is able to proceed to work with no problems
> >
> > I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or
> > something like that.  It only happens to her UserID.  The problem is that we
> > have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist
> > favorites and set them available to "System."  So there are tons of
> > Smartlists that may or may not have anything to do with the company thay are
> > logged into.  What would be your troubleshooting steps to figure out whare
> > this is coming from, short of running every single Smartlist favorite?
> >
> > Has anyone seen this before?

-2
KevinD (96)
4/28/2009 5:35:01 PM
Enabling a DEXSQL.LOG will allow you to pinpoint the specific issue, table,
or query that is causing this message.

Best regards,
--

"Kevin D" wrote:

> Thanks.  I want to say that I "think" I have narrowed it down to Smartlist,
> based on researching the error messages and Customersource.  But I could be
> way off.
>
> It is most likely not Smartlist builder, they have some legacy 3rd party
> called "Anyview" that they still have reports from.  The strange thing is
> that any of these reports from Anyview work for everyone else and have been
> working for years.  So while the views they are created with might not be
> perfect, nobody else gets this message.
>
> Everyone is on the same versions (GP 10 btw) and builds.  This is very user
> specific.
>
> I'll post when I figure it out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kevin
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > If you've narrowed down this to a SmartList error, then the next question
> > would be, is this a standard SmartList or is it a SmartList Builder
> > smartlist? The reason I ask, is because an incorrect syntax near ',' is
> > typically a syntax error in a query.
> >
> > If this is a SLB smartlist then and if it is based on some sort of SQL
> > statement or SQL view, then you got the culprit of the message.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Kevin D" wrote:
> >
> > > Posted this on Dynamics Forums too.
> > >
> > > I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error.  When a user logs
> > > out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors.
> > >
> > > GPS Error: 58  (clicks ok)
> > > SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok)
> > > ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok)
> > >
> > > Then is able to proceed to work with no problems
> > >
> > > I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or
> > > something like that.  It only happens to her UserID.  The problem is that we
> > > have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist
> > > favorites and set them available to "System."  So there are tons of
> > > Smartlists that may or may not have anything to do with the company thay are
> > > logged into.  What would be your troubleshooting steps to figure out whare
> > > this is coming from, short of running every single Smartlist favorite?
> > >
> > > Has anyone seen this before?

-1
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/28/2009 6:26:03 PM
I had her delete 2 Custom Reminders that SY1404 had listed for her that I
don't think she had used in a while.  She said the errors have not come back
yet so hopefully it is fixed.  If it comes back again, I'll definitely do the
DEXSQL.LOG.  Thanks again for your help.

Kevin

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Enabling a DEXSQL.LOG will allow you to pinpoint the specific issue, table,
> or query that is causing this message.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kevin D" wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  I want to say that I "think" I have narrowed it down to Smartlist,
> > based on researching the error messages and Customersource.  But I could be
> > way off.
> >
> > It is most likely not Smartlist builder, they have some legacy 3rd party
> > called "Anyview" that they still have reports from.  The strange thing is
> > that any of these reports from Anyview work for everyone else and have been
> > working for years.  So while the views they are created with might not be
> > perfect, nobody else gets this message.
> >
> > Everyone is on the same versions (GP 10 btw) and builds.  This is very user
> > specific.
> >
> > I'll post when I figure it out.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > If you've narrowed down this to a SmartList error, then the next question
> > > would be, is this a standard SmartList or is it a SmartList Builder
> > > smartlist? The reason I ask, is because an incorrect syntax near ',' is
> > > typically a syntax error in a query.
> > >
> > > If this is a SLB smartlist then and if it is based on some sort of SQL
> > > statement or SQL view, then you got the culprit of the message.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

0
KevinD (96)

Outlook 2000 C++ Error
When I first open Outlook I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: c:\\progra~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe This ap[plication has requested the Runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. When I click OK I get about 12 more different errors, and then Outlook closes. I can then open it and it works. CAN ANYONE DECHIPER THIS? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office, updating all patches and SPs, Erase2000 won't open with XP (Home)....I am at a lose. ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

SQL Server
Can MS money [specifically small business] be made to work with SQL Server? Please advise. -- New to ISA No. To preempt your next question, there's no API at all. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80C9B62E-8A59-4561-8952-4315E0F5E877@microsoft.com... > Can MS money [specifically small business] be made to work with SQL > Server? > Please advise. > -- > New to ISA ...

Leave Certain Mail Messages on POP Server
Is it possible via an Outlook Visual Basic plugin to alter Outlook to leave certain messages on a POP server, but download all the rest? (E.G. Based on subject or header information) If so, does anyone know of any resources that would get me started in implementing this? Thanks. ...

Resource Error- CVT1100 duplicate resource
I just added a second resource file to my project. And Started getting this error LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:441, language:0x0409 First I searched for 441 in my files, and no one else was assigned that number execpt for this bitamp. But I changed the ID to 541 anyway and now I am getting LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:541, language:0x0409 what gives? MSDN, and Knowledge base were not much help on this either. Ali R. Hi Ali, See if the following archive from google is of any help. ...

Reply to message error
Using Outlook 2003 and having a problem replying to recieved messages. I get a 550 error and the message is returned undeliverable. The addresses are valid, and I can create a new message and send with no problem. Thanks... I'm not sure why replies would be a problem but new mail wouldn't, but look at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for information on the 550 error. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Money report error
I am getting this error message: 'Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the " Money Auto-saved Report" is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should delete it from your list of favorites and recreate it to avoid unreliable information' The problem is, I never created this report and when I go to saved reports it is not there anyway. Please help ...

Interactions - Export to Excel
Folks: Need your help ! I am trying to pull an acitivty report in CRM. If I go to the Interactions page, and then click on “edit View” icon over on the right hand side, and complete the drop downs, if I export to Excel, I get an error message that reads: Argument ‘Index’ is not a valid value. I get this error only for Interactions and not with any other workplace. We are on CRM 3.0 .- SQL Server 2005 Thanks ! ...

SQL Express Not found during Installation
Hello everybody When I want to start the setup of MSCRM, I don't want to download SQL Express at every client. I want to give setup the file, which I downloaded before. So I use the my existing file in the directory \SQLEXPRESS\SQLEpr.exe (I have this directory from the logfile.) The file has the correct name and version number, but setup don't want to find my file. With .NET and all other components it works very well. - Does anyone know what I could do? - Could it be a problem with the language of SQL Express? (we use the german client) - Has anyone experience with that? T...

How to show a message box ?
Hi, I would like a message box to display if the following conditions are met. Assuming column A contains codes that do not change . For example the code in column A6 is ADO and the value in G6 is less than the value in H6 which is less than the value in K6. A message box comes up with “Code ADO has reached criteria”. Being a complete newbie at VBA I would really appreciate some help. Thankyou. Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the right blank portio...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

error no memory with one workbook
Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding new sheet macros etc But lately if i open workbook 1 on its own it is fine but if i try and open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking they might be the trouble, but still no joy If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1 that is creating the problem, h...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Sending/receiving message size limits
Hi, W2K3 domain with Exchange 2003. I was wondering what would happen if I configure a larger maximium message size on a specific smtp connector then is configured in the Global settings. For example in the global settings 10000KB sending receiving. On the SMTP connector 20000KB. Any idea's? Thanks Best, Glenn ...

Missing CRM Key error
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be working fine. I tried to create an email within the browser version (not via outlook) and get an error message that says: Communications error: Missing Microsoft CRM key. Any idea what I may have done wrong on the install? Dean. You problably missed to fill in the text "CrmEmailEnable" in the active directory user spec's. See also the IG. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be >working fine. I tried to create an email within the >browser version (not v...

Mount Store error
I just installed two new HD's and reinstalled Win2003 SBS (I just saved off the edb and stm files before before I blew away the old hard disk). I tried simply coping the the edb and stm files into the empty \Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder and got the c1041724 error when I tried to mount the stores. I attempted to resolve this by following some of the solutions proposed to others in this news group, but no use. I have tried eseutil /d, then eseutil /r, then finally an eseutil /p. Nothing has worked. How can I get the data from these stores? After getting the c1041724 when attempting to mount...

JET & SQL
Is the SQL Server engine essentially a version of JET? If so, can one access an SQL Server database using VBA? "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message news:yTwli.7012$Od7.4121@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Is the SQL Server engine essentially > a version of JET? If so, can one > access an SQL Server database > using VBA? > No, SQL Server is a completely different database engine. You can connect to SQL Server tables via linking and then refer to the tables just like regular Jet tables within SQL statements, either as queries or in VBA code. Car...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

back up messages
I need to re-install Windows XP and would like to know how to save my important e-mail messages to a cd? Thank You. Hi, Outlook stores all of your information in a Personal Folder File (.PST). For more information on how to backup your information , please refer to Knowledge Base article 287456.KB.EN-US OL2002: How to Work with Personal Folders Files You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;287456 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Bus...

Jet SQL force write
Is there a way to force JET to write its buffer data to the MDB? I am using SQL statements to update the table and want to make sure the data is written. On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:31:41 -0700, Pete <pete.beatty@gmail.com> wrote: DBEngine.Idle dbFreeLocks -Tom. >Is there a way to force JET to write its buffer data to the MDB? I am >using SQL statements to update the table and want to make sure the >data is written. ...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

MSDE Installation Error
During the MSDE 2000 installation portion, afrer you input your password the app looks like it will install but I almost immediately get an error stating: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and setup error logs for more information. I looked for log files in the server Even Viewer and elsewhere and cannot find anything relevent. This same error happens if I try to download and install MSDE 2000 as a standalone but with the complex password setting in the Command Prompt. There are PC's on the domain that are alr...