error in Forms Printer with retrieving data

Hello:

In GP 10.0 with Forms Printer and Crystal XI, I added a SQL view that I
created in the database.  This view was not in the report, until this point.

Then, when I printed the report, I got an error onscreen saying that the
report was unable to retrieve data.  I clicked OK and received two subsequent
messages--Invalid File Name and Invalid Job Number.

Any ideas?

childofthe1980s

Not sure which formsprinter is being used, but did you grant access to DYNGRP
for the view.
--
Mick

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> In GP 10.0 with Forms Printer and Crystal XI, I added a SQL view that I
> created in the database.  This view was not in the report, until this point.
>
> Then, when I printed the report, I got an error onscreen saying that the
> report was unable to retrieve data.  I clicked OK and received two subsequent
> messages--Invalid File Name and Invalid Job Number.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> childofthe1980s
0
MickEgan (61)
9/15/2008 12:07:01 PM
Yes, I did.  Any other ideas?

childofthe1980s

"Mick Egan" wrote:

> Not sure which formsprinter is being used, but did you grant access to DYNGRP
> for the view.
> --
> Mick
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > In GP 10.0 with Forms Printer and Crystal XI, I added a SQL view that I
> > created in the database.  This view was not in the report, until this point.
> >
> > Then, when I printed the report, I got an error onscreen saying that the
> > report was unable to retrieve data.  I clicked OK and received two subsequent
> > messages--Invalid File Name and Invalid Job Number.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > childofthe1980s
Is the forms printer the Rockton version?
--
Mick

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Yes, I did.  Any other ideas?
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Mick Egan" wrote:
>
> > Not sure which formsprinter is being used, but did you grant access to DYNGRP
> > for the view.
> > --
> > Mick
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > In GP 10.0 with Forms Printer and Crystal XI, I added a SQL view that I
> > > created in the database.  This view was not in the report, until this point.
> > >
> > > Then, when I printed the report, I got an error onscreen saying that the
> > > report was unable to retrieve data.  I clicked OK and received two subsequent
> > > messages--Invalid File Name and Invalid Job Number.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
MickEgan (61)
9/16/2008 3:33:01 AM
No, it's from Accountable Software

"Mick Egan" wrote:

> Is the forms printer the Rockton version?
> --
> Mick
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I did.  Any other ideas?
> >
> > childofthe1980s
> >
> > "Mick Egan" wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure which formsprinter is being used, but did you grant access to DYNGRP
> > > for the view.
> > > --
> > > Mick

merging into Word with filtered data
Hello, I'm trying to do a merge in Word using data from Excel. However, I don't want to merge using data from the whole worksheet, but just filtered data (all people from London - place is one of the fields in the worksheet. I have no idea how I might do this. Any help gratefully received. I believe you can accomplish this from Word by using "Query Options" and selecting to merge only those records you're seeking. HTH PC "Italian Pete" <ItalianPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E62FCDC-42EC-48DB-92AC-857B224F085F@microsoft.c...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Any way to clear out stock pricing data before or after going to Quicken?
With all the discussion a few months ago about taking control of our own data, I had gone through the steps to look at my Money file as an Access DB, and found that of my 80MB, more than half was daily stock prices. Thats not something I really want to convert and maintain. I can't imagine that its really needed, since transactions have their own price info. Is there any way to get rid of it in Money, in Quicken, or other? Thanks In Money Plus: Portfolio > Other Tasks > More > Clear historical quotes The process may be different in earlier versions. "JDelMar&q...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

summarise data
I have data on a sheet looking like this 5/5/2004 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 and I want to summarise this into different cells so that it look like 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 i.e. I want to list individual occurances of repeating dates o numbers. Any help would be much appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds like a job or a Pivot Table perhaps? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Data archive with GP Manufacturing
Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, at least not in the documentation. Don't have an answer for you but we will be doing the same in the next week or so. Will report back when done. "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The > product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, > at least not in the documentation. ...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

Error while creating custom entity
Hi I am trying to create a custom entity. After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am trying to save it, i am getting the following error: " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". Help appreciated. Thanks Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results yet. I tried the following without result: Enable logging by adding keys to the registry: LogPerfData: filename LogPerfDataDetails: 1 LogPerfDataLevel: 2 Repare CRM by using the installation disk. Did you make any progress resolvi...

Locking of entered data
I haev a form that currently allows you to enter new records and edit existing records. My key field is based on a number entered by the user from another system. Once the number is entered I do not want the user to be able to type over that number but still be aloud to add a new record. I tried the AllowAdditions and AllowEdits in the properties but if I set them to Yes AllowAdditions and No AllowEdits then nothing can be changed. I want them to be able to edit everything but the one field containing the number. Ideas? Glenna, The code I provided would go in the two places that I...

OutLook Express 2003 is not running for error
I start Outlook for the first time, SP2 was installed before, it is not running at all as I get the msge: The Operation Failed ...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

Compile Error in hidden module
I get an error message "Compile error in hidden module AutoExecNew" when I open excel and an error message "Compile error in hidden module DistMon" when I close excel. I have no add-ins checked. I am running Windows XP Home and Office XP Professional. Any help would be appreciated. Bill You obviously have something in a startup folder, look for all startup folders. Also have you installed someting lately? I know that Adobe Acrobat writer used to cause start up errors although I think you can download a fix from Adobes site -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Willia...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

Losing data in flashdrive
I am experiencing in losing data in flashdrives. It seems that when files are copied onto flashdrive, I should wait for a while before removing flashdrives from USB port. Does anybody know how long should I wait before unplugging flashdrives. Jorge Are you using the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the notification area? If so, it should tell you when you can remove the drive. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:29:25 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Jorge Cervantes"...

Create Form Dynamically in VBA
Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can this be done in code on the fly. I also need code that deletes or purges the same form object. thanks for any help. Why? It is not a good idea. Perhaps if you described what you want to do, we can help with a how. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Bret" wrote: > Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically > a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can th...

Size of Data input mask
How can I change the size of an Excel Input Mask? Do you mean you want to limit (or even check) the number of characters in a cell when the user is entering data? If yes, take a look at Data|Validation|Settings tab|Allow Text Length If no, then you may want to clarify your question more. Juerg Rohner wrote: > > How can I change the size of an Excel Input Mask? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Publisher Data Base
Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher data base for mail merge? Since there are close to 1000 entries I do not want to manually add each one. You don't have to convert anything. Use the Excel list for the mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Richard Las Vegas" <Richard Las Vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909EDBF8-26DC-4661-B36C-1D3FE52CB66E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher > data base for mail merge? Since there are close t...