Error after GP 9.0 SP4 update

Greetings,

We just applied SP4 for GP 9.0 and the server install went fine and most of
the desktops work fine. Two of the desktop installs are generating an error
during the login process. Error registering table SY_PATHNAMES_MISSING_TEMP.
Clicking OK give another error: ICJC_LunkerStatuses. Clicking OK allows
Dynamics to run. This is only happening on two desktops out of twenty. All
installs were done with user with admin rights and computers were running GP
with SP3 just fine previous to the SP4 upgrade.
Any ideas on what could be the problem?
0
daves (44)

Dave,

It seems dictionaries got corrupted during the update, I would suggest
getting a copy of GP folder from a working machine and paste it over the one
you have, most probably it will fix your issue.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Dave S" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We just applied SP4 for GP 9.0 and the server install went fine and most of
> the desktops work fine. Two of the desktop installs are generating an error
> during the login process. Error registering table SY_PATHNAMES_MISSING_TEMP.
> Clicking OK give another error: ICJC_LunkerStatuses. Clicking OK allows
> Dynamics to run. This is only happening on two desktops out of twenty. All
> installs were done with user with admin rights and computers were running GP
> with SP3 just fine previous to the SP4 upgrade.
> Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Mohammed,

Yes the forms and report dictionary were corrupted as I discovered
yesterday. Thanks.

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Dave,
>
> It seems dictionaries got corrupted during the update, I would suggest
> getting a copy of GP folder from a working machine and paste it over the one
> you have, most probably it will fix your issue.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Dave S" wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > We just applied SP4 for GP 9.0 and the server install went fine and most of
> > the desktops work fine. Two of the desktop installs are generating an error
> > during the login process. Error registering table SY_PATHNAMES_MISSING_TEMP.
> > Clicking OK give another error: ICJC_LunkerStatuses. Clicking OK allows
> > Dynamics to run. This is only happening on two desktops out of twenty. All
> > installs were done with user with admin rights and computers were running GP
> > with SP3 just fine previous to the SP4 upgrade.
> > Any ideas on what could be the problem?
0
daves (44)

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Errors saving to network drive

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Error loading XML into DataSet

Updating a chart Automatically

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...