Error after applying SP1 on GP 9.0 with SQL 2005 P2

I have applied SP1 on GP 9.0 on the server and the GP utilities shows all
companies have been updated, however when I attempt to login to a couple of
companies I recieve a message "[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]procedure smcleanup filesbeforelogin has no parameters and arguments
were supplied".
I have compatablility set to 90
0
Joe (497)

------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC

Hello,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.

It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You
can attempt to recreate this stored procedure manually to see if that
works. To do this, you'll need to go to a machine that has a server install
of GP on it. In that, go to the GP installation folder > SQL > Install > 0
> Company > open the Procs.cmp file.

In that file, do a search for smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin, and copy
everything between the /*Begin_smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin*/ and
/*End_smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin*/ lines to a query window in SQL. Then, do
a search for %SysDbName% and replace every occurrence with DYNAMICS.
Finally, run that copied script against the company databases that you are
experiencing this problem.

Regards,
Jerad
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.
\par
\par It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You can attempt to recreate this stored procedure manually to see if that works. To do this, you'll need to go to a machine that has a server install of GP on it. In that, go to the GP installation folder > SQL > Install > 0 > Company > open the Procs.cmp file.
\par
\par In that file, do a search for smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin, and copy everything between the /*Begin_smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin*/ and /*End_smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin*/ lines to a query window in SQL. Then, do a search for %SysDbName% and replace every occurrence with DYNAMICS. Finally, run that copied script against the company databases that you are experiencing this problem.
\par
\par Regards,
\par Jerad
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC--

0
jplesuk (118)

Winforms and SQL Threading Problem
Hi all I have a big issue with threading in Windows Forms. For example: I have a .NET 2.0 (VS 2008) Windows Forms Solution with one form in it (as default Form1). I make this Form1 as MdiContainer. In the Load Event I create a new thread and after this I load a new Windows Form as Mdi Child. In the thread I just read about 1mio rows in a DataTable using standard DataReader. Now because I have created a new thread, I would expect the load time of this large amount of data would not affect the loaded form, but it does ... After starting the application, I grab the child form a...

Secondary lookup field in CRM 4.0
Hello all. I have a question regarding secondary lookup field within the form of the Opportunity entity on CRM 4.0 (upgraded from 3.0). To be able to display a secondary lookup (pointed to contacts), I have used a JScript (as well as two new attributes) on the form's onLoad event (pasted below). It worked fine on CRM 3.0 but after the upgrade to 4.0, the form doesn't report any JScript error but no lookup field is displayed - only the lookup icon is there and it doesn't respond to clicking. I haven't been able to find what parts of the JScript should be changed in order...

Outlook error message #9
When I open Outlook 2003 I get an error message: "C:|Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\AddInns\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 \SBCMSYNC.DLL is not a valid Office Add in" When I click OK the program loads normally. How can I resolve this? Is this an upgrade from Office 2000? If yes, go to tools->options->other->advanced and under COM addins, uncheck the outlook synchronization. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be del...

Installing Money, getting EULA error
I have reinstalled Money after losing a hard drive. It installes with no problem, but when I try to open the application I get an EULA error, it say that the "End User License Agreement can't be displayed", and as a result the porgarm will not run. This continues to be true even after several re-installs. Help! In microsoft.public.money, Adin wrote: >I have reinstalled Money after losing a hard drive. It >installes with no problem, but when I try to open the >application I get an EULA error, it say that the "End User >License Agreement can't be disp...

Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew #2
It seems to have happened suddenly, but when I open, or close Excel I get a visual basic pop up message: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew and the options to OK or HELP. Can anyone tell me what I've changed or need to change to get rid of this annoying interruption. Using: Excel 2002 on an XP platform. Hi have you currently installed an Add-in?. check 'Tools - addins' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Diane Fisher" <Diane Fisher@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2CDA5007-C612-4D6A-ADC4-255BFDB1A9BF@micros...

Test Environment for Upgrade from 9 to 10
Our live GP 9 data is in the default instance of an SQL 2005 installation. We don't have separate hardware to test the upgrade to GP 10. If I install a new named instance of SQL server on our existing hardware can I test the upgrade on this named instance without affecting our live data in the default instance? In other words, can I run an instance of GP 9 and separate instance of GP 10 on the same server hardware? Thanks, -- Mike Sinclair yes you will need to install the current revs (matching your system) of V9 and copy your live db to that named instance. Use the knowledge...

Runtime error 1004 write data to a cell
Hello Always i get an error 1004 on the function above and i can't find my mistake. I want to read values from the cell an write the steeps in an other cell. On acces to the cell i get always error 1004. Option Explicit Function CalcTest(col Val As Integer, colRes As Integer) As Double On Error GoTo ErrorHandle Dim res As Double Dim sum As Double Dim i As Long Dim errNr As Integer res = 1 sum = 0 For i = 5 To 15 res = Cells(i, colVal).Value 'Read Value sum = sum + res Cells(i, colRes).Value =...

Java Errors
Is anyone else having lots of java errors on this crappy webpage? Try this: news:msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACCBFF3-3AB0-438F-AA12-F93C02E1862D@microsoft.com... > Is anyone else having lots of java errors on this crappy webpage? ...

Exchange 2003 error 2112.
I'm running Exchange Enterprise Server 2003 on a Windows 2000 server which has been working in production for about a year. The Active Directory Servers are Windows 2000 SP3 (GC) and the second server is running SP4. I'm getting event ID: 2112, 9186, 9187 which I believe are all directly related to 2112. I ran "policytest.exe" and got the following results: =============================================== Local domain is "domainname.net" (DOMAINNAME) Account is "DOMAINNAME\Exchange Enterprise Servers" ======================== DC = "ADSER...

Exch 2003 SP1 broke my OWA
I am using a self-issued certificate, when I hit the OWA page and after I accept the HTTPS certificate I get "HTTP/1.1 New Session Failed", has anyone else come accross this problem? Does anyone have a 'how to' guide to move the OWA to something other than the default web site? ...

ESM Error clicking on Replication Status under Public Folder Store
Whenever I click on the Replication Status folder under Public Folder Store in Exchange 2003 I get the following error message: An unexpected, unknown error has occured. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 8004010f-0000-00000000 ID no: c105010f Exchange System Manger I have searched Google and Technet and can't find an answer to this issue. Please Help! ...

"Money failed to download the necessary files..." (SP1 Update)
Upgrading to SP1, and I'm having a problem that, it seems, no one else is having. I get the message that Money requires a software update, so I click OK. It looks like it's about to go for about a half second but then the little dialog with the meter flashes out of existence and is replaced by another that says: "Money failed to download the necessary files for a software update. Security software on your computer may have interfered, or the servers that provide the download may be temporarily unavailable. Check your firewall, anti-virus, or other security software fo...

Run-time error for objects deletion
Hi, I have made a list of option button. When I select a particular option, the excel should identify and delete the previous object names starting with "onstrfr". However, when it identifies the correct obj name "onstrfr", the obj.Delete gives "Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error". I'll be grateful if someone can help me to solve this problem. Loy === FROM Sheet1======= Private Sub on3wdgtrfroption_Click() Call Sheet2.Deleteonstrfr Call Sheet2.OnshoreTrfr(myValue, 2) End Sub ===From Sh...

Javascript Error #2
hi there, MS CRM 3.0 on SBS. When using the quick create Contact form I am getting JS errors. Don't think any mods have been created on the form but now I cannot find where the Contact quick create form lives in customizations. Can you point me to where the form lives so I can see if any custom code has been added that is causing this or has anyone seen this out of the box? Thanks, Hi Mike, Scripting cannot be done on the Quick Create form. The Quick Create form is probably dynamically created at runtime and it displays the attributes that are marked as business required in t...

Upgrading CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 Enterprise
We have a single server CRM 3.0 enviornment that we are upgrading to CRM 4.0 Enterprise. We are moving CRM to a new server and upgrading SQL, is there any adivice or white paper I can look at for the correct steps to go about this procedure? Here is our upgrade path: Current server --- New server Single server ----> Single server Server standard 2003 R2 ---> Server standard 2008 SQL standard 2000 -----> SQL standard 2005 CRM 3.0 ----> CRM 4.0 Enterprise Also would there be any advantage in using the 64 bit versions of Server 2008 and SQL 2005? Thanks for any help ...

CRM Setup/Config errors when adding users/access
I'm install CRM on a SBS2K box. (W2KSP4, E2KSP3, SQL2KSP3a) Installation of CRM appears to have been successful. I've been following the step-by-step instructions in the CRM Implementation Guide. During the "Configuring Users & Queues" section, I found it neccessary to delete the SQL registration (local) and re- register it as <servername> in order to add Domain Users to the Publication Access List properties under SQL's Replication Manager node. This resolved the error message I was getting "can't access properties when an alias '.'...

Payroll reports for v.9
The Employee Checks report does not convert the Void, DD Mask Words, & DD Mask Amt calculated fields properly in upgrading from 8 to 9. There are also problems with the Quarterly 941 Preparation report & most of the liability fields. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Issue with MS POS 2.0 and Scanner
I am using Symbol LS2208 Scanner. I am able to create new item and scan my items. However, when I scan the item in Cashier view, item is not found. I tried create new Item from there, I found 2 additional characters added at the end of Item. I proceeded anyway. I still cannot find the item. I believe MS POS is getting 2 additional characters in the cashier view. ...

Migration of CRM to a new Server
Hi I need to move a CRM v3 system to a new server. At the same time I am changing to version 4.0. The old server has SQL 2000 while the new one (must) have SQL v2005. Everything I have read so far tells me to re-install the old v3 system on the new server and then perform an in- place upgrade. I would prefer to install a clean v4 and then just move the old data into it, but am worried that the old v2000 data won't be compatible with SQL 2005. Is there any hope that I can acheive this? use redeployment wizard. see CRM CD, having redeployment tool and guide. -- Regards, MS CRM Cer...

GP 9.0 User Login Failed
Hi I've encountered a strange situation in GP9.0. This client is using workgroup environment. When GP is installed on server and Clients are connected to server. User accounts have been created. However, when we try to login as a User in a different machine apart from the computer where the User is originally created, the login will fail. But, "sa" login works perfectly on all machines. What I then did is delete the User login ID, create a User in his own PC, then it works. If I try creating a User DSN for the same user for the machine, it fails except for "sa" login....

Antigen 9 keyword filtering problem
Hi there Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but couldn't find an Antigen specific one. We're running a 4 node cluster with Exchange and Antigen on 2 of the nodes. I've enabled keyword filtering for profanity, racial discrimination etc. It works 100% when I DON'T enter our internal domain name under "internal address" under Settings - General Options. If I remove our internal address, the filtering starts working again. But we need to configure notification settings for internal and external addresses, and according to the help I need to set the...

I can't resolve Error number: 0x80070020 downloading windows updat
Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error number: 0x80070020. what can I do? <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> February 24, 2010 You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825> -=- Ǝиçεl ◕‿◕ -=- "AJ" wrote: > Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error > number: 0x80070020. what can I do? ...

Outlook 2002 error on open
When I first open Outlook, I get the following error: The add-in "C:\winnt\system32\avgxch32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair.... I tried using the Detect and Repair but all I get is something like a setup procedure which completes but does not solve the problem. I'm using Win2k prof. Help will be appreciated. Neil ...

"compiler error, azwizard modul" on Word2007 startup
Used knowledgebase trouble steps. Apparently I am missing Office12 startup file. Any help appreciated. On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:48:01 -0800, DennisB <DennisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Used knowledgebase trouble steps. Apparently I am missing Office12 startup >file. > >Any help appreciated. Go to the folder %appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup and look for a file related to the Avery Dennison Label Wizard, possibly AZWizard.dot. If you find it, delete it -- it contains macro code that's incompatible with Word 2007. If you don't find it there...

generate XSD of a table in sql server
hi group plz tell how to generate XSD of a table in sql server. thanks -- Rajesh Tiwari S/W Engineer Digital Offshore Solutions(www.dospl.com) Gurgaon,HR Use a SqlDataAdapter to get to the table and then call FillSchema() to fill a DataSet with the metadata. Then call WriteXmlSchema() or GetXmlSchema() to access the data as a schema document. See FillSchema() in the SDK for more details. Also note that if you have VS.NET (not sure if all versions have this functionality) you can use the Server Explorer to drag a table onto the design surface. An XSD schema will automatically be generat...