Entering serial number on a return

When attempting to enter a particular serial number on a return we're getting
a message that "the serial number has already been entered for the selected
item".  Per the KB articles on this message I've checked serial lot trace to
confirm that the serial number is not included on any un-posted transaction.
I've also confirmed in SOP10201 that it only appears once on an invoice that
has been posted, and that it is not in IV00200 at all.

Any ideas on what else could trigger this message?
--
Jim@TurboChef
0

If I read this right you said it appeared in the SOP10201 table.  That is the
open table and that could very well be your problem.  I'm not in front of GP,
but if it's been posted it should be living in the SOP30 something table.

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> When attempting to enter a particular serial number on a return we're getting
> a message that "the serial number has already been entered for the selected
> item".  Per the KB articles on this message I've checked serial lot trace to
> confirm that the serial number is not included on any un-posted transaction.
> I've also confirmed in SOP10201 that it only appears once on an invoice that
> has been posted, and that it is not in IV00200 at all.
>
> Any ideas on what else could trigger this message?
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
0
LeslieVail (702)
11/8/2007 9:22:03 PM
The original posted invoice is in SOP10201, but that shouldn't have any
impact on entering a return for this serial number.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> If I read this right you said it appeared in the SOP10201 table.  That is the
> open table and that could very well be your problem.  I'm not in front of GP,
> but if it's been posted it should be living in the SOP30 something table.
>
> "Jim@TurboChef" wrote:
>
> > When attempting to enter a particular serial number on a return we're getting
> > a message that "the serial number has already been entered for the selected
> > item".  Per the KB articles on this message I've checked serial lot trace to
> > confirm that the serial number is not included on any un-posted transaction.
> > I've also confirmed in SOP10201 that it only appears once on an invoice that
> > has been posted, and that it is not in IV00200 at all.
> >
> > Any ideas on what else could trigger this message?
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef
0
jim.harris (398)
11/8/2007 9:42:00 PM
What is the value of the field POSTED in the SOP10201?

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> The original posted invoice is in SOP10201, but that shouldn't have any
> impact on entering a return for this serial number.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > If I read this right you said it appeared in the SOP10201 table.  That is the
> > open table and that could very well be your problem.  I'm not in front of GP,
> > but if it's been posted it should be living in the SOP30 something table.
> >
> > "Jim@TurboChef" wrote:
> >
> > > When attempting to enter a particular serial number on a return we're getting
> > > a message that "the serial number has already been entered for the selected
> > > item".  Per the KB articles on this message I've checked serial lot trace to
> > > confirm that the serial number is not included on any un-posted transaction.
> > > I've also confirmed in SOP10201 that it only appears once on an invoice that
> > > has been posted, and that it is not in IV00200 at all.
> > >
> > > Any ideas on what else could trigger this message?
> > > --
> > > Jim@TurboChef
0
LeslieVail (702)
11/9/2007 3:03:01 AM
Good thought, but it's '1', like the other posted transactions.  I'm going to
run a DEXSQL log to see if that reveals anything.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> What is the value of the field POSTED in the SOP10201?
>
> "Jim@TurboChef" wrote:
>
> > The original posted invoice is in SOP10201, but that shouldn't have any
> > impact on entering a return for this serial number.
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef
> >

> > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> >
> > > If I read this right you said it appeared in the SOP10201 table.  That is the
> > > open table and that could very well be your problem.  I'm not in front of GP,
> > > but if it's been posted it should be living in the SOP30 something table.

0
jim.harris (398)
11/9/2007 1:23:01 PM
Hi,
I just looked at the data diagram and here are the tables I found.  Which
(if any) contain the S/N you are looking for? It's odd that it doesn't show
up in the IV00200 - is it for sure that the invoice should be there?  Have
you tried the Remove Completed Sales Docs utility?

SOP30300 (SOP_LINE_HIST)
SOP10200 (SOP_LINE_WORK)
IV00200 (IV_Serial_MSTR) (Item Serial Number Master)
IV30400 (V_TRX_HIST_Serial_Lot) (Item Serial and Lot Number History)
IV10002 (IV_TRX_WORK_Serial_Lot) (Inventory Serial and Lot Number Work)
IV10302 (ivStockCountSerialLot) (Stock Count Serial Lot)
IV30702 (ivStockCountSerialLotHist) (Stock Count Serial Lot History)

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> Good thought, but it's '1', like the other posted transactions.  I'm going to
> run a DEXSQL log to see if that reveals anything.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > What is the value of the field POSTED in the SOP10201?
> >
> > "Jim@TurboChef" wrote:
> >
> > > The original posted invoice is in SOP10201, but that shouldn't have any
> > > impact on entering a return for this serial number.
> > > --
> > > Jim@TurboChef

0
LeslieVail (702)
11/9/2007 7:31:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_8D7C931A

Hello Jim,

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Daniel Simmons

PLEASE NOTE:
The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated on
August 20, 2007.  Please complete a re-registration process by
entering the secure code mmpng2007 when prompted. Once you
have entered the secure code mmpng2007, you will be able to update
your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
------=_NextPart_0001_8D7C931A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Jim,
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par Daniel Simmons
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:
\par The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated on
\par August 20, 2007.  Please complete a re-registration process by
\par entering the secure code mmpng2007 when prompted. Once you
\par have entered the secure code mmpng2007, you will be able to update
\par your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_8D7C931A--

0
a-dasimm (68)
11/15/2007 8:01:17 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_A1AF0590

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Daniel Simmons

PLEASE NOTE:
The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated on
August 20, 2007.  Please complete a re-registration process by
entering the secure code mmpng2007 when prompted. Once you
have entered the secure code mmpng2007, you will be able to update
your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
------=_NextPart_0001_A1AF0590

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par Daniel Simmons
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:
\par The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated on
\par August 20, 2007.  Please complete a re-registration process by
\par entering the secure code mmpng2007 when prompted. Once you
\par have entered the secure code mmpng2007, you will be able to update
\par your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_A1AF0590--

0
a-dasimm (68)

Excel 2003 random number generator
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003 will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

Fixed Number of Columns
After manipulating data in Excel I would like to copy and paste the data in a text editor. The data should be in fixed format, for example integer numbers should end in columns with multiples of 5. The text is then used as input to an old fashioned program which requires that the data be aligned I changed the font in Excel to Courrier New and then selected a column width of 5. When I copy the data to a text editor it copies some tab marks and the columns do not align. How can I make things align in the text editor? Vino, You can use a macro: copy the code below, then paste into a module...

Picking Random Numbers
I have been tasked with coming up with a form that will automatically assign a random number to an individual with the click of a button. The number is 7 digits in length. Each element of the number can range from 1 to 9. Something simular to a lottery number picker. Does anyone have any sample code that I can refer to? Thanks in advance! Dwight Function GenerateRandomNumber() As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strResult As String Randomize For lngLoop = 1 To 7 strResult = strResult & Format((Int(9 * Rnd) + 1), "0") Next lngLoop GenerateRandomNumber = strResu...

format numbers in hexadecimal
I'd like to display numbers in hexadecimal and still be able t calculate with them. DEC2HEX() and HEX2DEC() are available as functions (I think they're i the Analysis ToolPak) but I'd rather avoid adding these to ever calculation. That is, for example, I don't want to have to change every formula "=A1+A2" to "=dec2hex(hex2dec(A1)+hex2dex(A2))". Any idea how to add "Hex" as another numeric format choice, so tha numbers are displayed directly in hex -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com stan_shepherd wrote... >I'd like to ...

how to find numbers that give another number
hi all. I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and find the numbers that once summed give the number in cell b5 for example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!! You would need the solver http://tinyurl.com/4doog example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145464775.044405.243700@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > hi all. > I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and > find the numbers that once summed give the number in ce...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

on server reboot multiple emails get returned as undeliverable
I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs etc. We have hit a problem a couple of times when on reboot of the server end users get emails returned as undeliverable as they have exceeded the delivery date. It does not affect all outgoing messages, and the destinations are valid. It is as though the SMTP gets stuck on some messages, and only notices on re-start. Any ideas? F Frank <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote: > I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs > etc. > We have hit a problem a couple of times ...

It is a question about the Visual C++ 6.0 Enter(or Pro)
Hello. Environment : Visual C++ 6.0 Enter versions When I add approximately 1,500 sources to one DLL and build. vc60.idb becomes around 35MB, and the following errors are displayed, and build stops. \x1.cpp(19) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629) \x1.cpp(23) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629) When I delete vc60.idb, An error is not displayed, and build is performed till the last. Thanks, "teratera" <teratera@discussions.m...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

search and return cell value
I hope that someone may be able to help. I have a worksheet that has 7 fixed columns and a variable number of rows. The rows can range from 1 to many. Cell A1 is dependent upon the value in the last row in column G. I can locate this with nested "if" statements or by creating a new column H that will test to see if the next row contains values. Is there any function that I can put in cell A1 that will locate the last row in column G that contains a value and return the value of this cell? Many Thanks Hi if you have no blank rows in between try =OFFSET($G$1,COUNTA(G:G)-1,0) -- Reg...

adding a Carriage Return or Line Feed character to an update query
I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like to separate the two components with a blank line, or two carriage return or line feed characters. In Visual Basic, I'd use vbcr&vbcr to do this. How can I do this in an update query? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul wrote: >I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the >first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like >to separate the two...

Page Numbers
I want to print just one page of my money file. Is there any way I can tell what the page number is of what I have on the screen? Thanks "one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers. The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the gener...

number of cells
Hi there; 1-What is the equation to find the number of cells in a range which their values are more than 0.0? 2- How to count the number of cells in range which for every 3 consqueative cells are non 0.0, I mean if cells 1, 2, and 3 are more than 0.0, then count = 1 then next 3 cells, ... and if one 3 consequative cells have (even one cell) a 0.0 value then that 3 cells donot add to our count number? Appreciate any help. Best Darius Is this a homework assingment. look in help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Darius" <Darius@discussion...

Odd-numbered Font Sizes When Composing
When composing e-mails, the font size selector in the formatting toobar only shows even-numbered fonts, i.e. 8, 10, 12. I need to compose in 11-point. I can go into Tools/Options/Fonts and set up new messages for 11-point, but when I go to compose a message, it always goes to 12. ...

color coding numbers in excel
is there a way to automatically change the font color for a set of numbers in excel. say i want to mark all numbers below 76 red? automatically that is Conditional formatting. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#basic -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mackbeer" <addanUtostable@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:m7f0c11mdh5kc9qhs01tuahgpqhh0f51fm@4ax.com... > is there a way to automatically change the font color for a set of > numbers in excel. say i want to mark all numbers below 76 red? > automatically that is On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:04:16 +0100, "Bob Phil...

position of decimal point when entering a number ...
When I enter a number, the decimal point automatically poistions it-self before the two last digits, even if I do *not* enter the decimal point. Thus, if I enter 123, I get 1.23, etc... When looking at the format of the cell, I see - general - sample: 1.23 How do I change this ? (This was not occuring when Excel was installed, and is not occuring with the same version of Excel on other machines; I suspect it ahs to do with a corrupted temmlate, but which one ...?) Try this: Tools>Optons>Edit tab Uncheck: Fixed Decimal places Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-P...

convert numbers to text
Using the formular below,what can I do to add a dash to numbers like 25 (exp. twenty-five) while avoiding adding a dash to 5 (five)? '****************' Main Function *'**************** Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = " Billion " Place(5) = " Trillion " ' String representation of amount MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber)) ' Position of decimal place 0 if none DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, &qu...

HELP with Credit Card Numbers on Receipt
Hi, I migrated to RMS over a year ago from QuickSell 2000, and have been having a problem with my receipts. Originally RMS woudl print the entire CC number on the receipt. So I turned the CC mask on, as it now displays the last 4 digits of the card. Unfourtnatley I cannot identify what type of card was used (as the indicating digit is the first digit) and my AMEX and DISC cards go in seperate from my V and MC so i need to verify their deposits seperatley. I've tried having my employees write what card was used on the receipt but you can guess how many recepits I actually get wit...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

Quote for IWM returns zero
Using Money or Money Central to acquire a quote for iShares Russell 2000 Index (IWM) returns Zero. Others, like Yahoo Finance quote, return latest trade information. Why? Ken Further checking this morning I discover all my other ISHARES are working okay. Like ISHARE RUS MC INDX (IWR) is okay and iShares S&P 500 Index (IVV) is okay. Of all the ISHARES I have, iShares Russell 2000 Index (IWM) is the only one that is failing. As I said before iShares Russell 2000 Index (IWM) returns a zero, which of course tells Money to reduce this investment to zero. Was quite a shock to see this in...

Return value based on range of cells
Hi, Can anyone suggest how to return a value based upon how old clients were in different years. eg if 5 in 2004 return 1 if 6 in 2004 return 2 and so on Then repeat this for different years if 5 in 2005 return 2, etc Can't use vlookup as too many columns Thanks for any advise Greg Care to give a bit more detail? Are you working with Dates of Birth? Why should: > if 5 in 2004 return 1 but: if 5 in 2005 return 2? -- Regards, Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk...

return product with maximum price
How do I write a query that returns the product from each order that has the highest price? Each order can have multiple products, so there is an intersection table that links the Orders to the Products. Here are the relevant tables: tblOrders OrderID (pk) CustID (fk) tblOrderProd OrderProdID (pk) OrderID (fk) ProdID (fk) tblProducts ProdID (pk) ProdPrice For each order there are several products. I can write a query to produce this table: Order ProductID Price 1 101 $12.00 1 332 ...

how do I hit return but stay in the same cell to enter a new line
I want to write multiple lines of text in the same cell. I don't want to use the wrap text function. I know there is some key strokes I use with the 'reutrn' key that lets me do this but can't figure it out! Please help! Cheers Bijan Instead of pressing the [Enter] key.... Hold downt the [Alt] key and press [Enter] Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Bijan001" wrote: > I want to write multiple lines of text in the same cell. I don't want to use > the wrap text function. I know there is some key strokes I use with the ...