enforce user change their password every 30 days

Hi

we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30
days?

Thanks

0
mecn2002 (6)

Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options.
You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't
have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set
that to password change every 30 days.

"mecn" wrote:

> Hi
>
> we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30
> days?
>
> Thanks

You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great Plains
database is using the SQL Native Driver.

"Graham Anderson" wrote:

> Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options.
> You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't
> have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
> enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set
> that to password change every 30 days.
>
> "mecn" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30
> > days?
> >
> > Thanks

0
klewis6238 (163)
7/18/2007 3:48:03 PM
You saying SQL native Client for ODBC instead of sql server?
Thanks

"klewis" <klewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great
> Plains
> database is using the SQL Native Driver.
>
> "Graham Anderson" wrote:
>
>> Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server
>> options.
>> You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you
>> don't
>> have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
>> enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to
>> set
>> that to password change every 30 days.
>>
>> "mecn" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change
>> > every 30
>> > days?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
mecn2002 (6)
7/18/2007 3:59:07 PM
Yes.

"mecn" wrote:

> You saying SQL native Client for ODBC instead of sql server?
> Thanks
>

> "klewis" <klewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great
> > Plains
> > database is using the SQL Native Driver.
> >
> > "Graham Anderson" wrote:
> >
> >> Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server
> >> options.
> >> You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you
> >> don't
> >> have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
> >> enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to
> >> set
> >> that to password change every 30 days.

0
klewis6238 (163)
7/19/2007 6:22:01 PM
I believe it is true that SQL Server 2005 just enforces what Windows 2003
says to do as far as policy goes.

And in turn, GP just does what SQL tells it to do.  The "enforce" rules that
you see in the User Setup window are the same checkboxes that are in the
User Setup in SQL Server about password policy- nothing different.  And when
the user logs into GP and gets a response back from SQL to "the user
password expired, make them change it" then that is what the GP client will
do- prompt for a password change.

patrick
developer support

> Yes.
>
> "mecn" wrote:
>
>> You saying SQL native Client for ODBC instead of sql server?
>> Thanks
>>

>> "klewis" <klewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great
>> > Plains
>> > database is using the SQL Native Driver.

0
prot1 (1345)

Antigen 8.0
Hi all. I've used other products which allowed an LDAP lookup to be done at the mail gateway and the message to be deleted -- without scanning and without NDR -- if "to:" address does not exist in the Domain. I cannot find any information on how to do this with Antigen. I'd appreciate any information anyone may be able to provide. Here's the info on my server: Version: 8.00.1517 (Licensed) Service Release: 3 Licensed Components: Component License Type Expiration Date ASM Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Mode: VSA...

move messagees for all users
Hi, Any suggestions on how to move all messages from a mailbox folder (sync issues/server failures) to the Inbox for all users? Thanks in advance, Matt Depending on how many users you are talking about. Probably the best way would be to make it a Public Folder as security does not seem to be an issue here. "Matt" <matt@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u0xcA4OIGHA.3036@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Any suggestions on how to move all messages from a mailbox folder (sync > issues/server failures) to the Inbox for all users? > > Thanks in advance, ...

Making Bulk changes with import files
Hi all. Years ago I worked as an exchange 5.5 admin and I could use a simple csv file to enable a mailbox as well as have that same file set the mailbox to deliver to a custom recipient. Also I could delete CR/Mailboxes with a csv file. Are there any such switches in Exchange 2003? Is there any place that lists all the goodies? I've been searching the knowledge base and googling without success. Thanks! In Exchange 5.5 we had directory database for exchange. In Exchange 2000 and 2003 we do not have any separate directory for Exchange. All the mailbox or contact related attrib...

Excel fails to update call to user-written function.
I run Excel 2002 under <cringe> Win 2000. Although recalc is set to automatic, Excel often fails to calc cells that call functions I wrote in VBA--i.e. whose formula is =MyFunc(). I have a workbook with hundreds of cells with formula "=MyFunc (param)", where param is the address of another cell. MyFunc() returns some text plus the target cell's address. So if, say, I insert a row in the sheet, all cells calling MyFunc() below the row I inserted should update. But few or often even none do. (Except if on the cell I press F2-Edit and return, which of course works.) My only...

A get/change first operation on table 'POP_Rec_Opt' cannot find the table
Please help. It is urgent! I received the following error when I do purchase goods receivings transactions: A get/change first operation on table 'POP_Rec_Opt' cannot find the table Regards, Joe ...

How do I insert a message when a user opens my Excel workbook?
Hi KP, Try: something like: '================>> Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "Hello from KP!" End Sub '================>> This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module): **************************************************** Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet (or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised) Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code. Alt-F11 to return to Excel. If you are not familiar with mac...

Excel Reports & BP 4.0
Loading any of the Excel Reports published to the BusinessPortal Reports Library gets Login Failed for user ". The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection If I use a SQL Server Authentication name it works. I want to use the Windows Authentication to eliminate the extra logon prompt. Can anyone tell me what am I missing? ***************** Microsoft Office Excel Login Failed for user ". The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection Microsoft SQL Server Login Connection Failed: SQLState: '42000' ...

CHANGE WHOLE EXCEL worksheet TO UPPERCASE LETTERS?
My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters. It has like 43,000 records. How do I do that? He says it's possible, but I've never seen it done. I'm Using Excell 2003. Your boss must be thinking of using a macro. Take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper In article <608169EE-E690-4B26-AFD2-2FE9ECEBE856@microsoft.com>, "mineralgirl" <mineralgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters. It > has like 43,000 records. How do...

Security Settings Changes; Contacts List
I have two problems that I would appreciate help in solving 1. I get the following message when I try to send a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail: "Current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This is annoying. How do I get rid of the message or reset the security setting? 2. When I use the contact look up feature the default address book is for Outlook Address Book rather than Contacts. How do I change the default so that it opens directly with the Contacts? Chuck Humphrey ...

how to change Outlook Connector password??
When I am in Live ID, I m unable to st a new password for OUTLOOK CONNECTOR, and posted responses don't address the problem. Help!!! The connector uses the same password as your live id account. You can't set a separate one for it. After you change the live id password outlook will whine and you can then change it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

How to completely password protect Outlook 2000
I have my Outlook 2000 program will open and show saved emails, calendar, etc. It will ask for a password to retrieve new email but I would like to completely password protect the entire Outlook 2000 program so just anyone using my computer can't look at saved emai. I use Outlook Express and it works great just does not have calendar, etc. Please help. Jim Right click on Outlook Today=>Properties=>Advanced. Set your password there and do not forget it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest ...

block users from using outlook & OWA at the same time
how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once logged off form Outlook then only be abel to log on to OWA. JJ le Grange <JJleGrange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at > the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users > BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once > logged off form Outlook then ...

Password not retained in Outlook 2002 for IMAP server
Hello, My problem is that even though I have checked the 'remember password' option in the mail account settings for my IMAP account, each time I restart Outlook, it will ask me for the password to have access to the IMAP folders. I will then check the 'remember password' option in the dialog box which asks for the password, and won't be ask again for it for a few minutes/hours depending on the moon phase, but will be asked again at some point as if Outlook had magically forgotten (I haven't succeeded to spot a pattern yet, apart that it sometimes happens when I start ...

Who has a document which identify every drop down list value?
Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's just list the value name and not involve the numeric value. I feel not convenient in development. Could somebody give good advice? Joseph - have a look at the StringMap table in the MSCRM database, it has every picklist value (string and integer) for every entiry in the CRM Dave Ireland "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539E2C46-5DB7-4336-8B9D-5029CA31A8A2@microsoft.com... > Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's > just ...

printing only active range (changing)
hi all when im printing a sheet the print area is automaticly set to all cells containing formulas ,even if the formula resualt is nothing. how can i set the print area to change automaticly and print only cells where the formula resualt in NOT nothing ? (i get the data to the sheet from a database, and the size of the report is changing every time. next to the data im getting from the data base i have the additional formulas ) thanks Oz. -- oz_saar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oz_saar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Commit updates to current record without changing records
I have a form that is a contractor's timesheet. I have a button on the form that launches a series of queries that create invoice items in an invoice table based on entries in the timesheet. I would like to allow the user to update the timesheet and use the button so that invoice items change on-the-fly. Is there a way to commit changes (updates) to the current record on the timesheet form without having to move between records? Thanks much in advance! Yes, you save the record. When you place a button on your form, the button wizard will give you the option of Record Op...

change regarding default entity
Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook into CRM. Anyone? Hi maerten, You could use JavaScript to achieve this. Add it to the onload event of your activity. I found the following code in the Microsoft CRM SDK: //This sample code demonstrates how to set a value to a pricelevelid lookup control on an opportunity //form. In this example, the price level is set to Retail. // Create a lookupItem to store the values that you want to set to a target lookup control. var lookupItem = ne...

password #4
I got a new computer, after installing Money 2001 to my new computer I tried importing/restoring my Money backup. The program keeps asking me for a password we I try downloading the backup from the cd. Any ideas?? Thanks, Mel In microsoft.public.money, Melvin wrote: >I got a new computer, after installing Money 2001 to my >new computer I tried importing/restoring my Money >backup. The program keeps asking me for a password we I >try downloading the backup from the cd. Any ideas?? password There have been some relevant postings in the group you should find useful. I...

Textbox size changes on deletion of rows
I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar). The textbox extends downward and actually to the right-hand side of 15 rows of data. I run a macro that deletes 5 or 6 rows and my textbox shrinks because of the deleted rows; how can I prevent this from happening? TIA, Set the properties of the text box so it doesn't size with the cells: Select the text box Choose Format>Text Box Select the Properties tab Select Move but don't size with cells (or -- Don't move or size with cells) Click OK Jim May wrote: > I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar)....

User's dilemma
PC Games installed only w/Admin. privies, but want to play them as Standard user. Some games I install using my Admin acct. show up on my Standard user desktop to play and some don't. Why? How can I install as Admin. and play as Standard? I noticed the one that does show up for both accounts has a website for "Game Downloads". Could this be it? It even has a popup window telling me I am a standard user and to connect to the internet to use other features. Now, this is what worries me. I don't want to play any of the games I install from disc via my Ad...

Changing hyperlink defaults
I want consistently link many files from a specific folder into cells within a worksheet. Can I set up the hyperlink (or other link types) to always points to my specified folder? Thanks -- Peter London, UK ...

Outlook 2002
I have always used the flag feature when ticking it completed as a tool to show as a time/date stamp for when the update in the comment was performed. The COMPLETED flagged messages still show the date and time on the screen, but when printing out, this vital information no longer is included. How can I change that pls? Yesterday I had to resort to a screenshot, which worked yesterday as the email message fit on the screen. But this won't work for most instances, as most msgs are longer, esp. when concerning cases where that date/time stamp is needed as proof of something. Hoefully so...

User authentication via PSI
Hi, We have a custom process that retrieves some projcet data via PSI.. working fine. However, this process is using windows authentication to connect. We would like to change this to connect using a Projcet Server ID and PW. We created a user in the server (not in PWA). But we are getting access errors. What is the proper procedure to create a server account so we can use it for PSI? We just do not what it to be the authenticated user running the script. Any help is appreciated. IsaM Hi, Do you mean forms authentication to your project server? Using applicative u...

frequency field
I have a frequency field for doing jobs. It show the day or days of the week the job needs to be done. For example M or M, W or T or M, W, F. I could be any combination with thursday being TH. When i click on a item(label) on a given form I would like the form to open up the jobs forms for that location(actually got that figured out) but want it to see what is the Current DAY and show all jobs requierd for that day. What would the code be for the On Click event to filter by current DAY and look for that day listed. Thanks, Barb =IIf(Weekday([DateReceived])=1,"S",IIf(Wee...

Freezes during "changing your publication"
While trying to print to an Adobe PDF, Publisher 2002 freezes with a dialog box that is titled WORKING... Inside the box it says "changing your publication" and is at 13%, but after a long time it never changes and stays completely frozen. It does, however, actually create the PDF but it is way off from the original document. I have been using Publisher 2002 now for four years and have been creating PDFs the whole time. I have never encountered this problem and could find no answers online. Can someone help me? GtownCook <GtownCook@discussions.microsoft.com> was...