enforce user change their password every 30 days

Hi

we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30
days?

Thanks

0
mecn2002 (6)

Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options.
You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't
have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set
that to password change every 30 days.

"mecn" wrote:

> Hi
>
> we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30
> days?
>
> Thanks

You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great Plains
database is using the SQL Native Driver.

"Graham Anderson" wrote:

> Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options.
> You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't
> have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
> enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set
> that to password change every 30 days.
>
> "mecn" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30
> > days?
> >
> > Thanks

0
klewis6238 (163)
7/18/2007 3:48:03 PM
You saying SQL native Client for ODBC instead of sql server?
Thanks

"klewis" <klewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great
> Plains
> database is using the SQL Native Driver.
>
> "Graham Anderson" wrote:
>
>> Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server
>> options.
>> You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you
>> don't
>> have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
>> enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to
>> set
>> that to password change every 30 days.
>>
>> "mecn" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change
>> > every 30
>> > days?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
mecn2002 (6)
7/18/2007 3:59:07 PM
Yes.

"mecn" wrote:

> You saying SQL native Client for ODBC instead of sql server?
> Thanks
>

> "klewis" <klewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great
> > Plains
> > database is using the SQL Native Driver.
> >
> > "Graham Anderson" wrote:
> >
> >> Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server
> >> options.
> >> You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you
> >> don't
> >> have this, then the option will be grayed out.  I believe SQL Server just
> >> enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to
> >> set
> >> that to password change every 30 days.

0
klewis6238 (163)
7/19/2007 6:22:01 PM
I believe it is true that SQL Server 2005 just enforces what Windows 2003
says to do as far as policy goes.

And in turn, GP just does what SQL tells it to do.  The "enforce" rules that
you see in the User Setup window are the same checkboxes that are in the
User Setup in SQL Server about password policy- nothing different.  And when
the user logs into GP and gets a response back from SQL to "the user
password expired, make them change it" then that is what the GP client will
do- prompt for a password change.

patrick
developer support

> Yes.
>
> "mecn" wrote:
>
>> You saying SQL native Client for ODBC instead of sql server?
>> Thanks
>>

>> "klewis" <klewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > You will also need to make sure that your odbc connection to the Great
>> > Plains
>> > database is using the SQL Native Driver.

0
prot1 (1345)

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Changing language

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Change View
Hi I have in a default view: My Active Accounts and I would like to change it to: Active Accounts Thanks Carlos Hi Carlos, This can be setup in the Account entity. Customize the Account Entity - forms and Views - Select Active Accounts and Set as default. This should do it. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- "Carlos De la Cruz" <carlos.delacruz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:F19899E7-A9EB-4F38-BE4C-BA01991CD2C0@micro...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...