Enforce password change

How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature?
0
Elaine (442)

That is set on the user. Choose tools-setup-system-user. You will see a
checkbox for enforcing the password change. This is assuming version 9.0
Great Plains with SQL 2005 and Windows 2003.

"Elaine" wrote:

> How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature?

pdf changes to dat files when sending
Have changed from Outlook Express to Outlook and having problems with MYOB (accounting program). We send our invoices through MYOB (it does all the work - configures everything and then send it as an attachment) and it sends them in a .pdf format through the default email. Some people are getting .pdf files and others are having .dat files coming to them. Not sure why the .dat files are going (all should be .pdf) and how do I fix it so all are .pdf files ... any help .. I am desperate! Don't use rich text format for your message settings- try plain text or HTML. Shelley wrote: > Ha...

After computer time Change, can not connect to exchange
Running windows 7 , with outlook 2007. Had a computer time problem so I back dated the computer, since then, I can not access my exchange server, Now if I roll the time back again, I can connect but if I go to fix the date, I contact not access exchange. So is Outlook/Exchange casheing the date and time somewhere? Any suggestions would be great! thanks The time of the connecting client should indeed (closely) match with the one of the Exchange server. Which issue were you trying to fix by "backdating" your computer? Did you set the time/date into the past or did y...

Track Changes: Making "All" the default
hello: We are tracking changes on a workbook posted on Sharepoint. Everytime i check out the doc and view it, i must change the Track Changes default from "last time I saved" to "All". How do I make "All" the default so that users do not have to open Track Changes and make this selection (from the "When" pulldown.)?? Much appreciated, Bettergains ...

How to change order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in Excel 2007 chart
What is the procedure for changing the order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in an Excel 2007 chart? I would like the chart;s drop lines to remain active, but appear "sent to the back" behind the plotted data. I attempted to help myself by searching extensively, but I was unable to find the solution. I think it may require a VBA entry, but, if so, I will require assistance. Are the references below pointing me in the right direction? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb210119.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb216878.aspx http://m...

Outlook 2003 WON'T remember POP password
I can not get Outlook 2003 to remember my account password for my pop accounts. I upgraded from Office XP. I searched high and low on the web for solutions and kept running into the ones regarding the Protected Storage System Provider registry changes. I did THEM ALL, none work. Rebooted a thousand times and tried every possible combination of what I found on the web. This is happening on two separate machines. Please please please help. It's driving me nuts (especially since I teach computer science and, obiviously, rely heavily on email). Thanks, jeff ...

How do you change colour of scroll bars, etc?
I am familiar with how to change the colours of most items on a form in Access 2000 but I have hit a problem with the component parts of certain controls, e.g. scroll bars or the drop-down button of a combo box. So far, I have not located any way to change these from the default warm gray colour. Is there any way to change such colours? David David Anderson wrote: > I am familiar with how to change the colours of most items on a form > in Access 2000 but I have hit a problem with the component parts of > certain controls, e.g. scroll bars or the drop-down button of a combo > ...

How do I graph a cell vs one that it changes for a range of valu.
One cell changes another cell as determined by a formula not explicitly contained in either cell. I want to range a cell from 0.5-1 in small increments and line-plot it vs the other. How do I express a range of values and the steps of increments? Hi Kentlm, > One cell changes another cell as determined by a formula not explicitly > contained in either cell. > I want to range a cell from 0.5-1 in small increments and line-plot it vs > the other. > How do I express a range of values and the steps of increments? It sounds like you want a Data Table. Look in Excel's Help ...

Trial Version Download Problem
Just out of curiosity... How many people have done as I have, and changed your original e-mail address for the passport login since you created the account, and are also having issues with the online purchase reverting to the trial version? There is a problem with the trial servers see http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "John Begley" <John Begley@discus...

Changing a formula in xlt
I posted in another group but I don't think they understand what I am saying. Maybe you can assist me. I am using a template that is in xlt and in the shaded column I need the formula in L20 that is =if(D20<>"",D0*K20,"") I get an error stating that the shaded area is pre formatted by excel. How can I get my formula into the place where I need it? When I try to open the template to see the formulas it wants a password and I have never had a password. Question 2. How do you make your own template? I need one for a convention that has discounts deducted as wel...

forgotten password
how do i retrieve password in excel as i cannot unlock workbook as i have forgotton password See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html for internal passwords, or http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html for file passwords. In article <E4828E5D-1FD8-48A4-83A4-AF639834F9A4@microsoft.com>, tatty07 <tatty07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i retrieve password in excel as i cannot unlock workbook as i have > forgotton password ...

Recovering the outlook password from a non functional windows installation HELP !
Already posted: someone can help me ? Hi ! I've a problem: one of our customer bring us his own computer with a non functional windows xp installation for data recovery. This computer have a windows xp SP2 with office 2003. The only one thing we can't recover was the mail pop3 password: the customer can't remember it and we are totally unable to recover ! :( This customer told us that is impossible contact the mail provider and reset the mail password, maybe it's something statal or the mail is overseas. We know this customer from years, and trust him absolutely, we al...

Change a personal account to business account
can't someone advice how to change a personal bank account to business account? hi kura- I can assume your Money flavor is Home & Business? Go to your Account List window. On the left hand navigation menu select "Organize business accounts and categories". This page presents you with your business account tree. From this page you can add or remove your business accounts. Hope this helped. "kura" wrote: > can't someone advice how to change a personal bank account to business account? ...

Vendor name change back
Hi In the beginning of the year, I changed all active employee vendors to have their vendor names with “Last Name, First Name”. This helps me in further processing. Today, I searched in Smartlist for a list of employee vendor postings that are missing commas again and vendor names are back to Firstname Lastname. I have PDK configured too. Can anyone help me understand why the vendors change back to the Firstname Lastname and what should be done to stop this? Thanks Keep a ruler handy to slap the hand of the user that is making the changes comes to mind. -- Richard L. Whaley Author ...

Outlook font sizes Arbitrarily changing!
While creating a reply e-mail this morning suddenly and without prompting by me the cursor size increased significantly and the type changed to the size of the cursor. Comparable to a font size of 72 or greater. The font and the font size on the tool bar remained the same size as originally selected. i.e. Times Roman, 13. Changing these settings did not correct the problem.. Then later I experienced the opposite effect when I opened a sent message and the type was teeny tiny like a font size of 1 or less. When I sent the e-mail the font was Comic Sans, 13. Please help! Thanks in ad...

Lost password setting after closing outlook 2002.
Hi guys. i configured my outlook 2002 according to my ISP instructions. Unfortunately, everytime i close outlook i lose my password setting. I went to microsoft.down and downloaded all the sp and patches. Does anyone experience with their version of outlook 2002. Justin ...

How to change a formula reference?
I need to create a formula that references a range of cells. The range is supposed to be determined by what the user enters into another cell. Can a formula have a variable in it that will grab a number from another cell? For instance: =COUNTIF(N[B18]:N[B18+B18],"Y")? Where you see B18 the user has entered in a number, we will say it was 5. I need the function to reference the cells in the N column from N5 (cell B18 has a 5 in it) to N10 (B18+B18 or 5+5). I appreciate any help you all can give me. Thanks so much in advance. Brockettb Hi! Assume you enter in cells: A1 = 5...

Change category width...
Hi all, Is it possible, on the X axis of the column chart, to make the category width thinner? I want to be able to put the columns next to each other without a gap, but I don't want to make the columns wider than they are (ie I don't want to use gap width). Many thanks Andy On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ajayb <ajayb@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is it possible, on the X axis of the column chart, to make the category >width thinner? I want to be able to put the columns next to each other >without a gap, but I don't want to make ...

how to save an ACCESS database and not link changes to the origina
I want to save an ACCESS database under a new name and not have the changes I make change the original database I saved from. How can I do this? Everytime I make changes in the ACCESS database I saved and renamed, it still changes the original database as well. Ray, Sounds like you are talking about changes to the data. Sounds like you have *linked tables*. If that is the case then you need to make a copy of the back-end and relink your new front end to your new back end. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know,...

HELP! -- stupid ? -- Changing line end
How come I can't change the line ends when I'm drawing a ERD? I tried right clicking on the line -->format -->Line then changing the ends but on the file it's not changed and when I go into format again it's back to default. Can someone help me? I'm using Visio 2002 standard Thank you Ice The line-ends have meaning to the model in your diagram, so the arrows change to reflect different settings of the actual model objects. Ie: Visio assumes you're building something real and following the rules, not just making a sketch. If you ARE just making a sketch, yo...

How do I change font size in Tasks?
The displayed font in Tasks looks like Arial 8 pt. I'd like to increase the font size for easier viewing. ljh044 <ljh044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The displayed font in Tasks looks like Arial 8 pt. I'd like to > increase the font size for easier viewing. Open your Tasks folder. RIght-click on the Subject header and choose Customize Current View. Check out the Other Settings and Automatic Formatting buttons. -- Brian Tillman ...

Change a Organizer
Hi We have had an employee leave, and would like to change the organizer on meetings she arranged, how do we do this. From what I have read for the past 4 hours is that this can not be done. Does anyone have a possible work around for this. Thank you On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:55:50 GMT, "Bob How" <Bobhow@aol.com> wrote: >Hi >We have had an employee leave, and would like to change the organizer on >meetings she arranged, how do we do this. From what I have read for the >past 4 hours is that this can not be done. Does anyone have a possible work >aroun...

How to restore networked backup when my credentials are changed?
Hello. Actually, I'm using Windows 7. But, since I guess it should be almost identical in Windows Vista and I can't find a microsoft.plublic.windows.7.general, I'm posting this here, sorry. I use a network drive to backup my date with Windows Backup (the one built in Windows). My company forces me to change my network password periodically, and I recently changed my password. And then Windows Backup asked me to "re-enter" my network credentials. As long as it said, I have to setup the backup again with the new credentials even though I'm going to use the ...

Users only using OWA + change password at next logon
We have some users that really never logon to a workstation, but they do need their email, which they will check through OWA. (Exchange 2003) How do we handle those users as far as password expiration and "User must change password at next logon" (after creating a new user) goes? It seems like both of those things only popup if you logon to a workstation joined to the domain, but not through OWA, at least not by default? Any suggestions really appreciated! TIA!! / Per See if this helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833734 SUMMARY The Password Change pages that are...

Freeware Excel Password Remover
Hi, Just to let you know, I've added a Freeware Add-in to my website that removes workbook and worksheet passwords from Excel files. I've also updated the Formula Indenter add-in, improving its functionality. www.johnmote.com While the password remover add-in has been labelled version 1.00 it is really a beta version so if you have any problems with it please let me know so I can fix them. Many thanks, John ...

Changing the Workspace Template in PS2007
I've been successful with this before using the method of (1) Removing the URL from the SharePoint site (2) Saving the site as a template (3) Saving the template on the server (4) Using the Stsadm.exe command to register/unregister the template. That's fine and good if you've created a standalone site for this purpose. What if I've polished up a project workspace that actually belongs to an existing project and I want to use this as the baseline or model for the workspace template? I don't want to screw up the relationship between the existing project and i...