employee contribution for Worker's Compensation in Washington

I have a customer in Washington, and we've identified a show-stopper for the
sale.
It's a known issue (we have sent it to MBS for other Washington
customers).  In payroll, the employee pays a contribution to their Worker's
Compensation benefits.  However, in GP, on the employee contribution side,
there is
no room for the calculation 2 digits after the decimal.  It must be at least
4 digits.
I don't know if you can nudge anyone to program this, or if it is already
scheduled for an upcoming release, but it sure would be nice to be able
to close the deal...

0
Boise (1)

------=_NextPart_0001_51014CB7

If a portion of Workers' Comp for WA needs to be set up as a deduction in
Payroll, the decimal places for deductions can be set to four.

Go to Tools > Setup > Payroll > Payroll > Options.  Select 4 for the
decimal places for deductions.  You should then see this change reflected
in the Deduction Setup as well as the Employee Deduction Maintenance
windows.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks!
Kirsten
Microsoft Online Partner Support

------=_NextPart_0001_51014CB7

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 If a portion of Workers' Comp for WA needs to be set up as a deduction in Payroll, the decimal places for deductions can be set to four.
\par
\par Go to Tools > Setup > Payroll > Payroll > Options.  Select 4 for the decimal places for deductions.  You should then see this change reflected in the Deduction Setup as well as the Employee Deduction Maintenance windows.
\par
\par Please let me know if you have further questions.
\par
\par Thanks!
\par Kirsten
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_51014CB7--

0
kirstenb (42)

How to only start with the employee In. / remove the Out if it's f
Hello. I'm creating a querie that lists all employee activity. So the querie runs onver a table that has all In and Out of the employees registries. Sometimes in the the first day is Out, it happens because the employee forgets to register is Out of job. So, is it possible to remove that register in order to have the first register of the day has a IN? Even better was changing the date of that Out register to the previous date. This is ok to happen because the door don't open if the empoyee don't make all register regular. So in the new day if a Out is no detected on the sys...

Outlook 2003 Calendar
Boss and secretary. Secretary takes a new job elsewhere. Secretary's account was disabled and deleted according to our normal procedures. For some reason, every time the boss has an appointment or meeting scheduled by her new secretary (or anyone else for that matter), we get bounce back message saying that the former secretary's email cannot be found. Below is the exact message: <<<<<<**********<<<<<<< Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test date for ****** (former secretary) Sent: 4/7/20...

Messagelabs issue with remote workers
I have a client who has recently introduced the MessageLabs service. Following the instructions provided they have restricted only the MessageLabs servers from being able to connect to the Exchange 2000 Virtual SMTP Server. This of course in turn prevented the remote users who use POP and IMAP and Outlook/Outlook Express from being able to send Email via this server. These restrictions have since been removed in order to allow the remote workers to connect and send mail. In turn this has resulted in a lot of spam and virus infected messages slipping through the net as they are delivere...

how do i email a file to a co-worker?
how do i email a file to a co-worker? do it like you would any other e-mail, or pretend it's a picture, type in the e-mail address and send a little note with it then click on attachments choose the file you want to attach then send it away. -- davesexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517437 From within the file you can use File / send to / as attachment -- Regards Ke...

Can I put a donation/contribution page on with publisher
It there a way to put a page that will allow online contributions to a campaign? Use Paypal. "kz642" <kz642@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50EE7D7A-91CB-4A5D-ACF3-1DFF86343255@microsoft.com... | It there a way to put a page that will allow online contributions to a | campaign? | Thank you. I will check paypal out. Does Publisher have a prepared page for this? Or will paypal have a link to put on there? Dar "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote: > Use Paypal. > > > > > "kz642" <kz642@discussions.microsoft.com...

Send Pay Slip Report To Every Employee By Email
Dear all, I want to send pay slip report to every employee by email, is it possible ? Thanks. Vensia Yes! Look at the sendobject method in the Help file. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23BbaDlhlHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I want to send pay slip report to every employee by email, is it possible > ? > Thanks. > > Vensia > In what format should I deliver the report ? Thx. ...

Charting labor total for multimple employees in 15 min. increments.
I would like to see my total labor for multiple employees in 15 minut increments. What I would like to be able to do is to enter in my employees' hourl rate (once) and when my employees clock in/clock out (daily). From thi I would like to know what my total labor cost is every 15 mins of eac day. Currently my spread sheet shows me what my sales are every 15 mins an I would like to know what my total labor for all employees is every 1 mins. From this I can chart labor and sales on the same graph. Please help me! THANK YOU -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Employee name change
One of the employees at a client of mine just got married and her last name has changed. The site is using SBS 2003 R2. The primary mail system is the POP3/SMTP corporate web hosted by a third party, while the Exchange server deals with in house mail and shared folders; calendars primarily. What is the best, easiest, etc., way to deal with this. Thanks for any help Doug Sanders Fist I'd configure it on the Third party. make sure both OLD and NEW names can receive email. (this way she won't lose email) Then change it on the SBS and Make her primary her ...

Need help with an employee bonus program (worksheet function)
Hello, I would appreciate some help with a bonus structure sheet that I am having trouble with. The plan is basically this: Pay an employee based on how well they meet their expense goals. On a payable base of $2500 in a given month, I want to pay an employee 30% of that ($750) if expenses no greater than 5% over budget, 100% of that ($2500) if they are on budget, and 150% of that ($3750) if they are 5% or more under budget. My sheet looks like this. Headers are on row 1. Numbers are on row 2. A B C D E F G 5%over Even 5%under Goal Expe...

Worker threads acces to main dialog
Is it safe to pass a pointer to my main dialog app to worker threads and then have them call member functions like GetDlgItem etc? I will, of course, protect these calls with CCriticalSection. Thanks. DW. "dwizard" <daz-beck@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message news:ddq8pj$4op$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > Is it safe to pass a pointer to my main dialog app to worker threads and > then have them call member functions like GetDlgItem etc? > I will, of course, protect these calls with CCriticalSection. > No, only the thread that created a window shoul...

terminating employees
Hello: I have noticed in GP HR that, when you use the Employee Termination window to formally terminate an employee, sometimes the Inactive box gets checked in the Employee Maintenance window and sometimes it does not. What criteria has to be met in order for the Employee Termination window to automatically check the Inactive checkbox in Employee Maintenance? Thanks! childofthe1980s I believe it is when the Termination Date is less than or equal to the current date. I think that is so you can terminate in the future and pay the person before he's terminated for good. -- Charles...

Help! With an Excel Employee Schedule
I have created the scheduler, but, I need to find another spreadsheet that will show the reg hrs, reg pay, over time hrs, over pay, holiday hrs, holiday pay, sick hrs, sick pay, vacation hrs, vacation pay. (I need it to be one that I can download and use to pull the information from the scheduler, to feed into this sheet all the information. Gosh I hope I have not confused anyone. sorry ..I have just been working on one that I was able to create and get most functions working on it..but I can't seem to pull it all together. PLEASE HELP if you can Thanks ...

vacation leave payouts-salaried employees
Need to pay out excess vacation leave balances to a number of salaried employees - some amount to over 80 hours of leave. Would like system to pay out number of hours at their pay rate and reduce their vacation hour balances accordingly. When I run the hours through a pay batch under the vacation salary pay code, I'm getting a critical error "salary to be adjusted/reduced was not included for the employee" and system is limiting hours to be paid out to 80 hours. What do I need to change in setup or processing so system will let me process over 80 hours and adjust leave ...

Inactive checkbox on employee deduction maintenance window didn't
We used the Inactive checkbox on the employee deduction maintenance window but the deduction continued to be deducted from the employees pay. How can a deduction be stopped? What does the Inactive checkbox do? ...

where can i find employee weekly schedule
i need a weekly schedule for my employes to fill out on a 2 week time card can you show me a good one or tell me where i can find one to print for free please http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=time+card -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bricks369" <bricks369@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D9CE82A-A542-45DB-8014-888B5130E26B@microsoft.com... >i need a weekly schedule for my employes to fill out on a 2 week time card > can you show me a good one ...

No UI in worker thread?
Many articles says "No UI in worker thread" because first it doesn't have message pump. They suggest to use UI thread instead. However, I started a worker thread, created a modaless and a modal windows (with Yes/Cancel buttons) from the thread and the two message boxes do pop up and response my mouse clicking on the buttons correctly. So, I wonder why "No UI in worker thread"? Can someone give a little in-depth explaination about it? Thanks, -Henry Henry Wesst wrote: > Many articles says "No UI in worker thread" because first it doesn't > have me...

UI Threads v. Worker Threads
Hello, The docs do a very poor job of explaining what a User Interface Thread is and how to use it. For instance, do they exist in a giant thread pool, and all I have to do is create a few and set them running, and they will automatically service whatever window needs a running thread at the moment? In my MFC program, I have a need for multiple CWnd objects to each be serviced by its own thread, so that the application can respond simultaneously to window messages sent to each of the different windows. But right now, it looks as though all of my CWnd's are being serviced by only ...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Display/Sort by Contributing Artist
Under Library>Artist and Library>Songs is there any way to display/sort by "Contributing Artist" rather than "Album Artist"? I have over 700 tracks that have come from compilation albums and they're all listed under "Various Artists" (which comes from the Album Artist field). I want to see them listed under the relevant individual artist's name (which comes from the Contributing Artist field). Just to see what happens, I changed a few of the tracks to have the same info in "Album Artist" and "Contributing Artist" ...

contribute & live toolbar won't go away.
contribute & live toolbar won't go away. I've fiddled with the customize settings. I went into the Vbasic macro editor and re saved things after toggling the menus off. I turned off the ZA forcefield [sometimes interferes with everything], rebooted, repeated the menu turn offs. Nothing worked. This isn't a new problem. It's happened before. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:28:10 -0500, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote: >contribute & live toolbar won't go away. I've fiddled with the customize >settings. I went into the Vbasic macro editor and re saved thing...

Employees Pay Rate
I need help to calculate the employees pay rate history. I have two tables, one included Name, WorkHours, and WorkDate, other table included Name, DateNewSal, PayRate. For example: Table One: Name WorkHours WorkDate Joe 30 1/1/2007 Doe 32 1/1/2007 Jan 40 1/1/2006 Jan 41 8/1/2006 Joe 35 1/8/2007 Doe 48 1/8/2007 Jan ...

adding an initial to employee name
Hello: A client is telling me that she added a middle initial at the end of the "First Name" field in Employee Maintenance and saved that change to the employee's card. Then, she claimed that that employee's deductions all of a sudden got inactivated (and he ended up getting a large paycheck during the next payroll run as a result). I have never heard tell of an employee's deductions getting inactivated just by adding an initial to the First Name. I just tested this myself on my laptop and could not recreate the issue. Has anyone out there ever heard of this? ...

Up the limit on Great Plains Payroll Employees in Standard
There are several companies we work with who really only have payroll and they happen to have about 500+ employees. I think GP should go to the next level of 750 rather than drop it at 500 for Standard. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

How to contribute towards a saving goal?
I have created a saving goal, and would like to transfer some excess funds from my chequing account to the saving goal so that it is out of sight and out of mind. How do I transfer towards a saving goal? Thanks. Masai ...

know where I can find an employee evaluation form, for free?
I want to develop employee evaluation procedures. I can't find seem to find any templates for it. Any ideas?? Thanx! ...