email purchase order check box on vendor card

Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card? One
of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I was
at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what
module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the purchase
order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it
does before I experiment with it.

Robert Fann
Omni Packaging

0
rfann (135)

Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what field
where)?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Robert F" wrote:

> Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card? One
> of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I was
> at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what
> module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the purchase
> order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it
> does before I experiment with it.
>
> Robert Fann
> Omni Packaging

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/28/2008 7:41:17 PM
On the vendor maintenance card once you click on the address button it is on
the bottom left of the window.
"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what field
> where)?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Robert F" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card?
>> One
>> of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I
>> was
>> at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what
>> module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the
>> purchase
>> order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it
>> does before I experiment with it.
>>
>> Robert Fann
>> Omni Packaging

0
rfann (135)
5/28/2008 7:50:52 PM
Robert,

My best guess is that this is perhaps a customization. I can only infer that
since the email address is stored at the vendor address level (the Internet
button next to Address ID lookup), a customization was created to send out
purchase order emails to vendors based on the information stored in the email
address and of course, based on whether this checkbox is marked or not.

Unless someone knows otherwise, this is not standard GP functionality.

Best regards,
--

"Robert F" wrote:

> On the vendor maintenance card once you click on the address button it is on
> the bottom left of the window.
> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what field
> > where)?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Robert F" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card?
> >> One
> >> of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I
> >> was
> >> at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what
> >> module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the
> >> purchase
> >> order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it
> >> does before I experiment with it.
> >>
> >> Robert Fann
> >> Omni Packaging

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/28/2008 9:14:01 PM
After doing more research with the user she showed me that she added a field
that was already in the PM Address MSTR table called email purchase orders
to the nedor address maintenance window and the checkbox appeared. I guess
now a better question would be does anyone know what those fields are used
for? There are also fields for faxing purchase orders as well. These fields
weren't created by any customization on our end all she did was add the
field to a window using modifier. Sorry for the confusion.

> Robert,
>
> My best guess is that this is perhaps a customization. I can only infer
> that
> since the email address is stored at the vendor address level (the
> Internet
> button next to Address ID lookup), a customization was created to send out
> purchase order emails to vendors based on the information stored in the
> email
> address and of course, based on whether this checkbox is marked or not.
>
> Unless someone knows otherwise, this is not standard GP functionality.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Robert F" wrote:
>
>> On the vendor maintenance card once you click on the address button it is
>> on
>> the bottom left of the window.
>> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what
>> > field
>> > where)?
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > MG.-
>> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
rfann (135)
5/28/2008 9:33:09 PM
These fields exist as part of the PM Address Master table (PM00300) table,
but according to the SDK are currently not being used for any operation in
particular.

If you add the Email Purchase Orders checkbox to the window and you change
the Editable property to TRUE, you will be able however to use it as a nice
little indicator of whether or not a vendor accepts purchase orders via email
-- the system will even save the value if changed -- but unless you do any
additional customizations around the value of the field itself, nothing will
happen in POP.

"Robert F" wrote:

> After doing more research with the user she showed me that she added a field
> that was already in the PM Address MSTR table called email purchase orders
> to the nedor address maintenance window and the checkbox appeared. I guess
> now a better question would be does anyone know what those fields are used
> for? There are also fields for faxing purchase orders as well. These fields
> weren't created by any customization on our end all she did was add the
> field to a window using modifier. Sorry for the confusion.
>

> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Robert,
> >
> > My best guess is that this is perhaps a customization. I can only infer
> > that
> > since the email address is stored at the vendor address level (the
> > Internet
> > button next to Address ID lookup), a customization was created to send out
> > purchase order emails to vendors based on the information stored in the
> > email
> > address and of course, based on whether this checkbox is marked or not.
> >
> > Unless someone knows otherwise, this is not standard GP functionality.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Robert F" wrote:
> >
> >> On the vendor maintenance card once you click on the address button it is
> >> on
> >> the bottom left of the window.
> >> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/28/2008 9:48:01 PM
Thank you very much for the clarification.
> These fields exist as part of the PM Address Master table (PM00300) table,
> but according to the SDK are currently not being used for any operation in
> particular.
>
> If you add the Email Purchase Orders checkbox to the window and you change
> the Editable property to TRUE, you will be able however to use it as a
> nice
> little indicator of whether or not a vendor accepts purchase orders via
> email
> -- the system will even save the value if changed -- but unless you do any
> additional customizations around the value of the field itself, nothing
> will
> happen in POP.
>
> Best regards,
>
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Robert F" wrote:
>
>> After doing more research with the user she showed me that she added a
>> field
>> that was already in the PM Address MSTR table called email purchase
>> orders
>> to the nedor address maintenance window and the checkbox appeared. I
>> guess
>> now a better question would be does anyone know what those fields are
>> used
>> for? There are also fields for faxing purchase orders as well. These
>> fields
>> weren't created by any customization on our end all she did was add the
>> field to a window using modifier. Sorry for the confusion.
>>

>> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Robert,
>> >
>> > My best guess is that this is perhaps a customization. I can only infer
>> > that
>> > since the email address is stored at the vendor address level (the
>> > Internet
>> > button next to Address ID lookup), a customization was created to send
>> > out
>> > purchase order emails to vendors based on the information stored in the
>> > email
>> > address and of course, based on whether this checkbox is marked or not.
>> >
>> > Unless someone knows otherwise, this is not standard GP functionality.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > MG.-
>> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
rfann (135)
5/28/2008 9:55:06 PM
Rob,

If you found the posting helpful, I would appreciate you rate it as it will
assist other users with similar questions.

Best regards,
--

"Robert F" wrote:

> Thank you very much for the clarification.
> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > These fields exist as part of the PM Address Master table (PM00300) table,
> > but according to the SDK are currently not being used for any operation in
> > particular.
> >
> > If you add the Email Purchase Orders checkbox to the window and you change
> > the Editable property to TRUE, you will be able however to use it as a
> > nice
> > little indicator of whether or not a vendor accepts purchase orders via
> > email
> > -- the system will even save the value if changed -- but unless you do any
> > additional customizations around the value of the field itself, nothing
> > will
> > happen in POP.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Robert F" wrote:
> >
> >> After doing more research with the user she showed me that she added a
> >> field
> >> that was already in the PM Address MSTR table called email purchase
> >> orders
> >> to the nedor address maintenance window and the checkbox appeared. I
> >> guess
> >> now a better question would be does anyone know what those fields are
> >> used
> >> for? There are also fields for faxing purchase orders as well. These
> >> fields
> >> weren't created by any customization on our end all she did was add the
> >> field to a window using modifier. Sorry for the confusion.
> >>

> >> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/28/2008 10:02:08 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_5A6BAF22

Hello Mariano

Thank you for your great replies!

You are correct, the fields are currently in the table, however they are
not currently being used in the system.  So unless there is another
customization in place that looks at the fields they are not functional.

Thank you

Michael Zerr
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a

goal to provide ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.

If this response time does not meet your needs,

please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607
0
mzerr (26)
5/29/2008 4:51:19 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2BB63740

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Kayla Backer

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_2BB63740

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Kayla Backer
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2BB63740--

0
A-KABACK (111)
6/2/2008 6:49:25 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_360C685C

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Kayla Backer

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_360C685C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_360C685C--

0
A-KABACK (111)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Sending Email #6

Customer check data

Order Dog
Is anyone interfacing to Order Dog through RMS? We have a large prospect who uses Order Dog for ordering, but will (hopefully) use RMS as the POS. Rob Yep have customer that uses both "Wrauberto" <Wrauberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47C6B043-6C34-496E-BC1C-F2786A3EAC86@microsoft.com... > Is anyone interfacing to Order Dog through RMS? We have a large prospect > who > uses Order Dog for ordering, but will (hopefully) use RMS as the POS. > > Rob ...

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Recurring email #2

Printing in reverse order
When I try to print from excel and want the apges to print in reverse order (i.e first page of document printed last) even if I select this feature from the print setup exel still prints the first page first!! Is there a fix available?? I use Office XP (2002) and HP printers Thank you Printing options available in Excel are limited by the available connected printer(s). Any issues with printing are generally associated to the printer and drivers installed, not with Excel itself. Verify your printer actually supports reverse printing and that you have the latest drivers installed for ...