Electronic Reconcile Management - Date Formula

I have this client that is trying to implement Electronic Reconcile Management however upon setting up the 'ERM Import Setup' using the CSV file type I am required to add in a formula for the DATE field. I add the the length of the various fields and the DATE indicator in the window. Finally I click on the VERIFY button and to get a error message 'SETUP REPORTS'.

The other formula fields work without incident.

More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9259-6dbb-4d16-9639-81ee42171b00/more-fun-with-fluent-nhib.aspx
0
Bernadine

Well, there is not a lot of information provided so I will provide some
general information.  GP requires dates is a specific format and Excel, which
is most frequently used to generate CSV files handles dates differently.  I
have seen CSV files with 1110 as a date.  You need to determine the format GP
needs, put a formula in the Excel sheet formating the date in the proper
manner and then drop it to a CSV.

That said, if you want to provide some specific information as to what is
found in the CSV file, et cetera, we can try to provide some more assistance.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Bernadine Baney" wrote:

> I have this client that is trying to implement Electronic Reconcile Management however upon setting up the 'ERM Import Setup' using the CSV file type I am required to add in a formula for the DATE field. I add the the length of the various fields and the DATE indicator in the window. Finally I click on the VERIFY button and to get a error message 'SETUP REPORTS'.
>
> The other formula fields work without incident.

> More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9259-6dbb-4d16-9639-81ee42171b00/more-fun-with-fluent-nhib.aspx
> .

Hi Bernadine,

Was the import setup with the 'Electronic Reconcile Format Configurator'?
I'm not familiar with a window called 'ERM Import Setup'. GP Also has a
product called Electronic Bank Management which is different from Electronic
Reconcile.

I need more info, I'd like to help.

Kind regards,

Leslie
"Bernadine Baney" wrote:

> I have this client that is trying to implement Electronic Reconcile Management however upon setting up the 'ERM Import Setup' using the CSV file type I am required to add in a formula for the DATE field. I add the the length of the various fields and the DATE indicator in the window. Finally I click on the VERIFY button and to get a error message 'SETUP REPORTS'.
>
> The other formula fields work without incident.

> More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9259-6dbb-4d16-9639-81ee42171b00/more-fun-with-fluent-nhib.aspx
> .

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

managing two identities
need some help folks: i set up two identities with outlook express 5 and in general the download from both accounts works fine, but whenever i try to switch from the main identity to my second identity the download would not work and then, when trying to switch again back or quit, the program stops working and i get a message soundling like 'outlook express could not be started because another instance of outlook express is still running' any leads how to get two identities work smoothly? cheers and thanks "Gernot" <h9851633@wu.edu> wrote in message news:5f7001c3b34...

Combining cells to create a formula
Hi, I have two cells that I want to combine to have a working formula B1 = sum B2 = d3 b3 = =b1&"("&b2&")" D3 = 10 The result in b3 is : sum(d3) How do I get this to result in the actual value in D3. I know I can simply write =D3, but the actual reason for combining the two cells is more complicated than explained here. Thanks Hi I think you are perhaps looking for the Indirect function =INDIRECT("D"&ROW(3:3)) would return the value contained in D3 As you copy down, the formula would alter to 4, 5 etc. represent D4, D5 etc. -- Regards R...

Update Manager
Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UPDATE MANAGER". It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens. Why is this window popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop? It never used to do this, it just statred lately. Thankyou. tony Because you installed something which features an update manager "Omaha Tony" <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A08659C0-1560-4E8C-8A1C-76A5B1DBB1F8@microsoft.com... > Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UP...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Formula Question #18
I have built a workbook in which I have inserted a formula to tell me whether the contents of a supply bin needs replenishment or not. The formula I used is: =IF(E3>F3,"REPLENISH!","No Action"). Each morning, I run a report to see what parts have been used, which becomes a new sheet in the workbook. Now, I want to add a formula that, whenever it sees "REPLENISH!," it will back through the workbook to count whether that same part needed replenishment on consecutive previous days. If it has, then the latest worksheet will report the number of days that ...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

Erase data, preserve formula's
I have a an excel file with 12 worksheets for the financial year and an additional worksheet for yearly totals. I need to get a blank copy of this and was wondering if anyone knew a way to delete all the user inputted data while keeping the formatting and formula's intact. Any help is much appreciated. -- urbanfox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ urbanfox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519004 Hi Hit F5 and select Special a...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Collection Management email
Hi, We just add a new collection management module into GP 8.0. It works as expected, but when we are trying to send both the collection letter and the invoice, the system send 2 seperate email to the customer. 1 is the collection letter and the other one is the invoice. Is there a way to make it send only 1 email (collection letter in the body and invoice as attachment)? Since it's completely unreasonable to send 2 emails for the same purpose and I'm sure a system like GP is able to accomplish this. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

formula: counting presence
Hello! I have to count presence of employees from sheets between START and END, which is stored in G9 cell. I think it should be something like: =SUM(IF(START:END!G9="present"; 1; 0)), but this one returns #REF and I don't don't why. Try these from a post of mine today. One way. Put the sumif on each sheet with an indirect reference to d12 of the master. then use =sum(sheet1:sheet21!a2) where a2 in your sumif formula. One way to put=SUMIF(B:B,Sheet1!D12) on each sheet is to select all>type the formula in the cell desired>after the error msg>delete from the ...

Reconcile hangs on certain items
Every time I run inventory reconcile (history not checked), the same items seem to hang (most items are a few seconds up to 1 minute tops). These items are setup as misc charges, so they are not even inventoried. One of the items takes about 20-30 minutes in total. Why would an item that does not retain quantities take so long to reconcile? It's consistently the same items every time. ...

Help on Macro or Formula
Hi, i hope someone can help me. i need to create a formula that sits in a cell and looks for data. ( obvioiusly ). however, the formula needs to be in place even though the file from ehere the data comes from might not be there yet. ( i have to create a book that when a new file is created, the links are already in place ). i think it could work with an IF type formula for ( if B2="",""). here is my information. Cell description: A2 = Job no. B2 = Client Name D2 = Actual Spend on project Register!D2 = Job Description Register!H2 = Quoted Amount my path is S:\Clients\...

Compare Now() to a European date
This is driving me nuts, I have a list of certificates. In column B their expiry dates are entered as Europeans, some at least, do. Like today would be 20080524. I want these cells to change colour with conditional formating. For instance becoming yellow when there is less than three months between now and the expiry date, and then becoming red when there is less than one month to expiry. Else they should remain without colour. I have read through a hundred posts dealing with similar needs and seemingly fine replies, but I get nowhere with my particular sheet. When I format my B cell as ...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

MVP PLESE; Report Manager
I did all required in installation and when the Report Manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No selection in the drop down for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site. Running Excel 2002. It's so easy in MS Works. ...

Copy/Paste formulas
How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant') from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I) row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows increment. $E$65 "BobG" wrote: > How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific...

using dates Part 2

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

Formula for competition timesheet
Here is the situation. I have a number of members in a clay target club who shoot a competition over a number of ranges. Ranges 1 to 8. They shoot a competition over 4 days. They start shooting at a specific time each day. Start time in cell A1. The duration of the time they spend on each range is specified in B1. These times may vary each day. I have set up a table in the worksheet that shows the squad numbers in column A, the ranges they shoot each day and the time they start to shoot on each range. This table only shows the squad numbers up to the number of members shooting, which is ...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...