EFT for Payables - GP 10 - Functionality has been reduced

In version 9 or before, a client could select all cheques for payment,
and the system would create cheques for vendors without EFT info, and
create the EFT file for vendor with EFT.

I cannot do this anymore (in GP 10).  On the batch setup screen when
you choose computer cheque, there is an option for payment type -
Cheque or EFT.  I have to create an EFT batch and use select cheques,
then create a cheque batch, and process them separately.  If I forgot
to do the EFT batch first, then all vendors would get paid by cheques.

If this is the case, this will cause grief to a lot of clients who are
used to doing one select cheques run. Does anybody know if I can do
anything differently to get this working as it did previously?

Most of the people I deal with have always done 2 batches,  1 for EFT
and 1 for Checks. the advantage of the new functionality is that you
don't have to burn check stock or check numbers for your EFT
Remittance slips (a previously expensive operation).

But yes, it is a process change.

Mark

On Jun 25, 9:38=A0am, Zack G <z.gallin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In version 9 or before, a client could select all cheques for payment,
> and the system would create cheques for vendors without EFT info, and
> create the EFT file for vendor with EFT.
>
> I cannot do this anymore (in GP 10). =A0On the batch setup screen when
> you choose computer cheque, there is an option for payment type -
> Cheque or EFT. =A0I have to create an EFT batch and use select cheques,
> then create a cheque batch, and process them separately. =A0If I forgot
> to do the EFT batch first, then all vendors would get paid by cheques.
>
> If this is the case, this will cause grief to a lot of clients who are
> used to doing one select cheques run. Does anybody know if I can do
> anything differently to get this working as it did previously?

0
mpolino (496)

Indirect function
Hi, I struggle to create a macro with INDIRECT function that would jump to different cells. What cell I want to jump to depends on a currently selected cell. This means I need to put a relative reference into the function. Here is my function - I need to replace R1C1 expression with a realtive one (currently selected cell address with the same behavior as R1C1 expression). How can I do that? Application.Goto Reference:= _ "INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56C8,""!"",""a"",MATCH(R56C1,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56 C8,1)),false)))" Whatever I do I get follo...

Business Alerts #10
I'm getting the following message after i upgraded from 9.0 to 10.0 "The following error occurred in sql server: xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80040111" I looked in the master table for xp_sendmail under extended stored procedures and there was not one called xp_sendmail and added the correct role and permission. What i don't understand is what stored procedures calls that extended stored procedure You do not say whether you are using SQL Server 2000 or 2005. Regardless, the xp_sendmail system extended stored procedure should be present in the master database....

Remove function?
We just got Microsoft Excel '07 and I'm trying to enter a simple '1-5' type of data and it keeps converting it to a date. How do I format the cell to leave what I type alone? Pre-format as Text or precede the entry with an apostrophe. The apostrophe won't show in the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:35:22 -0700, Brooke <Brooke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We just got Microsoft Excel '07 and I'm trying to enter a simple '1-5' type >of data and it keeps converting it to a date. How do I format the cell to >...

eConnect getNextSopNumber functionality not working
Hi, All: I am a newbie to eConnect9. I am working on a project to integrate a homegrown Web program to GP9 using eConnect. I want to construct a SOP transaction XML. The major issue is it's a multiuser environment. It's more desireable to use the getNextSOPNumber feature built in SQL Server to get the next SOP number from SOP40200 table to minimize the chance of deadly lock etc. The manual says if you don't pass SOPNUMBE to taSOPLineIvcInsert and taSOPHdrIvcInsert, the stored procedure will automatically get the next SOP number from SOP40200. But when I didn't like th...

Tables not changing in GP
I have created a GP add-in. The latest version of this app uses 5 new tables, which are created by a process run at "Startup". The tables are created fine in SQL Server, along with the appropriate permissions. My problem is that the resources (Tools > Resources > Tables) for my product still show an old table (which has been renamed in the app) and does not show the new table. Both the changed table and the new one are in the same Table Group as the other tables and they are all in the same series (Purchasing). Before installing my nw chunk I have deleted the old dict...

Oulook 2000 import export function not available
Only thing I found so far on MS site was to not allow shring between address book (wab) and Outlook. Tried switvching this on, but still have same problem (import export function from MS Outlook greyed out) Anybody got any ideas David >Only thing I found so far on MS site was to not allow shring between address >book (wab) and Outlook. Tried switvching this on, but still have same >problem (import export function from MS Outlook greyed out) Run your Outlook's SETUP.EXE again and select that option for installation. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, M...

recurring email function
I know how to set up a recurring meeting invite or task, but does anyon know if you can set an email message to recur in Outlook 2000? If so how ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Sending Attachments #10
I am having problems ... when I send messages to other people using Outlook 2000, for some reason my attachments are not being received. If I use my ISP mail program the attachments are usually received. Help!! And thanks in advance. Magoo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having problems ... when I send messages to other > people using Outlook 2000, for some reason my attachments > are not being received. If I use my ISP mail program the > attachments are usually received. Help!! And thanks in > advance. In what format are you sending the me...

Insert a custom function in a cell by runnig a sub or through a macro.
I have a function named mysub and with parameters that has to be supplied to the function. I want that when the cell where the function is to be inserted, the user can type the arguments of the function sub after they have run the sub. Lets say, that after the sub is run, they get =mysub(..) with the cursor in between the parenthesis and so that they can move with typing of the arguments/parameter of the function. So, in summary, the advantage is that, the user should not type =mysub through the keyboard or they donot even need to remember that provied that there are large numbe...

Accepting function pointers in HookDLL
Hi, I need to be able to filetr messages in several appz that i'm doing with a HookDLL. Next i don't want to use PostMessage due to the latency which i can't rely on. I wish to use function pointers that i can set in the hook DLL via an exported function but this doesn't work across process boundries as i suspected because a Hook DLL works perfect as long as the communication space is my application and he hook DLL. as soon as a third app enters this space it's all over. Can anyone suggest me a way to achieve this ? If you need any more information please let me know. ...

e-mail 03-25-10
I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba wireless laptop both running Vista and when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both computers. For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same e-mail will not show up on the Dell so I have to send it to myself, shut down the Toshiba and open it up on the Dell. Or if I reply to an e-mail on the Toshiba, it will not show up on the Dell under "Sent". ??? Sent messages will only show on the machine it was sent from. For incoming, I believe only one machine has "Leave a copy" checked...

How to import excel file into Microsoft GP!!
Hi, Can anyone provide me with some codes for importing excel sheets into GP database ? Regards Best advice is either: A: use integration manager to bring the excel data in (recommended) B: Use table import to bring in either a tab or comma delimeted file Best regards Mike <bikesh.vaidya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f8910863-60d3-4d1c-ba67-0fab84617052@v32g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone provide me with some codes for importing excel sheets into > GP database ? > > Regards MichaelG is right. Any other method starts to get hard. (mail merge m...

CRM 10-09-03
sir, I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how it is going to develop the management people Regards Rajesh For information on Microsoft CRM go to www.microsoft.com/crm "Rajesh" <Rajesh@tvisha.com> wrote in message news:0b9901c38e47$fd9e2d50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > sir, > > I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how > it is going to develop the management people > > > > Regards > Rajesh ...

Workflow Question 11-10-05
I am create a workflow for new prospects. I need to add an additional Wait condition but, when I add the Wait condition (to check an activity) my Task isn't in the activity drop-down list. I am inserting the wait condition within an If..then..else statement. If I insert a Wait condition outside of the if..then..else statement then all of my tasks are listed. Here is what I have so far: WHEN OPPORTUNITY IS CREATED if opportunity.prioritycode = Prospect then Task: Schedule an Appointment Email to:[account];Subject:Introduction to PA If opportunity.currentbro...

Compatible Printers for GP 10
Is there a place where I can find the compatible laser printers for GP 10 that supports MICR printing. I am not able to find anything on the support site. Thanks Starting with GP 9, Microsoft will no longer issue a Printers' Compatibility List as in their own words, most printers are compatible. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "nfp" wrote: > Is there a place where I can find the compatible laser ...

GP 10 Web Service - CreateSalesOrder method
I am using the Dynamics GP 10 Web Service, CreateSalesOrder method to create a sales order from my Windows Forms application. I would like to display for the user the Sales Order number that is assigned (automatically) when the order is created. MSDN says the key.id is automatically populated in the SalesOrder class. This may be true, but if so the scope does not extend back to my call because SalesOrder.key.ID is null. The CreateSalesOrder method returns void, so the answer is not there either. I have a kluge answer in which I read the SOP10106 to get back the number of the order just cr...

SQL update for Payables manual payment distributions
Hi All Can someone please provide me with a SQL script to update the distributions of a payables manual payment. The correct check amount is already available for each transaction in the manual payments screen. I now want to use the same value (check amount) for each payment and update the related distribution line items. Thanks in advance, I'm being dense here, but I don't understand what you are trying to do. Do you have the manual payments already saved to a batch and you want to set the distribution accounts without having to open the window? If yes, the dis...

What function returns the Nth position in a sequence of numbers?
MS Excel 2002 Hi What is the function that tells you (without doing a manual sort) which position a cell's value is within a range of values? I've used it before but I cant find it in Excel's Help ! With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Check out the MATCH function in Excel's help menu... Hope this helps! Shiperton Henethe Wrote: > MS Excel 2002 > > > Hi > > What is the function that tells you (without doing a manual sort) > which position a cell's value is within a range of values? > > I've used it before but I cant find it in...

Great Plains 10.00 Blank Comment ID for Receivings Line Items
If the Comment ID field for POP Receipt table is for future release, Stepahnie of Odyssey Software suggested that the field be removed from the column list to avoid adding it and confuse the users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft....

Functionality Question: Can you have two views of a folder?
We're looking a building a project/knowledge management system & are considering the options within outlook. Ideally, I'd rather have a single calendar (or other folder) which has a view of certain projects for me; other projects for my co-workers, and sub-set of both for our boss. Obviously we'll need to be *able* to see the suppressed items, but normally wont. While reading "Outlook 2000: In a nutshell" by Syroid & Leuf (O'Reilly), I'm wondering if we could have a master calendar folder, and have other folders with filters applied that show a subset o...

Use the "Countif" Function with a combo Box
I'm trying to use the COUNTIF function with a Combo List as range. Is it possible anyway? OK, I Find IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry folks. "SergioBXL" wrote: > I'm trying to use the COUNTIF function with a Combo List as range. Is it possible anyway? ...

Getting macro to run with pasted function
Greetings, I am trying to remove all duplicate rows by checking the first five colums in each row. The spreadsheet is 20 colums by 800 rows, and I am using Excel 2003. I have tried to get Chip Pearson's DeleteDuplicatesViaFilter to run, and I'm not having any luck. Don't have much, (if any) experience with Visual Basic. I'm not sure where to put the range of cells I want checked. I also don't know how to name the macro to be able to make it run. Is this the best solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the first part of his code: Function Del...

RMS shipping function
Why doesn't the POS screen calulate sales tax on shipping charges? We have always used a seperate line item call Freight - UPC code -> F When you used it as a seperate line item the POS does calculate the tax at our states going rate. We wanted to start using the shift F1 feature because we added the prrduct weight to all our items in the Manager Program and we going to intergrate our RMS data base to our new WEB shopping site and weights must be loaded so the WEB shopping cart can calculate shipping when the WEB customer buys something from us. Moe Moe, Not all states/countries c...

function template #2
Hi I am trying to use a function template as a member of a class. My class declaration is as follows: ref class CListCtrlSetup { public: CListCtrlSetup(void); template<class T> void InsColumn(T& lst, DataTable^ table); } and the function declaration is template<class T> void CListCtrlSetup::InsColumn(T& lst, System::Data::DataTable^ table) { try { DataColumnCollection^ columns = table->Columns; DataColumn^ column; CString str; int i, col = columns->Count; for(i=0; i<col; i++){ column = columns[i]; str = column->ColumnName; lst.Inser...

Where to put results of the "find" function.
in EXCEL 2002 during the very first use of "find" one is asked what to do with the results of the find. Either to copy to another location in the worksheet, or list at the bottom of the find window. The dialog box does not open again on subsequent uses of "find". How does one get back to that dialog box, or is there another way to change where the results of a "find" are placed after the initial pass? To place the results you need a formula or a macro using FIND. Look in the help index. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "...