eConnect / Web Services Slow?

We are using webservices to replace integration manager which will run as
windows service, however we also want to pull some customer info out of GP
onto our web based customer portal.  I have noticed that connecting to GP is
very slow (~30 seconds).  Is this normal?  Is this going to be the same when
I use ASP.NET, 30 seconds is unacceptable.

- Tim
tboland@gmail.com
0
Tim6814 (325)

Publishing to the Web
Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around effectively within the site. How can I correct this? -- Have a Blessed Day! Cyn cyn42567 wrote: > Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet > Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around > effectively within the site. How can I correct this? By using a real webdesign program rather than a DTP program. If you don't have FrontPage or Expression Web and can't afford to get...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)
Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first administrative groups: one called <servername> and the other called SMTP connector. The former says "Critical: Service not running" while the latter says "Available". Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped." The Exchange server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message tracking...

How to tell if an account is an Exchange "service" account?
Sorry, just having a paranoid moment... We've noticed an old functional account in AD called HelpLine which has been disabled for ages. It's not a member of any groups. An email address is listed on the General tab and we need to put that address on another mailbox. However, each time the field is emptied, the address appears to come back, so we can't assign it to another AD account (address already exists in the organisation error). In Exchange tasks on the account, I have the options to create a mailbox, establish email address or remove Exchange attributes. I'm pretty sur...

GAL web page
How can I create a web page listing names and phone numbers (possibly couple other fields from AD). I have ran across several CDO or ADSI samples for Exchange 5.5, but w are running Exchange 2000. Does anyone have ideas or code for me? It must be out there. Ideally, I would like to expand it to an in/out checkboard type o thing. For now, just publishing the phone list will work - cgraham158 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread...

Using map on web design
Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Save the map as a GIF file optimized for the web, open a picture frame on your document, insert your map picture, should do the trick. DavidF "Map on web design" <Map on web design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29908809-F532-4849-8302-F14F7C1C8501@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Can I copy any map from the internet? Or a special site to go to to get one to be used? Thanks for the reply :-) "DavidF" wrote: > Save the map as a ...

Exchange 2K Web Access
Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? Thank You, CHris Chris wrote: > Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a > mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? > Thank You, > CHris Exchange 2000 has OWA functionality built-in which lets You access your mailbox using HTTP -- Tomasz Onyszko [MVP] http://www.w2k.pl Thank You. Is there a wizard to setup this feature or can you direct me? Thank You, Chris "Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" wrote: > Chris w...

Web Addresses
How do I remove the line from under a web address so that I may use it in a report that requires that I remove the line and inactive a direct link? Select the text and press CTRL+Space which will reset the paragraph to the underlying style OR Change the format of the Hyperlink and followed Hyperlink styles not to have an underline OR Set the autoformat as you type option not to convert internet paths to hyperlinks, so the address wouldn't be underlined in the first place. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

Service Pack 2
I recently installed SP2. Now I'm trying to sync tasks, look people up in the GAL, etc. I'm using a Siemens SX66 device from Cingular running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. It's not totally clear how to install and enable these features. I'm thinking you need to be running Windows Mobile 5 and have to wait for the "The Messaging & Security Feature Pack" to be released some time in 2006. Can anyone please give some more info? Here are the links I found: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sp2/overview.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmo...

Web table to Excel...
Could someone help me exporting the tables from the following web-page into excel ? http://www.ekdd.gr/ESDD/IH/REBBBD-esdd-epityxontwn.htm (use unicode encoding) is this impossible ? ...

Excel super slow on paste function in 2007
When you copy and paste one cell to another I get the circular waiting bar and after 4-5 seconds it pastes. If I'm doing a bunch of cells, it still takes 4-5 seconds per cell and the cells will appear right to left, 1 every 4-5 seconds until it's complete. If I hit ESC, everything copies and pastes right away. This started happening when we converted a 2003 file to 2007. It affects everyone so it's not my PC, it's the document. There are no active add-ons but I recently downloaded an add-in that I got from this discussion board to find hidden links (it's d...

SBS2008 RRAS service causes other servcies to crash
Would be VERY grateful if there is an expert eye that can be cast over my problem. I have an SBS2008 server which has been working fine for about 3 months. Just before christmas RRAS stopped So I manually started it and it stopped again. Then had a critical email notice saying all these services stopped The Application Experience service has been stopped. The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service has been stopped. The Network Policy Server service has been stopped. The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service has been stopped. The IP Helper service has been stoppe...

Publishing to the WEB #2
If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the site? You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions. Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in...

email says 'service unavailable'
what does that mean Service: the act of serving Unavailable: Not available, accessible, or at hand --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, me asked: | what does that mean me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what does that mean DUH! Did you pay the Internet Service Provider? "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3674E98-EFED-438C-844F-2DF801410438@microsoft.com...

eConnect 9.0.184.0 does not fix documented error #20520
Hi, I've just implemented eConnect 9.0 after we upgraded our GP to 9.0. I noticed that SalesPerson and Territory were not always populated in the orders I pushed thru. I found in the eConnect HotFix document the following: 20520 ---- taSOPHDRIVCInsert SALSTERR and SLPRSNID getting set to blank in SOP10200 on an invoice that has qty back ordered and it should maintain the values So now I'm testing the HotFix version 9.0.184.0 and it isn't fixing the problem. SALSTERR and SLPRSNID are still blank - I'm getting frantic because this is running in a production environme...

How to import web link and avoid frame?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import web link into Excel and avoid frame on web page? When I browse following link, it look fine on IE, but when I insert this link into excel, it shows nothing, because of frame within HTML. http://www.hkab.org.hk/DisplayInterestSettlementRatesAction.do?Submit=Search&lang=en&year=2010&month=2&day=3 Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve it within Excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric When I right click on the sheet>import to excel, I get. You can the record a macro to refresh. Rates ...

Web services in CRM
This may be a question more for microsoft.public.dotnet.language, but I'll try anyway! I don't have a dotnet background so the question may also be silly. I want to connect to MS-CRM using web services. I cannot find any WSDL files with which I can achieve this. (I want customers to be able to track service requests). How do I/can I connect to CRM using non dotnet web services? Maybe an option is for me to learn some dotnet, write an interface and expose it using WSDL.... I'd prefer not to, time is tight and I have a design to finish! Cheers, Lindsay There are no WSDL ...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...

Print publications are saving as Web publications unintentionally
Have been producing church bulletins using Publisher for some time. Bulletins are usually 8 pages and print in booklet form. This week everytime I save the publication as a Print Publication, it becomes a Web Publication (when reopened). As a Web publicxation, printing is all screwed up . . . converting to Print Publication only works until you close and reopen the document and printing remains messed up even after conversion. Are you using the same bulletin over and over? What version Publisher are you using? Have you tried a detect and repair? Sounds like you have some corruption goi...

"tasks" tab in Project Web Access
Hello, I use MS Project Server 2003. When I assign task to some resource (user), and then I log in as this user to Project Web Access, and I go to the "tasks" tab - I can't see that tasks in tasks list. The list is empty. However, I can do (still in Project Web Access) "actions -> assign me to a new task". And then, when I assign a user to a new task in this way, this task is visible in tasks list. Why can't I normally see user's tasks in "tasks" tab in Project Web Access? Hi, You did not mention if you published the tasks after as...

excel goes insanely slow
HI, Im making graphs in 2007, They are called tensile curves and have about 1500 points each. I have 9 curves on one graph. Basically, excel crashes, if i go to change anything (axes scale, line weight, colour, etc) excel goes slower then any program ive ever run, stops responding and eventually (2-10 minutes later) lets me click something. Im running a core 2 duo with ample ram, disk space and operating on xp pro so im doubting its a hardware or OS problem any ideas on what is wrong and/or how to fix it? Thanks, Tom T: An interesting problem. Would you like to send me ( remove TRU...

field service managment with outlook
Dear, if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date in outlook from field service management module , I mean when my tech people go to finalize any call can the system send me an email inform me that my tech peoples are in this site and they are doing this job ? Peter, We are interested to discuss the solution. Please drop an email to learn more MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Peter Atef" wrote: > Dear, > if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date > in outlook from field service management module , I mean when ...

eConnect newbie
I'm sending SOP invoices from a web store to Great Plains Dynamics 7.0 via eConnect 7.0 (eConnect_API class eConnect_EntryPoint method). I'm calling the eConnect assembly from a C# web service that will receive the incoming SOP transactions as XML. I'm only supplying XML schemas for the invoice header and detail lines of each transaction. That all works fine. The issue I have is with SOPNUMBE. It should be, in my case at least, an incrementing number. There is a table in Great Plains, SOP40200, that contains a record with the last SOPNUMBE used. However, I wish to avoid touc...

Extremely slow open doc missing template
When we open a document with a template \\servername\folder and the server does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes about 5 minutes to open the document. The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of documents. If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7. I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so maybe it ...

How do i set up the pan and zoom option when saving as a web page
how do i set up the pan and zoom option when saving as a webpage, the help tutorial tells me to click on publish and then select pan and zoom, and noting the outputs, im doing allthat!!!!!!!!!!!!! what am i doing wrong??? You're not seeing the pan & zoom control at all? Two ideas: 1. If opening in IE, are you clicking the annoying yellow bar at the top of the page that says "security! security! blah blah!" ?? 2. If not in IE, then your browser probably doesn't support these features. Bummer. The "cool features" in the Visio Save As Web feature are very ...