eConnect - Qty to Backorder not saving on Order document

I am in the process of modifying our eConnect integration to support passing
in a back ordered quantity when saving an Order document (not a BackOrder
document).  The original transaction only passed in QUANTITY.  My first
attempt was to just add QTYTBAOR to the existing transaction.  My second
attempt was to add TOTALQTY as the sum of QUANTITY and QTYTBAOR.  In all
cases I did not get any errors but the QTYTBAOR field in the database was not
updated.

I don't think it is a configuration issue because it is possible to set
backorder quantities using Great Plains.

Does anybody know if there is a "use backorder quantity" flag in the
transaction or some configuration that must be set for this to work?  Is this
just another parameter that needs to be added to the post stored procedure's
update statement?

We use GP 8.0 and eConnect 8.0.4.

Thanks

Oops user error, adding this response in case other's have the same type of
problem.

We are not using the eConnect objects to create the xml request document.  I
typoed the QTYTBAOR element and eConnect processed the request without
returning any error.  Since the QTYTBAOR element technically wasn't being
passed in the default value of zero was used.

So be careful if you are not using the eConnect objects, you will not be
warned if you do something incorrectly.

"MichaelCase" wrote:

> I am in the process of modifying our eConnect integration to support passing
> in a back ordered quantity when saving an Order document (not a BackOrder
> document).  The original transaction only passed in QUANTITY.  My first
> attempt was to just add QTYTBAOR to the existing transaction.  My second
> attempt was to add TOTALQTY as the sum of QUANTITY and QTYTBAOR.  In all
> cases I did not get any errors but the QTYTBAOR field in the database was not
> updated.
>
> I don't think it is a configuration issue because it is possible to set
> backorder quantities using Great Plains.
>
> Does anybody know if there is a "use backorder quantity" flag in the
> transaction or some configuration that must be set for this to work?  Is this
> just another parameter that needs to be added to the post stored procedure's
> update statement?
>
> We use GP 8.0 and eConnect 8.0.4.
>
> Thanks

Invoicing select lines (or "releases") from a Sales Order
In Great Plains 7.5... I'm trying to choose the best way to handle a very common business transaction we encounter with sales orders having multiple releases. For example, a customer orders 300 Widgets as 3 lines of 100 widgets each. Each line has a different delivery due date, such as 100 pcs Feb 1, 100 pcs Mar 1, and 100 pcs Apr 1. The problem happens when we go to "transfer to invoice" for the individual releases. We want a clear for the invoice to be only for a particular release, and for it to be clear in the original order as to what lines still remain to be s...

Saving Question
Why does Excel sometimes ask me if I want to save my spreadhseet even though I haven't made any changes? For example, I just brought it up, made no changes, did nothing, and when I close it out I'm asked if I want to save. Never understood that. Some functions are "volatile" and force a recalculation upon opening the workbook. These commands include TODAY(), NOW(), AREAS() and some others I can't think of right now. Once the workbook is recalced, Excel assumes that it has changed, even if you didn't really change anything. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft...

Saving size of CSplitterWnd
Hello! This is a rather long winded question but I hope that someone will read it! I have a MFC application with a Splitter Window. I use CreateStatic and it only containes two rows In CMainFrame::OnCreateClient !m_mainSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) I then Create 2 views using !m_mainSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CCAMLaserView2), CSize(cr.Width(), cr.Height()/2), pContext ) !m_mainSplitter.CreateView( 1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CCAMLaserView2), CSize(cr.Width(), cr.Height()/2), pContext ) I save the view sizes when ending the application so if this is the second ...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Resize a document
Hello, I would like to resize a publisher document 8.5 x 11...to 7 x 9 without disrupting the layout. Any ideas? Hi Tina (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hello, I would like to resize a publisher document 8.5 x || 11...to 7 x 9 without disrupting the layout. Any ideas? The only options really are to: 1. Create a new publication with the sizes you prefer. 2. Change the page size of your publication, then select all objects on the page, group them, then resize as a group. Items such as text and text in tables will not resize properly. You w...

Just ordered Quicken 2010 to replace Money Plus Premium
Going to give it a shot and see what happens. I've read threads here and other places and it seems that the problems are usually minor and correctable. Don't recall any showstoppers. Has anyone accumulated the issues and workarounds where necessary, or suggested tips, like removing the password first? I have data going back to 1995 (I've had every version of Money since then) and last time I looked, it was over 60,000 transactions in total. Also, unrelated, but is there an Excel addin like MoneyLink that lets you import data directly into Excel? I have found that feature insanel...

Syntax to save ActiveCell to MyActiveCell then select later
Using 2003 Have been attempting to capture the range (or whatever I need) of an active cell to reselect later. I would like to perform the essence of the code below (but the syntax is not correct) Sub ReturnToOriginalActiveCell() Dim MyActiveCell As Range MyActiveCell = ActiveCell.?????????? [Other VBA Code] MyActiveCell.Select End Sub TIA Dennis Hi try sub foo() dim old_cell as range set old_cell = activecell 'your code old_cell.select end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dennis wrote: > Using 2003 > > Have been attempting to capture the range (or wh...

Timeout issues on Sales Orders with many Products
Hi all, I'm experiencing timeout issues with Sales Orders that have 25-30 products on the Order Detail level. I haven't found any documentation on this particular issue. Has any ever seen this before? I'm a little loathe to start reindexing the tables, especially considering the SalesOrderDetail table has less than 300 rows. -Luke ...

Lost ability in MSWord to make ANY changes to ANY document
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything other than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'- I can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an earlier date, but nothing- Version of Word? If it's 2007 and someplace on the screen it says something about "This modification is not allowed because selection is locked", it could be that you've been using a trial version that's now expired or you haven't properly activated your full version. -- Cheers! Gor...

Saving customized toolbars?
Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot and Excel's Excel.xlb) that holds Publisher's toolbars? I have Publisher 2000. Tx. There isn't a customized toolbar menu for Publisher 2000. There are a few options, but nothing important enough to backup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message news:45akl1lh36qjejkk01st55sb709qtn5inn@4ax.com... > Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot an...

Item backorders on Inventory Transfer to Site
Hi all, Is there any way to leave a qty on "backorder" on an Inventory Transfer ? For example, we want to transfer 10 of item ABC to another site. The main site only has 4 right now. How do we have the system track that the other site still requires an additional 6 units of that item, and when the main site receives more of item ABC, it should flag that the other site still requires them. We will be using the order points to give us suggested levels, but there are times when we require more, and want the system to track that ? Any ideas.... Thanks, Chris B. ...

a document has gone in compatibility mode how do I get it back
I lost a couple of documents that I had saved and was changing the saved title and as I have said the document has gone into compatibility and I cant get it back. ...

How do you search within a document?
I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost but there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved document and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out having to scroll throu the list? The first thing you should look at is Data>Filter. It may well do everything you want. If you need more help, post back. Regards, Fred "Me2020" <Me2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B20D94-EBC2-49E6-9E4F-127...

When printing, how do I keep a letter-sized document from expandi.
I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher. But every time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc. Please help!!! Check your printer settings inside Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "godovino" <godovino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AEC49BF-CBCA-4F05-932C-034B008D6472@microsoft.com... >I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher. But >every > time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc. > > Please help!!! Could ...

How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?
I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I desire? If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file for storage together with other mail items/folders "Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

XML Load and Save Exclusively
Hi, The following code just appends another copy of Xml to existing one. using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.None)) { xmldoc = new XmlDocument(); xmldoc.Load(fs); // would like to do something, like add a node. // for example below, do nothing here. xmldoc.Save(fs); } I would like to read an Xml file exclusively, append a node and save. The above code, which does nothing other than just open and save immediately, will attach two copie...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

move page from one document to another
I need some "fast" help! I have never worked in Publisher before, but need to get a project done for an organization I work for. I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to basically "copy" from one document to another. HELP!! kdramirez <kdramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another >document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to >basically "copy&qu...

How to track my saving?
Hi, I wonder how i can track my saving in Money 2004 Delexus. I set up some saving goals in my budget, but i don't see how Money provides assistance about how i am doing in fulfilling my saving goals. The feature i am looking for is this, when i have left over money in my budget each money, i want to be able to divide the leftover amount into a couple "virtual accounts", each of which tracks one of my saving goals. Then i want Money to be able to tell me how much i have saved towards each specific goal and how much more i need to save. I heard Quicken has this "virt...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...

how do I change list order in color catagory assignment in office
only 15 color catagories can be displayed in color assignment in office outlook 2007. I wish to change the order of the list. I tried to number them 1-15, but it did not change the list. It did show 10-15 in the top of the list, and 1-9 on the bottom. I wish it to show them in order of 1-15, not necessarily with numbers, but with the color and catagory that I have assigne to them. any help would be appreciated THNX ...

Save a CBitmap to disk, possible?? pleeze help!
i dont know how to do this!!! i know i can attach it to a CImage and then save it, but is it also possible in another way?? thanx ! I don't believe that a CBitmap is actually connected to any bitmap really. If you were to serialize it, you'd just end up with a couple of member variables and maybe a pointer to where the data was at one time. I think what you need to do is call the GetBitmapBits function and save all of that data, then upon restore recreate the CBitmap with SetBitmapBits. >-----Original Message----- >i dont know how to do this!!! >i know i can attach...

This document does not exist for this customer or type.
If I go to Transactions->Sales->Apply Sales Documents and bring up a customer account and a specific document number, I see a few documents that that have been applied to this document. However, the original amt and the applied amt are way off for this customer. So when I do a detail historical aged trial balance I see all these document numbers that if applied to this credit would make the original amt and applied amt equal. But they are not available in the Transactions->Sales->Apply Sales Documents list. I went into the database and saw that the items not applied to t...