eConnect - Company Id

I'm trying to pass SOP entry using eConnect. We are likely to get orders,
which are to be placed in two different databases based on the currency id.
Is there any company id field available? Or how could I change the connection
string value based on the currency id passed? Or is there any other method
available to achieve this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
ACEShankar (98)

Shankar-

Take a look at MC60200 and SY01500 in the DYNAMICS database.  Depending on
how you have currencies set up, you might be able to get from MC60200 to
SY01500 using CMPANYID, and then get INTERID (which will be the database
name) from SY01500.

Brenner
--
www.KlenzmanConsulting.com

"ACE_Shankar" wrote:

> I'm trying to pass SOP entry using eConnect. We are likely to get orders,
> which are to be placed in two different databases based on the currency id.
> Is there any company id field available? Or how could I change the connection
> string value based on the currency id passed? Or is there any other method
> available to achieve this? Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ace_Shankar,
were you able to resolve this problem?
"Brenner Klenzman" <BrennerKlenzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:147BEAB2-0B6F-4D4B-826B-B0DD364B284E@microsoft.com...
> Shankar-
>
> Take a look at MC60200 and SY01500 in the DYNAMICS database.  Depending on
> how you have currencies set up, you might be able to get from MC60200 to
> SY01500 using CMPANYID, and then get INTERID (which will be the database
> name) from SY01500.
>
> Brenner
> --
> www.KlenzmanConsulting.com
>

> "ACE_Shankar" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to pass SOP entry using eConnect. We are likely to get orders,
>> which are to be placed in two different databases based on the currency
>> id.
>> Is there any company id field available? Or how could I change the
>> connection
>> string value based on the currency id passed? Or is there any other
>> method
>> available to achieve this? Any suggestion is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

0
jacktundra (359)

Event ID: 5892
I am receiving the following error in my application event log on my exchange server related to CRM. Is this anything I need to be concerned about &/or how can I fix this problem Event Type: Error Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5892 Date: 12/29/2003 Time: 4:30:26 PM User: N/A Computer: W2K-AS-11 Description: The description for Event ID ( 5892 ) in Source ( CrmExchangeQueueService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to ...

Invalid Item id

Please help! mapping new lead attribute to territory id in account
Please help - I have created a new Territory attribute in leads but I can't map this back to territory ID in accounts - I would like one lookup list of values to maintain for territory id / I would like to use the system territory id attribute in Leads as this is an attribute that I would have thought would have been available "out of the box" in Leads?? Can anyone tell me how to do this please as CRM3 won't let me make this mapping - it says the source and destination attributes are invalid for mapping. so many thanks if you can help me Hi, CRM does only support t...

Suspect the corrupted company db cause an error when delete/create GP user on another db
In this SQL2000 instance, there are 3 company databases (WSSB, TWSSB and ZZZ) and also is has DYNAMICS. WSSB -- Live company db TWSSB -- Training db ZZZ -- Testing db Logon GP with sa to WSSB, and then GP9 >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Users then delete a user account and error prompted - is related to stored procedure missing on "another" db named ZZZ. I feel weird so then I try to change company to ZZZ, and the similar error prompted - is related to missing stored procedure on ZZZ db. And I do not successfully logon to ZZZ. So, I wonde...

eConnect #6
Hi... Our company is trying to connect a point of sale with great plains. I know I can use eConnect but I am trying to install it and I can't. I read the manual but does not help me. I need that someone help me with this issue and some guides. Thanks a lot. Michelle, It is difficult to answer broad questions. Your MBS partner and MBS Support should be able to help you. What sort of trouble are you having? HS "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7020D0D9-F008-4F60-A507-C78B043E256D@microsoft.com... : Hi... : Our company is trying t...

Event ID 1003
SQL 2000 Server event viewer, recieving this error message: Unable to query the W3SVC (HTTP) service performance data. The error code returned by the service is data DWORD 0. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Access this link provides no asssistance. Has anyone encountered this message and what is the resolution. Thanks ...

Using eConnectOut to get a list of companies and GL Account Number
Hi all, I am trying to work out how to get a list of Companies and/ or General Ledger Account Numbers from Great Plains using eConnect. I can get other information (such as Employees, Customers etc) using eConnectOut, but I cannot work out what Document Type to use to get the Companies and GL Account Number lists. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

List Customization
Using the Sales and Purchasing Lists, we would like to get Class ID added to the Display Columns on the List Customization window for Vendors and Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Tax Detail IDs not coming from PO on Receivings
Hi, I'm running v9.0 with Project Accounting. Here is a problem I am having which looks like a bug to me: 1. I enter a PO, and give it a particular Tax Detail ID (from the expansion button next to calculated tax) 2. I enter a Shipment/Invoice Receveings Transaction and auto-receive against the PO 3. The Tax Detail on the line item of the Receivings transaction defaults a different Tax Detail and ignores the Tax Detail from the PO. This causes an extra data entry step that the user has to re-key the correct Tax Detail on the Receivings transaction. Any ideas on this? Can anyone con...

Event ID 447 : Database Corruption
Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 A full backup of the Exchange database was successfully completed on Sunday 1st October. On Wednesday 4th October the following event appeared in the Application Log: Source: ESE Category: Database Corruption Event ID: 447 Information Store (4492) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 102777, PgnoRoot: 2434583) of database G:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\WHG.edb (2434583 => 413622, 0). Microsoft Article ID: 810190 recommended that a restore be done as soon as possible. A restore was successfu...

Sort CRM contacts in Outlook by Company Name
When CRM contacts get transferred to Outlook, the company shows up as account and the information cannot be sorted in Outlook by the account. The contacts in Outlook are used to synchronize with a PDA and they only transfer by contact name and not company. When you are a new field sales person on the road, you will know the company but not always the names of the individuals. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If y...

eConnect and Misc logs
Does anyone has a VB.NET app that loads Misc logs using eConnect? My users want a reoccurring solution to import Excel "Misc Log" data into GP. Anyone have a eConnect demo or sample app I could see? We use GP 8.0 & eConnect 8.0.4. And I have Visual Studio 2005 & 2003 available to me. ------=_NextPart_0001_2CAE9A49 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Unfortunately, the sample code is for other transaction types. Nothing available for misc logs at present. Depending upon what version you are looking at, the document sender may have some s...

Event ID: 11302
Have anyone seen this error from Event Viewer on Exchange Server 5.5 sp4? An error (0x800xxxxx) occurred while rendering a message for download on mailbox. I can't find it on the MS KB, this is what happened when remote users tried to logon. Thanks in advance. We have a fix for this. Please download the latest Post-SP4 version of store.exe. Although the article below does not discuss the problem you are having, the fix for your POP3/IMAP4 issue is included in the store.exe version below. 829418 XADM: Information Store Intermittently Stops Responding and an Access http://support.micro...

eConnect Class Rolldown
With eConnect on Vendor, Customer, and Item schemas, if you include fields (even if they don't have a value) they will not roll those fields from the Class. When there is a flag to roll information down from the class it should roll the informaiton down even if the field is in the xml file and doesn't have a value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Segment ID for sites
Could you plz explain in a plain way , why it is mandatory to specify the Segment ID for sites in the Inventory control before creating a new site? I just can not get it! Thanks Depending upon how SOP is set up, you could use Inventory or Sales to drive the accounts. If you're using Inventory, then the system can use the segment assigned to each site to override the segment value for Sales, COGS, and Inventory. Regardless of your intentions, you still have to select something. You can just select the main account segment if you're not going to use Inventory to overri...

Econnect failing after upgrade to 8.0.3
We had been using 8.0.0.0, but after talking with support about and issue.. we were told to upgrade to the newest version. Now I'm getting the below message and it finally erros out. Has anyone else had this problem? Please help The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "data source=172.16.21.209;initial catalog=ABC;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=False;packet size=4096". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:" MessageID:00078fb1-84de-4073-aa81-897804607b5c System.Data.SqlClient.SqlExcepti...

Control ID
How do you, programatically, get the ID of a control. Example an edit box. Something like... this->GetData(IDC.....) Thanks Hi, If you have the controls HWND or CWnd*, you can use GetWindowLong with GWL_ID as the index. Hope this helps Chris Taylor " JCO" <J.Oliviero@verizon.net> wrote in message news:yKp3b.15522$Jq1.5792@nwrddc03.gnilink.net... > How do you, programatically, get the ID of a control. Example an edit box. > Something like... > > this->GetData(IDC.....) > > Thanks > > Take a look at the GetDlgCtrlID() API. -- Cheers...

Charting Global Company results on a world map
Was wondering if anyone could advise on the existence of a chart or graphic that is a picture of the globe that allows you to update continents or countries with colours based on results eg. Europe = Green (above target) , North America = Red (below target), Asia = Amber (on target). ...

CI Service Event ID 4109
SBS 2003 Premium -- All Services Packs and Critical Updates. I am getting CI Service Event ID 4109: "Master merge was started on c:\system volume information\catalog.wci because more than 100000 documents have changed since the last master merge." System significantly slow. Any fixes. Thank you in advance. Hello, Thanks for your post. This kind of error usually occur when is there is anything wrong with Windows Indexing service or the catalog.wci file is corrupted. Catalog corruption commonly occurs due to unexpected system shutdowns or file contention is...

Event ID 1002 error -1811
I've read article 262374, and understand that this is an issue caused by antivirus renaming directory files. My problem is that I don't know which files to restore. Can anyone help? Thanks ...

Using Message ID
This is similar to an earlier posting, but hopefully is a bit clearer. I can establish a message's ID from File/Properties/Message ID within the message. I can copy the message ID and paste it to wherever I want, eg c=GB;a=BT;p=BT;l=I2***7-UKBR-************Z-122891 (I've munged it a bit and hope I'm not giving anything away by this) So what I do is to post these into my copy of meeting notes etc so that I can, hopefully, track resposes to action points etc. Question is how can I use the Message ID to find the message at a later date? Also if I wanted to link to a message is i...

Any eConnect enhancements in 2010?
Does anyone know if there is any eConnect enhancements in GP2010? I'd love to see some setup schemas besides just importing GL Accounts - like maybe TAXES! :) j ...

Exchange 2003 Event ID:9098 after SP1 installation
Hi all, I have this Event log Source: MSExchangeSA Category: Monitoring Type: Error Event ID: 9098 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x8000ffff'. and I can not find any patch to download. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks! Petr Petr Mares wrote: > I have this Event log > Source: MSExchangeSA > Category: Monitoring > Type: Error > Event ID: 9098 > > Description: > The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from > the DS, error '0x8000ffff'. > > and I ...

Resolving a name+email ID pair correctly, with a Ctrl+K
Hi, I am developing an HR app. The data of the contacts is in an Access 2000 database. Whenever I double-click on a contact, the Access 2000 app opens a draft email message in Outlook 2000 with the To... set to: FirstName LastName [EmailID] When I press Ctrl+K, this resolves correctly on my (development) PC to "FirstName LastName" with the email ID "tucked" under the underlined name as an SMTP address. The person "FirstName Lastname" is not part of my Outlook contacts. However, this behavior is not seen on the PCs of end users. After the Ctrl+K, the To...

CRM 3.0 and IE 8 causing Outlook client to prompt for network id/p
We use CRM 3.0's Outlook Client. We recently upgraded to IE 8. Ever since then, the users have been getting prompted for their network id/pwd when accessing CRM through Outlook. If they hit Cancel a few times, the page loads. The site is in Trusted Sites both as the IP and server name. They can access CRM through the web app with no log in prompts. Is this a bug or just a configuration issue? Thanks! make sure the Logon Settings is "Auto logon with current username and password" for Trusted Sites. If the problem still occurs, then you need to delete Temporary Inter...