eConnect Access Denied

I am trying to call the Com+ object in eConnect 8.0 from a 
windows forms application and I am getting an Access is 
Denied error. After the installation the COM+ object in 
component services is configured as activation 
type "Server Application", Impersonation Level -
 "Impersonate" and Account - a domain user who has SQL 
Server access and is a member of DYNGRP. 

If I change the activation type to "Library Application" 
it works, but then I can not use this with a web 
application that calls the eConnect 8.0 component. I need 
to configure the component in a way that it can be used 
both by a windows forms application and a web 
application.  

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thanks.
0
phristov (1)
12/21/2004 8:11:21 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1193 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

So with the activation level set to "Server Application" windows
applications run fine and web applications do not?
Try adding <identity impersonate="false"/> to your web.config file of your
web app.

-Ben

"Peter" <phristov@inphonic.com> wrote in message
news:159401c4e799$3d6fb4c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I am trying to call the Com+ object in eConnect 8.0 from a
> windows forms application and I am getting an Access is
> Denied error. After the installation the COM+ object in
> component services is configured as activation
> type "Server Application", Impersonation Level -
>  "Impersonate" and Account - a domain user who has SQL
> Server access and is a member of DYNGRP.
>
> If I change the activation type to "Library Application"
> it works, but then I can not use this with a web
> application that calls the eConnect 8.0 component. I need
> to configure the component in a way that it can be used
> both by a windows forms application and a web
> application.
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.


0
Ben
12/21/2004 8:27:11 PM
It's the other way around - when the activation level is 
set to "Server Application" the web applications run fine, 
but the Windows forms apps give an error - Access Denied.


>-----Original Message-----
>So with the activation level set to "Server Application" 
windows
>applications run fine and web applications do not?
>Try adding <identity impersonate="false"/> to your 
web.config file of your
>web app.
>
>-Ben
>
>"Peter" <phristov@inphonic.com> wrote in message
>news:159401c4e799$3d6fb4c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> I am trying to call the Com+ object in eConnect 8.0 
from a
>> windows forms application and I am getting an Access is
>> Denied error. After the installation the COM+ object in
>> component services is configured as activation
>> type "Server Application", Impersonation Level -
>>  "Impersonate" and Account - a domain user who has SQL
>> Server access and is a member of DYNGRP.
>>
>> If I change the activation type to "Library Application"
>> it works, but then I can not use this with a web
>> application that calls the eConnect 8.0 component. I 
need
>> to configure the component in a way that it can be used
>> both by a windows forms application and a web
>> application.
>>
>> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
12/22/2004 5:45:37 PM
Are you running the process as a user with the appropriate permissions?  I
use a domain admin account.

Where do you get the error?  When you call the EntryPoint function?  Could
you give me the exact error?

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:14b701c4e84e$0b6d44a0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> It's the other way around - when the activation level is
> set to "Server Application" the web applications run fine,
> but the Windows forms apps give an error - Access Denied.
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >So with the activation level set to "Server Application"
> windows
> >applications run fine and web applications do not?
> >Try adding <identity impersonate="false"/> to your
> web.config file of your
> >web app.
> >
> >-Ben
> >
> >"Peter" <phristov@inphonic.com> wrote in message
> >news:159401c4e799$3d6fb4c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >> I am trying to call the Com+ object in eConnect 8.0
> from a
> >> windows forms application and I am getting an Access is
> >> Denied error. After the installation the COM+ object in
> >> component services is configured as activation
> >> type "Server Application", Impersonation Level -
> >>  "Impersonate" and Account - a domain user who has SQL
> >> Server access and is a member of DYNGRP.
> >>
> >> If I change the activation type to "Library Application"
> >> it works, but then I can not use this with a web
> >> application that calls the eConnect 8.0 component. I
> need
> >> to configure the component in a way that it can be used
> >> both by a windows forms application and a web
> >> application.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
Ben
12/22/2004 8:13:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Importing Hyperlinks from Excel into Access
Is there an easy way to import Hyperlinks that are created in Excel into Access? I am creating an Access database and importing the data from excel into access - there are several hundred hyperlinks in the excel spreadsheet. When I import the spreadsheets, the link does not import properly. I have to edit every single hyperlink. Please tell me there is an easier way to do this! Thank you p.s. I am not familiar with VBA so I would need very specific guidance. ...

Stability issues with Vista/Access
I just got a new Vista PC last week and got to doing some "real" work on it this weekend. I am very disappointed with the compatibility issues that Access has. I am having more than the "normal" number of abends with A2003 running under Vista. The error reporting tool got a real workout over the weekend. MS probably got 30 error reports from me. It got so bad at one point that if I tried to view code for the form that kept corrupting, Access would just fade away - isn't Vista pretty? I would have preferred more people working on stability and compatibility ...

Do I need to reinstall Ms Access 2003?
When I open my database, then click on Queries>New>Simple Query Wizard, the "Simple Query Wizard" form appears with a Query selected in the Tables/Queries drop down box. "Available Fields" and "Selected Fields" are both empty. When I click on the "Tables/Queries" drop down to select a Table, I get the following message: "The expression On Got Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The text you entered isn't an item in the list." The cursor turns to an hour glass, and remains that wa...

How many "simultaneous users" can Access support?
1 - How many "simultaneous users" can Access support? 2 - Is the problem the backend computer resources or the Access code? 3 - Is there any tips for minimizing the potential issues? 4 - Other comments and tips welcome. (We run Access on a peer-to-peer network. Back End on a machine we call the Network Drive... but it is just running XP... now Windows Server.) Thanks for any help. Mel Mel wrote: > 1 - How many "simultaneous users" can Access support? The technical specification is 255. The ACTUAL limit is the number of users before problems occur and that will...

Access and CRM
I am having a problem with reports, can one use access to utilize the data from SQl to generate reports? If so Will customized fields be added to the report as well? Does anyone use Access with CRM, and for what reason? Hi You would need to be able to navigate through the metadata layer to get to the underlying data. I have given up on being able to use Access, but have successfully installed the Crystal Reports CRM Enhancement which allows me to query the database quite easily using Crystal. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >I am having a problem with reports...

Exchange Access Denied
after installing kb931978 back on 3/09/2007 we noticed the exchange brick level backup started failing on many items reporting access denied. we checked with the users and they are not able to access the items as well through outlook. so far it seems all the items that have this problem are from 2003 and from outside email address. many users also have older items that are still working. Not sure why the DST update would have had this affect or if it is even related. we ran a concistancy check on the store and tried taking owner ship of the mail box with another user and so far no...

Accessing Document class from CPropertySheet
How do I access the document from a Property Sheet/Property Page or Dialog? William, > How do I access the document from a Property Sheet/Property Page or Dialog? Pass document's pointer in your property sheet class's constructor. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ufVxpphgDHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I access the document from a Property Sheet/Property Page or Dialog? > > ...

Point-of-Sale Cashier Access Cards
I am interested in connecting with a company that can provide Point-of-Sale cashier access cards ... or, someone that can provide me with information about what I need to purchase (MSR Encoder); PVC cards; and software. ...

eConnect and EFT
I am trying to get an EFT record into the system via eConnect. I am using the taPMManualCheck XML. However, I get the error "The Payment Entry Type (PYENTTYP) is invalid - 0=Check, 1=Cash, 2=Credit Card". In previous questions I was told I can just set the PYENTTYP = 3 for EFT. Is there something else I need to set to make this work? Is something not set up to make this work? Thanks, Stanley ...

Access denied when creating ActiveX component
Hi all, a great 2010 for all. There was a change in our company in the way that the users are allowed to use the computers. Basically, some of us had admin rights and now they have been downgraded to Power Users. There is one app that uses an ActiveX EXE component which had been running smoothly in the IDE until the change. Now when I run the main app in the IDE I get a message box which informatively tells me: "Unexpected error; quitting" (Gee, I which I could do that!). Doing some research I found that this error happens when I try to instantiate the activeX EX...

Access 2000 to 2002 Export/Import
I have a split 2000 split database on my desktop. I saved the front and backend files on zip and loaded them on my laptop with 2002 Access. I entered the two files into a folder like on my desktop. I can view my Switchboard but cannot access any of the tables etc. I get the message 'read only' and another 'techy' message. Did I go through enougn steps? Hi Ed, You'll have to tell us what the messages actually said if anyone's to be much help. Meanwhile, check the following: 1) In My Computer, find the two files. Right-click on their icons, select Properties. M...

deleting relationships in access
I'm trying to delete a relationship in from tables and I can't seem to be able to do so, I'm very frustated have asked many others, without luck. Please if anyone is able to help. What's the problem you are encountering? If there is data in the tables you might not be able to delete. In that case you have to delete the many side of the relation first to be able to delete the relation. This brings me to the question why you want to delete the relationship in the first place.. -- Maurice Ausum "sassorclass333" wrote: > I'm trying to delete a relationsh...

Access 2007 ExportToPDF plugin
Hello everyone, When trying to export an Access report to PDF using the ExportToPDF plugin, the font size increases dramatically and half of the report (vertically) is cut off. This is corrected when the computer is restarted, but eventually it happens again. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a solution? Thank you! ...

Can't Access OWA 2003 from the Internet...
Hey, hoping someone can help me out here, I have a Windows Server 2003 box running Exchange Server 2003. I can access OWA from my intranet but can't get into it from the web, same situation with my registered web page. I have a public IP into a router w/firewall, what ports do I need to have FWD? What entries should I have in DNS in order access both OWA and my website?? I was able to successfully setup FTP access and access it from the web. Someone please shed some light, I'll be happy to provide additional information if need be. Thanks. - Firewall: You will need to open HTTPS...

Problem formatting data in text fields in Access Report
Hi, I'm working on making a custom report in Access and am having trouble formatting some numbers that are in text fields. The report was started with the report creating wizard and modified to meet customer requirements. Access used text fields to sum a few of the fields (i.e. Jan 07), but it won't let me decrease the decimals (the data looks like 155.5, but it should say 156). If you go into properties for the text field and go to the format tab, then select 0 decimal places, decimals still show up. What could be wrong? Thanks, Dave DaveA wrote: >I'm working on ...

Access coding advice needed
Hi I was wondering if I can get some other Access developer's opinions on the following. I am currently working on an intermediate project where I have been given most of the responsibility for coding. My project manager has a background in C++ and VB programming and he has very different ideas to me about how things should be done. He will draft up an outline of a function and then ask me to code it. When I have finished coding, I pass it back to him where he pretty much rewrites it using his own style (lots of classes, dynamic arrays and coding that I find extremely complicated to read...

what happens when you access an encrypted BE in 2007
when using an encrypted BE, does the whole Be become decrypted at logon, or is it only the data flowing in and out of it. In other words, is the Be vulnerable/decrypted if it is being accessed via a FE? thanks On Tue, 4 May 2010 12:14:02 -0700, salmonella <uwimdl@hotmail.com.dns> wrote: >when using an encrypted BE, does the whole Be become decrypted at logon, >or is it only the data flowing in and out of it. In other words, is the Be >vulnerable/decrypted if it is being accessed via a FE? > >thanks Only the data. The database does not become unencr...

Outlook Contacts in Outlook Web Access
Is it possible to have access to my Outlook 2003 client set of [personal] contacts while using Outlook Web Access when away from my office? If so, please point me to the proper configuration steps. Thanks! No - OWA will only reference your Exchange Contacts folder, not the = personal folders contacts folder. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, M asked: | Is it possible to have access to my Outlook 2003 client set of | [personal] contacts while using Outlook Web Access when away from my | office...

Loading MS Projects into an MS Access Database
Does anybody know if there is a standard table relationship matrix for MS Projects, that you load to Access? The intent is to load all project information into project dump to access and use word to generate taks descriptions, etc. Load it once and automate productoin of project documents!!! Thanks in advance. ...

Accessing CRM from the Outside
Hello all! Here's my issue: I want to access my CRM app from the outside my Network, through a private Internet connecion. I'm using an url like https://mydomain.com:5556, as I run my CRM server on SLL, port 5556. I don't have any certificate error, I'm sure of that. It works fine, I can access CRM, exept that I cannot view my reports list, neither access this page: Parameters->Organisation Parameters->System Parameters. I get an error: "An error occured, contact your Administrator." From the inside the network, everything works just fine, and my Window...

Accessing CRM
Hi All, I have a few doubts on CRM that need clarifications, and thought this might be the best place to express. What are all the alternatives we have in accessing CRM Server from the server itself. On a CRM installation with default settings, I know that we can access the server with the url: http://localhost:5555/. My question is, during the installation, do we have the option to opt out of this access method. There are some assemblies (like microsoft.crm.application.pages.dll) that need to be loaded in order to access CRM using the url mentioned above. But this assembly is missin...

exchange 2003 directory access tab grayed out
The directory access tab in exchange 2003 is grayed out. When i click on it it gives me error message Information about directory services could not be entirely obtained. Check to see the exchange management service is running.... any ideas? Might want to check out this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323915/en-us -- Lee Owens MCSE, A+ Check out my blog: http://leeowens337.blogspot.com "mcp" wrote: > The directory access tab in exchange 2003 is grayed out. When i click on it > it gives me error message > > Information about directory services ...

problem upgrading from access 2000 to access xp
We recently upgraded our computers to office xp from office 2000. All of our reports have changed from landscape to protrait and no longer work. Is there an easy way to fix this problem? We've tried exporting them from the old to the new, which worked for a few of our reports but not all of them. Please help! We rely on these reports for everything we do in our office and have no idea what to do. Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. To avoid this problem, disable Name AutoCorrect by following these steps: 1. On the Tools menu, c...

Convert Access 2003 to 2000
I have two very similar Access databases in the 2003 format. I must convert each to the 2000 format. One database converted without any difficulty. The other one gives me an error message: "The report name 'DirDataCopy' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report the doesn't exist". From what I find in a couple of forums, I am not the only one who has received the message. Can someone please point me to some kind of a solution? Or, at least give me some kind of idea as what to look for in my database? Using Access 2...

Remote email access suggestions
Running Exchange 2000. Our CEO is extremely computer illiterate, impatient and unfortunately works from home. The area where he lives has no broadband capabilities...DSL or Cable so he uses Earthlink dial up. Currently we have all his Exchange email being forwarded to his Earthlink pop3 account. I'm looking for a better way to do this (and a more secure way). We do have a Netscreen VPN but I'm thinking it's going to be too slow to use over dial up. Any suggestions? Oh, and he HATES OWA. On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:16:39 GMT, The other Mike <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: &...