eConnect 10.0 Install question

Hi,
I am in the process of upgrading our GP9.0 to GP10.0 in a test environment.
My question surrounds eConnect 10.0.

When I installed eConnect 9.0 on top of GP9.0 in the past, when I select
components to install for eConnect 9, it has an option to install the
Business Objects (which are stored procs from what I gathered in the docs).
And everything worked fine.

After I upgraded to GP10.0, and I launch the eConnect 10.0 installer, it
only give me an option to install the COM+ components, aka the eConnect
runtime (I'm using .NET integrations).
I changed my namespaces in my .NET code and the integrations work. But I
never installed the 10.0 Business Objects....

Am I correct in assuming that the GP10.0 install already installed the
stored procs required for eConnect?  So, I don't have to worry about the
Business Objects (stored procs) for eConnect 10.0 because they already exist
thanks to the GP10.0 installer?

Ok, thanks for your feedback!
-Sean
0
sheckyd (10)

Sean --

With GP 10.0 the eConnect stored procedures are installed as part of the
core install.  So, when you run Dynamic Utilities, the stored procedures are
installed.
--
Kirsten

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
Microsoft policy.

"sheckyd" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am in the process of upgrading our GP9.0 to GP10.0 in a test environment.
> My question surrounds eConnect 10.0.
>
> When I installed eConnect 9.0 on top of GP9.0 in the past, when I select
> components to install for eConnect 9, it has an option to install the
> Business Objects (which are stored procs from what I gathered in the docs).
> And everything worked fine.
>
> After I upgraded to GP10.0, and I launch the eConnect 10.0 installer, it
> only give me an option to install the COM+ components, aka the eConnect
> runtime (I'm using .NET integrations).
> I changed my namespaces in my .NET code and the integrations work. But I
> never installed the 10.0 Business Objects....
>
> Am I correct in assuming that the GP10.0 install already installed the
> stored procs required for eConnect?  So, I don't have to worry about the
> Business Objects (stored procs) for eConnect 10.0 because they already exist
> thanks to the GP10.0 installer?
>
> Ok, thanks for your feedback!
> -Sean
0
kschaff (17)
11/25/2008 7:34:11 PM
Thank you very much, that answers my question!

"Kirsten Schaff (MSFT)" wrote:

> Sean --
>
> With GP 10.0 the eConnect stored procedures are installed as part of the
> core install.  So, when you run Dynamic Utilities, the stored procedures are
> installed.
> --
> Kirsten
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
> Microsoft policy.
>

> "sheckyd" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am in the process of upgrading our GP9.0 to GP10.0 in a test environment.
> > My question surrounds eConnect 10.0.
> >
> > When I installed eConnect 9.0 on top of GP9.0 in the past, when I select
> > components to install for eConnect 9, it has an option to install the
> > Business Objects (which are stored procs from what I gathered in the docs).
> > And everything worked fine.
> >
> > After I upgraded to GP10.0, and I launch the eConnect 10.0 installer, it
> > only give me an option to install the COM+ components, aka the eConnect
> > runtime (I'm using .NET integrations).
> > I changed my namespaces in my .NET code and the integrations work. But I
> > never installed the 10.0 Business Objects....
> >
> > Am I correct in assuming that the GP10.0 install already installed the
> > stored procs required for eConnect?  So, I don't have to worry about the
> > Business Objects (stored procs) for eConnect 10.0 because they already exist
> > thanks to the GP10.0 installer?
> >
> > Ok, thanks for your feedback!
> > -Sean
0
sheckyd (10)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Vlookup returns "0"

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

attachment previewers not installed?

question about Time

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...