e-connect, division won't post to GP database

Hi, I am working on the last field we need to get working for our Great
Plains data transfer which is division.  The field name is called
DIVISIONCODE_I.  The field makes it to the xml file which econnect uses to
insert into the database for great plains but it doesn't make it to the table
and it isn't giving me an exception error.

The division codes i'm using are all set up in the great plains database.

Any help on this would be appreciated.  thank you
--
AHIhelp
0

AHIhelp:

I had the same issue on previous version of eConnect (if you are talking
about the DIVISIONCODE_I parameter in the taCreateEmployee) so I added post
procedure logic - it had something to do with the Payroll module for eConnect
being Payroll focused and not really any focus with HRP.  I talked to them
about it and they quickly added in the functionality for me so I no longer
had to use  a post procedure to fill that value - I simply called the
taCreateEmployee and supplied that value and I was good to go.  They added
this functionality in the 8.0.2.25 hot fix for me as well as it was added to
7.5 for the 7.5.3.13 release - you did not indicate what release you were on
7.5 or 8.0 so I figured I would tell you each one it was added too.  I
obtained the "hot fix" rom support so I would just contact them and they
should be able to get you one of these two versions and take care of your
Division Code.

Hope that helps,

JG

"AHIhelp" wrote:

> Hi, I am working on the last field we need to get working for our Great
> Plains data transfer which is division.  The field name is called
> DIVISIONCODE_I.  The field makes it to the xml file which econnect uses to
> insert into the database for great plains but it doesn't make it to the table
> and it isn't giving me an exception error.
>
> The division codes i'm using are all set up in the great plains database.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.  thank you
> --
> AHIhelp
0
jg (155)

Transferring e-mails with an ISP different at Outlook.
I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, I would like to transfer part of the messages from one account to another, is nearly at 85% full. I have tried with Reply and Forward selecting several messages but it allows me only one by one. I have around 950 messages.What can I do.Thank you in advance! -- In news:B1CFBA36-83C4-4DBC-98FC-05E26881ACB4@microsoft.com, jessy <jessy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, You mean, you have two different Yahoo e-mail accounts, which you check in Outlook? > I wou...

Appointment times won't post correctly
On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time of the appointment. Is there a setting that will correct this? I've exhausted myself trying to find a fix. Outlook 2003 There is a seperate calendar time zone setting that has to be set in addition to your system clock. Pain in the ass. Go to Options and then select Calendar. You should see the Time Zone button there. Set it accordingly, but be aware that everything in your calendar up to that point will change. "Keith Wilso...

Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I noticed that is was returning a random amount of errors on each run. Does any know if It is the case that this database is beyond repair? If so will the best approach be to revert back to a non corrupt database backup and then roll forward using Transaction Lo...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Exchange database folder
Hi! I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:". How could move all on drive "e:" ? Thanks Antonio Grasso Hi Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties -> -> Database TAB Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another location then The operatio...

XML as a database that can be written to
Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, but also written to? What features are available in .NET to do this? I need to do all of this from a Web based application. Am I thinking File System Object? Thanks. mjc wrote: > Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, > but also written to? That's doable, but you better use real database instead. XML wasn't meant to be used as a database, it's just a data format. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com Yes, it can be done and I think its an id...

E-mail error?
Recently my email ceased sending/receiving. The program has started asking me to enter in my username and password each time I try to send/receive (it never did that before); however, the log-in window just reappears after I click 'Ok'. I'm fairly certain I am entering the correct information -- it isn't telling me that I'm not. If I click cancel, I then receive an error message that says: Account: 'Shaw Email (smckelly)', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Por...

RDC Connection
I have one laptop running Windows XP Home SP2 and one desktop running Windows XP Home SP2 and am trying use remote desktop to access each computer from the other. However, I keep getting the error "This computer can't connect to the remote computer." I have looked for answers everywhere with no successful solutions....Help!!! K. Curtis I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think XP Home supports RDC. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutons LLC Melbourne, FL Hi Kala, You can not remote desktop into a Windows XP Home system. You will need to upgrade to Windows XP Professiona...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

Unable to Send/Recv When Connected to Pub Wireless or DSL
I am unable to send or receieve emails using Outlook when I connect to the Internet using the public library Wireless network, or connect to the Internet using a friends DSL or High Speed Cable connection. Seems I am only able to send and receive when I connect by modem at home. Is there a configuration issue I am not aware of that I can modify to allow me to send and receive when I am not at home on dial-up? Thanks in Advance. I believe because you have outgoing and incoming settings on your home email account (when you set it up) and also because it looks for the IP address is wh...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser
ReportServer ReportServerTempDB Question : How to clear this problem? The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Cause There are two causes for this error: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the specified server. Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Solution One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for Microsoft SQL Server Repor...

Windows 7 and Dynamics GP 10 SP1
We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1. We have many users that want to upgrade to Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics. Does anyone know of a way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine? I was told there is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack. Thanks GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new insta...

connect to simple COM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable is there a simple example on C or CPP or MFC how i can connect to simple = COM that has one interface and some methods with their arguments thank you Dani ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...

Track e-mails.
Hey, anyone out there know how to extract emails addresses from different e-mails. Any freeware/shareware programs that will do this or even possibly track where my e-mails end up. Cheers, Sketcher. "if you want to view paradise; simply look around and view it, any thing you want to do; do it, there's nothing to it" !!? ...

3000+ Connections on Exchange Server
Looking further into my Exchange Server 5.5 problems, I checked POP3 access using telnet and that was fine, so I then checked SMTP. It returns a 421 EXCHSRVR connection limit reached message. Ran NETSTAT -an on the EXCHSRVR and redirected the output to a TXT file. The file was over 200KB in length and contained over 3000 connections. Now, I'm not entirely sure what ones I should see and what ones are extra. Can anyone give me some ideas of what I should be seeing in the way of connections on my mail server? yes, that sounds excessive. you can turn on SMTP Protocol Logging (to Me...

Accessing Outlook data from database or programatically from ASP.NET
Hi all! I'm not sure whether I post this in the correct group but nevertheless, here is my problem: I would like to manipulate Outlook data (tasks, contacts, calendar, etc.) programatically from an ASP.NET apllication, more precisely I would like to be able to add and change contacts and enter events to calendar in the Outlook from a web application. Now, the logical way seemed to be to link from an MS Access database to objects within Outlook and then to access those tables from within my ASP.NET code. However, I've noticed something strange: for example, the linked table &qu...

rudimentary database form maybe?
Several times a week i have a group of students penning out forms - i then spend the afternoon typing them all into a spreadsheet or a word table which i can use as a rudimentary database I'm looking for a method of using an electronic form for the students to complete directly My problem is that several students will be completing their own form/record/row simultaneously on several different (networked) computers and need these to appear as seperate records/rows I can't use Access since the company don't have it installed - but i don't mind using Word table or Excel s...

Why became my database file 5 times larger in Access 2007?
I have a database in Access 2000 file format witch I have developed for several years. The filesize is 4,9 MB. When I resently moved this file to my new notebook with Windows Vista and Access 2007, and filled it with with a certain amount if information (not that much, there was allredy some ground information written to it), I notized the file size had grown to 26,8 MB, more than 5 times larger. I have allso another copy of the same database on my notebook, witch I only have opened a couple of times and not written much to. This file has not grown at all. Anyone who knows what this is ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do we send mass e-mails from CRM 3.0?
Hello Everyone, Can someone please walk me through how to send mass e-mails to our client base? We currently export a file to Excel and e-mail outside of CRM. Please tell me there's an easier way to e-mail from within CRM!! We will most likely always have attachments (PDF) that will needed to be included as well, does that pose a problem? I appreciate our assistance! Thanks Tiffany Here is a good starting point http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/marketing/emailmarketing.mspx ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.co...

Excel connectivity.
If I have a number of 3rd party products which I would like to send data to from my XL application, what methods would I use? I know each product is different, but if I could influence the author of those products to add certain functionality so that I can use my XL app to communicate data to these products, what method would be the best? -- Julian Milano | (To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address) | First thing I'd ask is if they can read an excel file directly--maybe even ask if they can show a list of worksheets and prompt me for a range. If that's too much, I'...