Dynamics Workflow windows in Dynamics

Hi there

I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10  successfully.  I
have created a simple Purchase Order workflow.  I have clicked the Activate
Workflow button in this company.  However when the users capture a Purchase
Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase
Order window e.g. Submit etc.  I have logged out and back in again.

What am I missing?

Regards
Robin
0
Robinv (41)

The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007
(Enterprise Edition).  Not a trivial thing.

"Robinv" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10  successfully.  I
> have created a simple Purchase Order workflow.  I have clicked the Activate
> Workflow button in this company.  However when the users capture a Purchase
> Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase
> Order window e.g. Submit etc.  I have logged out and back in again.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards
> Robin
0
SteveChapman (349)
10/10/2008 3:34:01 PM
Hi there Steve

Thanks for responding.  I have installed MOSS 2007 successfully. I have also
managed to create a Purchase Order Workflow on the Workflow website
successfully.  The problem I am encountering is that the "modified" purchase
order window within Dynamics is not displaying showing the workflow
components.

Regards
Robin

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007
> (Enterprise Edition).  Not a trivial thing.
>
> "Robinv" wrote:
>
> > Hi there
> >
> > I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10  successfully.  I
> > have created a simple Purchase Order workflow.  I have clicked the Activate
> > Workflow button in this company.  However when the users capture a Purchase
> > Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase
> > Order window e.g. Submit etc.  I have logged out and back in again.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > Regards
> > Robin
0
Robinv (41)
10/11/2008 7:15:00 AM
I didn't see anyone give you a response to your question so i'll give it a
shot.

The issue is that you have to tell dex/dynamics that you want this to work
with the modified window.  So given the line in your dynamics.exe.config
file:

<add name="Workflow-POP_PO_Entry/POP_PO_Entry" productId="0" formId="829"
windowId="1"
factoryType="Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.WorkflowFormFactory,Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.Client,Version=10.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
/>

If I recall, i believe the deal is that you have to tell it that you want to
look at the "modified" version by adjusting it thusly:

<add name="Workflow-POP_PO_Entry/POP_PO_Entry" productId="0" formId="829"
windowId="1" modified="true"
factoryType="Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.WorkflowFormFactory,Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.Client,Version=10.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
/>

I believe that is the solution but don't have a working version at the
moment to test with.

patrick
dev support

"Robinv" <Robinv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there Steve
>
> Thanks for responding.  I have installed MOSS 2007 successfully. I have
> also
> managed to create a Purchase Order Workflow on the Workflow website
> successfully.  The problem I am encountering is that the "modified"
> purchase
> order window within Dynamics is not displaying showing the workflow
> components.
>
> Regards
> Robin
>
> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
>> The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007
>> (Enterprise Edition).  Not a trivial thing.
>>
>> "Robinv" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi there
>> >
>> > I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10
>> > successfully.  I
>> > have created a simple Purchase Order workflow.  I have clicked the
>> > Activate
>> > Workflow button in this company.  However when the users capture a
>> > Purchase
>> > Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the
>> > Purchase
>> > Order window e.g. Submit etc.  I have logged out and back in again.
>> >
>> > What am I missing?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Robin

0
prot1 (1345)
10/23/2008 2:13:43 AM
Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your solution. Actually I was facing the same problem. I
followed your method to correct it. It corrected. Now the problem is I could
able to see only "Submit for Approval" button, but not Message Menu Bar and
Workflow history pane. What might be the wrong? Could you help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I didn't see anyone give you a response to your question so i'll give it a
> shot.
>
> The issue is that you have to tell dex/dynamics that you want this to work
> with the modified window.  So given the line in your dynamics.exe.config
> file:
>
> <add name="Workflow-POP_PO_Entry/POP_PO_Entry" productId="0" formId="829"
> windowId="1"
> factoryType="Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.WorkflowFormFactory,Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.Client,Version=10.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
> />
>
> If I recall, i believe the deal is that you have to tell it that you want to
> look at the "modified" version by adjusting it thusly:
>
> <add name="Workflow-POP_PO_Entry/POP_PO_Entry" productId="0" formId="829"
> windowId="1" modified="true"
> factoryType="Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.WorkflowFormFactory,Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.Client,Version=10.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
> />
>
> I believe that is the solution but don't have a working version at the
> moment to test with.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Robinv" <Robinv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there Steve
> >
> > Thanks for responding.  I have installed MOSS 2007 successfully. I have
> > also
> > managed to create a Purchase Order Workflow on the Workflow website
> > successfully.  The problem I am encountering is that the "modified"
> > purchase
> > order window within Dynamics is not displaying showing the workflow
> > components.
> >
> > Regards
> > Robin
> >
> > "Steve Chapman" wrote:
> >
> >> The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007
> >> (Enterprise Edition).  Not a trivial thing.

0
Vijay1 (49)

Dynamic series in Chart
Guys, I have a spreadsheet with timestamps on col A, then Col B contains the values correspond to timestamps in ColA (Col C thru Col M are similar to Col B as well). I am trying to build a chart in function of time (meaning Values for the X axis would be B2..M2, and Y axis would be B3..M3 for the 1 series, then B3..M3 for the values in x-axis, and B4..M4 for Y axis, so on...). Number of rows is subject to change (time stamp entries), and I am only interested for the last 21 entries (if there is less than 21 entries, plot them all, otherwise, only plot the last 21 entries). For ...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Dynamic Address List
Hello! We need to configure dynamic address list on Exchange server, based on certain criteria defined by our client. What we need is to generate addresses lists based on personal information obtained from AD user accounts, like country, department and so on. Our client wants that these lists show up on Outlook when a user wanted to look for a user on a specific country or department, for example. How could we configure these type of lists? Thanks! In news:52294EEE-98C1-49AE-827E-049512F8682A@microsoft.com, gsuazo <germans@segacorp.com> typed: > Hello! > > We need t...

How do I STOP outlook from opening a New Explorer window on every
When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them I agree with Ken. Is there a way to do right click on a link and select "Copy Shortcut" instead of clicking the link to open a new window? Thanks, Ruf Ken in AB <Ken in AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer > Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? > > This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them In IE, click Tools>Internet Optio...

Workflow Email
I have a workflow created (v3) that sends an email at a certain date. CRM sends the email from the entity owner. I would like the email to be from a more generic email address (ie generalsupport@xxx.com). Is there a way to do this? It could be a constant for every email in the worklfow. There seem to be no controls on the FROM aspect of the email. Thanks Heather ...

WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue
I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows. Now, my CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job. Can I just disable powersave or is there an option for always online? Thank you Tony Lisanti You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer. If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download the documentation @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...

Reminders Window Does Not Show Tasks
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 for a while and all has been well. I just synchronized with my Palm and all of my Tasks are still in the folder and I can interact with them fine, but they do not show up in the reminders window. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the "backup" tasks folder that PocketMirror creates. In any case, I do not have HotSync or any Palm or PocketMirror software running on my computer now. The issue is with Outlook -- how can I get the tasks to show in the Reminders Window? Thanks, Tony I removed the Tasks folder created by Po...

Dynamics GP Web Service Installation Fatal Error
We have installed Microsoft Great Plains 10.0 on a Windows 2003 32bit Server with SP2 which is backed by another server which has a SQL Server 2005 installed on Windows 2003 64bit with SP2. The Great Plains client is working properly over the network. All installation has proceeded very smoothly. However when we try to install Great Plains web services after requesting all the information the installation starts but at reaching about 99% on the scroller shown the whole installation rolls back. The installers exits with a Fatal Error message and the service event log shows error Event Type: ...

What are the Windows Messages when the user logs in?
Hi, I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are the Windows Messages that will be posted when the user logs in. I had already tried to enumerate the windows messages from my application, but no luck. Is there any unique message that the windows posts to all the applications, when the user logs in. Thanks & Regards, YASH YASH wrote: > Hi, > I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to > do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are th...

Dynamic Range???
Dear All Can anyone explain to me in details and in simple layman terms on how this formula =OFFSET('1'!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA('1'!$A:$A),COUNTA('1'!$1:$1)) works? I asked previously how I can have a dynamic range and one kind soul provided me with this formula but I have no idea how it works. For example, I have a worksheet named TOTAL and another worksheet named APN. The data in APN is extracted from a CSV file and has links with it so the data will be refreshed everytime I refresh it. The purpose of TOTAL is for me to copy a column of data (Phone No) from APN to TOTAL....

Open in New Window from Navigation Pane
Right clicking on Calendar button, selecting "open in new window" I am unable to set the new window to open maximized or at least fill the screen. Many attempts at closing the window to save settings; shift + X, space bar + close, etc yield no results. New window currently opens so small as to be unreadable. -- John Set the main Outlook window to it's prefered size in Normal size and use CTRL+X to force the save of the windowsize. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slips...

Upgrading windows 2000 CRM server to windows 2003 server
Does any know of a procedure or KB article that covers this. Thanks Ken There isn't anything special about this process as a result of CRM. You are talking about a std server upgrade. Be sure to have good backups though prior to starting so that you can roll-back if needed. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 06:47:05 -0700, kfoster@pfeinc.com <kfosterpfeinccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Does any know of a procedure or KB article that covers this. Thanks Ken One other thin...

What's about Windows Vista?
<A href="/group/wwe-fans-on-google/subscribe?hl=en">Join us!</A> ...

Displaying dynamic range values??
I have selected a dynamic range that is defined similar to Values = offset(a1:150,index_1,index_2,15,1). I want to display the numbers saved in the Values range. I can get them to display, but when they do they only appear in the cooresponding row that is looked up. How can I show the values of the range, where no matter the first value of it, it will show up in a defined cell? Basically, I want the numbers stored in the Values range to display in a1:a15 no matter what the vertical offset is. If this makes sense thanks, if not I will attempt to clarify. -- rpp114 ----------------------...