Dynamics will not start after login #2

I have applied Service Pack 7 to a GP 7.5 installation.  I ran the
special upgrade on all databases.  I then Launch Great Plains.  It
appears to login successfully since I am prompted to add new code.

Once I click Yes, the Dynamics screen disappears.  When I look at
processes on the task manager during login, dynamics.exe is running
then it disappears.  No error messages.  It's weird.

Anyone seen this before?  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

0
travers99 (3)

Hi

Have you logged on as the local admin on the workstation? It is minimized
onto the windows taskbar?

Turn off you Anti virus software
Maybe worth running anti spyware apps to see if you have any spyware on your
workstation.

It may be taking it time to up your mod forms and report if they are located
on the network .

Regards

James

"Tom" <travers99@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have applied Service Pack 7 to a GP 7.5 installation.  I ran the
> special upgrade on all databases.  I then Launch Great Plains.  It
> appears to login successfully since I am prompted to add new code.
>
> Once I click Yes, the Dynamics screen disappears.  When I look at
> processes on the task manager during login, dynamics.exe is running
> then it disappears.  No error messages.  It's weird.
>
> Anyone seen this before?  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

I will try the antispyware and turning off anti virus. I checked to see
if it minimized, but I can't see it.   BTW, this is actually on the
server.

Thanks

0
travers99 (3)

Impossible
Hi, I have a table of 23 rows (products) and 30 columns (date) which plots sales of different items against the date against which they were sold. Not all products are sold every month. Using macros I can create the table that will summarise the sales per day in a particular month for any items that were sold, deleting all empty days and product lines. So my table can be anywhere from a 1x23 to a 23x30. I would like to create a dynamic chart that will plot the date on x-axis against the sales per day on the y-axis WITH THE LEGEND SHOWING WHICH PRODUCTS WERE MANUFACTURED. As the chart ...

Money2004 keep crashing on startup #2
just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? Please see reply on your identical thread of yesterday. "pk" <1@1.com> wrote in message news:eSVUvTPhDHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. > Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. > > with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" > > a...

Excel Startup Error
Box was all ready unchecked. Tried checking it / saving, then uncheck save to make sure -- still have same issue. Thanks -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 a couple of other things 1) Do you have an overactive virus scanner? (It will normally say virus scanning on the status bar) 2) Do you have journalling set up in Outlook? 3) Try renaming a file called Excel.xlb (Maybe hid...

exchange 2k3 ssl+fba fails vs no ssl login ok
good morning i am in trouble !! i have reset the exchange 2k3 strucuture in iis and now this is the situation : if i enforce ssl, opening https://myserver/exchange goes to the standard login page but the credentials are not accepted withou ssl, i get a standard browser pop for credentials and the login is validated how can i fix this ? thank you Pedro Leite From Portugal With SBS 2003 its best to let the CEICW setup OWA etc. and not try to do it manually. "Pedro M. Leite" <pleite@cimbo.com> wrote in message news:O4yc5LzXHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > good mornin...

Beautifying Excel #2
I have created an application which outputs it's information into Excel so the client can manipulate the information easily. However, they've moved the goalposts a bit and now want it to 'look cool'. I usually work with websites so that usually wouldn't be a problem. However, could anyone point me in the direction of any resources on making Excel ... erm ... sexy! I appreciate that I can probably change the fonts and colours, maybe include graphs and images here and there, but I wondered if there were any galleries anywhere of good examples. Specifically he wants an interf...

close dynamics after macro
Hi A tool similar to autodim.exe, which would close down dynamics.exe after a macro has been completed would be nice. autodim.exe requires you to run an integration which we don't want to do. This would enable us to schedule a task which takes some time (eg cashbook batch posting in v8) for overnight. Thanks Graham ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

PST files will not open
PST file will not open after exporting from OutlookXP and Exchange 5.5 and trying to Import to OutlookXP and Exchange 2003. (although others have came across just fine, just 1 .pst file I am having trouble with!) I have successfully setup outlook and Exchange 2003, just cannot import one file! I exported all mail from exchange to each persons seperate .pst file, then made a CDR to move to the new server. Copied Mail files to Desktop and made sure it was NOT IN READ ONLY! All worked fine except one! PST file size is only 26mb I go to Import from another Program or file then sele...

working with multiple worksheets #2
I would like to collect data from one specific cell (cell E3) in 90 worksheets and have this data placed in one column from 1-90 on one single worksheet. Is there a way to do this without doing it one by one? Hi! Are you using the default sheet names? (probably not, huh?) If there is some common sequence in the sheet names then a formula could probably be crafted to do this. Biff "Shaun" <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8CEFE1A-1B25-41F9-B72F-103CB6AF476D@microsoft.com... >I would like to collect data from one specific cell (cell E3) in 90 &g...

View 2 workbooks to compare
I have excel 2000 SR-1 I would like to view worksheets from 2 different workbooks at the same time to compare informatin, is that possible with this version? Thanks Yes, with one file open you can do File | Open and select the second file. Then use Window | Arrange | Vertical to see the two files side- by-side. Each window is independent of the other one, so you can select different sheets to view etc. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 17, 10:00=A0pm, Donna <do...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have excel 2000 =A0SR-1 > I would like to view worksheets from 2 different workb...

Office 2004 SP 2 update crashes with Tiger 10.4.2 on Powerbook #2
Downloading the SP2 update for Office 2004, it locks up as soon as launch is attempted, both through Microsoft update and by downloading the file from the Microsoft site. The 11.2.0 update program ceizes to function but the logo remains in the dock even after forced shutdown. Anyone else with the similar problems? ...

Office Smart Tag Manager #2
I'm trying to install the server part of the OSTM, but it's telling me it won't install because either SQL Server or GP 10 is not installed. They both are, and are both to the latest service packs. Any ideas? I looked at the log created when starting the OSTM install, and it gives me this for the Great Plains part: (02) STR IsGPSInstalledHere, Line: 30 (02) END IsGPSInstalledHere, Line: 63 (02) STR BOOLToString, Line: 14 (02) END BOOLToString, Line: 24 (01) MSG Name = Microsoft Great Plains (01) MSG Installed= FA...

Macro
Ok Im a bit stumped. I am building a work book that data on a shee called worksheet is changed every day. Certain parts of that data nee to go to a sheet called Feb (and the rest of the months as each da comes by) Problem is I will need to do 356 macros and buttons t accomplish this. But I know there has to be an easier way. Right no the macro is: Sub Move1() ' ' Move1 Macro Sheets("WorkSheet").Select Range("D10:D205").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Feb").Select Range("C10").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone SkipBlan...

Strange Problem #2
A few months ago I reported in this forum, that every time I would enter the Payee name Arco (which was in my list of payees) Money would crash, sending of an error report to Microsoft. The only way I could get around that was to delete the Payee Arco and create a payee Arco Gas. Well now money does not like my payee Lowe's Hardware. When ever I use Lowe's Hardware, Money crashes, sending of an error report to Microsoft. Has anyone else had this problem. I know Microsoft knows about this (since they have received a multitude of error reports from me) but I have learned to never...

dpm 2010 beta, creates eval DB.. will this convert to dpmdb.mdf rt
I have upgraded our dpm 2007 sp1 instance to dpm 2010 beta, to see if it actually eases some issues i've been having.. but in doing so, on install, i noted it created a db ~eval***.mdf etc.. Will this get renamed automatically when i upgrade to the RTM version of 2010, or will i have to uninstall everything and start from scratch? Thanks This will not be a problem when final upgrade happens to RTM, the eval DB will be copied and renamed under a licensed SQL Instance. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

remove "getting started" from excel 2003
Hi all. Whenever i open excel 2003, i could see the "getting started" box on the right side of excel application. How do i remove it permanently? I have another question. When i open 1 of my excel document there is a green triangle on every cell of 1 column. How can i remove the green triangles? Thks in advance. Both can be resolved from the Tools>Options dialog box. On the View tab, uncheck Startup Task Pane in the "Show" section On the Error Checking tab, uncheck the Enable background error checkin in the "Settings" section. note: the green triangle...

Access application will not work on XP
I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 computer. I have buttons that link open up certain folders when pressed. When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the links do not work. Any ideas why? Thanks, Jasper It just does nothing! Jasper "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FEBBBC2-A555-48E0-B4B4-8B11E3E1E94C@microsoft.com... > Jasper, > > do you get any messages when trying to open them or is it just not doing > anything? > > > -- > Maur...

Expression comparing fields from 2 forms
Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one from the main form and one from a subform? The following is not working =[VehiclesDayMiles:Opening MilesT]-[VehiclesDayMilesLastByGroupQ: LastOfClosing Miles] Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:29:44 GMT, "quinto via AccessMonster.com" <u35571@uwe> wrote: >Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one >from the main form and one from a subform? The fo...

2 workstations merge into one
I have been working at two different workstations and have info in the profiles folder, outlook.pst, and other stuff, is there a way to merge the files from the different computers together or I am going to have to go piece by piece of info to save to my permamnent workstation? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for information on Outlook files and then decide which ones you need and which you don't. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message threa...

ver.2.
How much does ver.2 cost? Can anyone supply it? dexter You can buy it from any certified RMS Reseller. The price varies based on where in teh world you are. In US the end use price is about US$1,400. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "dexter" <dexter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EBE0032-194E-488F-9232-A991D3586155@microsoft.com... > How much does ver.2 cost? Can anyone supply it? > > dexter ...

Get registered for the new community at https://community.dynamics
Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics Community pages located at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community, moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are making this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all Microsoft Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you see them today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to access them will be different. Plus you’ll see more streamlined content and future func...

CTabCtrl Problem #2
I am using a Tabed interface in my application. While user removing one tab manually, My application have a option for the next selected tab (Adjucent Right or Left). This is working fine for me. In one case, the number of tabs are more than the number of tabs can show in a window, user scroll to the last tab bar and try to close the tab starting from last one. According to the setting (Adjucent Left) my application select the tab adjucent left to the one closed. The code looks like if(m_tabctrl.GetItemCount() > 0) { if(index - 1 >= 0) index--; m_tabctrl.SetCurSel(index); /...

Autofilter in protected worksheet #2
Hi everyone, Does anybody know how to have a working autofilter in a protected worksheet? I work with Excel 2000 Thanks in advance Gustavo Hi not sure but I think enabling Autofilter for protected sheets was introduced with Excel 2002. In your case you have to unprotect the worksheet prior to this (within a macro). See: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gustavo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1358a01c443f4$313080c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > Does anybody know h...

Country Codes #2
I can't for the life of me find the GP menu item that maintains the codes. Can anyone point me to it? Open the Country Code Maintenance window. (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Country Codes) The Country Code Maintenance window will be available only if you have marked to enable Intrastat tracking in the Company Setup Options window. See Help for more info -- Elisabeth "Ken Denman" wrote: > I can't for the life of me find the GP menu item that maintains the codes. > Can anyone point me to it? If you don't have Intrastat Tracking turned on ...

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

How do you preset the fields of a newly created mail folder? #2
Hello, Each time I create a new mail folder, the defaults fields are "from", "subject" and "received". I have no problem with the other two, but I'd rather have the "sent" field shown than the "received" field, as "sent" is more reflective of when the sender sent it, especially when there is significant backlog in the network causing substantial delay. Besides the "sent" field is also a default field shown when you print out an e-mail in Outlook, making "sent" an easier parameter when locating an e-mail based ...