Dynamics GP 9.0 Calculation of IRS maximum allowed 401K contributi

We have two 401K deduction codes set-up in Dynamics GP 9.0 Payroll - one
deduction is for "company matching" contributions, and one is for "no-match"
contributions.  We need the two deductions codes for 401K to max out at the
IRS maximum allowable amount in a calendar year.  In the current set-up, and
due to different pay rates and employee contribution percentages, we have
employees that are exceeding the annual limit established by the IRS because
the maximum deduction field on the GP deduction set-up window cannot be
combined for the two deductions.

Is there a way we can set these deductions up so that the system will
calculate the maximum allowable contribution for both deduction codes
(combined) for a calendar year?
0
AndySharp (1)

No, GP won't look at multiple codes for a combined amount.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Andy Sharp" wrote:

> We have two 401K deduction codes set-up in Dynamics GP 9.0 Payroll - one
> deduction is for "company matching" contributions, and one is for "no-match"
> contributions.  We need the two deductions codes for 401K to max out at the
> IRS maximum allowable amount in a calendar year.  In the current set-up, and
> due to different pay rates and employee contribution percentages, we have
> employees that are exceeding the annual limit established by the IRS because
> the maximum deduction field on the GP deduction set-up window cannot be
> combined for the two deductions.
>
> Is there a way we can set these deductions up so that the system will
> calculate the maximum allowable contribution for both deduction codes
> (combined) for a calendar year?
0
callen (2505)
2/2/2007 5:02:00 AM
I assume you have a match, but only up to a certain amount, so you base the
match on a per cent of the deduction. Is that correct?

If that is the case, you can set it up with only one deduction.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> No, GP won't look at multiple codes for a combined amount.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Andy Sharp" wrote:
>
> > We have two 401K deduction codes set-up in Dynamics GP 9.0 Payroll - one
> > deduction is for "company matching" contributions, and one is for "no-match"
> > contributions.  We need the two deductions codes for 401K to max out at the
> > IRS maximum allowable amount in a calendar year.  In the current set-up, and
> > due to different pay rates and employee contribution percentages, we have
> > employees that are exceeding the annual limit established by the IRS because
> > the maximum deduction field on the GP deduction set-up window cannot be
> > combined for the two deductions.
> >
> > Is there a way we can set these deductions up so that the system will
> > calculate the maximum allowable contribution for both deduction codes
> > (combined) for a calendar year?
0
BobHarrison (192)

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

Iterative Calculation help needed
I have the following information A1 - Balance at the beginning of calculation A2 - Annualized payment A3 - Interest rate divided by # of payments per year A4 - Number of years * # of payments per year I'm trying to calulate the total ((A1-A2)*(1+A3)) - I need to do this over and over up until I've don it A4 times. I can do it for each period but I want to do it all in one cell, i possible. How can I have it plug the new number into A1 and repeat th calculation A4 times. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there You might find that the PMT function coul...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

Comments on Manual Calculation on certain sheets.
I have a sheet in a workbook with array functions that slows down performance with calculation on automatic (which I need for the other sheets). Would it not have been useful to be able to set a single sheet to Manual and update when needed in the same way Pivot Tables work? One way to work around this is to save the Array Formula sheet in another workbook. I have browsed some of the posts on Excel's way of handling Automatic/Manual recalculation and it seems as if there is room for improvement or are there important reasons that I am not aware of? Any comments. Laurence Lombard Hi ...

If my GP Dynamics support CPA's new cheque standard
Hi; I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Management module installed. How can I know if my current version support the CPA's new cheque standard? The CPA's new cheque standard will be launched in July 2007. -- Kane Kane, Support for the new cheque format has nothing to do with the Payables module. Rather, it is a function of modifications or changes to the report that produces your cheque. Lyle On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:06:01 -0700, Kane <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; > >I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Managem...

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

A/R
Allow the ability to refund to a credit card ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=407d3a67-581a-4ea1-91f3-cd2186c25a89&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

About FRx 6.7 for Great Plains 8.0
"Table Failed to Open" has been prompted after generating the report even I was using the sample provided. How could it be solved? Hi Alexis, This sounds like a connection problem with your database(s), maybe both the samples andd/or your live GP data. Are you able to quickly perform a "dump" of the chart of accounts in a new row format. Steps = New Row Format >> Edit >> Add Rows from chart of accounts You may also want to check your settings under: Company >> Information and confirm that your ODBC settings are correct ( or pervasive if you are ...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Quickbooks to GP
I am looking for the Quickbooks to GP Migration tool. Does it exist? Is it just using IM? Please help. -- TC TC, According to Microsoft's latest marketing campaign to move QB users to the Dynamics platform, they will be providing the means (as in tools) to easily migrate from one platform to another. http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics/asmartmove/default.mspx Until that happens, I believe your best bets are Integration Manager and eConnect. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "TC" wrot...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Automatic calculation
Hi I have a workbook that takes an eternity to calculate and therefore, have the calculation mode set to manual. I would like the calculation mode set to Automatic when the workbook is deactivated or closed, but do not want the workbook to be calculated when this happens. Is that at all possible? Thanks in advance Ben You could use workbook events that fire when the workbook is activated/deactivated. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of File|Edit|...) on the menubar. Select view code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Applica...

GP Error....
All, Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find anything: "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through SQL Returned the following results: DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP;." Jamal try to recreate the stored procedure and see if this resolves the error "Jamal" <jma@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:ubhstc%236HHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > All, > Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find > anything: > "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass ...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

=(F23+F25+F27+F29)/F33 gives me an error #DIV/0! How do I get ri.
Help please. genelavine@advancedbusinessconsultants.com Try this......... =IF(F33<>0,(F23+F25+F27+F29)/F33,"") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jetpilot1" <jetpilot1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3900E06-BE91-4491-99C5-04871D9069F0@microsoft.com... > Help please. genelavine@advancedbusinessconsultants.com Generally a #DIV/0 means the divisor is a zero. So what is in cell f33? Remember that numbers entered at text are treated as zeros. "jetpilot1" <jetpilot1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3900E06...

Calculating with textboxes
Dear all; I have a UserForm with a few textboxes. The first textbox : tbAmount holds an invoice amount. The second textbox: tbVAT should display the amount of VAT ( 19 % of the amount ) The formula I use is: .tbVAT.Value = .tbAmount.Value * 0.19 Looks fine to me. But, the stupid box don't disply the right amount. I live in Europe and the Regional settings are a dot ( . ) for the thousands seporator and a comma ( , ) for the decimal seporator. When I enter 2250,00 ( or 2250 ) in .tbAmount, then textbox .tbVat displays : 427.5 which is not what I want as I ho...

FAX Activity BUG in CRM 3.0
OK, I asked a question twice previously why faxes don't appear as history items under contacts. Since no one responded to my questions I spent considerable time myself to find that there is a bug with Fax activities. Basically if you look under workplace and activites with a filter on faxes you will find your sent faxes. However it doesn't seem to matter where you create these faxes and attempt to link them to your contacts they will NOT show in the history of the contact that you have linked them to and/or created them in. It's a Bug that MS needs to fix in the next patch...

Rule to auto reply using a dynamic text file as attachment or message body
Using the rules wizard in Outlook 2003, I have been able to create a rule that automatically replies to a sender that has specific words in the subject using "have the server reply using a specific message" or "reply using a specific template". My problem is this: I have a text file located on my local hard drive that is updated by an excel spreadsheet every 15 minutes. When someone sends me an email with specific words in the subject, I want to reply with the text file either as an attachment or inline message (perferred). The issue I am having is that the message speci...