Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question

I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded.  Does anyone know if it will be
anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send any
report to like Sql reporting services or crystal?
0
DNelson (61)

------=_NextPart_0001_70733CB7

I haven't heard anything at all that reporting in 10.0 will be changed.
While I guess it's possible, I would assume for now that there won't be any
big changes in general.  I would expect more MS Office & SQL integration in
the next version for sure, but I can't see everything rewritten from
scratch to go to SRS or Crystal Reports.  That being the case, I would also
then expect the interface to not be anything like the Rockton Software
product.

Of course, I'm also totally not in the "development loop" and I guess
anything is possible but this does sound like a huge (if worthy) project.

patrick
mbs dev support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?RG5lbHNvbg==?= <Dnelson@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:09:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded.  Does anyone know if it will be
anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send
any
report to like Sql reporting services or crystal?

------=_NextPart_0001_70733CB7

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I haven't heard anything at all that reporting in 10.0 will be changed.  While I guess it's possible, I would assume for now that there won't be any big changes in general.  I would expect more MS Office & SQL integration in the next version for sure, but I can't see everything rewritten from scratch to go to SRS or Crystal Reports.  That being the case, I would also then expect the interface to not be anything like the Rockton Software product.
\par
\par Of course, I'm also totally not in the "development loop" and I guess anything is possible but this does sound like a huge (if worthy) project.
\par
\par patrick
\par mbs dev support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
\par thread-index: AcaPxHgf+AYX1cNhSEa2OZJk17dU7A==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 66.6.98.194
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?RG5lbHNvbg==?= <Dnelson@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
\par Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:09:01 -0700
\par Lines: 3
\par Message-ID: <5BC5E5AA-8133-4807-A61F-11DAD18E667C@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:30667
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded.  Does anyone know if it will be
\par anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send any
\par report to like Sql reporting services or crystal?
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_70733CB7--

0
prot (52)
6/22/2006 3:17:58 AM
GP 10 should be the perfect opportunity to get rid of for once and for all of
Report Writer. Please tell me that Report Writer won't be available. They
definitely need to go to SRS and start really focusing on Performance Point
2007.

"Patrick[MSFT]" wrote:

> I haven't heard anything at all that reporting in 10.0 will be changed.
> While I guess it's possible, I would assume for now that there won't be any
> big changes in general.  I would expect more MS Office & SQL integration in
> the next version for sure, but I can't see everything rewritten from
> scratch to go to SRS or Crystal Reports.  That being the case, I would also
> then expect the interface to not be anything like the Rockton Software
> product.
>
> Of course, I'm also totally not in the "development loop" and I guess
> anything is possible but this does sound like a huge (if worthy) project.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>

> --------------------
> From: =?Utf-8?B?RG5lbHNvbg==?= <Dnelson@discussions.microsoft.com>
> Subject: Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:09:01 -0700
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
>
> I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded.  Does anyone know if it will be
> anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send
> any
> report to like Sql reporting services or crystal?

0
Citrine (8)

Financial Reports crash GP
One of our users tried to run a Balance Sheet Financial Report this morning and it crashed GP on her PC. A web page popped up that says: "This problem was caused by Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. An update is available that might solve this problem." I also check the event logs for the pc and found this error: "The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retriev...

HelpDesk 10-11-04
Hi! Can I use CRM to organize HelpDesk of IT department within my company? Regards, Alexey. Hi Alexey, You might, one issue you might run into is the fact that your incoming requests for support will not be picked up by the Exchange router. This means that internal email will not come into a queue. I personally find that very frustrating. The email has to come in as if sent externally for the router to pick it up. Michael "Alexey Podosenin" wrote: > Hi! > > Can I use CRM to organize HelpDesk of IT department within my company? > > Regards, Alexey. You ar...

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

A question in need of an answer
I have put some VBA code into a workbook to enable the ladies in the office to back things up without having to remember more than "left-click the button marked 'Backup' ". I have come to realize this was a bit more than they can handle, so I'm rewriting the code to try to make it even easier. While doing so, I came across an idea that I need info on...is it possible, using vba, to create a new folder (say, naming it the date of the backup) for each time they make the backups? If so, any examples of how? I've posted this before doing much research, but will ...

Control Source for text box on a report
I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box that counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I want to add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the table for that department. How can I easily do this? Thank You, CEV I forgot to mention that I would also like to add yet another text box that adds the total of all the other text boxes that contain the total number of ...

Tender Summary report combining all registers and tender types
Hi, I know the Z report breaks down the tender type totals. Is there any report template to combine all registers into one total for each tender type (Visa/MC, debit card, Discover card, American Express, check, cash, etc) thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0118_01C8B095.F2EA34B0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="utf-8"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit David, The attached report will do if you have HQ. Hope this helps Regards, Don "David Moffatt" <DavidMoffatt@discussions.microso...

Queries 06-01-10
I need help with this , it will not run, am i missing something. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Call Sheet5.getvalues Call Sheet5.SortRange1 End Sub Sub getvalues() lr = Application.Max(2, Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row) 'MsgBox lr Rows("2:" & lr).ClearContents With Worksheets("Automated RAC") slr = .Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row 'MsgBox slr For L = 2 To slr dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1 ' If .Cells(L, "L") =jone and not .cells(f, "F") = "Closed...

Moving Database Paths on a cluster (5.5) KB278464
Config: - Win2k Cluster (SP4) - NT4 domain - Exchange 5.5 (SP4) Requirement: - Need to move the PRIV and PUB IS to a new drive. The KB article KB278464 outlines the correct proceedure, but lists Exchange 5.5 and OS NT4 in the "Applies to" section at the end of the article. My question is, will this proceedure also work properly on the Win2k OS? -- Tim. I believe it should work... "Tim Munro" <Plasmamage@ColdMail.com> wrote in message news:ODC2QsvfEHA.3024@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Config: > - Win2k Cluster (SP4) > - NT...

Get registered for the new community at https://community.dynamics
Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics Community pages located at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community, moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are making this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all Microsoft Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you see them today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to access them will be different. Plus you’ll see more streamlined content and future func...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

Solver internal error sensitivity report
Hello, I use the solver add-in in the German version of Excel 2007. When I try to generate sensitivity reports I get an error message: unexpected internal error. The generation works once when I uninstall and re-install the add-in. Obviously it is not an option to re-install the add-in for each sensitivity report... Any ideas what the cause may be? Any suggestions how to solve the issue? Thanks. Patrick ...

WM_COPYDATA question
Can you send WM_COPYDATA messages asynchronously? For example, using postmessage() instead of sendmessage()? >Can you send WM_COPYDATA messages asynchronously? For example, using >postmessage() instead of sendmessage()? AFAIK you have to use SendMessage. Dave On Jul 1, 10:15=A0am, "Nick Schultz" <nick.schu...@flir.com> wrote: > Can you send WM_COPYDATA messages asynchronously? =A0For example, using > postmessage() instead of sendmessage()? The quick answer is "no": You must use SendMessage and cannot use PostMessage. The docs formerly include...

Table structure 04-07-10
I am having trouble getting my tables organized for their intended purpose. I am wondering if I am breaking them down too much. My first table is called: tblPMList and contains the following fields: MaintencanceID (This is an auto number and also the primary key) txtStructureNumber (4 unique numbers) txtStructureName txtPMCode (280 PM activities assigned to the structures, some unique, some alike) txtPMDesription (describes the work for the PM Code) txtPMType (Either mechanical or electrical) txtEquipmentNeeded (what equipment is needed to preform the PM) txtPMFrequency (1, 4, ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 with Entourage
Evening All, I currently have a client who is running 2 Apple Macs (iBook G4 & iMac Intel Core Duo). They are running SBS2003 Premium for their server and Entourage to connect to Exchange. Given that Dynamics connects so nicely into Outlook, will it work nicely with OSX & Entourage? At the moment this is about the only thing stopping me rolling it out. Regards, Greg Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no support for Mac and OSX at all. Your only option would be to have users connect to a pc from a mac and run crm that way ie a terminal session ============================== John O...

help #10
every time i try to send something through outlook I get an error 0x800CCCC0D Do you have any more details about the error? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "tina" <tinaatweb22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:081001c365f2$cc7bc3e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > every time i try to send something through outlook I get > an error 0x800CCCC0D ...

Unable to login to GP
I'm working on development for a customer. I have installed SQL Server 2005 and GP 9.0. I restored a backup of their db. When I try to login to GP using sa, I get an error "You are attempting to login from a data source using a trusted connection. Update the SQL server settings for this data source to disable trusted connections." Hi Cai You have to adjust the ODBC to use SQL server authentication. Set it up and use the sa account (It does not save this setting it just uses it for setup). You should then be fine. Fliehigh "cai" wrote: > I'm workin...

Opporunity Close Opportunity Question
The Close Opporunity form has a description field on it, which does not transfer either the Topic or Description field contents from the Opportunity form into it. When we enter information into that field, we have been unable to locate into which SQL table it goes into. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks! Shauna Found it after some searching in the ActivityBase table. Does this field get pulled into any of the Opporunity reports? I have looked at most of them and they appear to pull in the Topic and Description fields from the Opportunities General Tab, not the Closed Opport...

How to intercept GP code in Dexterity
I am working through the course material for Dexterity/SanScript and understand that I can "intercept standard GP code" and insert my own procedures. I am a bit unclear on how to "intercept" it. I see that I can use triggers, but how do I know what GP functions or procedures are executing at any given time, so that I know what I'm supposed to intercept, as well as what process(es) I might be interrupting? At this point, I am just learning and do not have a specific task I'm trying to accomplish. I would appreciate all input. Thank you! Mike You can use...

Code syntac Question
I have a form with rows of unbound txt boxes and I want to address the boxes in increments of 1. So for examle "txtbox1" , txtbox2 and so on. I Dim an integer 'intLines" in the 'Open event of the form. Dim intLines as Integer intLines = 1 Under certain conditions I want to reference a txt box. Here is my question. I tried [me.txtbox & intLines] me."txtbox" & intLines ["me.txtbox" & intLines] and I think every combination (Its called the "Try everything" coding method). Any suggestions. I hope that makes sense. Thanks ...

Licensing question 11-24-06
We are running SBS 2003 premium and are looking at implementing CRM 3.0, my question is around how many CRM client licenses I will need for my organisation. Do I need one client license for earch SBS user (and hence Outlook user) or do I only need client licenses for say the sales and marketing team? ie by installing the CRM server on my SBS will the option to track emails on CRM button automatically appear within everyones Outlook in my organisation? If I'm gonna need 60 client licenses the costs suddenly seem a bit excessive... I'm hoping that the client software will only n...

After Update Event 05-08-10
After Update Event Hi All, I am having a table like the below:- Table Name : DCData Field Name Type Document Presented Yes/No Date Date/Time I have created a form Using Wizard and get the fields from DCdata Table to my form. Form Name: DCData (F) I require a after update event macro for my [Document Presented] field (Yes/No) if the person check the [Document Presented] check box then the form should show the [Date] field otherwise if it is unchecked then the [Date] field should not be visible and cannot be accessed by the users. (Using Access 2003) Awa...

Cross Tab with dynamic date column
Hi there, I'm using access 2003 on XP Pro SP2 I have a cross tab query (for payroll) One Row Heading for Date Format([Check Date],"WW") One Column Heading for [Employee Name] One Sum Column for [Amount] Very simple and works fine and it give me every week a new column The problem start when I'm trying to create a report I want to show the last 8 week (columns) in my report dynamically And want it done automatically without having to change the column name every week (Because the column name change every week in addition to the rest of columns) Is there any way to cr...

Questions before deploying the crm 1.2 system
Hello! We have been reviewing the documentation before deploying the MS CRM 1.2. We have a couple of oquestions: 1. When we install the crm will the CRM installation upgrade or in any way modify the Active directory schema? 2. Why are the Exchange router installed? 3. How many users can you run on a single CRM server? (I know that it is dependent on the HW) an example would be nice! Regards Niclas Lundstrom, Product Manager Dear Nicla 1. When we install the crm will the CRM installation upgrade or in any wa modify the Active directory schema Yes the MS CRM install will...

Outlook 2003 questions
I purchased Office 2003 and have a couple question at this time on Outlook 2003 before I install Office 2003 in Windows XP Home Edition SP1: 1. Currently I have Office 2000 installed. What do I need to backup in Outlook 2000 to make sure all messages, contants, notes, etc. and all account settings? I will need to import all of this into Outlook 2003. 2. In Outlook 2003 I prefer the message view (Subject, From, Date, etc.) in a certain arragement. When I set this view for the Inbox, is there a way to apply this view to any existing and new mail folders? In Outlook 2000 I woudl click View ...

Payroll Tax Updates 10.0
I am trying to get the most recent payroll tax updates for GP 10.0 and when I click on Maintenance, US Payroll Tax Updates, Check for Updates, I am getting nothing. It doesn't ask me if I want ot do this automatically or manually. Just sits there and does nothing. This is installed on our server. We just got 10.0 up and running this last weekend so this is the first time I have tried to get updates here. Can anyone help me get this to work correctly? Thank you. Melanie, I am on v10.00.1061 (SP2 and/or Feature Pack 1) and applied the payroll tax updates without any issues. Have y...