Dynamics 2.0 Locks up

All of a sudden yesterday my dynamics POS 2.0 started locking up when it was
minimized or idol for a few minutes of non use. Has anyone else had this
problem? I am running Vista.

Thanks

If you haven't already, you may want to post this question in the retail
management forum.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"shadowrunner11" wrote:

> All of a sudden yesterday my dynamics POS 2.0 started locking up when it was
> minimized or idol for a few minutes of non use. Has anyone else had this
> problem? I am running Vista.
>
> Thanks
0
callen (2505)

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

missing public folder #2
For some reason completely unknown to me, many of the public folders dissappeared from the M drive and are no longer accessible from the Outlook clients. On the other hand, when I look at the Exchange administration program the folders are all there and the permissions seem correct. Is there any way of getting these back without doing a complete system/Exchange restore? Sounds like Joe has exactly the same problem I am describing. I did look at the EMS and all of the folders are indicated and the permissions are correct. No one touched these things. Still they do not appear on the M drive a...

error 0 while exporting store from hq
Getting this error message while exporting store database from HQ even after October 2004 hotfix. An error was encountered while exporting data. Store operation database is not complete and may not work. Error 0 Sagar, You said the Oct hotfix. Do you mean hotfix # 887064 or the Nov # 887168? The Nov. hotfix says it fixes; Exporting a store from HQ database will cause an Error 0 message when HQ database is named with number. Is this the problem? If so, contact your reseller or M$ for the hotfix by opening a support incident or call 888-400-4266. -- = "Sagar Lipare" <Sa...

Why does an inserted and locked photo move to a 2nd page?
I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" and "behind text". When the document becomes long enough to warrant a second page the photo jumps to the top of the second page instead of staying in place at the top of the first page. Why is this happening? Is there something else I need to do to insure it stays at the top of the first page? Thanks for any input! I'm baffled! In Need of Help wrote: > I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" > and "behind text". When the document b...

Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database
Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database If you are thinking of moving your CRM database to another server in the same domain I thought I would just write down my experiences of this process that may help others when they have to do the same. The Scenario: We had a CRM system running on one machine (CRM, IIS, SQL Server, ReportServer) and wanted to move the database to a better machine to help with the performance improvement on the CRM system. We didn’t want to have too much down-time and didn’t want to have to go through the joy of reinstalling CRM. The Solution: Having done a bit of research ...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Exmerge Utility #2
Would someone please inform me where I can get the exmerge utility for Exchange 5.0 , had it email from Microsoft some years ago but nowhere to be found now. Thank You. George, You should be able to get a copy without charge by calling into support. -- Isaac B. Carter MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:acef01c4369a$e6a31f10$a1...

RMS1.2-GP8.0 Integration
Iam facing a critical issues regarding one of my implementation of GP 8.0 and RMS 1.) when will the integration utility between RMS and GP9.0 will be released. ? 2.) HQ db is on one server while GP db is on another server. When we try to link the 2 databases using the above utility which makes use of Linked server technology, we are not able to do so? Please note our architecture is such that 2 dbs has to reside on separate server . 3.) When we did a test integration with the sample HQ db with sample GP TWO db ( in this case residing on same server ) everything goes fine except ...

Reference 2
How do I have a cell look at another cell and make a calculation. For example: A B C (197) 3500 500 If column A is less than B then have the calculation of the amount of (C) it would take to bring it to positive standing. The answer should be 4000. That is (8) lots of 500 to make the amount 3803. That is C times (8) minus 197. If (A) was 3501 then I would have a return value of 0. I would not need to replenish. Assuming your numbers are in cells A1 B1 and C1 then put this formula in cell D1: =IF(A1<B1,(ROUNDUP((B1-A1)/C1,0))*C...

dynamically referencing to another worksheet
Hi all, I'm relatively new to Excel but I'm working on a spreadsheet for work. Let's say I have a workbook with a separate tab (worksheet) called "exam1". On the first worksheet I can reference to a cell (let's say A2) in the other by using "=exam1!A2". Here's what I need to do though. On the first worksheet in column A, I will have a list of all the tabs that will eventually be included in the spreadsheet (e.x. A1 = exam1, A2 = exam2, A3 = exam3, etc.). Is there a way I can modify the code from the first worksheet above (=exam1!A2) to be dynamic? ...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

embedded pictures #2
I recently upgraded to the office environment. I am very dismayed to find out that I now have to open each attatchment to view the contents of graphics. In the previous version of outlook express Having images open when I previewed my email was quick and easy. Is there any way to set up office outlook with this same capability? Thanks in advance. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Dynamic range does not appear in name box
I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the define name box. The name works fine in my formulas, but does not appear in the drop-down name box on the formula bar. Is there a way to get this name to appear there? Thanks. Dave Nope. But you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp DaveNadler wrote: > > I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the > define name box. The name works fine in my ...

handling message of buttons in dynamic dialog
Environment: VC++ (MFC) To create a modal dialog box and some push buttons on it indirectly, I have used DLGTEMPLATE and DLGITEMTEMPLATE. Then,l call empty CDialog constructor to construct the dialog box object. Next, I call InitModalIndirect and DoModal to create and display my dialog box. But, I can't handle notification message of these pushbuttons. As you know I can't use the classwizard because this modal dialog is dynamically created with its control, and since it is a CDialog object (not a CDialog derived class,according MSDN) I can't override its function to add mess...

Historical Stock Status #2
Historical Stock Status needs to display the quantity available up to AS OF DATE field excluding after the said date. "I run the report as of 3/31/07 and it is currently 4/3/07 it will back those out giving me an accurate inventory count and value up to 03/31/07. This is not happening. If I run the report for a particular item with the as of date 3/31/07 this item should have 0 quanitity. It is showing me the amount from 4/1-4/3. How do we get the report to print only inventory up to 3/31/07?" ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds t...

Birthdays #2
I am having a problem with the birthdates showing up as timed events. If you look at my calendar the birthday takes up two days and there is a little clock at each end of the posting. could someone tell me how to fix this. David G. Smith Blackcobra@cableone.net David G. Smith wrote: > I am having a problem with the birthdates showing up as > timed events. If you look at my calendar the birthday > takes up two days and there is a little clock at each end > of the posting. could someone tell me how to fix this. > > David G. Smith > Blackcobra@_____ Make sure your compu...

Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message
I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact Manager and Word as my email editor. Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process of creating a new message and adding my first address in the To: field. I suspect that it has something to do with the AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name is not automatically recognized or displayed even though it has been previously. Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a solution? I have the latest Outlook SPs installed. Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrup...

Format Problem #2
Hi how can i save an excel file to text file with out chainging the format. ie Excel file: adf 12 a 1 when i change this to text file the alighment changes like adf 12 a 1 so how can i solve this problem. i tryied many wayes and nothing work out properly. so if someone know this , plzz do help me. manikandan Try saving it as a "Formatted Text (Space delimited) (*.prn)" file. You may have to widen columns to make it look right. (And I like to change the font to Courier New--a nice non-proportional font. Then I can see how it'll line up.) manikandan wrote: > >...

Textbox #2
Hi all, How do you get a textbox to autocomplete a word, or is it a textbox. I have been using a combobox but I wanted to make the form a bit neater with out the arrows. Also How can you change a caption of a userform to show the name in in cell a1 for example? I would love to have the userform show the name of the person I am using the information about.. Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg can't help with the first Q ... personally, don't think combo boxes are that messy :) with Q2 use something along the lines of the following Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() UserFor...

PartyPoker offer #2
PartyPoker.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker room! Since opening it's doors in 2001, they have been serving lots of fun and excitement to poker players worldwide and are growing at record speeds by offering lots of games and limits, excellent customer care and maintaining the highest level of integrity, security, and reliability. Licensed, Regulated and Tested PartyPoker.com is licensed and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar. The games are powered by the iGlobalMedia system which is tested by iTech Labs, a leading independent tester of gaming and wagerin...

how to check if a number has no more than 2 decimal digits
I need to do some input validation so to check if a value has no more than 2 decimal digits. So 14.12 is valid but 14.123 is not. I have tried doing a check like this: If Int(inval * 100) <> inval * 100 Then but this gets a rounding error with certain values like 2.22. If I subtract one side above from the other I get a difference on the order of 10^-21. So I tried rounding the numbers to do a test like this: If Round(Int(inval * 100), 10) <> Round(inval * 100, 10) Then and this does something weird like rounding Round(Int(0.29 * 100), 10) to 28. ...