drop down lists in Business Portal

When requiring a query selection for filtering (such as in Purchase Request),
the go button (right arrow on green background) should be automatically
pressed when a selection is clicked.

I think it would be as simple as adding an 'on changed' event to the drop
down list to call the button, and would make the user interface more
intuitive and comfortable (less frustration than if you're waiting for your
results and not realize you didn't hit the button).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=47682fe2-666c-4ac2-849d-51a05a3bf3b6&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

Address and e-mail contact list
I do not want the e-mail address of sender automatically added to my contact list How do I suppress No clues here so no help forthcoming. Want assistance? Help us help you. Give your version of Outlook. If Express, post in an Express group - this is not one of them. If you are using the Web interface, look under Internet Explorer as it is a part of IE, not Office. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Distribution Lists #30
Hi All, Wasn't sure which would be the best group to post this in......... We seem to be having some issues with people viewing distribution list members. The members are not hidden and if I remove the persons permissions and reapply them it seems to rectify the problem for a little while. I don't know if it is coincidence or not but most of the people having a problem seem to be listed as the manager of the DL. I have looked and followed the article about setting the permissions in security rather than on the managed by option but this doesn't seem to make a difference. T...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

List details in another sheet
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet, "Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help? Thanks, Cecilia Use VLOOKUP http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chechu" <cecichi9@hotma...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

List of kernel mode compatible functions
Hi, Is there a list of kernel mode compatible C/C++ functions (preferably for WDK 7600)? Thanks, Jan Wouldn't that be the WDK Help file? Thomas F. Divine "Jan M" <jan_m@jerseymail.co.uk> wrote in message news:e7fhXcanKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a list of kernel mode compatible C/C++ functions (preferably for > WDK 7600)? > > Thanks, > > Jan > Your right of course. I just didnt look hard enough. Jan ...

Drag and Drop
Hi, I'd like to allow drag'n'drop operation to list box (CListCtrl), placed on dialog box. I checked Accept files in properties of this CListCtrl, created OnDropFiles(HDROP hDropInfo) method of the dialog and placed afx_msg void OnDropFiles(HDROP hDropInfo); in .h file. When I drop file, cursor will change but OnDropFiles isn't called. What's wrong with that? -- Deli The OnDropFiles() handler must be in the CListCtrl-derived class, not the CDialog-derived class. "Deli" <deli_@ANTISPAMop.pl> wrote in message news:cgkt28$gj1$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi, &...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

Contacts List Closes Outlook
A user in our company recent found that when using the Contacts, as soon as he scrolls down the program locks up and closes without warning or any dialog box. Any Ideas? ...

Delete drop down list
I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I have a list that is no longer useful and would like to delete it from the worksheet (To clarify: I am talking about removing the list from the list of list names that appears when using the F3 key) Thank you -- MZ Select the range. From menu Data>Validation>Select 'Any value' OR If you dont have data in those cells from menu Edit>Clear>All -- Jacob "MZ" wrote: > I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I > have a l...

Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense Software Compon
I'm interested in the time and expense functionality (called "Business Portal Project Time and Expense") that is described under "Dynamics GP" domain. However, I do not readily see the relationship between "Dynamics GP" and "Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense." What Microsoft products do I need in order to reach my goal of operating "Business Portal Project Time and Expense"? Many thanks. In terms of what you need to purchase, the answer depends upon what you have an what licensing method you are using: The Time and...

Personal To do List
In creating an entry for the Personal To Do list, allow assingment of item to a User Class/group rather than to a single user ID in the Target to do list feature. This way reminders can be set for select group rather than to all who have module access. ...

Extracting records from a list
I would like to extract records from a long list of 500 rows. The list is already sorted by the first column. There is a maximum of four possible values for the first column with multiple values for the other ones. I would like to create four different lists, each with only one of the possible value in its first column by extracting them from the "master" list. Any help or pointer will be gratefully appreciated. Here is some very simple generic code Code: -------------------- Set SourceSht = Sheets("Sheet1") Set DestSht = Sheets("Sheet1") ...

Business Portal 2.5 -- Linking 3 Web Parts
Hi, Can someone tell me if this is possible, I have been working on it and can't seem to get it to fly. I have my 1st web part that shows inventory master item information and a few fields off of the item card. This drives a 2nd web part that shows summary inventory information on that item by site. This works fine. What I want to do is tie a 3rd web part in that gives me detailed transaction information for that particular site (the 2nd web part). This 3rd web part works fine on it's own but shows all transactions for all sites for all items by default. I have tried ...

Excel VBA
Hi All, I have a list that has been created by using the validation too (Data>Validation) Is it possible that when someone wants to choose something from th list they could say type the first few words and it would automaticall show. I.e you type "holi" or atleast part of the word and the cell shows th whole word. Thanks steve:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Data Validation doesn't include the autocomplete feature. You can type the entire entry, scroll through the dropdown list, or use keyboard (arrow keys, page up, page down) to navigate th...

Business Contacts in Business Contact Manager
Business contact history seems to get updated with email inbox, business notes do not appear. I cannot add a new note or other item into the history. Any ideas??? Many thanks Ian BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836558 The bulk of the forms cache issues in Outl...

Branching Drop Down Menu
I know how to create drop down menus, I have a price list with headings and i would like the headings to appear in a drop down box, then when you roll over the heading in the drop down another drop down box will branch out with the products under that heading. Is this possible in excel? Thank you Yes. Possible. See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:20:05 -0700, "tnvis" <tnvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to create drop down menus, I have a price ...

Simple drop down list validation
Hi All, I have two lists on one sheet, (Data), Services & Price. In another sheet, (Invoice), I am using a drop down list for services, and when a service is selected I would like it to automatically fill in the price column. I thought it would be simple but I seem to be getting the formula wrong, can you help? Many thanks! -- KerryOrr It always helps if you can give exact cell references where your data is located, but in the absence of that it will be something like: =VLOOKUP(A1,Data!A$1:B$100,2,0) in B1 of your Invoice sheet. Assumes data occupies A1:B100 of Data sheet...

Outlook Express Address list Panel
Hi is there any way fix crack etc to get the list off email address,s to show down in the bottom left corner The way you could in Outlook Express You could then just double click on and address to send a new email Simple. I really hate Windows Live Mail. A: No. B: So do I. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ronnie Mackay" <ronnie@crofthaugh.adsl24.co.uk> wrote in message news:F709C815-812A-46BE-A841-377057912D56@microsoft.com... > Hi is there any way fix crack etc to get the list off email address,s to > s...