Don't pull New Hire into payroll until Hire Date #2

Currently new employee's input into Great Plains before their actual start
date
need to be marked inactive or they pull into payroll.

Suggest GP Payroll ignore new users until Hire date or adjust hire date has
passed.
- Recommended by my HR & Accounting users.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bcf9fc22-43ba-49ec-b942-e444f8d1337f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
DavidM (290)

Date 12-13-07
Hi, I'm trying to work on a huge Database project that involves lots of dates. I have records that go back to 1897. Anyways I'm entering data in for each day of the year and I was wondering if there is a faster way like in Excel that will automatically pick up the date. Example 02/01/1897, 02/02/1897, 02/03/1897...and so on. This there any formula and anything that will help make it go faster??? Thank You, Amanda Any chance you could do the dates in Excel and import them into Access afterwards? (no, since Access is not a spreadsheet, the feature you'd use in Excel is ...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Split combined date time data #3
From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) One way: Data/Text to Columns. Select Delimited, and click Next. Check the Space checkbox and click Finish. In article <D84AFF1F-CA34-456B-AA06-926914397A3C@microsoft.com>,...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

New Office reminds me of New Coke
Everyone hates it. The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi. Dear MS: Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the world to toggle back to Classic Office. Stop being so arrogant. Did you really think we were going to pay billions to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession? Geez. Engineers.... It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake. It means that you learned! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

New with Outlook 2003 and IMAP
We have just been directed that we have to start using Outlook 2003. When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic and it gets grayed out. Is there a setting I can use that will put the email into trash or junk when I identify it as trash or junk? I am also trying to put my address book together. I need to find a way to have any email coming in with the same address (ex: occc_community@sunyorange.edu) or (staffchair-bounce@ots.sunyorange.edu) be made into a rule and make sure it goes to the appropriate folder. I am setup using an IMAP configuration. Any help would b...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

Canadian Payroll
I have noticed that the basic personal amounts for NB are incorrect. They should be $8061 when in the Employee Cards it is showing $8062. I have check the global setting and it is correct but it is not applying it to each individual employee. I have noticed there is a script for the Federal amounts as well as Quebec and Manitoba. Anyone else notice problems with other provinces? We ran Fed. script which also corrected Ontario. MAC wrote: > I have noticed that the basic personal amounts for NB are incorrect. They > should be $8061 when in the Employee Cards it is showing $8062...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

Only Running New Email Noficication
How do I receive new email notifications in the windows notification area without having the full Outlook 2002 program running all the time? (and thus using up valuable resources? We have an exchange server and are not on the same active directory as the server. Thank you for any help! ...

displaying dates in UK format
I didn't write the original database and my knowledge of database design is not good enough to duplicate the work already done. With a variety of computers running Windows98 and/or XP, using Access2003, I cannot get dates to display on my forms in UK format (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy or even d/m/yy). The computers in use all have the short date format set to dd/mm/yyyy in regional settings. I have read through http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html and tried the formatting suggested there and it didn't work for me. I added it to "Lost focus" and "OnExit" and ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Customer Membership Expiration Date
I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a discount in the gift shop. She would like to set the expiration date on the membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Add-Ons available? Thanks for your time and knowledge. You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the date in that field is less than today. Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually very h...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

how do i delete everything after a particular character, after each such character? #2
thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions. i tried paul corrado's very simple solution below: Find What: enter " - *" (without the ""s) Replace With: enter " -" (if you still want the dash otherwise leav that field blank) that worked great except that many of the lines that continued onto second line were unaffected and need to be deleted. fortunately tha data that needs to be kept has an asterisk and some spaces in front o it (i.e., "* ") so perhaps there's some way to have excel chec each cell for the existence of this text and,...

Email Addresses #2
When I type in the first few letters of an email address a drop down apears with four or five email address. They are all for the same person, but only 1 is correct. How do I get rid of the incorrect email address? I have gone to the custom dicsonary in outlook and erased the wrong one there, but not all of them are there and even the ones I erased still show up. Any help would be helpful. Thanks When you start to type the address and the wrong address appears on the list, use your arrow keys to highlight that wrong address, then press [DELETE]. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneN...

Customize Outlook Today does not work #2
We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. Please advise where to look next. TIA "Lee Hoyle" <lee@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00b901c35139$57aac160$a101280a@phx.gbl > We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and > the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. > > Please advise where to look next. TIA Hello Lee, have you try it with this Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook ps...