does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?

Hello:

I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and
Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role.

But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa
automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER
"role" did not have security access to it.

Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup
is like?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know
that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add that report to the Default
User (or select the modified document for the Default User) before sa can run
that report.  Now, you IMPORTED forms and it is possible that whoever built
those forms added them to the security package through the
import..........Just guessing here.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and
> Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role.
>
> But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa
> automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER
> "role" did not have security access to it.
>
> Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup
> is like?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

0
info4071 (3004)
9/30/2007 2:49:01 PM
The user 'sa' belongs to the POWERUSER Role, so it has access to all the
original forms and reports.

If it is using the DEFAULT USER alternate forms and reports ID, it will have
the access to the customisation as described by those settings.

By default, this will include various alternate windows needed by the
products, such as Smartlist lookups and project alternates etc.

You will need to grant access to modified forms and reports by changing the
DEFAULT USER ID or by creating a new ID with access granted.

You can create a new ID and import the DEFAULT USER ID as a starting point
and then add your modified forms. Then assign this new ID to the user 'sa'.

Hope this helps

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and
> Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role.
>
> But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa
> automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER
> "role" did not have security access to it.
>
> Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup
> is like?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

Hello 04-11-10
Hello Haw do you do? ...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

No Form Assistant in Quote Product Screen
While entering data in the QuoteProduct screen, no Form Assistant is available. Is it the usual feature or I need to configure something to view the Form Assistant? Also is it possible to see contact hierarchy in an account in the form of a Organisational Chart? Is their any add-on available in relation to this? ...

building form @ runtime vs. hiding existing controls
I'm trying to decide just how bad runtime design is. Most opinions seem to steer clear of adding controls, events, etc at runtime. Instead, y'all advocate keeping controls on the form and hiding them as necessary. In my application (which will not be an MDE) , each user session builds a new form - from scratch. Once the form is built, there are no design changes. And when the user is done the form object is deleted. Troubleshooting may be more difficult with a form that only exists at runtime. OTOH, documenting and tracking unused controls (or not having enough controls, ...

Unable to launch GP
We have one workstation that cannot launch GP. It had worked in the past but now we cannot launch GP from the icon or from Start > Programs. We've tried dragging and dropping the .set file onto the .exe file. Even double-clicking on the .exe file does nothing. This PC has the same anti-virus software as the other machines - Symantec. We also tried copying the GP folder over from a working workstation. Any suggestions? Exactly what does happen when you try to launch? Does anything show up in the task manager? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dy...

GP Business Alert
Hello, We are using a 3rd party hosted email solution. We are using Outlook Express on every client PC. When I was going through KB article on GP Business Alert setup, under the server type setup, the KB article called us to select Microsoft Exchange Server. Does it mean that I must use Microsoft Exchange Server to have Business Alert setup? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks May ...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

SUMPRODUCT 01-21-10
The following formula works fine: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$BL1:$BL$6000")={"A"}),--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$O$1:$O$6000")="XN01"),(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$CI$1:$CI$6000"))) However, I cant seem to get the following to work: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$BL1:$BL$6000")={"A","B"}),--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$O$1:$O$6000")="XN01","XR01"),(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$CI$1:$CI$6000"))) I need to be able to summarise (using a headcount indicator (1) in Column CI) ...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

Error Site Modifier
Hello, I am trying to run site modifier and I am receiving an error I cannot figure out. The error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '1'. I have tried reinstalling. Still same error. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this? -- Thanks, Brian ...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Appending in a sub form
I am creating a venue ticket tracking DB in Access '07. tblVenueEvent has info about Venue, date, time, event with a VenueEventID (key field) which is linked to tblTicketInfo which has section, seat, row, etc. I set up an entry form completing VenueEvent info with a sub form for ticket info. Some of the venues have a standard set of seats that I want to "auto populate" into the sub fom. I have set up a Venue table with the standard seats for the venue. I can set up an Append Query on the sub form, which does append the tblTicketInfo, but does not capture the VenueEven...

Modify Global Address List
Quite new to this, and have inherited a Win2003&Exc2003 Enviroment One of the Managers has realised that the GAL has a full and uptodate list of all the users in the organistion (appart from a few staff members with no PCs), so has asked the the sites stop using pieces of paper with every bodies email and Telephone Numbers. In AD2003, we have gone through and created userid for staff with no computers, but not creared email address, and entered telephone numbers under the General tab, and Mobile, Ext, Home numbers under the Telephone Tab. But the GAL is only showing the General Tel...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...