Display Amount

Why, on some reports, does the amount appear prefixed with asterisks (*)? Is
there a system setting which allows me to turn on or off the prefixing of
amounts?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

N. Nightingale

Depending on what reports you are running, the * normally indicates the
document was voided. A good example of this is on a check register report.

"Nicholas Nightingale" wrote:

> Why, on some reports, does the amount appear prefixed with asterisks (*)? Is
> there a system setting which allows me to turn on or off the prefixing of
> amounts?
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>

> N. Nightingale
0
AndreaSmiley (210)
7/11/2006 8:02:01 PM
Andrea;

Thank you for the response. I was aware the asterisk indicated a void. That
does not appear to be my problem however. The Cheque information report for
example appears to be padding the amount to a fixed length. For example, a
cheque for $223.57 would display as $*****223.57. A cheque for $1,032.83
would display as $****1,032.83. This also appears to be on a company by
company basis which is why I am wondering if it is a setup setting I am
missing somewhere.

Thank you,

Nicholas

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> Depending on what reports you are running, the * normally indicates the
> document was voided. A good example of this is on a check register report.
>
> "Nicholas Nightingale" wrote:
>
> > Why, on some reports, does the amount appear prefixed with asterisks (*)? Is
> > there a system setting which allows me to turn on or off the prefixing of
> > amounts?
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >

> > N. Nightingale
I don't know for sure what your issue is, but check the format on the fields
you're looking at in ReportWriter.  One of the options for a field format is
to fill with asterisks, which is what it sounds like is happening for you.

Clint

"Nicholas Nightingale" <NicholasNightingale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:69CDD245-0446-4E01-A78F-A5D5CFA2C4F5@microsoft.com...
> Andrea;
>
> Thank you for the response. I was aware the asterisk indicated a void.
> That
> does not appear to be my problem however. The Cheque information report
> for
> example appears to be padding the amount to a fixed length. For example, a
> cheque for $223.57 would display as $*****223.57. A cheque for $1,032.83
> would display as $****1,032.83. This also appears to be on a company by
> company basis which is why I am wondering if it is a setup setting I am
> missing somewhere.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Nicholas
>
> "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
>
>> Depending on what reports you are running, the * normally indicates the
>> document was voided. A good example of this is on a check register
>> report.
>>
>> "Nicholas Nightingale" wrote:
>>
>> > Why, on some reports, does the amount appear prefixed with asterisks
>> > (*)? Is
>> > there a system setting which allows me to turn on or off the prefixing
>> > of
>> > amounts?
>> > Any help would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >

>> > N. Nightingale

0
nobody8869 (76)

Stem-and-leaf display\Excel 2000
Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or numeric data. Any help or information is appreciated. Thank you. This Google search yields 46,500 results http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=excel+chart+stem+leaf&btnG=Search -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fjm" <fjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336E0EC1-A433-4112-A268-A30BFA44CFC6@microsoft.com... > Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or > numeric data. Any...

Customer (Pole) Display
Hi, I'm having a problem where Pole Display's on one customer site are dying one by one. At first it starts flickering, then within a few days it dies completely. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Thanks. This may be an OPOS driver mismatch or wrong Baud Rate issue. Which PD model and OPOS driver are you using? Try to change the baud rate to others value first. "trcboy" <trcboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30ECE7B-0AF4-4497-873D-D9900D5F6B4F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm having a problem where Pole Display's ...

Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)? Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this possible using Excel 2000? Thanks. Stefan, You could type in a list with numbers in one column and the associated words in the second column, then use VLOOKUP. 1 one 2 two 3 three .... 39 thirty-nine 40 forty .... Eric "Stefan White" wrote: > Can you display numbers as words in exce...

sort by amount
It would be helpful to allow us to sort by amount when doing an inquiry on Vendor Transactions and/or General Ledger Transactions. If you want to be able to sort by amount, try searching for your transactions using SmartList instead of the inquiry screens. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "mlupro@kakivik.com" <mlupro@kakivik.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6260B62E-B675-4D46-B178-7CFCF1F81CD3@microsoft.com... > It would be helpful to allow us to sort by amount when doing an inquiry on > Vendor Transactions and/or General Ledger T...

Display form from an VB application in Excel
Dear All, I have the following problem with a macro. I hope somebody may help me. Problem: I want to display a VBA form created in an VB application on top of an Excel worksheet to enter some information. But when I show the form after opening the Excel workbook, the macro automatically switches back to the application showing this form (and not on top of the Excel workbook). Code: .... 'Open Excel workbook Set xlS = clsApp.GetApplication("excel.Application") Set xlsWB = xlS.Workbooks.Open(filename) xlS.Visible = True 'Show form on top of that Excel workbook frm.Show vbMod...

converting amount into figures
Is there any wany to convert any amount into figure automatically. 100/- should automatically convert into;;;; one hundred only See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "IRFAN AHMAD" <IRFANAHMAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A1570B6-5F0F-4E5C-8C5D-4F5BF6F7943F@microsoft.com... > Is there any wany to convert any amount into figure automatically. > > 100/- > should automatically convert into;;;; > > one hundred only ...

how do i display the time in a vba worksheet?
I can get the time up but i want to have the seconds ticking away.. th best i can get is chucking it on a 'mousemove' which doesn't refres very smoothly.. can ne1 help meh? This is what i have that i need improving on: Private Sub MultiPage1_MouseMove(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal Button A Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single) lbldate = Time End Sub As you can see it sucks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hello Devitt I suggest you use OnTime, here is a sample code (please amend accordingly): 1 - in a standard module paste this:...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Amount of Outgoing Email
Is there a simple way to determine home many emails are going out of our Exchange Server 2003 each day? You can do this with Third party software such Microsoft Management Pack for Exchange 2003 or you can turn on Performance Monitors and Counters, Brien Posey has written a great article explaining, http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci1190349,00.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E318D1-AD08-4C62-ABD8-803A0F2D386A@microsoft...

Is there a way to put 2 charts on the same display page?
I use a PIE chart because the numbers in my segments cvary greatly. I would like to put 2 pie charts side by side on a display page so I may show 2007 and 2008. Can this be done? Here's some instructions http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/charts/chart%20tips/Chartstip%202.htm But when Jon Peltier sees your message, I'm sure he will tell you that the only thing worse than a Pie chart is two of 'em. On May 13, 2:54 pm, nedwards <nedwa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use a PIE chart because the numbers in my segments cvary greatly. I would > like to put 2 pie char...

Original Journal Entries take a long time to display
Hi Does anyone know if the following procedure stated in the KB925326 is included in service pack or hotfix ? The reason i'm asking this is i want to avoid having to manage modifications on the indexes or any modifications which are not included within a service pack or hotfix. In the effort to keep the production and test environment as "vanilla" as possible... This would be considred as my last resort option. Thank you for your input... Pat, I am running 10.0 SP3 and this fix has not been included in this service pack -- for the longest time, this has not been inco...

Rich Text not displaying formater
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00EB_01CAB4CC.3211DD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a Rich Text box that is not displaying the format. I can click ctl-B and ctl-U and the text will bold and underline but I cannot get the format painter to display. The text box is in a subform if that matters. ------=_NextPart_000_00EB_01CAB4CC.3211DD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD...

How do I display a custom date range for a graph in a report?
I can display a custom date range in my reports, but if I add a graph it goes into a loop when prompting for the date range. I have also tried to do the graph without the report but instead of showing the date range it shows ' #Name? ' where the date should be. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thank you, Diana ...

display transaction cost
Is there any option to display the transaction cost or profit % in POS??? Can I display department and category on POS??? Are you talking about MS CRM? If yes, what do you mean by POS? "Ayman" wrote: > Is there any option to display the transaction cost or profit % in POS??? > > Can I display department and category on POS??? ...

My pictures are compressed somehow and they don't display on my s.
My pictures do not show up on my screen but they do print and I can see them on my print preview and I must have a wrong setting somewhere. Can anyone help me, I can't work with them when I can't see them and I have a job to complete. I have never run into this before View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marian" <Marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A63F349-C593-435E-99A1-518BE2FB9CD4@microsoft.com... > My pictures do not show up on m...

One column of a list box does not display for all users.
I have a list box on a form that displays two columns of information from two columns of a table. The main column contains material numbers and this is the information that actually populates the box when selected. The other column is a description that goes with the material number. On on everyone elses computer the main column (material number) apears to be empty and only the descriptions are displayed. On my computer the list box works fine with everything displayed as it should be. It seems that it must be a setting, but I cannot find one. Does anyone have any idea of what co...

outlook displays error message when trying to send emails to emails addresses on a outside server
hi all, outlook is displaying the error message " server rejected the following receipients" error message when i try to send emails to email id's on a different server. However the emails ID's on the same server go thru without a problem. Can anybody please help me out of this ASAP. ...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...

Specifying Display names in the "From" field
Where in Exchange 2000/2003 do you specify whether your full name OR email address is displayed in the recipients "From" field of the email message? "LincolnIT" <LincolnIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D67754D-F7C3-4367-861D-DE2E804074D3@microsoft.com... > Where in Exchange 2000/2003 do you specify whether your full name OR email > address is displayed in the recipients "From" field of the email message? It's the display name. You can't change this in the mail client that I know of. What's the issue/problem you'...

CToolBarCtrl bitmap not being displayed
Hi All, First, let me say I am a 'newbie' to MFC, therefor I ask for your indulgence... I am attempting to display a toolbar in an SDI app, using a CToolBarCtrl class. In the CMainWnd class, I declare a protected CToolBarCtrl* m_ToolBar variable, and pass the ON_WM_CREATE message to the 'OnCreate' message handler. afx_msg int CMainWin::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT cs) { BOOL rtn = FALSE; TBBUTTON buttons[2]; m_ToolBar = new CToolBarCtrl; if ( ! m_ToolBar->Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | CCS_TOP, rectDefault, this, IDR...

Display number as negatiove always
Easy one for you pros (I think). Is there a way to set up a cell to always display a number typed into it as a negative number? Thanks for any help. Display or actually become a negative number? Display...........Format>Cells>Custom -#,##0.00 but they would still be positive numbers. To actually become negative would require VBA. You could use event code to change them to negative as you enter. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then...

Display next available number
I hope someone can help with this. Column A I have numbers that look like TSC-10-001,TSC-10-102 TSC-10-052. Then they go to TSC-20-051, TSC-20-422, TSC-20-10, etc.. have set up data validation so that there is no duplicated allowed bu it is very difficult to find the next available number. I need some way of finding the next available number for say TSC-70. S if the last TSC-70 entered was TSC-70-177 it would tell me "The nex available number for TSC-70 is TSC-70-178" Any Ideas on this one -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming that you always have 3 numbers...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...