Discontiuned inventory items

Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity
on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup
lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT
removing history for the item and deleting the item.
0
cb (71)

Can you please tell me how to do this?  Is there a way to get the quantity to
zero so that I can delete it?  We are changing part numbers (again).  I have
over 700 parts in GP's and need only about 75 and I have never, in five
years, been able to figure out how to do this.   Any help you can give me
would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,  Kane

"CB" wrote:

> Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity
> on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup
> lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT
> removing history for the item and deleting the item.
0
Kane (153)

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0 #2
it whould be easier to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. also when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

How to show SOLD serialized item on Serial Number Report?
Hi; On the Serial Number built-in report, it lists all outstanding serial number and the allocated serial number. Can I show those SOLD serial number on the same report? Thanks! ...

Sent Items 07-18-10
Recently Windows7 was installed. Windows Mail worked normally. Now after somewhat 1 month, suddenly in 1 of the 2 accounts, the sent items are not saved to the "Sent Items" folder. In the other account they are saved. Property settings of both accounts are the same. In the Options, saving Sent Items is ticked on. Are any of these IMAP email accounts? "walter VA" <walter VA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1323AB1A-15AC-47F7-8275-CA411193A5E8@microsoft.com... > Recently Windows7 was installed. Windows Mail worked normally. Now after ...

Item's Last Sale Date
Hi there I'm creating a smartlist report that will display the item details but not sure which inventory table I should use to get the Last Sale date of an item. Any ideas? thanks. You can try this query to fetch the item number with the highest date of sale (or last sale date): SELECT ITEMNMBR, DOCDATE FROM IV10201 GROUP BY DOCDATE, ITEMNMBR HAVING DOCDATE =3D MAX(DOCDATE) AND ITEMNMBR =3D 'xxx' You can change 'xxx' with your item number. I've not tested this fully so you may want to run this in your environment and make sure that this query will work for every ...

Allocated inventory
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 - Bin quantity inquiry and Inventory lot number/bin inquiry shows allocated quantity. Item inquiry shows none. Inventory reconcile reports an adjustment to allocated quantity for the item but nothing changes. A re-run of inventory reconcile reports exactly the same adjustment. Do you know what document(s) are creating the allocation? If so, delete the lines on the document that have the items allocated, re-run reconcile, then re-enter the lines. It sounds like the sales document might be corrupt. If that does not work or you do not know the documents. ...

Item get repeated in Inventory Transfer
Dear All, When I do Inventory Transfer from HQ (WS 330) the item get repeated in the store, it happens with some items only. Any help please. -- Ibrahim Zubair check your databases on these items. Everytime I've seen this, and similar problems, you have database problems! Duplicates, different item numbers in different stores, etc. The table, called ItemDynamic, keeps tabs on this stuff and if it is wrong, well... -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. jerry@jrdata.us "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > Dear All, > > When I do Inventory Transfer from HQ (WS 330) the...

Inactive items and sales history
If I make old items inactive, does that affect the sales history numbers or does it just hide those items hidden in the Item Look Up window? ...

Pivot Table Calculated field item
Hi, I want to create a calculated field that uses an if to base its calculation results. Therefore i have a field called Site which is a text and another field called materials which is the number of materials. =if(Site="Mexico", materials*300, materials*2000) I have tried this and it doesnt compute based on the Site field or at least the text isnt matching as I have changed the Site to Mexico and it still calculates based on the 2000 amount. Anyone know why? Thanks, Tim Since Site is a text field, the calculated field will evaluate all Sites as zero. So, materials for all...

Inventory aging report #3
Please consider adding ang Inventory aging report where inventory value and quantity will be classified under aging buckets (current, 0-30, 31-60, etc). This is in reference to case # 8574216 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bu...

formula to subtract from inventory total
Hello, I would like to set up a spreadsheet where I have a call with a total number of paqs that I have in inventory. I have a column called Units where I enter the units a customer orders. I would like to have excel subtract the number of units in the Units column from the cell where I have the total number of paqs. For instance, I have a cell that says I have 100 paqs in stock. Each time I sell a paq to a customer I add their name and the number of units sold Customer Units Date Name 1 02/10/10 Name 3 ...

New task item for bunch of users to fill in a survey
Created a survey to be filled in by a bunch of users. How can I assign a task item for each of them with the least effort from my part, so they know to fill in the survey? I was thinking of filling a list with all the usernames, then start a workflow that creates the tasks having the "Assigned To" filled in by the list. Is this the right approach, or is there another/easier way I overlook? ~Hans ...

Using Index, Match and Search to populate items to a calendar view
Hello, I need assistance figuring out a formula. Here's the situation: I have two worksheets. Worksheet 1 lists, in spreadsheet form, names and dates of events, including a column that details what state(s) the event is in (a row may list, "IL," or "IL, WI, TX," etc...). It is sortable by state, and a number of other features. Unfortunately, my readers want to see a monthly calendar view - not a spreadsheet... so... Worksheet 2 shows a monthly calendar view, with a drop down list to select the Month and Year, and one to select a single State. ...

Request: Checking XsltArgumentList for item presence
Hello! I would like to request a new method on the XsltArgumentList class, allowing developers to check the presense of a key/value pair. If you try to add a key/value pair that has already been defined in the list, an exception is thrown. Rather than using the "GetParam" method, it would be usefull to have a method called ".Exists" available on the XsltArgumentList. I think this allows for cleaner and more readable code. Or, perhaps even better - an overloaded "AddParam" that allows you to force an existing key/value pair to be overridden with a new value. Ima...

Moving items from one department to another in bulk.
We would like to merge all items in department "A" to be in department 'B". What is the query wording for this task. Thank you, ...

Outlook error: This item cannot be displayed in the preview pane.
In the inbox when I have an email highlighted, I get a "This item cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its contents." When I double click to open the email, I get, "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I tried reopeing Outlook and rebooting the computer. Has someone seen this before. I tried the detect and repair, and that did not help. This all happend when I installed Mircosoft FAX. I don't know if this caused the issue or not, but it happend the same time....

Handling foreach ($item in $null)

Importing new Items in bulk
I've got a CSV with 400 new items. Be damned if I'm going to manually enter them one by one. I am quite comfortable with SQL scripting and VB so I was thinking of writing a simple CSV-to-Items-Table program. Are there any dependancies or relationships I should consider before just tossing 400 new items into the items table? They won't be getting suppliers right away (I have a tool for adding suppliers en masse anyways) so that's a non-issue. All the new items will be atomic units (ie: no kits or assemblies) so that, too, is a non-issue. I'm just afraid of breaking somethin...

store item quantity
hi can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store in hq database. thanks ItemDynamics -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6817D99-2062-43A8-9CC4-65D7EB17360B@microsoft.com... > hi > can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store > in > hq database. > thanks thank you ryan ,i got it "Ryan @ R...

Inventory Wizard in RMS should generate an audit log.
We would like to see an audit log generated when using the Inventory Wizard. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=47119c46-961a-4da7-b988-bd3d575fc4de&dg=micr...

Outlook crashes when an Notes Item is Open
Help!!! Outlook 2000 crashes when I open A note item. This happens after I installed Hummingbird DM5.1 and Blackberry 3.6. We installed the latest SP for All apps, but the error keeps comming back. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Need help backing up OL2002 items (or folders)
HELP says: "If you want to create a folder to which you can drag items for safekeeping or to distribute to another computer. Create a new data file (.pst) and drag items to it. If you used the default name for the folder when you created the data file, the folder will be called Personal Folders . In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.), drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL...

Item in account will not show in budget.
My wife's social security income will not show in budget - actual. I assign the item to an income category (wife SS) yet it will not show in the budget actual column - it stays 0. ? thanks for ant help Hald I had the same thing happen. If you just started using money or the social security income is a new addition, meaning you never have entered it into money before, or if the transaction happened before the 1st of the month it won't show up. For the last one you have to adjust the setting at the top (the drop down box) for the time period you want to view. For the others you ...

Public Folders and Moving Items
When I drag a mail item between different Public Folders, it copies the item instead of moving the item. If you select MOVE TO FOLDER, it will move it correctly. Is there a way to use drag and drop for moving items? Thanks. ...

Item Dynamic table size
Hello,e I've been doing some cleaning in our HQ db on items that are no longer sold in our locations. I've had success in deleting the appropriate items however I noticed that our item dynamic table is quite large, over 2,000,000 rows. Is there an sql script available to update the Item Dynamic table based on the Items in the Item table? Thanks in adavance Joe This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01CA9A95.F6339260 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Joe, Bad idea to de...

Item look up
I like to how can take of ITEM LOOK UP CODE from reciept because It is getting too croweded. I do'tn know how. Any one can help ? Go to CustomerSource or, if you're an RMS reseller, Partnersource, and go to the Download Reports area and download the Quicksell type receipt format. I believe that leaves out the itemlookupcode. Rick Brown DataBasics "Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FCD46DF-4284-4AB5-A25C-7D25FFFD590A@microsoft.com... >I like to how can take of ITEM LOOK UP CODE from reciept because It is > getting too croweded. ...