different budget categories for single account

We have two budget ID defined on our GP: Budget10 and Budget10 frx.

I need to check the budget amount for the account lets say 11-222-333
account. Which categories should I use or is there any way to tell which
categories it is using for budget calculation.

The account exists in both budget categories.

Not quite sure what you are asking.  In what window or report are you
checking the Budget amount?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Are you using Budget feature?
Hello guys, are you using Budget un Money? what for? what would you like changed/improved in it? thanks, Vadim Rapp Not much. It's too broken and limited by insistence that scheduled items must be in budget. Most of its problems stem from trying to make that work well. I'd use it more for comparing actuals to budget and doing variance analysis. If all Advanced budget allowed me to do was set category budgets by arbitrary time period as average values or discrete values and then support all the variance reporting, I'd be happy as a clam. I don't need Budget Groups--...

Account balance table?
Does anyone know if there is a table in Great Plains that contains the life-to-date balance for balance sheet accounts? I can obtain the debits and credits for balance sheet accounts which gives me the activity for a period, but what I really need is a simple way to pull the life-to-date balances. For example, if I'm in period 5 of 2004, I need to pull all my balance sheet account balances at that point in time. Thanks ...

Merge different queries
Hello all, I have two tables where I enter my stock trades as well as foreign exchange (FX) trades. The two tables contain different fields as the trading instruments require different entries. I then created two seperated queries in order to calculate the profit from each stock and each FX trade. I need two queries as the calculations are different, too. Now, I would like to merge the two queries in order to see my overall profit and losses no matter if the trade is a stock or FX trade. That is, in the final query I would like to see the trade ID (which is the primary key in eac...

different pages on each sheet in publisher?
I am trying to do wedding invitations, each page is 3.5 x 7.50, 3.5 x 7.75 and 3.5 x 8. How can I put one of each of these on the page? Also, How can I do tear off reply cards and have the guests names and quantity invited on each one? These are 3.5 x 8.25. Thank you On the three pages sizes, set separate files for each page making three like pages per sheet of paper. On the last page, the one with the tear off reply, you didn't say what size page it was being torn off; if it's an 8.5 x 11 just make it the bottom 3.5 inches. Seems you will be using a paper cutter extensive...

Investment account not in transaction list
I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts does not include the new one. Yet everywhere else in Money (account list, etc) the new account does appear. What gives? Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "AH UK user" <AH UK user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I >try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts >does not include the new ...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

Print several pages to single paper
Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same page separated only with the OneNote page title? Thanks Deejay wrote: > Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of > paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same > page separated only with the OneNote page title? No, there is no such option. Rainald ...

Putting a different character in a cell
Okay here is the problem: We are setting up an Excel worksheet to figure out productivity of employees. I am able to set up a cell to average another range of cells. Example would be that Cell J3 will average Cells C3 - I3 (=AVERAGE(C3:I3)). Now I have two questions... Is there a way to make Excel put a character in Cell J3 where the formula is instead of a blank cell OR even better I would like to create another worksheet that will take MULTIPLE cells linked to the first worksheet with the average formula in it to then do -another- average of the cells if there is information in the cells. A...

charting a single changing DDE cell
I have a spreadsheet that captures real time stock data via a DDE link. The cell captures the last price of a stock as it changes over time. Can you chart that changing cell as the day progresses. Maybe capture the data and then chart it or a macro which plots that cell every minute? Bob You would need to capture the value of that changing cell periodically in a growing table, possibly in a different sheet. For example, every time you update it via the DDE, you could run a code that copies the value of the cell to the last row of the table. Use a dynamic chart to plot the values in t...

Duplicate Payee Names for Credit Card Accounts
My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that I select the correct payee account when entering payments. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=65. "Bill Kendrick" <wg_kendr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OIEoIHeOEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay > electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that > I select the correct payee account when entering payments. > > ...

What different in VC ?
There are three kind of project in VC .net . What different in MFC , Win32 and .Net ? A test? There are lots of kinds of projects based on language. Within MFC you can do Console, Windows, or DLL projects and more. MFC is a front end for the Win32 SDK and some .Net. Tom "Sloan" <sloan@ms94.url.com.tw> wrote in message news:cerq1m$i38$1@netnews.hinet.net... > There are three kind of project in VC .net . > What different in MFC , Win32 and .Net ? > > VS2003.net offers MFC(a different version) and the traditional projects that existed in VC6. It also offers ...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Version Control
Hello MOSS Community, I have the following situation with MOSS version control: If I checked out the document using the drop down arrow, the comment box did appear when I checked it in. If I opened the document and then clicked the Edit Document Button from the top of the document (Office 2007 only), the comment box did not appear when I checked it back in. I would expect that the same version control dialog box appear regardles the way I open the file. Your help is very appreciated Thanks in advance Mauricio I ...

Spell checker with different versions
We are using (still I know) Office XP with Outlook 2003. Is ther any possibility to enable spell checker within Outlook 2003? Thank you Sascha "Sascha" <Sascha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC578A9D-38CB-4AE5-9E5E-3A197008B998@microsoft.com... > We are using (still I know) Office XP with Outlook 2003. Is ther any > possibility to enable spell checker within Outlook 2003? No. Outlook needs to use Word for the spell check and Outlook 2003 doesn't integrate with Word 2002. Both programs must be from the same Office suite for the...

show Account when composing email
I am using multiple email accounts. Is there a way to show the Account by default when composing an email? Right now, I have to click the Account button to see which one it's using. A new msg uses the default mail acc, a reply uses the acc it was received on And no, you have to select the sending acc if you want to send from a specific acc "bucky3" <bucky3@mail.com> wrote in message news:c821eef5-de6d-4305-b582-21598f3f756e@o9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I am using multiple email accounts. Is there a way to show the Account > by default when composing an email? R...

Dana: A different bug in Solver?
On May 7, 3:34 pm, "Dana DeLouis" <ddelo...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > "Paul Smith" <phh...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > In A1 put =(B3-B4)^2 and in B3 and B4 put 0. Afterwards, > > use Solver to maximize the formula in A1 by changing B3:B4 > > and with the following constraints: > > B3:B4<=1 > > B3:B4>=0 > > The maximum is 1 but Solver founds 0 as the maximum. > > Solver is just quiting early because it got confused when the > starting values in B3:B4 are equal. At least B3:B4 are within their constraints i...

Asset Account Disappeared
I upgraded Money to Money 2005 and now the Asset account that I had setup for my house is not displayed in my account list and is not counted towards my Total Account Balance. If I go to the Loan Account that I have setup for my home loan, there is a link that says "Go to <name of asset account>" and it takes me to the asset account. If I go to the asset account it shows everything correctly and gives me a link to "Go to loan". Is there a way to fix this? ...

FRx Book Code/Attribute Category
In the Column Headings should be able to use a code that picks up the Book Code so one knows what Budget ID the column refers to. This is because it is hardcoded into the report and someone may have changed in Designer and another user may be unaware that the Budget info displayed relates to a prior year etc. Or another alternative would be to specify the Budget ID at run time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If ...

Investment
Money 3000. Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. How can I change that? In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote: >Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. >How can I change that? This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as a fund. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it for each stock. In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing "mutual fund" to something you will never use. L...

Outlook 2000 w/XP
We just got new email service. I have successfully configured every computer in the office with exception to one XP machine; I cannot find option to change email properties. Two other XP machines I navigate "tools-Email accounts". On this particular machine (with outlook 2000 ver 9.0.0.2711) I cannot find similar options....please help. Sincerely, Joe Mangano You may have a Tools > Services command, if so select this and then add a new service of type Internet Email. "JoeMan" <jmangano@naturestonefloors.com> wrote in message news:010f01c3d921$f3baf550$a10...

Single Exchange Server 2003 -- Fault Tolerance???
Ok, I understand we need more than a single exchange server for fault tolerance, but in the scenario I work in, we only have one. That being said, what is the best way I can ensure zero or limited loss of e-mail in case of server failure? Our drives are currently raided so if we lose a drive or two it's no big deal, they will get rebuilt. I completely backup our server nightly, and run an incremental backup of exchange stores, logs, and physical drives that exchange is on every 10 minutes onto a share on the network. Am I doing enough? Or is there a better way? Again, Windows 2003 Ser...

Backup outlook account
Hello. I changed ISP a few months ago, but the email accounts which my former ISP provided are still avalible for me. But now I have to format the harddrive of my computer, and the account information stored in outlook will be erased. Therefore i searched for the paper with account-information for my email-adress, but I cant find it! And I dont want to call my former ISP, cause then they will sureley discover that im using their services without paying for it, and shut all my email-adresses down... So what I'm asking for is a way to store all account information in outlook to a file, whic...

Annual budget
When I print the annual budget, the collum "Budgeted Amount" does not print on the same page as the "Actual Amount" for some months. How can I adjust the collum widths to print the months Actual and Budgeted on the same page? Need help. ...

Copying single byte data in TCHAR
Hi, I am migrating a VC++ application to be Unicode compliant. There is a chunk of code, that is based on some single byte 'char' data. How can I copy that data to a _TCHAR variable ? Thanks and Regards ND "ND" <ND@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:99D5FF21-2FED-4D70-9ADD-4CEC999EEAE1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am migrating a VC++ application to be Unicode compliant. > > There is a chunk of code, that is based on some single byte 'char' > data. > How can I copy that data to a _TCHAR variable ? You have to decide ...

How to reconnect the disconnected mailboxes to another account?
I moved an account mailbox from a Exchange server to another in the same organization, and I want to assign this mailbox to another user. How can I disconnect the mailbox from the old account and connect it to another account in the new Exchange server? Thanks! http://www.suneja.com/blog/2006/03/how-to-reconnect-mailbox-to-another.html -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "jackie.chen" <jackiechen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D745B222-71B6-452C-8EFB-4BCD76F11D4A@microsoft.com....