Dexterity runtime error #2

I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied
over the files but when I click on the shortcut I get a dexterity runtime
error You do not have permission to open this file. Help?

Melissa
0
Melissa (140)

I am sure this is something you have already checked, but I thought it was
worth asking.  Did you happen to check the file permissions where you copied
the files to?  I wonder if the client is not able to open one of the
dictionaries.

"melissa" wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied
> over the files but when I click on the shortcut I get a dexterity runtime
> error You do not have permission to open this file. Help?
>
> Melissa
0
JohnM (106)
8/29/2005 8:43:52 PM
Melissa

What do you mean by "copied over the files"?

Did you do a proper installation of Great Plains?

Also have you manually edited the Dynamics.Set Launch file at all, if this
is damaged it could cause crashing when launching.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"melissa" wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied
> over the files but when I click on the shortcut I get a dexterity runtime
> error You do not have permission to open this file. Help?
>
> Melissa
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)