Dexterity and Sanscript

Hi,

Please could you tell me if this is the correct forum to ask questions about
Sanscript in GP.

If not, please could you direct me to the correct newsgroup.

Thanks,

Craig

0
cchristie (1)

Craig - if you have a specific question, I'd be happy to help.

Regards,
Brenner

"Craig Christie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please could you tell me if this is the correct forum to ask questions about
> Sanscript in GP.
>
> If not, please could you direct me to the correct newsgroup.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

0
bklenzman (99)
3/29/2006 2:19:02 PM
Do you have access to PartnerSource?  There is a developer discussion group
there.

https://members.microsoft.com/Communities/mbspartner/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.private.mbspartner.developer

Or you can ask questions here. There are a number of experienced Dexterity
developers who monitor the discussion groups (including me!!)

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Craig Christie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please could you tell me if this is the correct forum to ask questions about
> Sanscript in GP.
>
> If not, please could you direct me to the correct newsgroup.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

open form with name ( Dexterity )
Couldn't find a Dexterity forum so feel free to move this to a more appropriate group... I'd like the "open form with name" function enhanced so that "return to" can be used when integrating with another 3rd party lookup form... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &qu...

Dexterity scrolling window link table not on the form
Dear all , I have a dexterity customized form containing a scrolling window and both the form and the scrolling window are link to the same tabel, but after installing the chunk and try to open my form i receive "scrolling window link table not on the form" error message. Thanks for your help. Regards Try the following: One common situation is not attaching the file that the scrolling window is auto-linked to onto the form where the scrolling window resides. Another situation causing the "Link file not found on scrolling window" message to appear may be due to ...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

Dexterity Components & GPConnNet.dll
Greetings & thanks in advance for taking a moment to review my issue. I am attempting to deploy SP3 for GP 10 on a number of my workstations. We don't allow users to operate as local administrators, so the standard process to push updates via MSP packages doesn't cut it for us. My typical process is to build the standard MSI installation image using the tools on the GP installation DVD, deploy that package via Group Policy as a base installation, then use a few additional custom MSI packages for little tweaks (copy an updated dictionary file, put shortcuts where my users wa...

Dexterity #3
Hi I am new Dexterity can anybody tell me how can I get the all customerid from RM00101 to combo box or list box Regards Thiru Thiru, Due to dexterity limitations, you cannot fill comboxes on the fly, comboboxes data has to be static, you will have to use lookups instead. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Thirumal" wrote: > Hi > > I am new Dexterity can anybody tell me how can I...

Dexterity new window
Hi We have total 30 companies hence made small cusomisation using dextetrity to open and close the period. It is working fine and the conecton strings used in the dexteririty still remain in master database. Could you please help us how to clear the same. ...

Webservice Function Library in Dexterity
With the new version of Great Plains nearly apon us. I think it would be useful to add functionality to Dexterity to allow developers to call/reference web services directly. In the same way as you have a COM_ libarary. Perhaps a WEBSERVICES_ library would also be useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Dexterity
Hello I have a script that fetches the installed dynamics path at run time and deletes the current product (3rd party) dictionary if exists in the dynamics installed path. This script is called in the starting script of the chunk creation process. I would like to know if the path of installed dynamics is available during the Pre Chunk Process as it seems to be not displaying the dynamics installed path in the warning. However the same script works if I call it from the Startup script. Thanks Mercy P Thomas Mercy This is something you will need to test. As that script runs before a...

Dexterity Runtime Error in Great Plains
After years of smooth operations, nobody can log into Great Plains. We are getting a Dexterity Runtime Error before the login screen appears. Does anyone have any suggestions? What exactly is the entire error message? Can you log into GP directly on the server? What version and service pack of GP? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "CStubin" <CStubin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CD176F9-0AED-4F38-89D1-1941FD50E00E@microsoft.com... > After years of smooth operations, nobody can log into Great Plains. We > are >...

Dexterity Runtime error after SP2 on 1 workstation
We have one work station that is receiving the Dexterity Runtime error: "The PM_Mass_Voucher_Save_Buttong trigger is not registered" We login a couple of times then it's ok. Has any one else seen this problem? Do you have any third party products installed? It sounds like SP2 caused one of them to stop working properly. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Glen" wrote: > We have one work station that is receiving ...

Add Menu Using Dexterity
I have been using Dexterity lately to try and satisfy some of my client requests. One of the common requests is to access custom windows using the Main Menu located at the top of the Great Plains application. I have been working through the example located in the IG manual, but I must be missing something. All my scripts compile and the trigger registration seems to be working. I checked the status being returned from the AddCommandToMenu calls, and each is being returned successfully. However, when I run Great Plains (from test mode), the menu items I have added are never displ...

GP 7.5 "Dexterity Runtime Execution Engine"
We have a GP7.5 with SQL server 2000 and 6 workstations with client only GP 7.5. Starting from this morning, no one can login into GP7.5 from the workstation PCs. Users are getting "Dexterity Runtime Execution Engine" . At this point GP7.5 is only usable from the main server. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks Bulat Was this configuration working previously? What has changed recently? Have you installed anything into the Great Plains system or anything at all onto the workstations? David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Pl...

Conditional Compilation in Dexterity
Hello to all, We're builduing a product for Great Plains that has to be supported in versions 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, and 9.0, and there are some dexterity scripts that should be included or not depending on the version. Is there a way to include conditional compilation statements so we can have only one source code file with all the scripts but that it only compiles the correct ones depending on the version? -- Best regards, Sergio Romero Look up "script preprocessor" in the help files. I've never used it myself, but here's a quote from the help file: You can use spec...

Dexterity runtime error when sending to PDF
One of our users has started receiving an error message when she prints a report to screen, then tries to send it to PDF or text. Then GP crash exits on her. The error message is "Dexterity Runtime has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." We are on GP 9.0 SP2. She's using Adobe Acrobat 8 professional. Any clues on how to resolve this? Thanks. You probably have a print driver that is not compatible with Great Plains. Try a different printer or computer till you find a solution. Note generally older drivers seem to work bett...

creating a shortcut window in Dexterity 9
How to create a shortcut form? Is the shortcut window is a dex form? If so please give me the source code to create this form in Dexterity. syScBarObj is the form name.It is in Dynamics runtime dictionary provided by microsoft Great Plains Business Solutions. I need the source code for creating the form and its procedures in dex and also materials related to shortcut window. Consult the SDK for Dynamics GP. It has details on how to work with the Shortcut Bar. Regards, Brenner "vimal" wrote: > How to create a shortcut form? Is the shortcut window is a dex form? If so &...

9.0 new install on Vista
Vista Business edition new box. already have GP10.0 installed and running. Install GP9.00 off original CD and when launch DynUtils get error "Dexterity Runtime has stopped working" Details below. Already have sp1 of Net 1.1. Any ideas? Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Dynamics.exe Application Version: 9.0.63.0 Application Timestamp: 4341a8bb Fault Module Name: GPDWIN32.dll_unloaded Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 43664f4f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 04a00364 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6 Locale ID: ...

Import Excel to GP table using Dexterity
Hello all, Does anyone knows how to import excel datas in to GP table using Dexterity? If possible provide any sample code for this. Regards, Prakash Prakash, You should be able to read a file name with the SanScript GetFile function and define a Data Type as Reference, using a Reference Type of COM Object, and defining the COM Object Type as Excel.Application object. I do not have any samples at this time, but I am sure you can figure it out with the Dexterity Programmer's Guide. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http:/...

dexterity utilities crashing
When I try to record a macro while opening a dictionary in dexterity utilities version 8, it crashes. Anybody else have this problem? -- jarn ...

Dexterity and Source Code Control
I just successfully updated an application from version 7.5 to 9.0 using the Developer Update functionality in Dexterity Utilities. This is much easier than the hassle of steps required for source code control. The chunkfile I created, for Small Business Financials, successfully launches and there don't appear to be any problems. What is the downside if I stick with the much simpler process of 'developer update' versus 'source code control.' In the past, I have had lots of problems with DSSC. I have never had a problem with 'developer update.' The proces...

Sanscript (Dexterity) to .Net assembly ???
Hello All, I require an idea. My company has purchased 3rd party application that is the customized application designed on dexterity 9. Now, due to the maintenance issue (less people of having knowledge of san-script) my company wants me to transfer all the code of the dexterity (san-script) to .Net assembly (COM). Just User Interface and calling code of .Net assembly will be inside dexterity is acceptable. My questions are: 1) Is it possible to transfer all the code from dex. to .net including saving/retrieving data from DB; all field level validations; Grid filling etc. 2...

Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript Library
After upgrading to GP 10 we encounter an error message when trying to import a flat file . "DOC 1 ERROR" Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript Library. Intergration Failed" This ran successfully before our upgrade. Thanks in advance for your help. GIVTI, Reinstalling Integration Manager will fix this issue, it seems that the Dynamics.DLL missed its windows registration. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.co...

Problems Reprinting Checks
Hi, Yesterday while trying to reprint a series of checks we got a Dexterity Runtime Error and the Great Plains program shut down. After rebooting, we recovered the batch, but still got the error when trying to re-print the checks. We tried printing on a different machine and got the runtime error as well (albeit in a slightly different spot). We have tried to void the checks. This morning we get an error message, "This batch cannot be edited. Please verify the batch status using the Batch IDs window." First newbie question, what is and how do I get to a Batch ID window? Second...

What is dexterity?
I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2000. What is dexterity, what does it do? Anyone got a short but accurate answer? -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Bruce, It is the original Great Plains development environment. Read C+ (that's a + less than C++ and also not quite object orientated (by a long way)). Orginally built by Great Plains Software as a cross platform (Windows and Mac) development platform, it is the what the Great Plains core modules are devloped in. Cheers. R. "Bruce Elniski" wrote: > I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2...

Help needed on Dexterity utilities
Hi all, Plz provide me complete information regarding usage of integrated appilication with GP. I was struck up at scripts part in Auto-chunk process.I am not able to write a procedure as no procedure was displaying when I clicked the look-up button. Thanx in advance. Regs, Kiran. Kiran You can leave the Starting and Ending Installation scripts empty. They can be used to execute a global procedure before or after the un-chunking process during the installation. They were handy on the non SQL platforms to perform setup functions. However, they are not used as much...

Using the Dexterity IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
HI: Where does the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) get loaded, on the MSSQL server, or the client pc? Thanks, Janieb Dexterity is installed on a development machine -- that can be a client computer. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "janieb" wrote: > HI: > > Where does the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) get loaded, on the > MSSQL server, or the client pc? > > Thanks, > > Jan...