DEX_SESSION and/or DEX_LOCK missing after restart?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 8.0. I 
could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.

I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs to be 
reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it appears to 
be corrected.

My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created? TempDB 
gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get rebuilt? Why now 
that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be recurring?

Thanks,

Morgan 


0
abcd4010 (60)
6/23/2005 1:11:26 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

10 Replies
1695 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server is 
restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for over 2 
years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed on the 
server was install of the security fixes MS just published.

"Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message 
news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 8.0. 
> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>
> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs to 
> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it appears 
> to be corrected.
>
> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created? TempDB 
> gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get rebuilt? Why now 
> that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be recurring?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morgan
> 


0
abcd4010 (60)
6/23/2005 3:00:02 PM
Morgan,

I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for that 
matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What account 
is used for the SQL Server service?

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains


"Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message 
news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server is 
> restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for over 2 
> years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed on the 
> server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>
> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>
>> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 8.0. 
>> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>>
>> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs to 
>> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it 
>> appears to be corrected.
>>
>> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created? 
>> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get rebuilt? 
>> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be recurring?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Morgan
>>
>
> 


0
victoria (3340)
6/24/2005 9:09:33 AM
Hi Victoria,

It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically run
when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures. I've
got an incident open with MBS on this.

The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was applying
the lastest patches from MS.

Thanks,

Morgan

Victoria [MVP] wrote:
> Morgan,
>
> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for that
> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What account
> is used for the SQL Server service?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>
>
> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server is
> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for over 2
> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed on the
> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
> >
> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
> >>
> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 8.0.
> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
> >>
> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs to
> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it
> >> appears to be corrected.
> >>
> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created?
> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get rebuilt?
> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be recurring?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Morgan
> >>
> >
> >

0
6/24/2005 12:46:53 PM
Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure both the 
server and the agent to use the Local System account to make sure there will 
be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you have set.  Please 
post what the result of the support incident is here once you get it 
resolved.

Thanks,

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains


"Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Victoria,
>
> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically run
> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures. I've
> got an incident open with MBS on this.
>
> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was applying
> the lastest patches from MS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morgan
>
> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>> Morgan,
>>
>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for that
>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What 
>> account
>> is used for the SQL Server service?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>
>>
>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server is
>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for over 2
>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed on 
>> > the
>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>> >
>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
>> >>
>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 
>> >> 8.0.
>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>> >>
>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs 
>> >> to
>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it
>> >> appears to be corrected.
>> >>
>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created?
>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get 
>> >> rebuilt?
>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be 
>> >> recurring?
>> >>
>> >> Thanks,
>> >>
>> >> Morgan
>> >>
>> >
>> >
> 


0
victoria (3340)
6/24/2005 2:36:16 PM
Hi Victoria,

We use domain accounts on both services. We like to be able to 
backup/restore from network drives, so we use domain accounts to accomodate 
this.

I restarted the SQL Server today and the tables were not present once again. 
I can work around this by putting the tables in the Model database since SQL 
Server uses this database as the template when it recreatesTempDB. I don't 
want to do this because if it suddenly starts working then we'll end up 
chasing other errors. I going to call MBS support back on Monday and see if 
they can escalate this over to the SQL Server group since this appears to be 
an issue with SQL Server and not GP.

Thanks once again.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message 
news:%23N3kkoMeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure both the 
> server and the agent to use the Local System account to make sure there 
> will be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you have set. 
> Please post what the result of the support incident is here once you get 
> it resolved.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- 
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>
>
> "Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Hi Victoria,
>>
>> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically run
>> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
>> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures. I've
>> got an incident open with MBS on this.
>>
>> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
>> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was applying
>> the lastest patches from MS.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Morgan
>>
>> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>>> Morgan,
>>>
>>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for that
>>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What 
>>> account
>>> is used for the SQL Server service?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Victoria Yudin
>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>>
>>>
>>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server 
>>> > is
>>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for over 
>>> > 2
>>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed on 
>>> > the
>>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>>> >
>>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>> >>
>>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 
>>> >> 8.0.
>>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>>> >>
>>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs 
>>> >> to
>>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it
>>> >> appears to be corrected.
>>> >>
>>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created?
>>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get 
>>> >> rebuilt?
>>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be 
>>> >> recurring?
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks,
>>> >>
>>> >> Morgan
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>
>
> 


0
6/24/2005 11:22:04 PM
Hi

Did you migrate your database's from an old server to the current one in 
pass?  It could be that the Model DB does not have GP tables in if you 
migrated the data?

-- 
Regards

James[MVP]
Visit MBS Blog Central

http://mbscentral.blogs.com

"Morgan" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message 
news:OCPDEOReFHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi Victoria,
>
> We use domain accounts on both services. We like to be able to 
> backup/restore from network drives, so we use domain accounts to 
> accomodate this.
>
> I restarted the SQL Server today and the tables were not present once 
> again. I can work around this by putting the tables in the Model database 
> since SQL Server uses this database as the template when it 
> recreatesTempDB. I don't want to do this because if it suddenly starts 
> working then we'll end up chasing other errors. I going to call MBS 
> support back on Monday and see if they can escalate this over to the SQL 
> Server group since this appears to be an issue with SQL Server and not GP.
>
> Thanks once again.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23N3kkoMeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure both the 
>> server and the agent to use the Local System account to make sure there 
>> will be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you have set. 
>> Please post what the result of the support incident is here once you get 
>> it resolved.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- 
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>
>>
>> "Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>> Hi Victoria,
>>>
>>> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically run
>>> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
>>> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures. I've
>>> got an incident open with MBS on this.
>>>
>>> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
>>> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was applying
>>> the lastest patches from MS.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Morgan
>>>
>>> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>>>> Morgan,
>>>>
>>>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for 
>>>> that
>>>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What 
>>>> account
>>>> is used for the SQL Server service?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Victoria Yudin
>>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server 
>>>> > is
>>>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for over 
>>>> > 2
>>>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed on 
>>>> > the
>>>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>>>> >
>>>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 
>>>> >> 8.0.
>>>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file 
>>>> >> needs to
>>>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it
>>>> >> appears to be corrected.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created?
>>>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get 
>>>> >> rebuilt?
>>>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be 
>>>> >> recurring?
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Thanks,
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Morgan
>>>> >>
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
6/27/2005 11:45:08 AM
Hi James,

No, the only thing that changed was applying the lastest security fixes via 
Windows update. No migration, etc. I received an email from MBS support 
indicating they were going to try and escalate it to the SQL Server group. 
Will post any results once resolved.


"James[MVP for MS Great Plains]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in 
message news:uChjt2weFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Did you migrate your database's from an old server to the current one in 
> pass?  It could be that the Model DB does not have GP tables in if you 
> migrated the data?
>
> -- 
> Regards
>
> James[MVP]
> Visit MBS Blog Central
>
> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>
> "Morgan" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message 
> news:OCPDEOReFHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Victoria,
>>
>> We use domain accounts on both services. We like to be able to 
>> backup/restore from network drives, so we use domain accounts to 
>> accomodate this.
>>
>> I restarted the SQL Server today and the tables were not present once 
>> again. I can work around this by putting the tables in the Model database 
>> since SQL Server uses this database as the template when it 
>> recreatesTempDB. I don't want to do this because if it suddenly starts 
>> working then we'll end up chasing other errors. I going to call MBS 
>> support back on Monday and see if they can escalate this over to the SQL 
>> Server group since this appears to be an issue with SQL Server and not 
>> GP.
>>
>> Thanks once again.
>>
>> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23N3kkoMeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure both 
>>> the server and the agent to use the Local System account to make sure 
>>> there will be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you have 
>>> set. Please post what the result of the support incident is here once 
>>> you get it resolved.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Victoria Yudin
>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>>
>>>
>>> "Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>>> Hi Victoria,
>>>>
>>>> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically run
>>>> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
>>>> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures. I've
>>>> got an incident open with MBS on this.
>>>>
>>>> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
>>>> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was applying
>>>> the lastest patches from MS.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Morgan
>>>>
>>>> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>>>>> Morgan,
>>>>>
>>>>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for 
>>>>> that
>>>>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What 
>>>>> account
>>>>> is used for the SQL Server service?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Victoria Yudin
>>>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the server 
>>>>> > is
>>>>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for 
>>>>> > over 2
>>>>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed 
>>>>> > on the
>>>>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>>>>> >
>>>>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>>>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great 
>>>>> >> Plains 8.0.
>>>>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file 
>>>>> >> needs to
>>>>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it
>>>>> >> appears to be corrected.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created?
>>>>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get 
>>>>> >> rebuilt?
>>>>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be 
>>>>> >> recurring?
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Thanks,
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Morgan
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >
>>>>> >
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
abcd4010 (60)
6/27/2005 1:11:32 PM
Morgan,

Since version 7.5 of Great Plains, when you log on as 'sa' it will check
that a stored procedure exists in the master database that will create the
DEX_LOCK and DEX_SESSION tables in the tempdb on restart

The stored procedure you are looking for is: smDEX_Build_locks
This stored procedure is located in the master database!

You also need to check that this stored procedure is marked as a startup
stored proc.
Finally check that the stored proc is owned by 'sa'/'dbo' and has execute
permission

If you do not have it, firstly try successfully logging into Great Plains as
'sa'
If that does not succeed, extract the stored proc from the LOCKS.SQL

Once you have done so, stop and restart the SQL server service.
1. Check that the stored proc is still present in the master database
2. Check the SQL Server logs has an entry that reads
    "Launched startup procedure 'smDex_Build_Locks' "

If that is all good, you should be back on track!


As for the question "Why has it stopped working? "
Have you recently moved SQL servers?
Has someone being 'cleaning' up the master database?


Robert


"Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
news:%23KYwNnxeFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi James,
>
> No, the only thing that changed was applying the lastest security fixes
via
> Windows update. No migration, etc. I received an email from MBS support
> indicating they were going to try and escalate it to the SQL Server group.
> Will post any results once resolved.
>
>
> "James[MVP for MS Great Plains]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:uChjt2weFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > Hi
> >
> > Did you migrate your database's from an old server to the current one in
> > pass?  It could be that the Model DB does not have GP tables in if you
> > migrated the data?
> >
> > -- 
> > Regards
> >
> > James[MVP]
> > Visit MBS Blog Central
> >
> > http://mbscentral.blogs.com
> >
> > "Morgan" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> > news:OCPDEOReFHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi Victoria,
> >>
> >> We use domain accounts on both services. We like to be able to
> >> backup/restore from network drives, so we use domain accounts to
> >> accomodate this.
> >>
> >> I restarted the SQL Server today and the tables were not present once
> >> again. I can work around this by putting the tables in the Model
database
> >> since SQL Server uses this database as the template when it
> >> recreatesTempDB. I don't want to do this because if it suddenly starts
> >> working then we'll end up chasing other errors. I going to call MBS
> >> support back on Monday and see if they can escalate this over to the
SQL
> >> Server group since this appears to be an issue with SQL Server and not
> >> GP.
> >>
> >> Thanks once again.
> >>
> >> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> >> news:%23N3kkoMeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >>> Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure both
> >>> the server and the agent to use the Local System account to make sure
> >>> there will be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you have
> >>> set. Please post what the result of the support incident is here once
> >>> you get it resolved.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>>
> >>> -- 
> >>> Victoria Yudin
> >>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> "Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>> news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >>>> Hi Victoria,
> >>>>
> >>>> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically
run
> >>>> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
> >>>> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures.
I've
> >>>> got an incident open with MBS on this.
> >>>>
> >>>> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
> >>>> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was
applying
> >>>> the lastest patches from MS.
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks,
> >>>>
> >>>> Morgan
> >>>>
> >>>> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
> >>>>> Morgan,
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for
> >>>>> that
> >>>>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What
> >>>>> account
> >>>>> is used for the SQL Server service?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> --
> >>>>> Victoria Yudin
> >>>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> >>>>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >>>>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the
server
> >>>>> > is
> >>>>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for
> >>>>> > over 2
> >>>>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that changed
> >>>>> > on the
> >>>>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> >>>>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >>>>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
> >>>>> >>
> >>>>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great
> >>>>> >> Plains 8.0.
> >>>>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
> >>>>> >>
> >>>>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file
> >>>>> >> needs to
> >>>>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least
it
> >>>>> >> appears to be corrected.
> >>>>> >>
> >>>>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically
re-created?
> >>>>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get
> >>>>> >> rebuilt?
> >>>>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be
> >>>>> >> recurring?
> >>>>> >>
> >>>>> >> Thanks,
> >>>>> >>
> >>>>> >> Morgan
> >>>>> >>
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> >
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
6/28/2005 9:56:55 AM
The following KB article for SQL Server fixed our problem. It wasn't until I 
attempted to look at job log history that we were able to take the error # 
and find a solution.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303287

I don't recall what the settings on the SQL Server were prior to this, but 
the Fiber mode was turned on before I reconfigured SQL Server to disable it.

Also, the SQL Server Agent looked like it was running(icon was green), but 
it was not. I don't verify existence of files in my backup locations, I just 
peruse the job logs and check for failures. There were no failures because 
SQL Server Agent was in effect not running. Scary because I haven't had 
backups for a week...

All of the other settings were configured correctly for auto-start of the 
procedure, etc. That is what made this so difficult to diagnose. Note that 
this behavior started after applying the latest security fixes; that was the 
only thing that was modified on this box prior to experiencing these issues.

In the KB article, I see that MS has this still listed as a bug and not 
fixed in any Service Packs, that is disturbing because it has been open 
since 2003.

Thanks Victoria, James & Robert for taking the time to try and diagnose this 
problem.


"Robert C" <rcavill_nospam@n0spam.au.eclipsecomputing.com> wrote in message 
news:%23iWKFd8eFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Morgan,
>
> Since version 7.5 of Great Plains, when you log on as 'sa' it will check
> that a stored procedure exists in the master database that will create the
> DEX_LOCK and DEX_SESSION tables in the tempdb on restart
>
> The stored procedure you are looking for is: smDEX_Build_locks
> This stored procedure is located in the master database!
>
> You also need to check that this stored procedure is marked as a startup
> stored proc.
> Finally check that the stored proc is owned by 'sa'/'dbo' and has execute
> permission
>
> If you do not have it, firstly try successfully logging into Great Plains 
> as
> 'sa'
> If that does not succeed, extract the stored proc from the LOCKS.SQL
>
> Once you have done so, stop and restart the SQL server service.
> 1. Check that the stored proc is still present in the master database
> 2. Check the SQL Server logs has an entry that reads
>    "Launched startup procedure 'smDex_Build_Locks' "
>
> If that is all good, you should be back on track!
>
>
> As for the question "Why has it stopped working? "
> Have you recently moved SQL servers?
> Has someone being 'cleaning' up the master database?
>
>
> Robert
>
>
> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> news:%23KYwNnxeFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi James,
>>
>> No, the only thing that changed was applying the lastest security fixes
> via
>> Windows update. No migration, etc. I received an email from MBS support
>> indicating they were going to try and escalate it to the SQL Server 
>> group.
>> Will post any results once resolved.
>>
>>
>> "James[MVP for MS Great Plains]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:uChjt2weFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Did you migrate your database's from an old server to the current one 
>> > in
>> > pass?  It could be that the Model DB does not have GP tables in if you
>> > migrated the data?
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > James[MVP]
>> > Visit MBS Blog Central
>> >
>> > http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>> >
>> > "Morgan" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
>> > news:OCPDEOReFHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> >> Hi Victoria,
>> >>
>> >> We use domain accounts on both services. We like to be able to
>> >> backup/restore from network drives, so we use domain accounts to
>> >> accomodate this.
>> >>
>> >> I restarted the SQL Server today and the tables were not present once
>> >> again. I can work around this by putting the tables in the Model
> database
>> >> since SQL Server uses this database as the template when it
>> >> recreatesTempDB. I don't want to do this because if it suddenly starts
>> >> working then we'll end up chasing other errors. I going to call MBS
>> >> support back on Monday and see if they can escalate this over to the
> SQL
>> >> Server group since this appears to be an issue with SQL Server and not
>> >> GP.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks once again.
>> >>
>> >> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:%23N3kkoMeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> >>> Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure both
>> >>> the server and the agent to use the Local System account to make sure
>> >>> there will be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you 
>> >>> have
>> >>> set. Please post what the result of the support incident is here once
>> >>> you get it resolved.
>> >>>
>> >>> Thanks,
>> >>>
>> >>> -- 
>> >>> Victoria Yudin
>> >>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> "Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >>> news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> >>>> Hi Victoria,
>> >>>>
>> >>>> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically
> run
>> >>>> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
>> >>>> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures.
> I've
>> >>>> got an incident open with MBS on this.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
>> >>>> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was
> applying
>> >>>> the lastest patches from MS.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Thanks,
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Morgan
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>> >>>>> Morgan,
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version for
>> >>>>> that
>> >>>>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What
>> >>>>> account
>> >>>>> is used for the SQL Server service?
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> --
>> >>>>> Victoria Yudin
>> >>>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> >>>>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> >>>>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the
> server
>> >>>>> > is
>> >>>>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for
>> >>>>> > over 2
>> >>>>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that 
>> >>>>> > changed
>> >>>>> > on the
>> >>>>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>> >>>>> >
>> >>>>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> >>>>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> >>>>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
>> >>>>> >>
>> >>>>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great
>> >>>>> >> Plains 8.0.
>> >>>>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>> >>>>> >>
>> >>>>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file
>> >>>>> >> needs to
>> >>>>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least
> it
>> >>>>> >> appears to be corrected.
>> >>>>> >>
>> >>>>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically
> re-created?
>> >>>>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get
>> >>>>> >> rebuilt?
>> >>>>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be
>> >>>>> >> recurring?
>> >>>>> >>
>> >>>>> >> Thanks,
>> >>>>> >>
>> >>>>> >> Morgan
>> >>>>> >>
>> >>>>> >
>> >>>>> >
>> >>>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
6/29/2005 12:03:05 AM
Morgan,

Glad you got it resolved!  Thanks for updating us on the issue - it will 
help us in the future, I'm sure.

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains


"Morgan" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message 
news:u97ds3DfFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> The following KB article for SQL Server fixed our problem. It wasn't until 
> I attempted to look at job log history that we were able to take the error 
> # and find a solution.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303287
>
> I don't recall what the settings on the SQL Server were prior to this, but 
> the Fiber mode was turned on before I reconfigured SQL Server to disable 
> it.
>
> Also, the SQL Server Agent looked like it was running(icon was green), but 
> it was not. I don't verify existence of files in my backup locations, I 
> just peruse the job logs and check for failures. There were no failures 
> because SQL Server Agent was in effect not running. Scary because I 
> haven't had backups for a week...
>
> All of the other settings were configured correctly for auto-start of the 
> procedure, etc. That is what made this so difficult to diagnose. Note that 
> this behavior started after applying the latest security fixes; that was 
> the only thing that was modified on this box prior to experiencing these 
> issues.
>
> In the KB article, I see that MS has this still listed as a bug and not 
> fixed in any Service Packs, that is disturbing because it has been open 
> since 2003.
>
> Thanks Victoria, James & Robert for taking the time to try and diagnose 
> this problem.
>
>
> "Robert C" <rcavill_nospam@n0spam.au.eclipsecomputing.com> wrote in 
> message news:%23iWKFd8eFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Morgan,
>>
>> Since version 7.5 of Great Plains, when you log on as 'sa' it will check
>> that a stored procedure exists in the master database that will create 
>> the
>> DEX_LOCK and DEX_SESSION tables in the tempdb on restart
>>
>> The stored procedure you are looking for is: smDEX_Build_locks
>> This stored procedure is located in the master database!
>>
>> You also need to check that this stored procedure is marked as a startup
>> stored proc.
>> Finally check that the stored proc is owned by 'sa'/'dbo' and has execute
>> permission
>>
>> If you do not have it, firstly try successfully logging into Great Plains 
>> as
>> 'sa'
>> If that does not succeed, extract the stored proc from the LOCKS.SQL
>>
>> Once you have done so, stop and restart the SQL server service.
>> 1. Check that the stored proc is still present in the master database
>> 2. Check the SQL Server logs has an entry that reads
>>    "Launched startup procedure 'smDex_Build_Locks' "
>>
>> If that is all good, you should be back on track!
>>
>>
>> As for the question "Why has it stopped working? "
>> Have you recently moved SQL servers?
>> Has someone being 'cleaning' up the master database?
>>
>>
>> Robert
>>
>>
>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23KYwNnxeFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi James,
>>>
>>> No, the only thing that changed was applying the lastest security fixes
>> via
>>> Windows update. No migration, etc. I received an email from MBS support
>>> indicating they were going to try and escalate it to the SQL Server 
>>> group.
>>> Will post any results once resolved.
>>>
>>>
>>> "James[MVP for MS Great Plains]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:uChjt2weFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> > Hi
>>> >
>>> > Did you migrate your database's from an old server to the current one 
>>> > in
>>> > pass?  It could be that the Model DB does not have GP tables in if you
>>> > migrated the data?
>>> >
>>> > -- 
>>> > Regards
>>> >
>>> > James[MVP]
>>> > Visit MBS Blog Central
>>> >
>>> > http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>>> >
>>> > "Morgan" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
>>> > news:OCPDEOReFHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> >> Hi Victoria,
>>> >>
>>> >> We use domain accounts on both services. We like to be able to
>>> >> backup/restore from network drives, so we use domain accounts to
>>> >> accomodate this.
>>> >>
>>> >> I restarted the SQL Server today and the tables were not present once
>>> >> again. I can work around this by putting the tables in the Model
>> database
>>> >> since SQL Server uses this database as the template when it
>>> >> recreatesTempDB. I don't want to do this because if it suddenly 
>>> >> starts
>>> >> working then we'll end up chasing other errors. I going to call MBS
>>> >> support back on Monday and see if they can escalate this over to the
>> SQL
>>> >> Server group since this appears to be an issue with SQL Server and 
>>> >> not
>>> >> GP.
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks once again.
>>> >>
>>> >> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>>> >> news:%23N3kkoMeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> >>> Hmm...I am just looking at our SQL Servers - we always configure 
>>> >>> both
>>> >>> the server and the agent to use the Local System account to make 
>>> >>> sure
>>> >>> there will be no permissions issues.  Not sure if that's what you 
>>> >>> have
>>> >>> set. Please post what the result of the support incident is here 
>>> >>> once
>>> >>> you get it resolved.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Thanks,
>>> >>>
>>> >>> -- 
>>> >>> Victoria Yudin
>>> >>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>> "Morgan" <morgan.fears@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> >>> news:1119617213.845229.283380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>> >>>> Hi Victoria,
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> It appears that the script(s) that GP is expecting to automatically
>> run
>>> >>>> when SQL Server starts is not executing. All the options are set
>>> >>>> correctly in SQL Server as well as the options on the procedures.
>> I've
>>> >>>> got an incident open with MBS on this.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> The OS is Win2000 SP4 and a domain account is used for the SQL
>>> >>>> services. Like I said earlier, the only thing that changed was
>> applying
>>> >>>> the lastest patches from MS.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Thanks,
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Morgan
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>>> >>>>> Morgan,
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> I have never seen this happen with GP 8.0 (or any other version 
>>> >>>>> for
>>> >>>>> that
>>> >>>>> matter) - what is the OS that your SQL Server is running on?  What
>>> >>>>> account
>>> >>>>> is used for the SQL Server service?
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> --
>>> >>>>> Victoria Yudin
>>> >>>>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>> >>>>> news:Oe7MMRAeFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> >>>>> > This is amazing, I'm having to run this script every time the
>> server
>>> >>>>> > is
>>> >>>>> > restarted. Is this a bug? I've been maintaining this install for
>>> >>>>> > over 2
>>> >>>>> > years and this just started happening. The only thing that 
>>> >>>>> > changed
>>> >>>>> > on the
>>> >>>>> > server was install of the security fixes MS just published.
>>> >>>>> >
>>> >>>>> > "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>> >>>>> > news:%23dEhhU$dFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> >>>>> >> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great
>>> >>>>> >> Plains 8.0.
>>> >>>>> >> I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP.
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file
>>> >>>>> >> needs to
>>> >>>>> >> be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least
>> it
>>> >>>>> >> appears to be corrected.
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> My questions are, why were the tables not automatically
>> re-created?
>>> >>>>> >> TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables 
>>> >>>>> >> get
>>> >>>>> >> rebuilt?
>>> >>>>> >> Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be
>>> >>>>> >> recurring?
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> Thanks,
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> Morgan
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >
>>> >>>>> >
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
victoria (3340)
6/29/2005 10:12:33 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

I have one missing comment indicator amongst several. How can i c.
I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this? Are you sure it's a comment? Maybe it's a Data|Validation Input message???? Banana wrote: > > I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment > indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it > as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this? -- Dave Peterson If ...

Unread Favorite missing
I think this is an easy one, and i'm just having a brain fart. I deleted my unread folder by mistake, anyone know how to replace it? Thanks! Expand the Search folders at the bottom of the folder list. Is Unread folder there? If so, right click on it and choose add to favorites. If not, right click on the Search Folders folder and choose New search folder. Unread is one of the predefined folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.co...

Can't print and the chart is missing in a new sheet
Here's my problem: I bought my laptop which came with Vista Home and with Office 2007 60 days-trial version. I installed Acrobat Pro and updated to the version 8.0. The Acrobat buttons in the Office applications never worked, so I created my PDFs printing with the "Acrobat PDF Converter" printer. Everything worked fine until November when the Office trial period expired. I started working with OpenOffice without problems (by the way, the Acrobat buttons in OpenOffice did work). Three months later I get sick of OpenOffice and I bought the Office 2007 license. I entered the...

Outlook 2002 missing replys from e-mai
I have a user on Windows 2000 SP4 with Outlook 2002. She has an issue where people will reply to an e-mail she sent to them but she does not see the reply, she can only see the origional e-mail she sent. If she goes online to our IMAP server which outlook uses to view the mail as well, she can see the reply. It seems to be an issue with Outlook not viewing the IMAP mail properly. Strangely this does not happen all the time, only on random e-mails. Any thoughts? ...

Missing account from Global Address list
I created a couple of accounts today and everything was fine, Until HR told me to delete them, then 2 hours later I was instructed to re-add the accounts. After I added the accounts I noticed that they do not show up in the global address list. Also This happend one other time and that user is not in the global address list either. I have search online and found nothing so I figured maybe someone here could help.. Thanks a million On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:15:01 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a couple of accounts today and everything was...

Missing Graph Functionality
In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a data series in a graph: fill effects | shadows This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This does not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this selection? Hi, Are you sure about that selection in 2003. For a column chart the option of a Shadow is available on the Patterns tab. The Fill Effects button displays a dialog with Gradient, Texture, Pattern and Picture. But these are all fill effects and not shadows. Any way in xl2007 you would select the series and then usi...

Excel sheet is missing in application
Hi I am not able to open my excel sheet by doubleclicking on it. The excel sheet is missing from the excel application (leaves a gaping hole in the center) with only the menu bar visible. But am able to do the same by running a instance first (from RUN) and then opening it from there. Any way out? Dey Are you sure it's not opening? Maybe it's just off the screen. Try clicking on Window on the toolbar. Do you see your workbook name at the bottom of the list? If yes, try Window|Arrange|Tiled and then resize by hand (and then save it). If it's not really there, do you get...

Excel File in Use Notification Missing??
We are using Windows Server 2000 & several versions of Excel (2000 / XP / 2003). When opening Excel files from the network, SOME users get the Notification that the File is In Use - locked for editing by <user> - with a choice to Open as Read-Only, Notify when avail, or Cancel. The pblm is that NOT EVERYBODY gets this msg - some simply have the file open up with the word (Sharing) in the Title Bar!! When you've got a deskful of work to input you're not always looking at the Title Bar to see if the file is Shared or not. I first thought this was caused by diff vers o...

Missing Folders
My husband is using outlook 2000. He went to work with a "outlook today" he right clicked and accidentally clicked on "close personal folders". When he did this all the folders he created under outlook today disappeared. I've tried to look for them but can't find them. All I have are very old backup files. When I click on move message (for example), and click on the folder list, the folder names still appear as a list, but all the messages he saved and the actual folders are no longer visible. Does anyone know how to correct this and get his folders a...

Chart MEnu Bar Missing
Occasionally my Excel worksheets will no thave the Chart Menu Bar attached to them but will have them on different worksheets. The Chart Menu Bar is the one with File, Edit View, etc. Is there a reason it is missing and if so how do I return it? Thanks, Ryan You probably havent selected the chart toolbar. If it isnt selected it will only appear when you open a sheet that has a chart on it. But then it will not reappear when you close the sheet and restart Excel. Just open excel, select view\toolbars\chart from the menu and then restart Excel. Should work. Jamie, we are not talkin...

VS2003 XML Visualizer missing!
Hi all gurus, in my PCs I have VS2010, VS2008 and... VS2003. Why? Others lack 2k3's XML visualizer, which is able to show XML's data, if it comes from a DataSet serialization. Looking at various replies, someone suggests to use a XML visualizer, but I've tried a bunch of these objects, and usually they require XSLT, XSD or other objects to let me observe contained data, while 2k3's one simply infers data structure from XML itself, and then shows data formatted that way. Can pls some1 of you help me to achieve the same result in VS2008? Is out there any visualizer that does such...

Creating Labels, Missing Column
I'm trying to create address labels. In my file I have the columns for "Street Address", "City", "State", "Zip Code" and "Country". The street address does not show up in the window to select what info I want on the label. Anyone know how to fix this??? Hi In your table you "may" have IDfield, 1stName, 2ndName, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code and Country. Create a query based on the table. Bring all the fields in the query and create a calculted culumn with something like Capital: Left([1stName],1) Create a new re...

missing dll
Hi! My VBA program calls a custom dll. It works fine. I now move to another computer and install the dll. When I launch my Excel program, it cannot find the dll. I can fix this manually. I open Tools>References eliminate the reference (which is "missing"), close the box, then open it again and tick the reference to the dll which is indeed present in the list. That procedure works fine. How can I program this in order not to perform this simple but very inelegant manual procedure (and not feel stupid explaining this to colleagues!)? If I try to use AddFromGuid, I need the ...

ALOT of fonts are missing from my newly installed Office XP!
I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was horrified to realise that I had hardly ANY fonts!!! I knew that Publisher would usually give out the most amount of fonts but even this had a very small number of fonts. I know that these programs are supposed to come with a lot more so what can I do to fix it?!!! Is there somewhere specific I can go instead of searching all those sites to find out where to get this and similar fonts or what? Please help!!! Alessandro wrote: > I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was > ho...

Data population between excel and access
I have a excel user form that collects data and then drops it into an access table. However if the user doesn't complete a field or leaves a field blank then the code comes back with an error. Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = DAO.OpenDatabase("accessdatabase.mdb") ' Open the table Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblFOI") ' Write the data rs.AddNew rs!area = area_cbo.Text rs!Officer = officer_txt.Text rs!tel = tel_txt.Text rs!Type = type_cbo.Text rs!firstname = firstname_txt.Text rs!lastname = lastna...

missing number find
If I need to find a missing number in a list say numbers 1 to 10 and number 8 does not appear in the list can excel identify the missing number and show it to me ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ see how this works Sub findmissing() On Error Resume Next For Each c In [k1:k9] If c + 1 <> c.Offset(1) Then MsgBox c + 1 & " missing" c.Select End If Next End Sub "theo" <theo.vza60@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ne...

Checkbox to allow Email Router to use user credentials is MISSING
I am using CRM 4.0 Online. We recently opted to use CRM Email Router for CRM Online for all email activities instead Outlook. I installed the CRM Email Router for CRM Online and tried configuing it. However, I could not find the checkbox [or the textboxes] to "Allow Email router to use my credentials to send and receive email on my behalf " in the Tools->Options (To set Personal Options) ->Email Tab. I only have the "Track Email" dropdown box, no check box that would allow me to enter the username and passsword. I made sure that the User's Ema...

Missing Author in Bibliography (ISO690 style)
Hi all, I regularly write report and use a number of references. I use the ISO690 style and most of the time, all is well. Very occasionally my bibliography will display a hyphen instead of the author. Example I have two sources. Both books with same Corporate Author (IPEM). Both have Title, Year, City, Publisher and Standard Number completed (the default fields) I've inserted citations into text which give me (1) and (2). My Bibliography is displayed as: 1.IPEM. Book Title. City : Publisher, Year. ISBN xxxxx 2.--. Book Title. City : Publisher, Year. ISBN xxxxx...

Missing Action buttons
Trying to launch hp application and driver recovery to reinstall a bundled program. The first screen that appears is cropped on the right side and bottom causing the action buttons to not be visible preventing the program from continuing past this screen. All other windows and screens are completely visible. Problem with this application only. hp cannot help using email and tech chat support. what you can try is temporarily modifying the desktop resolution. here are the instructions: http://tinyurl.com/ytfcbc -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º...

Missing attachement outlook 2003
Hi, We are having problemes once in a while with e-mails we are getting from outside the company. An outside sender sends an e-mail with an .xls attachement to 3 people in our company, the email is 3 Mb with the attachement. When we see the message in outlook 2003 the email is 1kb and has no attachement. The person was asked to send the email again and now we see the email as 3 Mb with an attachement. The problem is when we track the messages they both are 3Mb coming in all the way to de delivery to the recepient inbox. What happened to the attachement in the inbox??? We have a spam filt...

Help. rpc... restart server
Event ID; 2114 Process EMSMTA.EXE (PID=2800). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. Process MAD.EXE (PID=1904). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: Serverdec01.domain.com Serverdc02.domain.com I have possessions in my exchange 2003, he has moments that the service of the exchange 2003 for and only turn to work when I restart the server. And it has been happening problems of RPC as I do to solve this. -- Rubens Zolotujin rubens.zolotujin@ucb.org.br ...

Missing Publish to GAL button
How can I install the "Publish to GAL" button under Microsoft Outlook 2000, Tools, Options, Security?? ...

Missing Notes from Outlook 2003?
I have a client who is missing Notes, from outlook 2003..... Anybody have any idea... or is it reinstall only solution? thanx /goran Goran <remove_stjepanovic@broadpark.no> wrote: > I have a client who is missing Notes, from outlook 2003..... > Anybody have any idea... or is it reinstall only solution? Try running outlook.exe /ResetFolders from a command line window. Outlook should not be running. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for...

Missing Journal Clock
I am running Windows 7 with Outlook 2007. The journal clock is missing. It is greyed out. With XP, the clock was there. Is there a way to get it back? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201001/1 It's just the animation that is broken. The clock itself still works. You'll see some pixels moving up and down every ones and a while to indicate that it is still alive. FWIW: the clock icon has been removed entirely in Outlook 2010. The timer still functions there as well though. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coa...

corefoundation.dll missing
I keep getting the message that I need to reinstall CoreFoundation.dll. I found some advice on the internet that suggested I go to My Computer, then local disk (C:)/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Apple/AppleApplicationSupport then right-click on SQLite3.dll file and select copy then go to the Apple Folder then select Mobile Device Support then right-click on the window (not on the files in that folder) and select paste to add that in the folder. This did not work. Can someone advise me. Thanks -- Lorna How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality? Sassy wrot...