determining how much of the components are required

Hello:

I have been told by several people that there is no report that can be
printed prior to the entry of Quick Manufacturing Orders that will tell users
(a) how much of the components are required for the quantity of the BOM being
built and (b) showing the manufacturing order that will be used to build the
BOM.

Has anyone ever found a way around this issue, even if a stored proc or SQL
view has to be built?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Well, as for (b), if you haven't created the QMO you can't show it.  As for
(a)  You are looking for a Gross Requirements Report.  I am not aware of one
but with Crystal, you can use the parent and quantity to build as parameters
and pull the BOM and extend the quantities.  An easy report to write.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have been told by several people that there is no report that can be
> printed prior to the entry of Quick Manufacturing Orders that will tell users
> (a) how much of the components are required for the quantity of the BOM being
> built and (b) showing the manufacturing order that will be used to build the
> BOM.
>
> Has anyone ever found a way around this issue, even if a stored proc or SQL
> view has to be built?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
info4071 (3004)
6/7/2009 2:26:01 AM
Thanks, Richard!

childofthe1980s

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Well, as for (b), if you haven't created the QMO you can't show it.  As for
> (a)  You are looking for a Gross Requirements Report.  I am not aware of one
> but with Crystal, you can use the parent and quantity to build as parameters
> and pull the BOM and extend the quantities.  An easy report to write.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I have been told by several people that there is no report that can be
> > printed prior to the entry of Quick Manufacturing Orders that will tell users
> > (a) how much of the components are required for the quantity of the BOM being
> > built and (b) showing the manufacturing order that will be used to build the
> > BOM.
> >
> > Has anyone ever found a way around this issue, even if a stored proc or SQL
> > view has to be built?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s

Sharepoint Workflow email containing image requires login to view
I have an image set up in a library in SharePoint 2007, that I'm linking to a workflow email that I created in SharePoint Designer. When the email is received by the user in Outlook 2003, it prompts them to log in with their credentials before they can view the image. This is only happening to certain users - what could be causing this? Anybody have any thoughts about this? "Mark" wrote: > I have an image set up in a library in SharePoint 2007, that I'm linking to a > workflow email that I created in SharePoint Designer. When the email is > rec...

A Macro required or where to start or is it possible ?
Hi there, I have a Excel file with 31 sheets in it - 1 per day. Basically I am looking for a macro of some sort that would do the following. [1] Bring up a Data entry screen to enter data on to the required sheet based on the date (eg. if the date is 17/03/07 then it will enter this data on to the next blank line on sheet 17. [2] That at the bottom of the list it will insert the totals for the respective columns. Obviously this line will move down the list if rows are inserted. Here is an idea of what is being entered. Lment A/C Code Customer Allocation Status Amount Payment ...

What processor(sys requirements) should my computer have to run the following:
Hello I have developed a series of reports using pivot tables, multiple vlookup functions. Example: Report 1 has a database of 20000plus records, from which I created a pivot table. In addition, I have 2 columns which return values using a vlookup everytime I refresh the pivot table. These Vlookup formulas read information from another database, but this database if for 2000 records only My computer spends around 5 minutes calculaing everytime a single change is done (it often crashes) In addition, my job requires me to have open applications as Outlook, and Oracle(manufacturing system...

12.1.1 Installed, But AutoUpdate Says 12.1.1 Still Required
After I successfully went through the reinstall routine, an AutoUpdater check still indicates 12.1.1 is required (I used the stand- alone version). I verified via Command+I that 12.1.1 is the present version of Word, PP, and Excel (I did not install Entourage or Messenger). Is this just a bug or is there some way to correct the false positive? "pendragon" wrote: > After I successfully went through the reinstall routine, an > AutoUpdater check still indicates 12.1.1 is required (I used the stand- > alone version). > > I verified via Command+I that 12.1.1 is the pre...

How to determine company for activities
I am a relatively new CRM 3 user and am frustrated by the fact that I cannot readily tell company name from either the activities list or even from the activity detail window. Am I missing something here? We have many similar activities corresponding to many different companies, so in a list of activities is impossible to differentiate them. I appreciate your help. Chris Hi Chris: If you open the activity form there is a "regarding" field, however an activity does not necessarily have to be associated with an account... -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect This message...

Bin Quantity entry in Manuf. component transaction
I am having an issue with bin quantity entries when doing a Manufacturing component transaction. When i choose the item to do the transaction for and the Bin Quantity Entry window comes up for me to choose the bin to pull the item from i am seeing items that are damaged too. Ex. i have a bin location B01 that has Total of 10 items in it but 1 item has been transferred to a damaged quantity type. I see it as damaged in inventory inquiry screen and as Type=damaged in the Bin inquiry screen but when i go to do a component transaction what i see are two entries for the bin B01 one with q...

Template track phone traffic to determine weekly, monthly trends.
I need a calander based template which I can enter daily call totals into, to determine weekly and monthly incoming call totals. Can anyone suggest a template that serves such a function, or can be modified to do so? ...

CRM SBE Hardware Requirements
Hello, Can anybody tell me the best practice of Hardware And Software Requirements for implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition. I have read this http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/product/systemrequirements.mspx But I need some more information from your work experience. Thanx in advance, Rena Hi Rena, Microsoft has recommended the hardware requirments but than it also depends upon the scale of usage. How many users are going to use CRM, will it be mostly online or offline, will they use mobile client, wht hardward do u already have and all such questions and than o...

How to programmatically determine Good Friday
Hi all, I understand that Good Friday is different every year based on Full Moon. Given, that, if I know the Good Friday date falls on one year, is there a way I can use it as a "seed" and use it to compute all future years of the date of Good Friday? Is there an algorithm for that? Thanks, Ben On 17 feb, 22:06, Ben <B...@NoSpam.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I understand that Good Friday is different every year based on Full > Moon. =A0Given, that, if I know the Good Friday date falls on one year, i= s > there a way I can use it as a "...

E-MAIL PROCESSORS REQUIRED immediately
E-MAIL PROCESSORS REQUIRED immediately!Earn large income from your home computer.Full time/Part time. Not MLM. Serious inquiriesonly! For more info, e-mail: troyhenwood@ns.sympatico.ca ...

Help required on file transfer....
Hi i am Mujtaba working on file transfer application. Application should transfer and recieve files (any file any size). But i don't want to use FTP commands or WinInet classes. Could socket been used? if yes then CAsynSocket or CSocket for files what MFC class CFile of CSocketFile? My this application will run on LAN as well as on WAN. Could anybody please help me... Mujtaba The simplest way to transfer a file is to use the TransmitFile API. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/transmitfile_2.asp But it requires XP or Win2000 or bet...

Outlook Free/Busy showing too much info
Once we switched to 2003 server if you make an appointment and invite others, if you hold the pointer over the other persons busy time you are able to see the description of what they are doing, is there a way to stop this from happening? -- Thanks If the person marks the appointment as Private, then you will not see all the information. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Fox" <Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92F931A-D3CA-45EA-9144-C5AAA8EFECDB@microsoft.com... ...

clearly off topic
I have waited a few weeks to see if perhaps this was another glitch on the service but it has not cleared. I have reviewed what little information I have found on the subject, which appears to not be very recent; I have also looked at the proposed "new" Hotmail/Live to be offered documents [again, at least what I have found]. The issue arose when changing the password for the account via the web access and attempting to use a standard reader [Thunderbird in this instance] after applying the new password. Sending via the password modified account is not affected, receivi...

Formula required for matching cells
Hi On sheet 2 I have a 13 digit code in Col A, the description in Col B and the price in Col C, these will be constantly added to manually. On sheet 1 I would like possibly a 'drop down list' of the 13 digit codes in column A, then for Col B to auto fill the Description and Col C to fill the price. Is this possible? In other words sheet 2 comprises of the data for the ISBN numbers, plus description plus price, which will over time be added to. On sheet 1, its the orders taken, so if the ISBN is put into Col A, then col B and Col C are filled from the data on sheet 2. I hope t...

How do you determine if a field is blank in a logical expression.
I am trying to utilize a logical expression to yield this result: If the field is blank return a value of no, if there is anything at all in the field return the value of yes. Basically, I am pulling data out of a database for a checklist. The user only cares if there is or is not data in that field. So I am trying to convert the data to a YES and a blank field to a NO. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks. Maybe... =if(a1="","no","yes") Van wrote: > > I am trying to utilize a logical expression to yield this result: > > If th...

How to determine assigned namespace prefix
Hello, I'm receiving a response XML doc and need to know which letter was assigned by the server to a namespace. For example, here's a doc that I got returned to me. I need to extract the "subject", so I need to know that "e" was assigned because I'm using the ..Net "GetElementsByTagName" method: (GetElementsByTagName("e:subject")): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-188741245e/" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:"...

Manufacturing Component trx entry- todays date default & usernam
Please make the user name and todays date default into the Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5aabe396-e7a1-46...

Fields required to receive items to PO?
Hi All, I want to update a PO from a collected data file. The PO will already exist in RMS. I have been playing with appending records to the PurchaseOrderEntry Table, but I still seem to be missing something.What are the (required) related Table / Field entries I need to make? Thanks, Marc Marc, We're building a utility to import a data collector file to change/fill PO and Transfer Orders . Please contact us in about a week to: info at retailhero dot com. If you need it sooner, I know RR has some sort of that functionality "Marc" wrote: > Hi All, > > ...

How does Excel determine the TEMP directory?
Hello, I would like to put Excel file into such a directory in which I will be sure that has security settings ReadWrite. If I know, on the arbitrary computer, that Excel is working OK, it means that Excel's TEMP directory has under logged user security settings = ReadWrite. If I set "C:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Temp" directory to ReadOnly, the Excel will not work. The C function GetTempPath returns the above directory, may The Excel using this C function? Do anybody know which way the Excel determine where the TEMP directory is? Thanks Miso ENVIRON...

checking a Required Field
I have a form with some fields of names and address on it and the LastName field is a required field set at table level. Im having dificulty finding a way to check the forms fields and making sure the LastName field is filled in before the error message gets thrown up. It seems so unprofessional to allow this to happen. I want to put my own warning messge up saying this field has to be completed and set the focus back onto the field or give the choice that the whole record is a mistake and delete it. Any ideas guys would be most helpful Steve - from a land down under First port of call ...

Transferring Domains No Longer Requires Consent
For those with their own domain names, here is an article that can either help you or mess you up, see the entire article. Basis is supposed to be to allow you to transfer from a nasty isp to a good isp, but possibly could be used by domain squatters to steal your domain : ------ Aunty Spam's Net Patrol � Transferring Domains No Longer Requires Consent - Registrars Advise That You Lock Your Domain "11/10/2004 The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has put into place a new rule which says that if a request to transfer an Internet domain is made, and there...

Using VBA to setup calender to determine sales quantity
Hi, I have a problem with this: I have a worksheet named Sales historical data: Column A: Dates Column B: Phone Description Column C: Sales quantity I need to get the total sales quantity for 5 days. On the left hand side, i want to create a calender in which i can choose the date. then on the right hand side, i want to create another calender in which i can choose the date again. So when i choose a date in both calender like for example, 17 Feb 2010 to 21 Feb 2010, the TOTAL sales quantity for all the 5 days will appear below. Can anyone assist me? If cannot, is...

Filterable online inventory w/out Office 2003 Web Components?
Hello. A friend has requested that I try to help put up a simple online inventory. This involves disaster relief, I believe for ADRA, who works with the Red Cross. He has Excel, so I'd like to show him how to publish a spreadsheet to the web (that's easy enough) with auto-filtering capability (herein lies the problem). Only one person will be making changes, everyone else that needs to access the spreadsheet only needs to be able to view it. I know that the auto-filtering works well with Office 2003 Web Components, but some of the people who need to access this web page may no...

Can someone help me?thanks very much
I make a MFC sdi program. I have changed the color of the default menu background color. My problem is that How can i change the background color of the mainframe so that make the mainframe's background color the same as the default menu's background color ? that 's all! thanks very much for your help! "eric" <dongkui823@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiuasLeUIHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I make a MFC sdi program. > I have changed the color of the default menu background color. > My problem is that How can i change the background color of the...

Cash flow requiring checking/savings acct
Hi all, Overnight my "cash flow" feature in Money 2004 just stopped working. When I try it I get the following error: "Please create at least one checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast." Needless to say I have many such accounts, I have been using this feature ever since Money98 and in Money04 up until yesterday. Thanks!! My cash flow also stopped working. If I go to monthly reports, money crashes. Since this has happened to more than just myself, I figure it's a "feature" of money updates. They must have do...