Dept Wage and Hour report

In v6.0, the Dept Wage and Hour report should MTD, QTD and YTD columns of
information, this was removed in v7.5.  I have had many requests from my
clients to bring this back.  I was told that v9.0 would bring these fields
back but it didn't.

Please bring the MTD, QTD and YTD fields back to the Department Wage and
Hour report.

Thanks,

Emily

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=82a70442-c92a-438d-a954-a1baafb4b7fd&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

how do I calculate the sum of hours if marked x in a schedule?
hi I have a schedule with x's placed if a person(rows) is working that period(column headers). How do I create the formula to add the total number of hours worked for each person ? Ie, A B C D E 8:30-9:50 10:30-3 5-10 Total hours 1 name 1 x x 2 name 2 x x 3 name 3 x x Thank you. please i...

Query SQL report
Hello, I have about 20 queries in the database. I am creating a documentation for the database, and would like to put the SQL of each query in the documentation as well. The only way I can think of is to open the query in SQL view, copy the SQL text, and paste it into word document. Do this one-by-one. I would appreciate if you have any other ideas to do this. Is there is a way to export all at once? thanks! Boon You did not say what version of Access you are running. I have 2007 and do not see it but older version you would go to Tools - Analyze - Documentor - c...

Converting hours to minutes
I have calculated the difference between two time frames and need t results to be shown in minutes. Instead of getting something like 8 minutes I keep getting 1.25 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As soon as you go over 60 minutes, XL converts it to hours. (The same happens with hours over 24 getting converted to days). Select data, go to Format>Cells>Custom and type [mm]:ss This will keep the minutes and not convert to hours -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "dragon3s >" <<dra...

Opening a Report
Hello, I'm new to Access and have a very basic question. I want to open a report when a user clicks a button on a form. Now since I can open a form through a button click by pasting: =OpenForms("FormName") in the "On Click" setting in the properties menu, I would assuming using: =OpenReport("ReportName") would be the trick. But it's not. Many of the examples on the net I have found use lines such as: docmd.OpenReport "rpt_name", acViewPreview, "", But when I try this I just get an error saying that the marco docmd can't be found. ...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

Monthly Report
Dear Freinds I am new to this world but i hope that i could get some help I Have data listed in sheet called Data as follows: DateSales ItemSold Dtl1 Dtl2 Dtl3 T-Price Quantity 01.01.2010 Item1 60 6 01.01.2010 Item2 80 4 01.01.2010 Item3 90 2 02.01.2010 Item4 100 50 02.01.2010 Item5 150 6 09.01.2010 Item6 70 2 09.01.2010 Item7 ...

Report of blocked email addresses
I'm trying to find a way to get the list of blocked or filtered email addresses set up in Exchange. SBS 2000 puts a limit of 845 on this filter list and I'd like to get a report of what we currently have blocked to better arrange it. ...

Crystal Reports #3
Does anyone have code that they could share with me on launching Crystal Reports from GP8.0 using VBA Modifier? Thanks Rick Rick, I have some knowledge on launching Crystal from several VB and VBA programs. I would be happy to help if you could be a little more specific about what you mean "using a VBA modifier" I am currently faced with the task of importing invoices into Great Plains and would love to "trade" any help I can provide you for guidance on which tables I need to update, etc. Gene Oshinsky Integration Services Jadeon Inc. Rick Gittins wrote: > D...

Errors with System Settings and Reports
I have CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 running on SBS2003 SP1. I have CRM installed on the default website. When I try to go to System Settings (with any user), I get the following error "Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where ...

Vendor change audit report
Does Dynamics GP 10 have a report that simply shows a listing of new or updated vendors and what changed if they are an existing vendor for a given time period? Jesse, You would have to be running GPs 'Audit Trails', which is an optional module, to get that level of detail. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Should I base my report on a form or a query?
I've created a database for a project at work that will track production and piece work. I've started with two tables: Employee Data and Weekly Data. These two tables contain the information that supplies my Form (also called Weekly Data) with the data it needs to pull from. This form allows supervisors to enter in daily production data for each employee. They enter in the employee's clock number and it automatically generates the employee's name (which is pulled from the Employee Data table.) The code I used in the employee's name text box is: = [Clock Number].Colum...

SBS2008 Monitoring and Reporting SQL
I have an SBS2008 box is is consistently have high CPU usage and memory usage from the SQLSERVR.exe *32 process. It will grab 15 percent of the cpu for long periods of time and consitently run at about 600,000-800,000k of memory. The process is the SBS Monitoring and Reporting Instance for SBS. I have ran the SBS BPA against this server and the only warnings I now get are the Update services not set to default, a PTR record problem, IE Enhanced security disable and some user accounts that don't show in SBS Console. The server is configured as follows: Dell PE2900 with 2 -...

Analytical Acctg should allow reporting on the item description
Analytical Accounting allow you to report on the item number but only shows the item description as a "pop up" message not a reportable field. We invested many hours entering the description into the set up card - we want that description in the reports that we create. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Date and hourly time of use
I have the start date, start time and end time for procedures throughout each day for 13 procedure rooms. I need to come up with an average number of rooms that are being used for every hour of the day for each week over a period of three months. Knowing the start and end times I have the duration of each procedure in a room. I can indicate the hour of the procedure starting but how to indicate the additional hours as being in use is where I am stuck. Ex. Start date is 12/5/07 start time is 2247 and duration is either 276 minutes or 4.6 hours. How would I indicate that the 2300 hour,...

How to cause a pivot tables to not summarize data
I have a simple spreadsheet that is the result of selecting records from a database, and exporting the results to a .csv. Column 1 is a user name Column 2 is a title associated with a database column Column 3 is the data associated with the database column There are approximately 20 database columns which are referenced in this spreadsheet, thus each user will have up to 20 records in the sheet. All I want is to pivot the data, and perform no calculations against it. I only want to show what value is associated with each database column for each user. Can Pivot Tables do this? ...

Report Access not Kerberos perhaps IIS or Security
This is the Debug Info from DevErrors=On. The problem occurs when any user (except when on server itself) accesses Reports or System Settings. Any information on how to sort this much appreciated. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Detai...

Custom Reports
Hi there - I'm a real newbie. We are running v2. I can't seem to create any sort of custom reports - beyond modifying the filters of standard reports (eg. custom date range for a detailed sales report). > I'd like to do things like add in additional fields to a report (that aren't available in the show/hide columns). For example, one of the dimensions in our matrix / item properties is "Gender" - Male/Female. I'd like to run a report that breaks down sales on a given day / period based on sales between men/women.. This data is certainly stored against every ...

SQL Reporting report launch error
Receiving this error when opening a report in SRS. The same happens from within GP and the Report Manager. 'An error occurred during client rendering. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSourceGPCompany'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) The feature: "The edition of Reporting Services that you are using requires that you use local SQL Server relational databases for report data sources and the report server database." is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. (rsOperationNotSupp...

Printing a Report with Parameters
When printing a report with Parameters. The report will come up on the screen after you enter the parameter. When you then print the report it asks for the parameter again. After we click finish, the following error appears on the screen 'Information is needed before this report can be processed (On Cache Page/Server EIACRM.pgsvr) The report will not print. what server os is your crm web running and also what is your domain controller(s) running? also its possible you have embedded the servername in the report. open the report in crystal designer and go to database-verify dat...

employees hours
I have 50 employes that can work on upto 5 different jobs in a day or just one . there hours and jobs are entered onto a excel chart so you can look at one employe and see where he has worked all week. i want the information to be printed out in a simple form so it can be easily entered into a paye programme we use . it would have each man then his jobs and hours and it would add the hours of same jobs worked more than once in a week and add them up . make sense? Hi, Karen. The feature is called Subtotals. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/getting_subtotals_in_microsoft_excel.htm...

Using expression builder in a report
I am using expression builder in a report which needs to retrieve the SUM of a field from a query. This does not seem to be working. I keep getting errors...#NAME? I am using the query's field as the control source. Can anyone help me? I've tried everything I know. The Sum() aggregate function only works on fields/expressions from the report's record source. You may be able to use DSum("[field to sum]", "[Query Name]"). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ruben" wrote: > I am using expression builder in a report which needs to retrieve t...

Performing Z Report Delete Entire Database!
Hi, I'm new to RMS and have been using it for only 1 week! I have another bigger problem than the one I posted yesterday. Each day I have to reuse the original backup to start my transaction for it ALWAYS delete my records when I perform the Z Report by end of the day! This is a pain for I loose all my previous records and obviously non of my inventory is track correctly and not to mention lost all my journal receipts records for I have to use the original backup each day. The problem occurs every time right after I performed the Z Report and after exited the POS/MANAGER it will n...

auto generated reports not emailing
hi.. got a strange one with a new sbs 2008 install. i can generate and email report manually. but the scheduled event fails. below is the log file. advice greatly appreciated 2010-05-07T06:00:00.826868 : Logger started at: 2010-05-07T06:00 2010-05-07T06:00:00.826868 : ***************** Starting GenerateMonitoringReport task... ***************** 2010-05-07T06:00:00.826868 : Generating Summary Network Report... 2010-05-07T06:01:04.590244 : XML generated... 2010-05-07T06:01:04.786264 : HTML generated... 2010-05-07T06:01:04.802265 : Report stored in archives... 2010-05-07T06:01:...

Report only prints the first 48 characters of an 80 character text
I have an 80 character field (Description) which is only showing 48 characters even though there is room to print the whole description. Somehow, the formatting is causing it to limit the field size to 48 and to replace the remaining characters with "..." to every record that is over 48 characters. There appears to be plenty of room on the report for the whole field. I have tried changing the font size, moving the field to a separate line and stretching it across the page, but without success. This was originally written in Access 2003, but Access 2007 doesn't fix the ...

Query v Report / Speed
Hi I have a large report to run from a query. To make it simpler for users to understand the reports I have various calculations to do. Quite a lot ? Is it quicker to do the calculations in the report or query. Thank you -- Wayne Manchester, England. Wayne What have you seen when you try this? There are so many factors that may influence the "speed" that it will be tough to predict -- you might learn as much from trying both ways! By the way, a common approach to building reports is to create a query that returns the data, then build the report based on the query, not a ba...