Deploying SP3 via group policy

Hi everyone.  Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy GP9 Service Pack 3
(we're actually deploying the Canadian Year-End Tax update, but it includes
SP3) via Group Policy?  Microsoft has instructions for deploying the base
install of GP9 via Group Policy, but I haven't been able to find any
information regarding the updates. If possible, we'd like to avoid touching
every machine for this update.

Thanks!

tools - setup - system - client updates.

"Jason Josephson" wrote:

> Hi everyone.  Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy GP9 Service Pack 3
> (we're actually deploying the Canadian Year-End Tax update, but it includes
> SP3) via Group Policy?  Microsoft has instructions for deploying the base
> install of GP9 via Group Policy, but I haven't been able to find any
> information regarding the updates. If possible, we'd like to avoid touching
> every machine for this update.
>
> Thanks!
0
Kip1 (23)
1/11/2008 9:20:01 PM
I'm aware of the Client updates, but that isn't what I'm looking for. The
users still need to interact with the update (even if it is just to start it)
and then start GP Util afterwards.  We want to keep the users from going
through that.

"KIP" wrote:

> tools - setup - system - client updates.
>
> "Jason Josephson" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone.  Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy GP9 Service Pack 3
> > (we're actually deploying the Canadian Year-End Tax update, but it includes
> > SP3) via Group Policy?  Microsoft has instructions for deploying the base
> > install of GP9 via Group Policy, but I haven't been able to find any
> > information regarding the updates. If possible, we'd like to avoid touching
> > every machine for this update.
> >
> > Thanks!

Problem import via query
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

how to control outline group? show or collapse [vba]
I made an project tasks and outlined for each level thru vba. How can I hide (make it [+]) all the summary tasks if completed? ..showdetail = false looks not working as I wanted [1][2][3] Task Name %Done Start, Finish, .......... [-] My Project 30 [-] High Level 1st 100 . Task 1 100 . Task 2 100 [-] High Level 2nd 10 . Task 3 20 . Task 4 ...

Publisher 2003 Post SP3 Crashes
We have roughly 10k publisher documents, created from PDFs (I'm told). These documents open pre-Office 2003 SP3 using an XP Pro SP2 pc (or laptop). After SP3, I get an error : "Publisher has deteted a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain the file came from a trusted source...click ok. Other option is Cancel which blows me out of the program back to the desktop. Then it provides an error report which reference mspub.exe, the App versions(11.0.8166.0), and finally if you read the report itself, it references the ever-generic 0x000000C5 error with no ...

Mailbox Restore Policy
We are considering changing our Backup/Restore policy to one that makes our backups only for disaster recovery of whole stores or servers. Users will need to use recover deleted items if they lose a message. It is just too costly in staff time to recover individual items ofr users who lose things. (The idea of an archiving solution for meeting institutional/legal demands is a whole separate issue.) Before we start pushing this policy, we wanted to know what policies other organizations follow. Thanks Steve Moss Sr. Systems Analyst ITS Pomona College Claremont, CA I think that is a sound ...

Sliding Scale Percentage via IF?
Hello all, I'm trying to do a formula for a sliding scale percentage fee, for which it references the item price of an object. Ie: First $25.00 = 10%, $25.01-100 = 10% of first $25 + 7% of remaining price, $100.01-1000 = 10% of first $25, 7% of first $25.01-100, and 5% of remaining price, etc. However! The formula I cobbled together won't debug correctly - it works up to the 7% range, but trying to get that third jump to the 5% and beyond returns a value of 'FALSE'. I can see what's happening in the formula evaluator, but I'm at a loss on how to side-step it. ...

Outlook 2002 SP3 Hangs
I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 on an XP machine. I am connecting to our corporate mail server using IMAP. For the past 3 days, Outlook has been unbearably slow and hangs intermittently. Sometimes it's fine, other times it just hangs (causing an Event 1001 or 1002 in the Event Log). I have tried connecting to the same server using IMAp with an Opera client and it seems fine. Any ideas wher to look? Hi Mark, maybe you look here http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1001 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. B...

Data Groupping and Outlining
Here's my problem: I have a large worksheet filled with calculations and row/column grouppings. Everytime I expand/collapse, it recalculates the whole worksheet. How do I disable that function? Here's the tricky part, I still want the Autocalc set on. I do not wish to go to manual calc. In Excel 2000, I didn't have this issue. Please advise. Thanks in advance. Derik Hi Derik, There was a change in Excel 2003 which makes hiding/unhiding rows trigger a recalculation, because the workbook might contain SUBTOTAL functions whose answer depends on whether rows are hidde...

A PCCharge Pro for "hire"
I am an experienced "former" PCCharge Tech Rep... 3+ years with GOSoftware/Verifone - 10+ in the support field... Know PCCharge in and out... Warts and all... Runtime Errors? Reporting Issues? Processor Setup Information? Settlement problems? I set up a PCCharge Yahoo! Group... Initially. it will be moderated heavily, but I aim to please... Gotta keep the facts straight, and the spammers away... I can't have people yelling at me because I let a spammer in to clog your mailboxes :) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APCChargePro/join I am working on a half decent FAQ (in Dat...

Recipient Policies : multiple email domains.
Hi, We have two email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com). How do I use the recipient policies to assign some users to have only domain1.com email address ? I did create a group (security and distribution) and include some users as the members of the group but it did not work. The only email address that was affected is the group itself and not the members. Any ideas ? Thanks. Rgrds, Zul "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: >We have two email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com). How do I use the >recipient policies to assign some users to have only domai...

After SP3 install on exchange 2000 the addressbook has changed
I have just made an update (SP3) on a exchange 2000 server. After this update all the zip codes in the addressbook has changed. They normally have a format of 1234 but now the format is DK-1234. The land code has bean included� Why is that, and how can I change it? I know that the users can change all zip codes manually, but there has to be an easier way. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have just made an update (SP3) on a exchange 2000 server. After this >update all the zip codes in the addressbook has changed. They normally >have a format of 1234 but now the ...

Sharing large contacts via la and ny
Situation: LA office has SBS 2003. Not currently hosting own email(will happen in 2 weeks) users have a 15000 contacts that they share in Exchange. Also, share the CO documents and filemakers database(I know...filemaker_) LA office: 8 users - DSL - Firewall - 1 sbs 2003 NY office: 8 users - dsl - firewall - 1 win2k box They want NY to share the LA contacts and files. Never replicated 2 Exchange boxes before. What would be the best solution? 1. VPN the 2 sites? Is the CONTACT dbase size too big for VPN? If VPN, should NY just login to LA domain and not use the 2nd box in NY? 2. Just replic...

Distribution Group in Exchange 2003
Hi I have a litlle problem/question. I have an .msg file containing many e-mail adresses. Now I want to make a Distribution group in my AD/Exchange environment, and import these adresses but How? Does anyone have a solution to this? Regards Ulrik Franck Hi, Ulrik Franck wrote: > I have a litlle problem/question. I have an .msg file containing many > e-mail adresses. Now I want to make a Distribution group in my AD/Exchange > environment, and import these adresses but How? You should create contacts in Active Directory to add external recipients to distribution groups. I...

How to disable "sharedfolderscript" using Group Policy?
In Outlook XP SP3 and afterwards, there is a registry key "SharedFolderScript" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security to control the VB script access for shared mailbox. How can I deploy this registry key by using group policy? Create a new .adm file (better than editing the existing one) with that = policy included, then add it to the administrative templates in the = group policy editor. The contents of the new .adm file could be = something like this, but you have to decide where in the hierarchy = ("CATEGORY") to put it:=20 CLASS U...

new yahoo group
If you want something you never had, do something you have never done. Don't go the way life takes you. Take the life the way you go . And remember you are born to live and not living because you are born. I established this forum that I wish to be a place for people who are new to computer field and also for the Intermediate, Experienced...... can get help, and COMPUTER GURUS who like to share their experience, knowledge, and to help new comers http://groups.yahoo.com/group/itsrealnetwork ...

Changing your default recipient policy
Hi Everyone We had a query from one of our smtp domains about changing where the NDR's originate from for our org. Currently they come from postmaster@ourdomain.co.za They would like us to change it to our more global name so that it reflects postmaster@ourmaindomain.co.za. Microsoft have suggested that we change our default recipient policy to reflect this domain according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249299/ Business is driving this big time, but all I can say is that I have a very bad feeling about doing this. What I would like to know if what this could possibly break. Some...

Creating a Field With Percentile Group
Hello All, I appologies if this is a repertition of questions posted before. I have been searching all day, I believe I have found some solutions but they seem to be a little out of my league in terms of interpretation. Here goes.... I have a list of values in an access table called SAMPLE e.g. ID VALUES 1 0.235270025 2 0.259548309 3 0.110686103 4 0.375206126 5 0.895241205 6 0.264604818 7 0.703599764 8 0.534924374 9 0.14665753 10 0.310450599 11 0.365349671 12 0.642109156 13 0.418433029 14 0.18319999 15 0.101514293 16 0.719263841 17 0.257357493 18 0.513394362 (etc...) (etc...) (etc...) Wh...

Recipient Policy-based Auto-Delete sending Read Receipits?
All, Based on some user reports, I think that a Recipient Policy-based auto- delete for messages older than x days is sending "negative" read receipts, eg: 1) User gets message with read receipt 2) User doesn't read message 3) Recipient Policy deletes message after x days, and sends the message sender a read receipt saying user has NOT read the message Is this possible? If it does happen, can we use the user's "never send read receipts" setting in Outlook to stop it? Is there a way to stop only the Recipient Policy from sending read receipts for all users, and ...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Forwaring issue to an SMTP account using Exchange 2000 SP3
Exchange is on a Windows 2000 Server SP4 This is killing me!! I have been unable to get this working. I tried this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281926 I create an account on the Exchange Server with a custom SMTP account. I then edit the local account to forward to this account. It just doesnt work. I've tried several SMTP accounts as a test & nothing forwards. Any ideas -- Regards, Joe In ESM-Global Settings-Internet Message Format right click Default select Advanced Tab, make sure the 'Allow Automatic Forwarding' box is checked. -- Joh...

Can't restore from Recovery Storage Group via Sys Manager or Exmerge.exe
I have successfully restored my old servers store to a recovery storage group, and see the users and the number of items etc. If I try to restore one to the new info store on the rebuilt server I get an error that it failed and the following in the report: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Recover Mailbox Data" dcName="MBSERVER01" buildNumber="7638" runningAs="Administrator@mynet.NET"> <timespan startTime="2006-07-23 02:40:03.484" milliseconds="172" /> - <...

XP Policies for user
In XP Pro not on a domain, how can I set policies for normal users to be very tight - so they cannot change any browser setting, change nothing on PC configuration including updates, no ctl alt delete? They will only be able to open IE Browser go to a web page for mail, etc. Change the authority level on the account, make it restricted. "Terry" wrote: > In XP Pro not on a domain, how can I set policies for normal users to be very > tight - so they cannot change any browser setting, change nothing on PC > configuration including updates, no ctl alt delete?...

OL 2003: Reminders via SMS message?
For years I've been using a little utility called my schedule that would send email when a schedule/even came due. I used it to send SMS messages to my cell phone. Alas, this little utility doesn't work in OL 2003. Anybody know of something else I can use? Joe http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Joe Cam...

WorkFlow for Sharing an Account via TEAM
I wanted to create a WorkFlow to Share an account to a team? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks! Abid Hi, You need to do coding. Develop a workflow assembly for this purpose. There is no built-in feature to share a record to a team. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Abid" wrote: > I wanted to create a WorkFlow to Share an account to a team? Any ideas or > suggestions? > > > Thanks! > > Abid ...

.NET Client deployment!
Hi! I am looking at how to make use of the client framework, but found the following problems: The client framework does not include System.Designer assembly. Without this assembly it is not possible to register the components to be displayed on the toolbox. (contains ToolboxItem attribute). Is it somehow possible to produce two assemblies, where one will register the components from the first to be displayed on the toolbox within VS.IDE, but the actual application will not require it's deployment? I checked C# partial classes, but they require, that all the definition...

Eliminate Group Members
Is there a way, in Outlook XP to select a GROUP, which has been created by the administrator, and send an e-mail message to that group, but eliminate 1 or 2 people from that group, without having to select everyone individually from that group. The group may have upwards of 100 people in it; it's very time consuming. The people being "left out" will vary, but I still don't want to have to re-enter all 95 or 98 of the others. Any ideas would be appreciated. This functionality is available on Outlook 2003 where you can "explode" the distribution group. ...