Deny access to credit memos - 23589

Is there a way in GP10 to block certain users access to enter/post credit
memos in the AP module?

If not, is there a way to make only credit memos (no other AP transactions)
not post through without approval?

Thanks!

You can use field level security to request a password on changing the
document type field for certain users, if this didn't work with you you
might need to create few lines of VBA code on this form to avoid selecting
Credit Memo from the list.
--
Regards,
--

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way in GP10 to block certain users access to enter/post credit
> memos in the AP module?
>
> If not, is there a way to make only credit memos (no other AP
> transactions)
> not post through without approval?
>
> Thanks!

0
Mohammad

Inquiry Access Only (Read Only)
How can I set up a user class with read only access? Do I need to take away ALL access, then add each window and report one at a time? Thanks, Alan Alan, That is the way I originally set up such a class and then just tweaked it as necessary. Cheers Ross. "Alan Waggoner" wrote: > How can I set up a user class with read only access? Do I need to take away > ALL access, then add each window and report one at a time? > > Thanks, > Alan ...

outlook web access #38
When I click on the address book icon in Outlook for Web 2003 it i empty. However if I type in a name on the search function th information on the individual appears from the global address book. Ho can I get the global address book to show all entries when it is evoke from outlook for web as it does for outlook 2003 locally. Also I ca only see the last 25 emails when I check email from outlook for web. I there any way to display all emails in the in-box. I appreciate an help I canget ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

How do I unlock FILE access?
This morning, at work, I was using Excel to track data on trucks at work. During break, I opened another Excel document to view. Shortly after the second Excel document was opened, another truck came in. When I tried to go back to the spreadsheet file to record the info for the truck that came in, Excel went idle for 30 seconds, then came back with a READ ERROR saying it had tried reading a memory address that was un-readable. When I clicked OK on the read error message box, Excel SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY... When I RE-started Excel, and tried loading the truck info file that was suppos...

Access Report 'Graphs'
I am running a function/report that completes the following: 1. Modifies a temp table based on user selection (two variables - Easy) 2. Modifies the temp table with summary line at end of table (summarizing table data - Totals for Graphs) 3. Render a report based on that table 4. Render 6 graphs to show on the report All should be good at this point. Table is modified/updated with correct detail information and summary line. Report opens and queries the table correctly (always). Issue: Each Graph has a select statement based on each requirment (two items only) and the report runs 95...

Synchronization problem with Outlook Web Access
A few weeks ago we had some problem with our servers, and we reinstalled everything, but we restored the exchange database. Now I have a problem with some old calendar items. They generating reminders in Outlook Web Access, and they are visible there, however I cannot delete them. Using Office Outlook these items are not visible, as if they are non-existing. How can I solve this issue? ...

Need Microsoft Access to run on my Mac Powerbook
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I've been told I need to buy Virtual PC for my Mac and then Microsoft Office 2008 (for the PC, which includes ACCESS) in order to use MS Access for a college course I'm taking. I do believe that once I get Virtual PC, I could get MS Access as a temporary free download for 60 days. My questions: 1. is the above info correct? 2. where do I get Virtual PC for my Mac? cost? 3. Is Virtual PC easy to use or will I need to buy a book to explain it to me? 4. How about ease-of-use of Microsoft Access? Thank you to whomever can give me some ...

Import or link to access db
Hi, I've tried posting this query before - but can't find it in the forum. So here goes again. We have Outlook 2007 and on that a shared folder for contacts (with Exchange server). We also have a list of contacts in Access (2003) - Ideally we would like these linked to Outlook. I understand from other posts that the link wizard is not ideal. Being a sunsidiary company it is a difficult and arduous process getting approval for new software - otherwise we'd get something like ContactGenie. My programming skills are limited so any advice is welcome. Is there perhaps a...

Bank Transfer " Access to CheckBook denied"
I have quite a strange problem. I have a user who is failing to Transfer funds from one CheckBook to another. Under Bank Transfer Entry Window when the user tries to select a CHECK BOOK ID he receives a message that he does not have access to CheckBook. But the funny thing is that the user has been granted access to the CHECK BOOK under CHECK BOOK Acess. And I checked his status in the Check Book table and its set to 1. I have refreshed security permissions for the user under Advanced Security for forms,reports and smarlist for the Cashbook Model. Any ideas where I should start lookin...

limit domain admin group access in Exchange environment
We have exchange 2003 and we need to limit the access the domain admins have from editing accounts but it still allows them to view key fuctions like view the Exchange server manager console, but are not able to edit the mailboxes or accounts. Thanks Right, you shouldn't make those people "Domain Admins". They should have rights only on applicable OUs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CE5FB8-C280-4213-8828-2C7B860524C6@microsoft.com......

Display a count of unique records in a query in Access 2007
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be in this group, or Reports, but I'll start here. I have a user who would like to do a count of unique records and display the information in a query, or a report. Here are the basics: She has a list of donors, some of the donors donate more than once to the same cause. What she would like is a list of the number of donors, per cause. But, if the donor ID repeats for the same cause, she does not want that ID counted again. Example: We can get a query to return a count of the records per cause. It is returning a value of "7" for a cause,...

Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo
Good day, We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2 Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password. If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are not authorized to view this page" If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords using the Options section. I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access ...

Percent value rounds up in Access
I have a table with a field that is set to Number, Double, format percent, 3 decimals THere is a form through which the value is entered into the table. Its format is set to Percent and 3 decimals When the value is entered into that field, it displays 3 decimals of a percent - but the actual value is rounded to the second decimal point. How can I get to display the Percents WITH 3 decimals without rounding? Thanks, When I go to the Format tab of the properties sheet for the control that displays the value and set the Format to Percent and the Decimal Places to 3, I get a percent with three d...

Outlook Web Access Error #2
We have a front end / back end Exchange 2003 setup. When some users log into OWA they receive a you are not authorized to view this page error. As soon as they refresh their browser window, their mailbox shows up. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike We've had this as well and apparently that happens when the password is about to expire. After changing the password, this doesn't happen anymore. I found no solution for this. "Mike Fefferman" <fefferman@news.org> wrote in message news:%23S6NpdkLFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have a front end / back end Exchange 20...

string comparsion using access--help
Hi I using access 2003. I am trying to compare data from two tables. Table A and Table B. Table A has 12 digits in 1 column and table b has 10 digits in 1 column. I need to compare Table A data starting in position 2 and ending in positon 11. I tried using instr function but it did not work. SELECT A.ItemLookupCode, B.ItemLookupCode FROM A, B WHERE InStr(2, A.ItemLookupCode, B.ItemLookupCode,11, COMPARE) Thanks Cbs On Jun 28, 1:56 pm, "Cheryl" <cboxiesc...@mindspring.com> wrote: > Hi > I using access 2003. I am trying to compare data from two table...

How to identify which credit card is declined
When my client accept multiple credit cards and one or more of them is declined, the cashiers are unable to immediately determine which one. The message that RMS provides is not identifying the problem card. The client is using RMS 2.0 with PC-Charge. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is this an old problem that can be resolved with an upgrade? Thanks in advance for a quick response. ...

Paying credit card issuing banks in payables
We're just converting to GP 9.0 The bank for our corporate credit card is a vendor. Each month we add an invoice for the minimum due (which happens to be the interest and is distributed as such). This is nice because we can see on our cash flow reports what the minimum payment is and when it's due. But... We always pay more than the interest (minimum due), to pay down principle and new charges. So... My first inclination was to create an additional invoice each month that only included the principle portion of the transaction.... tedious. Then I thought, why not just create a ...

It it possible to create a database in Access for this:
Hi, Im trying to create a database, but not having much luck. Im new to MS Access. I would like to use a switchboard that people open - it will be used by at least 6 people - so when they open it they have 3 or 4 options to choose from - nice a simple - not confusing for anyone on where to go or what to do. On that i was going to add a form to fill in details on clients. Then from the information that is added in that goes to a table. Such as Name, Number, DOB, location will be filled out for each client. Under that - 10 drop down menus to click on different jobs. Each job goes into a sep...

Windows Terminal Server 2008 / non-clients need to access internet
I have a terminal server environment. I have access points all over the school. I would like visitors to be able to access the internet but in order to get on you have to open a session. How do I get it shared to non-client pcs? -- rubantin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rubantin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190718.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1311934.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello rubantin, "How do I get it shared to non-client pcs?" Do you mean with ...

web access
Hello, I'm currently running an Active Directory 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. When clients access their emails via Web Access, they are not seeing any emails in only a few folders that they have created. Emails are in the folder if accessed through Outlook but not Web Access. Any Ideas? Thank In Advance... Sam They're not delivering mail to a PST are they? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "mr S" <mrS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD348774-CE0C-4437-9B9D-EFA8A698DC6C@microsoft.com.....

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients", "Users with exchange mailbox"). Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking ...

access newsgroups
I have gotten very confused. Nothing New. I have a new desktop computer with windows 7 and office 2007(Access,Excel,Etc). I am using Outlook for email and my web browser is Explorer. On my old machine I used to go to Newsgroups through through Outlook express but my dsl/ISP provider ATT blocked Newsgroups.So I have not been able to access newsgroups for some time. Now With my new machine I would like to access the Microsoft public newsgroups for ACCESS and EXCEL, ETC. Now I understand Microsoft has established forums instead of newsgroups and has provided a way to access newsgr...

Using excel add-ins in access
I installed an addin for excel. I then created a simple form in an Access db and in the code editor window, I went to Tools...References and picked the add-in as a reference. In the code, I'm trying to call the add in : **** Dim MyStockQuote As MSNStockQuote.Functions Set MyStockQuote = New MSNStockQuote.Functions Me.txtStockQuote.Value = MyStockQuote.MSNStockQuote("MSFT", "Last", "US") **** This is erroring out. When try to debug, the error number I get is 2015. The text in the txtStockQuote is #Error. Am I calling the add-in function ...

Help with: A program is trying to access address book
I still can't get this dialog box to stop popping up. Currently Running Incredimail Outlook add-on and Mailfrontier v4.x. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- **:::::>>:��:*�`����`*:��:<<:::::** .��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. **:::::>>:��:*�`����`*:��:<<:::::** {��} WrOnG NuMbEr RoCoCcO, yOu .��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. ..��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b02c40957db440f9896b4@news.newsgroups.ws>... > I still can't get this dialog box to stop popping up. > Currently Running Incredimail Outlook add-on an...