Denali (SQL 2012) Support

Hi All

We're currently running GP10.0 with SP3 (and Binary Stream) on 2005

We were planning to upgrade to 2008 R2 soon, but with Denali (2012)
being RTM about 4 weeks ago, we may hold off a month or so and go
straight to Denali.

Anyone know if our version is compatible with Denali?

Anyone tested on CTP versions?

Regards

Mark

Query questions (SQL statement) Listbox versus Subform
hi everyone: i have a form that is supposed to display my records in a large variety of ways. To sort them i have 3 combo box (Cmb1 , Cmb2, Cmb3), 2 datetime Picker(DTP1, DTP2) and 6 checkbox (Chk1, .... Chk6, in order to control which field i wanna see). to display those fields i made a query and a listbox in the first place. ( i don't really know if is the best solution. A subform wouldn't be better ?) Anyway: 1. if i don't fill any of them, it just display the all data according to my query 2. But when i fill one of them i want the data to be sorted according to my ...

NT support
Does anyone know if older versions of MST Money support NT? IF so which version. Thanks Many versions of Money worked mostly in NT. There were always some limitations like Administrators had to run them. No version of Money was ever SUPPORTED on NT, IIRC. "mgoodwin@strategictechnology.us" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219d01c3e11d$abd1cb20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if older versions of MST Money support > NT? IF so which version. ...

Language Support in From and Subject fields
I have enabled Russian Language support in Vista for use in Outlook 2007 for a user who deals extensively with the Russian market. There is no problem in viewing and entering cyrillic alphabet characters in the body of the e-mail but Outlook will not allow display cyrillic alphabet characters in either the From field or the Subject field. Nor will it allow these characters to be entered in these fields from the keyboard when composing an e-mail. The problem is two-fold. We cannot see the e-mailer's name and when we send an e-mail with the subject in English it may be deleted as spa...

money 2005 email support and product ID
I tried enter my product ID in the format as suggested and form the "about money", but the ms support web rejected it . I double and triple check the enter number and format still I can not get through. what Can I do? ahhh. I must be having internet problem or something. after rebooting PC, I was able to get through. https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?med=online&prid=8102&trl=so&enty=pid&gprid=35852&ln=en-ca&c1=504&as=1 "gg" <gg@nomail.nil> wrote in message news:uSSAY3IHFHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I trie...

Setting Primary Key on a Linked SQL Table
I am linking to SQL tables. On one of them, the "Select Unique Record Identifier" dialog box comes up, and I have to choose one or more fields for my primary key. How can I program this in VBA so that this step is done automatically? If it helps, this is the line of code I use to link the table: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC", strCon, acTable, "AttendanceCode", "dbo_AttendanceCode", , True Thank you. Bruce Hum, this should be done automatically, if I remember correctly. The first thing to do would be to make sure that a primar...

Execution of SQL Server Jobs after downtime 01-20-10
Dear all I have a SQL Server 2005 SP2, running on a virtual 64bit box with windows server 2003, that uses SQL Server Agent to execute several jobs with a schedule. IT department is shutting down this server often for maintance. It happens every 2 or 3 weeks. Some scheduled jobs should be executed while the server is down. Now it is clear when the server is turned off, no job can run. My question now is, will be the jobs, that did not run because the server was down at the job start time, be executed after the server is rebooted or will it take the next date in the schedul...

Conversion from Jet to SQL
I have a question on the conversion from the normal Jet engine Access to SQL. Our DBA is defining all of our current production tables to SQL and all of the table names are beginning with 'dbo_'. I was wondering if we can assign an alias to the table so we do not have to change all the queries to the new table name. Or if there is a better/different way to accomplish the conversion, I would love to hear that as well. Thanks for all your assistance. Just rename the tables in the Access front-end. The links will still work. "Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft....

SFO and SQL DE
I have installed the Sales for Outlook client on 2 machines, a Windows 2000 SP4, and a Windows XP Pro SP2 with the KB870635 update. On both computers the SQL Server desktop engine icon in the system tray shows no connection, where normally one sees a green triangle. In the application logs of both machines are warning messages: Source: MSSQL$CRM Category: (8) Event ID: 19011 Description: The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$CRM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remot...

Moving SQL Express Database
Hey, We have a client on 3.0 with a user that switched machines while in offline mode. They installed the Laptop client on the new machine and now they need to move the SQL Express db from the old machine to the new one. How can we make this happen? Is there a database file we can copy and move to the new machine?? Any help would be great... ...

Sql Server 2005. Best configuration and parameters.
Hi, We have a website (.NET 2.0 on IIS 6.0) and a Sql Server 2005 (9.0.4035) running on the same machine, a Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 with 8 GB RAM (Xeon E5405 2 Ghz). The website works with stored procedures. And max 20 users at the same time. We are wondering the best following parameters for this particular configuration... So, we have 2 questions: Firstable, what is the best configuration for the 8 processors (0 --> 7) for the processor affinity and the I/O affinity ? Today we have: Id Proc Proc Affinity I/O Afiinity 0 1 ...

Syntax to write a null value inside a sql Insert string?
Is there a way to represent the null value as a string (destination: varchar column) the way that the following string represents a null value for a date? Public Const cNullDate As Date = #12:00:00 AM# Writing to an Access 2003, (conversion) table with VS2005 in VB.NET. Within the table is a field named VSubType1 with a validation rule of: "In ('P','O') Or Is Null" The declare/move/insert statements look like this (shortened example): Dim intRecNbr As Integer = 0 Dim VSubType1 As Object (defined as Text 1 column in Access) Dim V1...

Selects in SQL Server 2005 or 2000
Does select statement lock the table or page or row? If yes, is there a way to prevent it from being locked? Thanks in advance YEs, SELECT acquire shared locks (at the level SQL Server feel is a good think, row, page, table). You can ask for READ UNCOMMITTED/NNOLOCK, but that has potential data integrity consequences, so it should only be done after considering those. Here's a good start: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c626d75f-ff62-41bb-9519-10db3b50bee5.aspx -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.c...

laying out iscsi drives for SQL
Is there a best practice for laying out a disk structure on a Windows Target server for an SQL server initiator's drives? Point being, when configuring the drives on the iSCSI Host, you format them as the VHD, then should you format the drives the same way as on the initiator, in this case an 2008 SQL server? We have formatted the drives on the iSCSI host with default settings, and then on the initiator, our SQL server, we format the drives with a 64K allocation size. We are trying to determine the optimal size of formatting the disks. Should both servers’ drives be formatt...

Moving SQL to new Server
I am currently running MSCRM and SQL on the same box, and I plan on moving the DB's to another server that will be dedicated to this one task. Aside from restoring the DB's from my backup on the current server, using serfver manager to re-associate SQL and CRM, and reinstalling Exchange connector what else do I need to do? After replication is enabled on the new SQL server, do i need to reinstall the SFO client or will it simply work? Any insight is greatly appreciated! ...

Using different version of SQL Server for Test and Production
We are upgrading our Production CRM environment from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2K5. For an unknown amount of time, our Test environment will still be running SQL Server 2000. Is it possible to successfully import customizations into a SQL Server 2K5 evironment from a SQL Server 2000 environment? Has anyone ever tried this? Thank you, Terry M. Yes, Microsoft CRM customization in v3.0 can be import/export between environment running either SQL Server 2000/2005 (both are supported by v3.0). Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Terry M." wrote: >...

Outlook 2002 Greek font support
Hi when I try to switch to Greek while trying to write a subject name in a message outlook automatically reverts to english. In the text area it is ok i can revert to greek. How can I fix this? Thank you ...

SQL Server
What's the easiest / quickest way to connect to SQL Server 2005 from VC++ 2005? then I will do some DB query and plug the result set into C++ objects The quickest way is View->Other Windows->Server Explorer or CTRL+ALT+S and then connect to your SQL server by creating a new data connection. Then you should be able to see the SQL structrues and have something to play with Andy "June Lee" <iiuu66@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:20qku396448b4v9suuekq6mavq4g4tq2rm@4ax.com... > What's the easiest / quickest way to connect to SQL Server 2005 from > V...

SQL.REQUEST Array Formula Help Needed
I need help with an SQL.REQUEST query I'm trying to run. The data file is set up like this: Number Name Value 111111 ABCD 345 222222 EFGH 456 333333 KLNO 984 444444 VXYZ 323 The sheet with the SQL.REQUEST looks up the number and returns the corresponding value (the name is not used). However, the numbers are not in numerical order (i.e., not in the same order as on the data sheet). If I do this as separate formulas for each number, it works fine, however it takes a long time to calculate. Is there any way to do this as an array formula? I want to be able to get the follow...

OPEN EXCEL
Dear Members, We're proud to launch OPEN EXCEL under the GNU Public License v3 which means it's available with source code to reach the maximum users around the globe with rapid development, more robust & innovative features. Since, public forums like these are hub of great professionals, knowledge sharers and bug shooters, hence we thought to launch it here. While beginners may download it, use it and can learn from it, amateur, experienced and professionals may contribute their some time and mind in developing it further ... Below are Google project links to download, develop a...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

SQL Server Enterprise Manager
Anybody know how I would go about in loading this ?? It was installed on my PC by someone who no longer works for my company. My hard drive crashed and I had to rebuild everything but I can't find any doc's to re-install the SQL Server Enterprise Manager from M/S online help. You would need the SQL server Installation CD. Install client tools only on your PC. HS "Eddy_L" <Eddy_L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E00D5ED1-B879-4F30-BBB5-C4073182E316@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how I would go about in loading this ?? It was installed on > my...

Product 0 does not support upgrading from version 9.0.358
I am doing a test GP 9.0 Server upgrade to GP10. I just installed "sp4 & end of year tax updates" successfully. I went through the upgrade steps, installing GP 10 from the CD disc 1, then installed GP 10 sp3. After rebooting, I started the GP Utilties. Errored out with "There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Please check the duinstall.log for more information." The duinstall.log shows this error... Failure encountered ON 12/12/2008 at 3:36:22 PM. Error: Product 0 does not support upgrading...

Excel Add-In for SQL Server Analysis Services Error -- Need Help
I have the add-in installed and it was working. However, lately I keep getting an error stating: Excel Add-in for Analysis Services has not been initialized I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. Anyone help out here? Alan ...

Net Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector fo
Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server when using the GP connector? The documentation states: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the integration server, or both? I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because CRM is on the same device. Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or has anyone found a way around it? ..NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications should be able to work on the same mac...