Denali (SQL 2012) Support

Hi All

We're currently running GP10.0 with SP3 (and Binary Stream) on 2005

We were planning to upgrade to 2008 R2 soon, but with Denali (2012)
being RTM about 4 weeks ago, we may hold off a month or so and go
straight to Denali.

Anyone know if our version is compatible with Denali?

Anyone tested on CTP versions?

Regards

Mark

GP9 with SQL 2005
Hi Everyone, I have upgraded the GP 7.5 to 9.0 with SQL Server 2005. This is a new installation of SQL server 2005 standard. I restored the 7.5 databases to it. GP Utility runs fine without issue and most GP9.0 runs fine without issues. Now, when in "Bank Transaction Entry", I have the error message "The stored procedure aagRenumberAADists returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 22004. The description of this error code could not be found, because the error code table has been modified or a description wasn't entered for this error code.&...

Looking for application skinning engine that supports color themes.
I am looking for an application skinning engine that supports colour themes. Winamp is an example of an app supporting colour themes. For example in Winamp I can pick the "Winamp Modern" skin and apply one of the 30 or so color themes to that skin - so it's the same skin in different colors. I have looked at various skinning engines such as skinmagic, themeengine, directskin, etc, but none of those support color themes. Can anyone point me to such a skinning app? Thanks. http://www.bcgsoft.com/FeatureTour/tour88.htm Tom <meyer_phillip@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

GP 9 support ending
Just got back from Convergence....it was a LOT better (in my opinion) than the last one I attended back in 2007 - more "training" type sessions and less sales hype. Anyway, they announced the availability of GP 2010, and it got me wondering when GP 9 would drop off support (we're still on 9 - and apparently, a lot of people at Convergence still are, too). I don't know if it's just me, but I have a hard time interpreting the information about the product lifecycle on CustomerSource. It appears that the main support will end on 1/11/2011, but it's uncl...

Problem accessing SQL server 2008 job history
I've been using code along the lines of... [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.SqlServer.SMO') | Out-Null $sqlServer = New-Object ('Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Server') $instance $jobHistoryFilter = New-Object ('Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.JobHistoryFilter') $jobHistoryFilter.OutComeTypes = 'Failed' $sqlServer.JobServer.EnumJobHistory($jobHistoryFilter) ....To access SQL server job history. Which until now has worked OK. We have just had a SQL server 2008 instance setup. When I try t...

Outlook to SQL Database
Hello - I've seen many posts about contacts, but not much about grabbing regular mail fields from a PST... or with my other twists, etc Basics: Exch 2k3 on Win2k3, Outlook 2000 (moving to 2003 shortly) on Win2k Pro I have journaling enabled on the mail server. The account that is used for journaling is logged in on a client full time and a rule dumps all messages to a PST file. I roll the PST periodically to avoid hitting the PST limits, etc... I'd like to take data from these PSTs (either after they're in the PST at the client or perhaps on the fly at the client or server...

CELKO, I have a problem with your book "Analytics & OLAP in SQL"
CELKO, your Analytics & OLAP in SQL book arrived last week and I started reading it today. Unfortunately, pages 13 through 60 are missing. Could you possibly replace it for me, or perhaps send me a PDF of the missing pages? I need to read it sooner rather than later. new DBA in '09 (ericbragas@gmail.com) writes: > CELKO, your Analytics & OLAP in SQL book arrived last week and I > started reading it today. Unfortunately, pages 13 through 60 are > missing. Could you possibly replace it for me, or perhaps send me a > PDF of the missing pages? I need to read ...

!!! Warning
To all New Installations be careful on your install As I have discovered the hard way. POS 2009 on Domain Controller Not Supported. Forget about using SBS 2008 or SBS 2003 or even Win2003 as a domain controller. It simply does not work and you will get errors trying to create database and will fail on creating user accounts. No resolution in site. Problem reported in Sep 2009 and stills no resolution on this and also weather it will be supported on a domain controller. Needless to say it is disappointing as most small business will go for SBS platform for low cost features, but...

Backup-Restore SQL server database using C#
Hi! I'm trying to use SMO from C# to backup and restore (restore over an existing database) a SQL-server database (SQL-server 2005). Everything is working but when I add a few lines of code where I try to read the datafile information which I will use to re-locate data files during the restore I receive an error message. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine(file.FileName); I receive the following error {"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlErro...

sql service pack 3
Below is a statement from Microsoft. So i should upgrade to SP3 for the dpm 2007 using Express Edition ? ============================================== We would like to remind all customers that Service Pack Support for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on January 12, 2010 and support for SQL Server 2008 RTM will end on April 13, 2010. Microsoft is ending support for these products as part of our Service Pack support policy, found in http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle. Both SQL Server 2005 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 RTM will no longer receive a...

SQL Server 2008
Hello, I have just completed a migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2008 and am in the process of applying the finishing touches on the SQL 2008 server. I am currently creating Alerts and was looking for recommendations on what performance alerts to add. I have added a few obvious ones like Deadlocks = 1 and errors/sec > 0 and as I am new to SQL Server 2008 I was wondering what other counters people alert on regularly. I did some quick Googling but couldn't find any satisfactory articles. Some quick specs on my system, the database is primarily a back-end for our ...

SQL Help needed
I'm trying to zero the Reorder points and restock levels, for branch 2 and category 546. What's wrong with the statement below, it zero's everything for branch 2. UPDATE Itemdynamic SET itemdynamic.Reorderpoint ='0', itemdynamic.restocklevel ='0' FROM itemdynamic, item WHERE itemdynamic.storeid = '2' AND item.categoryID = '546'; This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C75C15.2134DE50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You didn't join ...

SQL 2008 Loop through objects and set permissions
Hi I am developing a new SQL 2008 db for a client and they will be using it for basic functions while I continue to develop it. I am using names for the objects that tell me which users / roles are allowed to execute, select, read etc but it can take a lot of time to set the permissions - and it is easy to forget to do it. I would like to create a stored proc which would loop through each set of objects (ie the tables, views and SPs) and set their permissions according to my naming rules (eg SPs with names beginning AP - - grant execute to role1, read to role2). Can anyone get me star...

Question about SBS2008, Windows Server 2008 and SQL 2008
I have SBS2008 premium setup. Windows Server 2008 is setup and joined to the SBS2008 domain. I have SQL 2008 installed on the Windows Server 2008. If I unjoin the Windows Server 2008 from SBS 2008 will SQL 2008 still run? Please advise and thanks. john doe wrote: > I have SBS2008 premium setup. Windows Server 2008 is setup and joined to the > SBS2008 domain. > I have SQL 2008 installed on the Windows Server 2008. > If I unjoin the Windows Server 2008 from SBS 2008 will SQL 2008 still run? > Please advise and thanks. > > The SQL shipped with the SBS ...

SQL server 2008 Traces
hi All, I am not able to query trace files(.trc) with fn_trace_gettable. Background is like I have creates 10 trace files and I have been trying to query it with fn_trace_gettable function however I am getting an error " File 'F:\02192010_170130.trc' either does not exist or is not a recognizable trace file. Or there was an error opening the file." I am running my SQL server 2008 on windows 2008. Kindly request your help. Thanking you. Thank you. Prasad Behere (PrasadBehere@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I am not able to query trace fi...

Is it possible to synchronize data from an SQL table to an Exchange Server
Is it possible to have a replication or synchronization between contact info stored in an SQL db's table and the Contacts or Public folders of an Exchange Server. Sure - programmatically, it can be done. Check out MSDN for more info. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "D Gauthier" <dgauthier_nospam@nospam-liaison-intl.com> wrote in message news:A5wZb.3163$Hg4.1407@chiapp18.algx.net... > > Is it possible to have...

SQL Server 2005 Editions and CRM 3.0 SBS
Yesterday I attempted to install CRM 3.0 SBS on a freshly installed Windows 2003 SBS Premium Edition server and ran into an unexpected issue. It looked like SQL Server 2005 was installed, Reporting Services was there, etc./ But when I tried to install CRM, it failed with an error saying that the "Workgroup Edition" of SQL Server was not supported and that I needed to install SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition. This is the first I've heard this and haven't been able to find any documentaiton to support this. Is this the case? Thanks, Tom Greendyk ...

2011
I'm looking for a calendar template for 2011 - 2012 for powerpoint 2003 ...

Smartlist builder and new SQL view
I have created a view in SQL 2005. I've used the view with crystal reports and had no problems. I was going to create a smartlist with smartlist builder but when I look for the view under Add SQL Table, it is not there. I granted DYNGRP select, insert, update, and delete permissions. I see other views that I have created but not this one. What am I missing? We are on GP 10.00.1061 -- ToddR Todd, you need to explicitly grant SmartList Builder permissions to the view. To do this: - Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > SmartList Builder > Security > SQL Table Security -...

Linked MS SQL Server Tables
Using Linked MS SQL Server Tables in an mdb Access Database, if a query (not passthrough) includes joins, where, groupby (summations), and order by statements, what part of the query is executed on the SQL Server and what part is executed locally in Access? Jet is the master of the transaction, in that case. MS SQL Server is limited to supply/maintain its data, as any other heterogeneous source. Remember that your query can refer to a table stored natively in Jet, another table in MS SQL Server and a third table, in the said query, can come from Excel ! You can run the following query...

Moved SharePoint DB using SQL Alias unable to backup with DPM2010 RC
Hello: I am unable to backup our SharePoint 2007 farm due to error 956. DPM cannot protect your Windows SharePoint Service farm until you install agents on the following servers: <Virtual Server IP> Farm consists of 3 WFEs and a SQL 2008 Failover Cluster with 2 nodes, all running Windows 2008 R2. Agent is installed on 1 WFE and both SQL servers. The SQL connection is aliased. When I run ConfigureSharepoint -ResolveAllSqlAliases it reports each of the databases with an acceptable clustername. (eg Database Name: SharePoint_Config, Alias Name:<Alias IP>, Logical Pa...

Unable to delete Database backup in SQL Server 2005/2008
I have serveral database servers with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 when I create the maintenance plan to delete backup files older than 5 days old. I run the maintenance plan jobs it does not delete any backup files. The databhase servers have the following versions: SQL Server 2005 SP3 and SQL Server 2008 SP1 Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks so much for the help. Is there anything in the Server Event logs that would indicate the maintenance task is failing and if so what is it? It might be a permissions issue, or it may be the SQL Server Agent ser...

install sql server problem
I have SSPI error for the sql server, I could not solve the problem, so I uninstalled sql server 2005 and sql server 2005 express from add/remove programs. Then I installed sql server 2005 first. I got an error when installing sample application, it said I did not have administrator permission. Although I did not logon as admin, I am a member of administrator. I didn't understand what was the real problem, so I skipped the procedure. I continued to install the sp1 for the sql server 2005, then I got error that says "your account information could not be verified for o...

retrieving sql:datatype in xsd
hi all, I need to read the xml schema file and retrieve the sql:datatype element value in the xsd file. The schema file format is below <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="safe_job" type = "xsd:string" sql:datatype="varchar(255)" /> </xsd:sequence> Can anyone give me a sample code to retrieve the value varchar(255) from sql:datatype and store it in a string using vb.net. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Microsoft support for XPointer and XLink
Microsoft support for XPointer and XLink what micrsoft technologies support XPointer and XLink? Daniel wrote: > Microsoft support for XPointer and XLink > > what micrsoft technologies support XPointer and XLink? None. Mvp.Xml project supports XPointer pretty well, see http://xmlmvp.org/xpointer -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD] http://www.XmlLab.Net | http://www.XLinq.Net | http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

GP 9 and SQL 2008
Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server? I also am using Business Portal and FRx. We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months. GP 9.0 is not supported on SQL Server 2008 and there have been some reported issues running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Unless there is absolutely no choice, I would recommend waiting until your upgrade to GP 2010 to go to SQL 2008. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP (2005 - 2010) Want to run Crystal and SSRS reports from GP? http://www...