Default site on SOP transaction based on order type?

We have an inspection site set up that we use for all material that is
returned to us.  I'd like to customize SOP entry so that the site id defaults
to this inspection site for returns.  Otherwise the standard defaults for the
site id would apply.  Has anyone done this type of customization?  Any
suggestions / pointers would be appreciated.
--
Jim@TurboChef
0

VBA would enable you to add this functionality. The code is fairly simple.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> We have an inspection site set up that we use for all material that is
> returned to us.  I'd like to customize SOP entry so that the site id defaults
> to this inspection site for returns.  Otherwise the standard defaults for the
> site id would apply.  Has anyone done this type of customization?  Any
> suggestions / pointers would be appreciated.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
0
callen (2505)
8/14/2006 1:35:01 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_25FDEE32

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!

This is something that could be done with a customization.  If you are
needing further assistance with this, please submit another thread with VBA
in the subject line so that someone from the Tools/Developer Support Team
will pick up and answer the thread.

Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_25FDEE32

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hi Jim,
\par
\par Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
\par
\par This is something that could be done with a customization.  If you are needing further assistance with this, please submit another thread with VBA in the subject line so that someone from the Tools/Developer Support Team will pick up and answer the thread.
\par
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_25FDEE32--

0
dvanrade (102)

How do I set the default zoom to 90% ? (i.e. not 100%!)
ms Excel 2002 /Windows 2000 Pro Hi How do I set the default zoom to 90% rather than 100%? I have a high resolution monitor, and have set the MS Windows 2000 text size to large. But in excel it is slightly too large and I keep needing to zoom out... Or is there a setting to change the screen DPI or something...?! Any suggestions? Ship Shiperton Henethe In my startup add-in, I have a class module, "MyWindowClass" with the following code (among other events): Public WithEvents oApp As Application Private Sub oApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Excel.Workbook) Wi...

Default Address Book
When I go into NEW and hit TO my address book comes up with the whole address book. How do I make the default my office only and the rest showing under the pull down on the right hand side. In the regular windows version under tools you had an option called services and you were able to change that default there. I cannot find anything even close to that in XP Thanks Please restate your questions more clearly. Include accurate descriptions of what you are doing and the Outlook versions you are using. Try not to confuse operating system version with Office versions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP...

usb with interupt transfer type
i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the usb driver with interupt transfer type . Hi, I would recommend using WinUSB for forward compatibility. Asaf suhas <suhas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, >transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the >usb driver with interupt transfer type . As I pointed out when you posted this question o...

Changing the Tab Order
Hi, I'm wondering how do you change the tab order between fields on an input form? All replys are appreciated. Well, you really can't... But you can accomplish the same thing, usually, by changing either the size (1 column or 2) or the positioning of fields. It seems to go down the first column until it finds a field that is two columns wide, or the end of the section. Then, it goes to the top field in the right column, then down that column until the end of the section. So by positioning fields in the section differently, or resizing fields, you can usually get the effect y...

Always asking for default profile
Hi there. I'm using Win XP and Office 2003. Now that I've installed a Pocket PC, if i sync it when outlook isn't running, it asks me to select the default profile. It does this even when I tick the box marked "set as default profile". I don't get this message when I run outlook - only when I sync it. Any ideas? John ...

Order By not working under IIS7/Access database
Simple query, ordered by dDateField desc, cCharField asc, nNumericField asc. Irrespective of whether I have the "ASC" keywords in there, it's behaving as though the query is specifying DESC on all three order fields. Anyone notice this in IIS7? Tried multiple variations, no go. Thoughts? Steve ...

GoDaddy cert stuffed up SBS 2003 site (w' ISA), OWA, OMA etc not working...
I've installed a new GoDaddy SSL turbo cert on a domain - as my undertanding is that Outlook HTTP over RPC will not work in an SBS 2003 R2 Premium environment with ISA installed, with the self-generated cert (which, BTW, has been working fine so far - but not for Outlook HTTP over RPC). So I've made put the cert on the server, transferred it to the default website, deleted the old temp site I used to generate the CSR and bring the cert in etc. All good, but now little is working.... The domain and cert is generated for adrock.com - so ... http://adrock.com/excha...

Macro
Hi, I have this database from column C to T and row 4 onwards. What I hope to achieve is to copy the entire row from C to T to another sheet (similarly from Column C to T and row 4 onwards) if the cell for that row in Column L is "Lost Case". At the same time, the selected rows to be copied in the original sheet should be deleted after being copied. Another consideration is that new data will be added to the original sheet from time to time and thus the database might expand or shrink (after being copied and delete, and the addition or new data). Thus, when the macr...

How do I create incremental numbers on an order form?
I am attempting to create an order form with incremental order numbers. When I print a number of pages I would like each page to have a new number, increased by 1, from the page before. What do you mean "Pages"? You can add page numbers to your headers or footers by hitting View-->Header and Footer. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7968359A-4EE5-4FC7-A681-3677A8DA75C4@microsoft.com... > I am attempting to create an order form with incremental order n...

Excel should allow me to change default number formats
I get irritated with some of the default settings within excel. I see that you can change the default setting for fonts, but not for number formats. Is there anyway there something that I'm missing with respect to this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

Recording Lots in Sell Transaction
I need to record a sell transaction with specific lots and I can't find where to pick lots. Help section "Record lots in an investment sale in Porfolio Manager" says the following: To change an allocation you've already entered, click the investment name. Right-click the transaction, click Reallocate Lots, and then make your changes. I can't find Reallocate Lots menu anywhere. I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Version 17.0.120.727 In microsoft.public.money, S. A. Gnezdov wrote: >I need to record a sell transaction with specific lots and I can&#...

Data Type Issue in Linked Excel Table
Hello, I have a table in acess that links to an excel spreadsheet. I have a field "Comments" that is a memo field, and all the text in that field shows up when i open up the linked spreadsheet in excel. Yet when i view that same linked data in access, the field is cut off even though it's specified as a memo. Looking at the data format of the "Comments" field in the linked table in access, i see that the data type for that field is @. I take this out, and i then see all the text in that field! The problem is, that it will NOT save that way...the @ s...

SOP Date Required rolldown?
Is there any utility or way to easily update the date required field for all the items on a sales order? My scenario is that I'll create 10 diff sales orders for a big sale to 1 customer (for different systems shipping at different times ). Now the shipping date is delayed by 2 months (due to construction delays, etc). In order to change the date required on the sales orders, I need to change it on every line of every sales order - changing it at the header-level of each document does not roll it down to all the line items. I can do this change through SQL, but that's not i...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Victorinox Swiss Army Base Camp Mens Watch V.25331
Victorinox Swiss Army Base Camp Mens Watch V.25331 Discount Watches Site : http://www.watchespurchase.com/ Victorinox Swiss Army Base Camp Mens Watch V.25331 Link : http://www.watchespurchase.com/victorinox-base-camp-mens-watch-V25331.html Victorinox Swiss Army Base Camp Mens Watch V.25331 Information : Brand : Victorinox Swiss Army Watches ( http://www.watchespurchase.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Army.html ) Gender : Mens Code : victorinox-base-camp-mens-watch-V25331 Item Variations : SWISS ARMY 24331 V24331, Victorinox-V24331 Movement : Quartz Bezel :...

Email Contact Order
When I am going to send an email and press the TO: button the contact list comes up as first name, last name. I would prefer last name, first name. When I examine the contact list, it displays as last name, first name. I cannot find anywhere to change this behavior. On mine if I go to the contacts and select View, Show the Last Name first, then in the message composition TO dialog, they sort that way. What version of WLM do you have ? Help (ALT+H), About WLM. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Greg Laskowski" <GregLaskowski@discussions.micros...

Initializing a user-defined type
Is there any quick way to initialize such a type when all the elements in it are the same e.g. Public Type typDates Date1 As Date Date2 As Date Date3 As Date Date4 As Date Date5 As Date End Type I'm not sure what you have in mind when you say you want to quickly initialize the elements, but... When you declare a variable as your type, its elements will be initialised to zero (as each element is a date type), as demonstrated by the following example: Public Type typDates Date1 As Date Date2 As Date Date3 As Date Date4 As Date Date5 As Date End Type Publi...

Change Default Folder for a specific Template
Hi All, I am sure that this is a really simple question, but here goes. I hav a PO template that I want to always save to this folder S:\Purchas Orders\ENG POs when it creates an .xls . I cannot seem anyway just t change this one template's default directory. Is there a way? Thanks, SheGee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You could add an auto_open() macro to your template that will change the folder path. And a before_close() routine to reset it before closing. -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "SheGeek >" <<SheGeek.zs364@excelforum-n...

? MVPs' Word FAQs website fails to work with Safari, but MVPs' Entourage site works fine
Can't the MVPs' webpages for Word FAQs be modified to make them compatible with the the Safari browser? There is NO problem in using Safari to access the MVPs' webpages for Entourage FAQs. I've used both Safari 1.0 and, since upgrading to OS 10.3.1, Safari 1.0 with the same success with the MVPs Entourage FAQs webpages and the same failures with the MVPs Word FAQs webpages. That said, I wish to commend the MVPs for creating the FAQs resources for both Entourage and Word users. That's a really valuable, generous service you've provided. Respectfully, Norman Nager ...

Many Transaction Logs
Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximately 120 users in this storage group that has 3 mailstores. Our other storage groups have more users but not nearly as much transaction logs. Could this indicate a problem? If so, how could we track it down? Thanks On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:29:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction >logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximate...

invalid OLE parameter type (vc++)
Hi all, I have an MFC app. I added an Automation Method via the ClassWizard which put this code in the .h file: afx_msg short dxOpen(); Then I added a parameter: afx_msg short dxOpen(CString* fName); Now when I try to go back to the ClassWizard, I get a parsing error: --- Parsing Error: "CString*" is not a valid OLE parameter type Input line: "afx_msg short dxOpen(CString* fName);" -- Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks J. J, The KB-article Q139072 details the acceptable parameter types for OLE automation. As the automation interface can be called from a nu...

Newbie: Start Typing not a full replace??
I tried to get the answer via Google...but nothing was coming up right. When I click on a cell in my worksheet and start typing it automatically replaces the text that currently exists. Is there a way (without having to double-click or go up to the top entry line) for me to quickly be able to start "adding" to what already exists? TIA -- ***************************** Bruce Duncan Director, Application Development Web Outsource, Inc. Hit F2 and start typing. Bruce D wrote: > > I tried to get the answer via Google...but nothing was coming up right. > When I click ...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

Move messages based on subject
I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering device that sends possible spam messages to the end user with a subject of [LIKELY SPAM]. I would like to setup a ?rule? at the exchange server level that any messages with a subject line of [LIKELY SPAM] be forwarded to the mail administrator. How can I set this up? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Rene On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:53:03 -0800, "Rene Ditton" <Rene Ditton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering &...

How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s.
Q : How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s... E.g How i will come to know that i typed more than specified charater, when i am typing in that particular cell Your character to test is in A1 In another cell enter =CODE(A1)>CODE("s"). You will get TRUE or FALSE Or use =IF(CODE(A1)>CODE("s"),"Bigger","Not bigger") -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dharamendra" <Dharamendra @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2427962-5283-43FD-B9B0-5B367EA2470A@microso...