Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll

Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and
Roles pre-installed.  Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from
scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f9f06379-d531-4588-b7fb-4bcecb2ffe8a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
JerryB1 (8)

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Outlook 2003 ..multiple instances in the task manager
Very often i find that Outlook is running with mulitple instances. and so i have actually have 3 little notificaiton envelopes in the right hand corner of my desktop, telling me i have new mail. THis is an indicator as well as my not being able to get mail for a second group of email accounts that i send/recieve from periodically. Typically when this happens, i also get an error message when i start up that says my outlook file did not close properly and needs to be checked. I have run scanpst.exe and check and repair and everything seems to be okay. I'm not sure if this is an A...

Default values
Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as normal.dot for Word ?? I want to set my Excel to factory defaults. -- Jerry Fortenberry Jerry *.XLB is basically the equivalent. It holds your Menus & Toolbars customizations. I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would have to be changed in Tools>Options. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry" <jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote: >Is there a file for Excel 2000 that se...

how do I change the default font size in endnotes? 02-28-10
How do I alter the default font size in endnotes? I've been qable to change the default typeface but the font size reverts to 10-point each time I create a new endnote. Endnote is a Style that you can modify. -- Rae Drysdale "kar201245" wrote: > How do I alter the default font size in endnotes? I've been qable to change > the default typeface but the font size reverts to 10-point each time I create > a new endnote. Did you change it by modifying the Envelope Return and Envelope Address paragraph styles? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft ...

Public Folder Calander Default View
We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and left as 'Month View' it appears to default to day view and needs to be set to month view by each user, and from what i am told will revert back to day view after logging out and relogging in to the network/exchange. Is there a way to set an attribut on this shared calendar that when it is opened by a client it will open by default in Month view? Thanks for any assistance. In news:2253CCBC-DD0D-4B2D-83AF-4115E4B0FFFD@microsoft.com, Civic <Civic@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have a Public Fo...

Default layout guides
Is there a way to set the default layout guides so that any time I open publisher they are preset? Thanks! Nancy You could create a template. Do your layout guides, save as Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45BA5C59-9B80-4607-8CB9-CF4FFFF881F5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set the default layout guides so that any time I open > publisher they are preset? > > Thanks! > Nancy > Ah yes I guess I could do that. I would like to just be ab...

Microsoft Outlook as a default for email
Hi Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot get it to work or recieve any emails and or import contacts form old files. Any one looking to help me please. John >Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot >get it to work or recieve any emails and or import >contacts form old files. Please give some symptoms. What happens when you try? What error messages display? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and...

Default Paper Sauce Setting
Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult paper setting is "Manual Feed", so each time before printing something I have to select the "Auto Feed", or select the tray number, or push the green button on my printer. My printer is HP LaserJet 4050TN. I want to change the "Auto Feed" as the paper sauce for my Excel. Thanks. I believe you right click on your Printer and choose Printing Preferences and make the change there. It should stay in whatever config. you choose. >-----Original Message----- >Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult pa...

Automatic Calucalation Default
I've read the previous threads regarding the default calculation setting returning to "Manual" I do use personal.xls for storing macros and suspcet this is related. The expert advice was to open Personal.xls to start the excel session and change the calculation setting to automatic. Unfortunately, personal.xls does not have a worsheet associated with it, therefore "options" is not available on the tools menu. Please advise. You could add a workbook, change the calculation. But if you close that temporary workbook, I think (I don't recall for sure) that ex...

GP10 Security Roles
I have setup and defined a new security role and attached that to a user - when I try to log in as that user I receive a message: You don't security privileges to this window. I looked at article 858718 but it doesn't seem applicable to GP 10 -- any ideas? Thank you Make sure that the new Security Role includes the DEFAULTUSER Security Task. Also look at what 3rd party customisations are installed. I have seen this issue caused by a 3rd party application which was not fully updated to behave correctly in the new pessimistic security model of v10.0 David Musgrave [MSFT] Esca...

Lebans Tooltip : Change Default Font Size ?
1. I need to increase the default Tooltip font size. Is this possible? 2. Also I would like to specify one of the icons to appear in the tooltip using : " ToolTip Icons (Set with TTM_SETTITLE)" Only problem is - how do I use TTM_SETTITLE to do this? I have tried : SendMessage(m_hwndTT, TTM_SETTITLE + TTI_WARNING, IcType, ByVal sText) but this does nothing..... Thanks Guy This functionality is exposed via the SetToolTipTitle method. To set one of the predefined Icons: '// ToolTip Icons (Set with TTM_SETTITLE) Private Const TTI_NONE = 0 Private Const TTI_INFO = 1 Private...

Header Default
When i want to choose a header to install on my document, i would like my default company document header to be a choice. I did not see an exact way to create this option. I have the header and cut/paste would be great if available and then to save it. What would the steps be to accomplish this? Thank You all. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:43:01 -0800,...

default sending address
Outlook has decided it knows what my email address is and unfortunately,it's wrong. What do I do to change the default email address on the mail I am sending out. Hi, please look in EXTRAS | OPTIONS | E-MAIL ACCOUNT | And there you could write your right email adress in the field EMail Adress. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook has decided it knows what my email address is and >unfortunately,it's wrong. What do I do to change the >default email address on the mail I am sending out. >. > vaughan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Out...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

hyperlink default settings
Hi all When I type a hyperlink address into a cell the default setting is font size 10/underline etc. How can I change this? I am using OfficeXP (Excel2002?) Sorry if this has been asked before. MTIA Elwyn Try changing the Hyperlink style to the size font you want. Format|Style|choose hyperlink|click modify (Styles are a workbook level setting--you'll have to do this for each workbook you want.) elwyn wrote: > > Hi all > > When I type a hyperlink address into a cell the default setting is font size > 10/underline etc. How can I change this? I am using OfficeXP...

Why the change in default color palette in Word 2007?
My team has been using the bright blue in Word 2003 default palette for specific need. We recently upgraded to Word 2007 (about time) and we've found this specific blue is no longer available in the defaults. In fact, the palette as a whole seem to be more muted and more "natural," which I really prefer. I'm trying to make a case for the new blue and wondered whether Microsoft conducted any surveys/studies (that I can access) to explain the color changes. It is still available. If you click on More colors you can select the colors you used in 2003. I also pref...

Any way to change default FIND options?
When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always is set to Look In Formulas. Is there any way to get is to default to Look In Values? thanks. One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls workbook (or any other workbook in the XLStart directory): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim result As Range Set result = Sheets(1).Cells.Find( _ What:="", _ LookIn:=xlValues) End Sub Find options are persistent, whether done in the GUI or in VBA, so doing a find will set the LookIn value for the next search. In ...

How to Default to Disconnected or Offline with Exchange Server
I would like to control my email by only getting it when I hit send/ receive. Is there a way to have Outlook to default to "disconnected" or "Offline" with the exchange server? "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:90fcdf34-1cf9-4a0a-a229-4fdc647839da@v23g2000pro.googlegroups.com... >I would like to control my email by only getting it when I hit send/ > receive. Is there a way to have Outlook to default to "disconnected" > or "Offline" with the exchange server? In an Exchange environment, Exchange pushes informa...

changing default font size
Hi How can i change the default font size in C++? when i use the TextOut function in MFC, the font size and colour is already a default. How can i change that? Ellie Creat a CFont object and use the CreateFont method to create the desired font. Then use CDC::SelectObject to select the CFont object and you're done. ...

Task "MS Exchange Server" reported error (0x80040119)
A user of mine got the error above on the subject line - they said they they get it at least 2/3 times a day. I searched the net, also find an article from Microsoft - it points the ..pst file Our mail is delivered to/stored on the exchange 2003 server, we use Outlook 2003. We do use archive.pst files for old/archived mail. do you believe I need to run inbox repair tool - as all of the information so far points to running the repair tool. When fist looking at the message with out the error number --- it looks like there is a problem between outlook and the exchange server...

SRS Default reports currency and date format
Hi there I have installed the SQL Reporting Services default reports supplied by Microsoft, which is very useful for the customer. However, I would like to know how to I change the date format and currency symbol on the reports. It currency displays the currency as '$', but we are in South Africa and the the date format to dsiplay dd/mm/yyyy and the currency to be 'R'. My regional settings are set correctly and the data within Dynamics displays correctly. Regards Robin Robin, You will need to change the Properties of the fields in question on the report itself. Ope...

Item not selected by default when changing folders
It used to be that I would change folders and the first item (contact, e-mail, whatever) would be selected/highlighted. I must have changed something though because now when I change folders, no item is selected. This is a real pain when I try to do a quick lookup of a contact (where you just type the first few characters), because I have to use my mouse to first highlight one of the contacts, and then start typing. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Default Tabs Question
Hi, We have Windows XP and Word 2003. We got a document from another party and noticed that the default tab sets are gone (there are no "hash" marks identifying the default tab stops every .05" on the ruler bar). I know one solution is to copy the document into a new blank Word document. I know we could also go into Format - Tabs and reset the Default Tab Stops at every .05" -- but I would have to select the entire document first. Is there a way I can restore Word's default tabs by going into, for example, Normal Style? Basically, I am just l...

Default pricelist
Is it possible to have a default value in the pricelist field (pricelistid)? In our company we don't use the pricelist, because we have about 10.000 products. I have created a default pricelist. Everytime I create a new product in the pricelist - for instance "price project x" You can set the pricelist by using javascript when opening the product form. Keep in mind that you should only fill this field when the formtype is set to create. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Harm Vestjens" wrote: ...

excel macro to automatically change default printer
I need a macro to change the default printer to another selected preselected printer. I can get a workbook to do this but only after its been opened and then re-run the macro. this is to automate a workbook that has to be printed out on one type of printer only and the users that will have it are not the sharpest biters in the food chain!! Hi James, Try something like: '=============>> Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.ActivePrinter = "HPPhpoto on LPT1:" End Sub '<<============= '=============>> Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() ...