Default Customer Checkbook ID does not default in Cash Receipts En

Hi!

This is a weird situation and I can't seem to replicate it on my local
install.  My client and I are both on GP 8.0 g 44.  I am accessing their GP
via Terminal Server.  On my local install, the checkbook on my Customer Card
(Customer Account Maintenance)  defaults in to the cash receipts entry window
as soon as I select the Customer ID.  However on my client nothing defaults
in -- I made sure that there is a checkbook identified on the Customer
Accounts Maintenance window.  Has anyone encountered this?   Thanks in
advance.
--
Marisol Mortera
0

QA for Manufacturing receipts
Hi All, We are trying to setup the QA for the first time and we found that it does not have any provision for putting Manufacturing output through QA. The QA setup and QA Incoming transactions are all about POP receipts(component purchases) NOT manufacturing receipts. Please advise us on how we can pass manufacturing receipts through QA process in GP. Thank You! LR You can't! There used to be a reference in the GP documentation for QA about manufacturing and when I pointed this out to them, they fixed the documentation and not the application. It does not work with manufacturin...

Delete Global Customer via Worksheet 51?
RMS V 1.3, soon to be 1.3R w/ hotfix. We have way too many "John Doe" and "_ New Customer" customers in our database. All of our customer's are created as Global. I would like to delete some of these, however we have some closed locations that remain a part of our database. I understand I can issue a Worksheet Style 601: Delete Global Customers, however, under the section "This Worksheet Should Apply to...", all locations are by default, accepted. I do not like to have any unprocessed worksheets out there, so, I do not like using this method. The clos...

Custom PageSetup dialog & help
I have a custom PageSetupDialog - done by following steps recommended by MSDN. I have a custom dialog resource built by adding a few fields to the standard page setup dialog dialog resource, and have used the PSD_ENABLEPAGESETUPTEMPLATE flag to get my dialog. It all works as expected. My application has help files setup and I have handlers for the various help messages (ID_HELP, ID_HELP_INDEX, ID_CONTEXT_HELP etc.). When the application is running and you are at the custom page setup dialog and press the F1 key - a context help is displayed for all the fields that the standard Page setup...

Requirements for customizing interfaces to CRM
First, I barely know how to spell "CRM", sop I apologize if this question has been asked before! We are considering using Microsoft's CRM at our office with SQL2000. We have a contract programmer developing an additional 'Commisions' reporting module for our financial needs. We will need to have that module push and pull information out of CRM, but also we will need to extend the database information maintained in the CRM database. Does Microsoft allow this type of customization top the CRM database/package? And if so, are there additional costs involved (for SDK, servi...

Calculate to another cell as default value
Hi. Given the following: A B C 1 5 9 __ 2 8 10 __ I'd like for the user to enter values in A and B and have Excel display B minus A in C as a DEFAULT value. That is, for row 1, once the user enters 9 in B, I want to display 4 in C but give the user the option to override the calculation. A formula in C won't work because the user would delete the formula if he overrides it. Thanx. I don't Why not use an extra column (C) and have this formula in D: =IF(C1="",B1-A1,C1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "...

Default Data/Log Folder for a SQL Instance?
I know that the default data and log folders for an instance are stored in the registry. I know how to obtain a list of all available SQL Instances on the network using the SqlDataSourceEnumerator static class. But is there a .NET way of getting the default data/log folders for any of the returned instances without accessing the registry of the server the instance resides on? "Joe Cool" <joecool1969@live.com> wrote in message news:da54313f-4aba-4fd7-9390-9b30e58b8422@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I know that the default data and log folders for an instance ...

Customer Combiner Error
I am receiving the following error when trying to use Customer Combiner in the Professional Services Tool Kit. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'AGPERAMT_1', table 'CFSTS.dbo.PA00521', column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. I have checked via sql and my specific customer does not exist in this table PA00521 although all other customer do exist here. any ideas? Sounds like the combiner is using the data in that table from the source customer and finding it null. Age the account. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for So...

Custom Report / Z Type
I need a custom report that gives me information by date in a Z-report type format. The first column would be batch and/or closing date. Then the next columns I need are: COGS Deposits made Deposits redeemed Sales (net of discounts and returns, pre-tax) Paid on account Paid to account Tax collected Over/short total Closing total (for each temder type, so multiple columns) Paid out total I checked out the Z report that is floating around out there. It is a good start, but I can't seem to modify it to suit my needs. Any help? The Combined/All Z Reports that I found on the http://ww...

Problem with Read receipt #2
I have a customer that as soon as she open her Outlook 2003 it starts sending read receipt notification to another individual. It is being sent every 1 minute and we cannot figure out what causing all this. When outlook is cloe, the read receipt is no longer sent. I have checked for rules and possible virus but no luck. Anybody have an idea where to look or what could cause such a behavior ? Thanks. Try going to Tools/Options then select e-mail options, select tracking options and at the bottom select ask me before sending a response. That might solve your problem. Jose >---...

Modifying default Crystal report template on CRM 1.2
Hi, I recently added a custom schema field in Leads. Now I want the added custom field to show up in the Leads report. After I added the custom field into the report template, when I view the report Crystal Viewer returns an error, "Unable to query". Can anyone help me? Thanks. ...

Customised power & sounds settings defaulting
Win XP Home SP3 (Single user with Admin privileges) For a long time now I have noticed that my customised power-saving settings and sounds scheme are not being "remembered" by Windows. They will be OK for a while, and then I will realise that they have both gone back to the default settings, although I cannot say if it is simultaneous. I have looked at HKEY_Current_ User/Control Panel/PowerCfg/Power Policies and there are 20 Policies listed - the 6 default settings and 14 customised ones (#6 is missing)! However, if I go to Control Panel/Power Options I am only offered tw...

Default value and font colours?
Hi, this is probably something really simple. I have a drop-down box that gets its selections from a table, all I want to do is set it up so that it automatically comes up with one of the items like a default value unless someone wants to change it, I had a look at the default value option in properties but cant work out how to direct it to an actual entry in a table? Also if you have a combo box that shows selections is it possible to make just one of the selections a different colour font from the others? Thank You for all your help! Jay -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.co...

is it possible to see an incoming phone call id in an excel cell?.
is it possible to see an incoming phone call id in an excel cell?... i ve caller id display installed on my phone line i can see the caller id on bt's little box also i ve tried few programs that gets caller id using modem info. but all these dont (cant) connect caller id infoin an excel cell which then retrieves info about customer who ownes the number. thanks ray Hi so you want a CTI solution? Never did this with Excel but as so many things it should be possible :-) - First it depends on your telephone system. What telephone solution are you using - If this is a professional telephon...

Event id:8063
Hello, I changed the dns suffix of my exchange server. The following error show up in my Application event log. Event id: 8063 Description: Could not read the root entry on directory (name of server) Cannot access configuration information. Do anyone knows a solution? Gr, MArco Is it a valid dns suffix for your AD environment? Any other changes in your environment? Nue "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBF32C29-2902-427F-A7ED-43C5EEFBF5E1@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I changed the dns suffix of my exchange server. > The following erro...

Customer Level Prices Changing After Additional Items Added to A Sale
Hello Ladies & Gents, Here's something wierd I have come across. If you define price levels for an item and then on the POS select a customer with a corresponding level and ring up that item, the item will show up with the level price and the bold font. However, if you ring up additional items that don't have price levels defined, the the price of the first item goes back to regular and the font changes back to normal! However, if you ring up all your items first and then select the customer, then items with price levels will be adjusted accordingly. Obviously, this is not...

Void a cash payout or drop
The void function only lets me void a sale. How can I void a payout? Merchants Consultings offer a wide range of consulting services, from system design to automation to reporting. If you need help with any aspect of RMS, chances are we can provide you with the knowlege you need. http://www.merchantsconsulting.com "rgj" wrote: > The void function only lets me void a sale. > How can I void a payout? > What if you do a "pay in" - ie do another payout but put a negative dollar amount matching the original pay out. I've never done this myself but it ...

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

Get Object ID of selected records
Hi, Is there any way to get object ID of all selected records from view. I need to pass objectId of all selected records to 3rd part site in query string on button click in CRM. Thanks, Pankaj Rana ...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

Receipt Problems (Comments)
Hi there My second attempt with a bit better spelling/grammer I am trying to get item comments to print in a 40 column receipt format (just like they do in full page receipt formats). I have gotten it as far as showing the comments under the item description but the comments get cut off after 23 characters (or the end of the column within the table). Is there a way for the comments to continue on a new line? Here is the code I am working with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated? ============================= Transaction Details ============================= --> ...

Sending the E-mail Confirmation to Customers in SOP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C9EF48.78E38430 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way that an email confirmation can be sent to the customer = after taking/entering the order in SOP along with the order details? If = not then; is there any 3rd party solution available? We use UPS Shipgear product to pull the data from GP, back and forth and = when the order gets shipped, it sends a confirmation along with the = tracking but we also wish to send the confirmation @ the time...

Repetative read receipts
I had a user that sent a message internally to DG and marked read receipt. When one of the recipients opened and read the message it began sending repatative read receipts to the sender over and over again until the recipient restarted the Outlook client. has anyone experienced this before, seems like this might be a bug? -- Thanks! Crisoft ...

How to change default date formula on Excel worksheet
Excel 2007 Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet. Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example. I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when I open the worksheet. In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to figure how to set this default. Advises please Change it Windows CP, Regional & Language Options. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "alexanderoux" <alexanderoux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E394AB6-C944-4...

Customize Outlook Today screen on Outlook 2000
Customize Outlook Today screen on Outlook 2000; for some reason when I click the button now to try and customize it, NOTHING HAPPENS. So I can't change it to show my folders and the likes on the Today screen. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks in advance... Close Outlook. Click Start, Run, enter "c:\windows\ieuninst /q c:\windows\inf\q813489.inf", without the quotes, click OK. Computer should reboot itself. Test. "Ivan T Williams" <tw1511@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04f301c35221$10637de0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today screen on Out...

Using custom variables in receipts
Does anyone know how to assign or reassign values to custom variables conditionaly in receipts. I am trying to assign values to variables based on the certain department sales so that i can use them in calculations doing receipt processing(x, z, zz). <!-- Test Code to generate department values for custom entries on the report --> <FOR each = "ReportDepartment"> <!-- <ROW> Report.Department.Name "|" Report.Department.Sales "|" Report.Department.PercentageSales </ROW> --> <IF><condi...