Default cash account in customer cash receipt trx

We're having trouble with a setup - specifically, we can't get the cash
account to default into the Trx/Sales/Cash Receipts distribution. The
checkbook comes in and it's setup has a cash account. The Customer Card
Accounts window says get cash account from checkbook. Are we missing some
dumb thing ?

Thanks.
0
JoeWest (11)

I don't understand the question.  Can you clarify?  Are you making a
distinction between the checkbook and the cash account?

"JoeWest" <JoeWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're having trouble with a setup - specifically, we can't get the cash
> account to default into the Trx/Sales/Cash Receipts distribution. The
> checkbook comes in and it's setup has a cash account. The Customer Card
> Accounts window says get cash account from checkbook. Are we missing some
> dumb thing ?
>
> Thanks.

0
news_jamrock (304)
6/5/2007 11:34:44 AM
Jamrock, It's that the cash account didn't default into the cash receipts
(from cust) trx with the checkbook. MSFT solved it this morning - by
modifying the Dynamics.set to discontinue loading "Pmt Doc Mgt". They said
this doesn't pertain to US applications. This fixed it. Thanks for your
interest. Joe

"Jamrock" wrote:

> I don't understand the question.  Can you clarify?  Are you making a
> distinction between the checkbook and the cash account?
>

> "JoeWest" <JoeWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We're having trouble with a setup - specifically, we can't get the cash
> > account to default into the Trx/Sales/Cash Receipts distribution. The
> > checkbook comes in and it's setup has a cash account. The Customer Card
> > Accounts window says get cash account from checkbook. Are we missing some
> > dumb thing ?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
JoeWest (11)

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Default font for pasted text in text boxes
I am having a problem with text boxes in Excel 2007. When I copy text (in Arial font) and paste it in the same text box, it appears as Calibri. I would like it to appear as Arial, just as it was when I copied it. I followed the directions for setting default font in new workbooks to Arial, and I have this problem even in text boxes within new workbooks. I do not have the problem outside of text boxes within new workbooks. I also followed the directions for setting default text box style, and new text boxes have Arial as their default font, as they should. However, when I ...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Accounts Payable Unapply should allow Unapply of historical trans.
The Unapply button on the Apply Payables Document is really just an unmark all button. Please rename this button and add the functionality to unapply historical payments, credit memos and returns. I believe this functionality exists for SOP and should be there for AP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Cannot send delivery receipts
I have an Exchange server 2003. While I am able to send non-delivery reports (NDR) and read receipts, I am unable to send delivery receipts. That is not exactly correct. I can send delivery receipts to email addresses from within my domain, if the email orginates from within my domain. When the email originates from outside of my domain, there is no delivery report sent, or at least received. In the Exchange System Manager, under Global Settings, the default properties under the advanced tab for the Internet Message Formats is set to allow delivery reports. In the Internet Mail SMTP Conn...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Issue with Loan Accounts
Hi Everyone, I have been having this issue for a while - but just now trying to figure out what's happening. I have several loans (including car, equity, etc.) which I have set up on Money 7. Sometimes the interest and principle are calculated correctly - but more often, the entire sum of the payment is allocated to principle (as viewed in the account register). I've check to insure that the loan is set up okay - and it looks okay to me. Any ideas what's happening to me? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Patrick Hi, I was really hoping someone would respond to this. My ...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

How many accounts...
I have outlook 2003 I already installed my hotmail account on it but I want to add my son's hotmail account on it and each time I do so, outlook freeze. Is this normal ? How many hotmail account can I add in outlook 2003 ? tia ...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

Misc. cash receipts
For misc. cash receipts (cash receipts, such as refunds, that don't go on any customer's account), we have set up a dummy customer. Then we must make a dummy invoice for that customer with the appropriate G/L account distributions, and then we can enter the cash receipt and apply it against that invoice. This seems cumbersome. Anyone have a better method? Thank you. Are you using the Bank Rec module? If so, you can use Bank Transaction | Enter Receipt to do enter misc. cash receipts. Then they would show up to be deposited just like checks received from customers. If you a...

Switching Accounts on Download
To Whom Can Help: MS Money 2007 has started downloading account information into the wrong account--it is swapping it with another account. This happened in a previous version of Money and I don't know how to correct it. In the previous version it was with a Banking account--two savings accounts from the same institution. In this incarnation, it is with two investment accounts--mutual fund versus brokerage account--but from the same institution. Anyone have this happen to them...anyone know of a solution? Thanks for your help. Cheers. In microsoft.public.money, golfbum71 wrote: ...

Error trying to make an account default
I have a new computer and my outlook 2003 is not letting me assign a default account to send and receive. I get this error: "The Specicied Account could not be found. It might have been deleted." I have four accounnts setup and have tried removing the accounts and recreating them and still get the error. when the account has been made, it tests fine. None of the four can be made default. Thanks in Advance! ...

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

'Budget Alerts' in Account Register
Budget Alerts in Account Register I've upgraded to 2006 Deluxe from 2003 Deluxe. In 2003, as I entered transactions in my registers (one Visa and one Bank), if the category I was spending money on went over a budget, I got prompted about it. Along with that prompt when I went over, it also had a little bar graph (similiar to the Spending Tracker you can get on the home page in 2006) for *only* that category. This was nice as it allowed me to see amounts as I entered them..and also *annoyingly* prompted me as I went over budgets...again making me 'think' about the spendin...