Default accounts are not displayed

My client is using a dynamics version 7. When they are using their cash
receipts, the default account defined in the checkbook ID is not used as the
default debit account. Instead, it always displays account not found. But
when I checked the setup of the checkbook ID, the account is defined. And the
account is existing in the account maintenance. Can someone help me on this
problem?

Hope to have a reply...

Thanks...
0
ecastle (9)

Look at the customer card->accounts to see where the cash account is pulled
from.  It might be pulling from the customer card rather than the checkbook.

Visit us at booth 836 at Convergence and join us for a couple of great
parties.  We are taking a group on a Cruise Wednesday evening and you are
invited.  Visit our web site to sign up.  Also, don't miss Rock-n-Rave on
Thursday evening.  Passes available at our booth!

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"e_castle" wrote:

> My client is using a dynamics version 7. When they are using their cash
> receipts, the default account defined in the checkbook ID is not used as the
> default debit account. Instead, it always displays account not found. But
> when I checked the setup of the checkbook ID, the account is defined. And the
> account is existing in the account maintenance. Can someone help me on this
> problem?
>
> Hope to have a reply...
>
> Thanks...
0
info4071 (3004)

Account from 2nd Exchange server not receiving email
I had exchange server mail1.domain.org. Everything has been working fine. I just installed a 2nd exchange server mail2.domain.org. What do I need to do so that accounts created on mail2 as user2@domain.org can receive emails from everywhere just like users from mail1 created as user1@domain.org have been receiving? Thanks. JKM <JKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had exchange server mail1.domain.org. Everything has been working fine. I >just installed a 2nd exchange server mail2.domain.org. What do I need to do >so that accounts created on mail2 as user2@domain.org ...

volume level displays no longer display onscreen
my thinkpad suddenly stopped displaying the volume changes which are activated when I press the up and down volume buttons. I usually get green display on screen showing the change as it happens. Also, the volume icon in the system tray no longer shows when the volume is muted. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

Display cell attributes/format
Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet other than individually with Format | Cell? I would assume so but can't find it. Thanks Brian Tozer Not in versions after and including xl97. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brian Tozer <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs3261$duo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet > other than individually with Format | Cell? > I would assume so but can't find it. > > Thanks > Brian Tozer > > ...

Problem with Asset Accounts
Hi I have created several asset accounts for different properties I own.I have also assigned which ever mortgage applies to each one. My question is when you go into each asset and update the price of the house it throws up a few problems. What categories do you assign to it? Is it an income? or is it special? just what is it I see no default categories. I have entered it as an account adjustment! But then I find the second problem whatever you list it a sit shows up in that months income which throws your graphs and reports completely out. Please can anybody tell me the correct way to sho...

Deleting Exchange user accounts & Home folders
Hi, When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)? We currently create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save work on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will not delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder manually? Thanks, PL You are correct - it will not delete the home folder. Instead of doing it manually you could probably find or create a cleanup script to run once in a while that removes the orphaned folders. ...

Credit Limit Display
Does anyone know if the the ability to display your credit limit in the account registers of credit cards has vanished from Microsoft Money 2007 or am I just not seeing it? -N I can see it. Account List > pick your CC account > Change Account Settings under Other tasks. Credit limit is way down the page. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <foilthespam-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169697467.5778...

Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App
Hi all, I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new functionality. Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian. I have a table, Phrases! as follows: Phrases Phrase ID AutoNumber unique identifier LearningSession Number convenient way to group phrases for study Entered Date/Time the date and time the phrase was entered Source Memo textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it") Romanian Memo the phrase in Romanian English ...

Account balance is different
I notice that in my Checking account the balance is correct in detail view if I show all transactions. Unfortunately, the summary balance on the banking page is different and incorrect. I also notice that if I show only the unreconciled transactions in detail view, that the account total is the same incorrect number as the summary view. Do I have a setting wrong or is there a bug somewhere? Steve In microsoft.public.money, Steve Hinkle wrote: >I notice that in my Checking account the balance is correct in detail view >if I show all transactions. Unfortunately, the summary balance o...

OWA displays blank screen before login
I've been troubleshooting a strange problem for the past few days. An exchange 2003 sp2 installation's OWA was working fine for weeks until last week. When one enters the URL (as normal), the browser doesn't prompt for username/password, instead displaying a blank page with no source. If one simply logs into the exchange server remotely or locally, the problem is fixed. There are no error events logged, and the time frame for the blank pages being displayed seems to be random. The problem is not limited to any set of users (i.e. everyone is affected). I've read every article, ...

Multiple accounts: Single PST or One PST per account
Hi guys, I have 4 email accounts from different companies/universities I work/ study for, and until recently I had all email on one PST. But then the PST just got larger and larger. I thought about dividing the email on multiples PSTs per email account. Is there any problem by doing this? I mean it's even more secure, right? Since it decreases the probability of the all email get corrupted. At most one account gets corrupted that way right? Cheers. Pedro Machado Santa Sure, you can have one account per .pst file and decrease your risk of = losing all of your OUtlook data. What versi...

Sending from Multiple Accounts in Outlook 2K
In our office we run an internal exchange server, but also want to connect to an externally hosted email provider to occassionally send and receive email. In Outlook XP we can do this no problem. But on our older machines that only have Outlook 2K we can only receive email from the external provider, not send even though all the settings are the same as they are in Outlook XP. Is there a way to enable this option? Simply typing in the email address in the from field returns the following message: You do not have the permissions to send the message on behalf of the specified user. ch...

M2004 Std: Exclude Account from Net Worth
Is there any option to exclude an account from the net worth computation at the bottom of the account list screen in Money 2004 standard? I have a college savings account for my daughter, and don't really consider that money to be "mine" and would like it to stop adding to my net worth. Thanks. While the Net Worth report is open, select "Customize". Within the customize screen, select the "Account" tab on the top and then scroll through the list of accounts. Uncheck the account that you do not want counted in your net worth. That's it. Jeff &q...

How do I set my Outlook 2003 folder lists to be ungrouped by default?
Hi All Every time I create a new folder in my Outlook 2003 program, the message list (ie the top right panel of the usual 3 panel display) is always grouped. As I hate this format I have to keep right-clicking on the titlebar, go to 'Arrange by' and then uncheck 'Shown in Groups'. Do you know of a way that I can re-config Outlook so that by default the 'Shown in Groups' is not set, ie just one long list? Thanks Robbie Hi Robbie, By default, the Show in Groups feature is turned on for all Outlook 2003 folders. To turn on the Show in Groups feature for your ...

Web pages displaying erratically
Recently purchased a new computer w/ Win7. I've noticed on some of my web pages it will not display graphics or pictures. I get the little warning sign in the bottom "Done w/ errors" or the red x in the corner of the picture box. Today all of a sudden I have one page that has some graphics summarizing stock markets (site is wsj.com, upper right corner) It has been displaying it fine until yesterday, now all of a sudden nothing shows up there. I have not changed any settings and it shows up fine on my old computer which is sitting right next to this one and on t...

Linked lists defaults
I have a form which displays a single record depending on the selections made in two lists. I.e. The selection of a Group from PickGroup will limit the companies displayed in PickCompany. The selection of a Company from PickCompany will cause the form to display the details of that company. On selection of a Group the correct Companies are displayed in PickCompany and I have got it to highlight the first Company using Private Sub PickRecipientGroup_AfterUpdate() Me.PickCompany.Requery Me.PickCompany = Me.PickCompany.Column(0, 0) How do I get the form to display the detai...

can we hide #N/A display because of VLOOKUP
How can we hide displaying "#N/A" false indicator becasue of the normal function of VLOOKUP formula in a cell without disturbing its operation?. My formula stands like this at Sheet1!A1: =VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE) and when Sheet1!A1 is empty naturally I get a "#N/A" display. I want NO error messages displayed when the cell is empty. Can anyone comment? TIA Hi Zoom! Try: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FA LSE)) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function ...

Deliver mails from diffrent account into diffrent folders
Hi, How can I configure Outlook ( Express or 2003) to deliver mails from diffrent POP3 account into diffrent accounts instead of [Local Folders\Inbox] ?? Thanks On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:07:18 +0330, hamid baghi wrote: > Hi, > How can I configure Outlook ( Express or 2003) to deliver mails from > diffrent POP3 account into diffrent accounts instead of [Local > Folders\Inbox] ?? > > Thanks In Outlook, at least, you can create a rule (Tools -> Rules and Alerts...) to move mail received through an account to a folder. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This post...

Money 2001 is no longer opening OFC files automatically to reconcile account
How can I get money to open OFC files automatically? It used to do it before when I downloaded my account history from the bank to reconcile. Now when i download the account history the file is not automatically opened... In microsoft.public.money, Ricardo wrote: >How can I get money to open OFC files automatically? It >used to do it before when I downloaded my account history >from the bank to reconcile. Now when i download the >account history the file is not automatically opened... I think you are saying you can save the file to disk, and you can then File->impor...

Apply cash from National Account to Child account?
We want to create National accounts and associate customers to them. I have tried this in our lesson company creating a parent company called PARENT and a child company called CHILD. The child company is open balance and is only associated to the National Account PARENT customer. The symptom is that I can not apply recipts from the PARENT to the posted open CHILD sales transactions in Transaction --> Sales --> Cash Recipts. I read over the National Account setup but I can't find the missing piece of the puzle. How can I apply recipts from National to child accounts when I start w...

New Meeting Request as default
When I am viewing my Calendar and I double click on a specific time, the default window that opens is for a new appointment. Is there any way to have a new meeting request window open up instead? -Paras In news:Ovq17qJHGHA.1332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Paras Shah <shahman2@gmail.com> typed: > When I am viewing my Calendar and I double click on a specific time, > the default window that opens is for a new appointment. > > Is there any way to have a new meeting request window open up instead? > > -Paras Not sure, but it's a simple mouse click to use the "i...

Default Security settings for Exchange 2003 with OWA, PDA, RPC HTTPS using SSL
Need help! Getting conflicting information about how to setup Exchange 2003 using SSL, to support OWA, mobile access and RPC over HTTPS. I have a FE/BE environment. The FE server is behind a Cisco PIX firewall. By default the "Default Web Site" is checked to require SSL. I've read you have to disable this to make some PDA's/cellphones be able to sync with your server. (I don't want to allow OWA or RPC without SSL!) Also finding different information about how to set all the settings on the different Exchange folders (like Exchange, Exchweb, Microsoft-Server-ActiveSyn...

Creating Workflow to assign Opportunities based on Account Owner
We have a receptionist that takes existing Estimates over $2500 and inputs them in to CRM as Opportunities. The problem is that she logs in to CRM as herself and manually has to reassign the Opportunities to the individual Users based on Account Ownership. I did not see any way possible to create a Workflow rule that upon Create can reassign Opportunity Ownership based on Account Ownership. Does anyone have a workable Workflow rule to provide this functionality? Thank you ahead of time. ...

Displaying a file in Excel.
I have a client that opens a file in excel. We are unable to view the file in normal view. We can see the file is we go to print preview or full screen mode. How can i change it to view in normal screen mode? First try Window>Arrange to see if it off-screen. If no joy try the usual fix for this problem. Tools>Options>General Uncheck "Ignore Other Applications" If no joy with that................ Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quote...

Not updating headers (IMAP)/not purging marked items all accounts
OL 2007, Vista Ultimate I'm not sure if these issues are related or not but I started noticing them together, so... Whenever I used to use the Purge Marked Items in All Accounts commands, it would do just that - purge from all of the email accounts and all of the folders within the email accounts. All of the sudden, it is purging only in the account and folder I am in. So if I am in email account 1's inbox, it will purge just that inbox. If I'm in email account 2's sent folder it will purge just those sent items. When I go in to look at the rest of the ...

Question about account balancing
when I balance my accounts if I enter a value for interest everthing stops. If I enter the interest as a deposit and not enter anything on hte balance screen then it works. I have run salvage level 1 and 2 and both show no errors. ...