Date Selection on HR Training Reports

I am implementing Human Resources, Advanced Human Resources and
Certifications, Licensing and Training

On the standard HR training reports such as Employee Classes, date selection
does not work. If I enter a date selection, nothing is printed on the report.
Without date selection, everything prints.

I found a KB article - 863263 that states this is an issue for V 8.0 but I
can't find anything more frequent. This appears to still be an issue.

Does anyone have an update or are you experiencing this as well.

Thanks
0
lbecker (43)

Becker,

If you are a microsoft partner, You can log into Dynamics GP Partner forum
and can post there also to receive replies from Microsoft online technical
community.

The link is http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

"lbecker" wrote:

> I am implementing Human Resources, Advanced Human Resources and
> Certifications, Licensing and Training
>
> On the standard HR training reports such as Employee Classes, date selection
> does not work. If I enter a date selection, nothing is printed on the report.
> Without date selection, everything prints.
>
> I found a KB article - 863263 that states this is an issue for V 8.0 but I
> can't find anything more frequent. This appears to still be an issue.
>
> Does anyone have an update or are you experiencing this as well.
>
> Thanks
0
janakirammp (688)

Show Date Difference only in a certain range
Hi, I have a table called tblReadmits that has AdmitDate, DischargeDate and AdmitDate2 as date fields. I created a query with a calculated field called ReadmitDays which is AdmitDate2 - DischargeDate. I only want a value to show in this field though if it is between 0 and 30. Otherwise, I want it to be null. Can someone help with an SQL statement which will do this? Thanks, IIF(AdmitDate2-DischargeDate Between 0 and 30, AdmitDate2-DischargeDate,Null) John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Chuck W ...

Crystal Reports Error
Hi, I get this error when I try to run some customized crystal reports from GP9. any ideas? Thanks Not much to go by now, isn't it? -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "GPUser" wrote: > Hi, > > I get this error when I try to run some customized crystal reports from GP9. > > any ideas? > > Thanks > sorry the error is: Error Number: -2147206429 was generated by cry...

I'm trying to use combo boxes to select info to be shown in a text
I'm trying to use a group of combo boxes to select a count of a query in a form or report. Currently I have three variables on the form I want to use and have a text box show the counts of instances within a particular query. =DCount("[MXGPC-WKCTR STRIPPED] & [DAFSC] & [ACT-GR]","qry4monthprojectionloss","[MXGPC-WKCTR STRIPPED] = 'rptfrm.form![1st Workcenter]' and [ DAFSC]='rptfrm.form![1st DAFSC]' and [ACT-GR]= 'rptfrm.form![ACT-GR1]'") If I replace the form refrences (rptfrm.fomr![1st Workcenter]) with specific c...

Auto adjust dates in a chart
I would like to build a line chart that automatically plots values for the past 14 days, no matter when I open the chart. I have set up a column with now() in the first cell and now()-1, now()-2, etc. in a series for the following 13 cells down to now()-14. This column becomes the data range for the x-axis. If I test it by changing the system date, the now() values do not change automatically. I know there must be a way to do that. But the further concern is how to link values in another column with the proper now()-x value to display what I want to see. I want to use this chart to...

Advance Report Writer #2
When printing invoices, my company keeps a copy for our records, mails one to the customer and, if applicable, sends one to the appropriate salesperson. When using GPA 9.5 (MS-DOS), we used 3 part invoices and a dot matrix printer to accomplish this. We can, of course, simply print 3 copies of the invoice when we print, but there is no way to distinguish our copy from the customer's copy etc. Question: In Report Writer, is there a way, using the headers/footers perhaps, to make the Blank Invoice Form automatically print 3 times, with 3 separate headings: ie. "Customer Cop...

Select Cells Macro
I don't like to take my hands off the keyboard, even to reach for the cursor pad. So I have four macros: Up, Down, Right, and Left assigned to Ctrl-k, Ctrl-i, Ctrl-l, and Ctrl-j. I'd like to be able to select cells the same way, the equivalent of Shift-Up, Shift-Down, Shift-Right, and Shift-Left. When I record a macro to do Shift-Right for example, and assign it to Ctrl-Shift-l, all it will do is select one cell to the right plus the initial cell. I want it to continue to select to the right if I press Ctrl-Shift-l again: Sub SelRight() ' ' SelRight Macro '...

Major Flaws and bugs- Reported but not fixed- 4 YEARS running!
If you are Retail business owner or support person and you use RMS, then please read and comment on the following in RMS... Regarding Flaws, Bugs, etc. Does any one on this forum use work orders to do special orders for customers? I do- It works great except for ONE VERY MAJOR flaw. Lets say I have a customer who wants to order something that I do not have in stock or do not carry in my store, but what I can order in from my vendor. So I create a Work Order and order for lets say 12 different special order Items (products) that I do not normally carry in my store. So the next time I do a ...

Selected lines in MSFlexGrid
Hello! They are any form in MSFlexGrid Control to select several lines not continously? Thanks ...

Select based on 1st character
HI, I have a query that finds duplicates based on [firstname] and [lastname] which works fine however what we have discovered is that if the name has a variation i.e. Rob instead of Robert it wont detect it. I would like to build an If statement so that if the 1st character (or 1st few characters) are alike to bring them into the data. Does anyone know how to build this? Post the SQL statement that you're using right now; we can show how to modify it using non-equi-joins. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "dc" <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Have excel export cell format other than text; need time and date not number value
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. Secondly I'm not an xml or excel hotshot. I can barely write a macro. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values lose their readable format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 for example. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

Help me run a customer report
I need to know if there is a way to run a report so I may get a list of all customers that purchased products in one of our retail departments to send a flyer too in the future. There's a mailing list report in the Reports Library on Customer Source. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "misshettie" <misshettie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Open to buy reporting
I need to know if th RMS system is able to do reporting on open to buy for available purchase orders based on reciepts and sales. -- Joe It's not provided out of the box. I believe that a couple of partners have posted here that they either have or are working on an Open to Buy add-in - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Joey@leg...

Default a Time Field if Date is entered
I want to know what to do if I want the Time field in a form to default to 23:59 if a date is entered in the Date Field. And to leave the Time blank if there is no date. What would be the formula or expression for this and where should I place it in the form? Fields: Date Time Please help! Thank you! personally, I wouldn't have a time field I would have a date/time field that contains both values. Then, on my form, I would hide the bound textbox that is associated with this field. Then, in the forms current event I would use the DateValue and TimeValue functi...

difference between date/time
I have searched and found some good info but nothing is working for me. Please help. I have a query that has "Received Date Time and "Opened Date Time" fields. Each record has a parameter in it and formatting is as follows: m/d/y space h/m/s AM/PM. I'm trying to calucate the difference in the two and have tried the following expressions: DateDiff ("d", [Received Date Time] - [Opened Date Time]) Diff: [Received Date Time] - [Opened Date time] Everything keeps coming back with no results. What am I doing wrong? First things first: Are the fields in question...

Calculate due date 1 or 2 years ahead to the first of the followi.
Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? Hi =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wayne wrote: > Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to > July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? I modified your's ... does this make sence..seem's to work =DATE(YEAR(B2)+2,MONTH(B2)+1,DAY(B2)-DAY(B2)+1) "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany >...

MRP ReGen End Date
GP v80+sp3, we have noticed that MRP does not plan out until the end date of the ReGen but almost one month shorter - looks like a programming fault at this stage but this is very early detection. Im tryin a few things and will get back when i have some solid info...... Has anyone seen a similar issue? thx Theo :) We're on 8.0 sp3 as well. Our dates seem short as well, though only by a week. Our last regen ran through 11/25/06. If I look at daily buckets in the MRP View or MRP Item Inquiry it says that 11/19 is the end of the date range. -- Jim@TurboChef "Theo S" wr...

Spending by Category Report
I am using Money 2006 and trying to get a snapshot of my spending over the last 6 months by category. I am using the standard report for this, but for some reason I can't get it to show all my tranfers on the report. I have a lot of $ transferred each month to kids 529 accounts or IRAs and I want to see what my monthly "Grand Total" is including these transfers. I can't find any way to tell money to subtract these from the total in the reports. There is a "Transfer" category on the report, but the only thing it shows is a transfer for the principle paid o...

Error when adding a report
Hi, I created a new report. when I try to add it to CRM, I get a "An error occured. Contact your administrator" error message. My CRM user has the System Admin role and I am an Enterprise Admin. I can add the report using the Reporting Services website and I see it under Reports in CRM. I can also run the report. But if I try to edit the report I get that that "An error has occured. Contact your admin" error message. Is this a permission issue? Something I'm missing? Thanks! Simon Found a solution to my problem. Had to add a service account to the publish t...

context sensitive reports (as opposed to prefiltering)
Hello all I created a report that used pre-filtering and this works fine, I would however like the report to default to display e.g. just the phone calls that are displayed in the current window (those associated with the case that I am currently in). I cannot seem to get it to do this, but I am sure that I have done so before. Can anyone help? TIA Saira ...

Select menu
Hello there, We have an order website in ASP that connects to an Access 2000 database. We have a select menu with 5 different options. When the form opens, We want the menu to select the option that as already been saved in the database (if there is one) and the other 4 in case a change as to be made. Is it possible to do that. Thank you in advance. ...

Changing or extending the Sale dates
We are a retail store and I face this situation every month with cigarette sale prices. We have defined the items to be on sale from say jan 2 to Feb 15 dates. Now the sale date has to be extended to March 15. We use the inventory wizard to do this and use function change item prices and put the new extended dates in the start and end date fields. After that we select the category where we want to change. Now here is the real problem in the items selected. The columns indicate the reg price and curent sale price and the columns which we can change(non grayed once) new sale price, ne...

Selecting "Territory" in a column
Hi, I have a workbook with multiple sheets that have interlinking formulas. Several sheets adjust information based on entering an "x" in a cell in "Territory" column. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with: 1) Is there a way of automatically preventing two entries in the range at the same time? In other words, when I enter "x" in one cell, is there some way to empty any other cells in the column range? Currently two or more cells can have the required "x" but only the first cell controls all the calculations. I have a warning messag...

Reports Guide
Is there a guide I can download of all the different GP reports and that describes the reports and how to decipher the different fields? There are sample reports guides available on CustomerSource. However, not every report is listed. Additionally, some reports use temporary tables which are generated at runtime. What are you trying to do? -- Charles Allen, MVP "tstrop" wrote: > Is there a guide I can download of all the different GP reports and that > describes the reports and how to decipher the different fields? ...

Is Null in a Report
I'm using a list box to open a report for a specific record. I'm using a report query for the report. The data in the list box updates the query. It work fine except I would like to add some error handling before the report is loaded. I would like to check to see if there is any data, if it is "null" or no data provide a message box and exit before the report is loaded. I cant seam to get pasted the if statement to check for the null. There must be an easier way to get this accomplished. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub List14_AfterUpdate() On...