Date format for printing checks in various locations

Hi,
I was wondering whether the date format used when printing
checks is customisable? Specifically, we need to be able
to print check in mm-dd-yyyy format for our American
office as well a in dd-mm-yyyy for our Australian and
English offices.

Our basic configuration is Win 2000 SS2000 for the
backend. We use Citrix for our US & UK offices to login to
the great plains databases here in Australia.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
michaelm@towersoft.com.au
0
anonymous (74722)

You could set up a calculated field that looks at the global company id
field to determine the date format. The calculated field would return a
string instead of a date. You would need to use the day, month and year
system-defined functions to get the separate parts of the date and the
int_str function to convert the date parts into strings. The cat operator
would be used to join the date parts and dashes together.

Andrew Brown
Senior Developer
eOne Integrated Business Solutions
www.eonesolutions.com.au

"michaelm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I was wondering whether the date format used when printing
> checks is customisable? Specifically, we need to be able
> to print check in mm-dd-yyyy format for our American
> office as well a in dd-mm-yyyy for our Australian and
> English offices.
>
> Our basic configuration is Win 2000 SS2000 for the
> backend. We use Citrix for our US & UK offices to login to
> the great plains databases here in Australia.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Cheers
> michaelm@towersoft.com.au

Michael

You need to use the RW_DateToString() user defined
function.  This allows you to convert any date to any
format.

Pass in the date as first parameter and a string of the
format wanted.

Format Syntax:-
ddd 	= day of week as 3 letters
dddd 	= day of week in full
N		= day of year
NN		= day of year (padded)
D 		= day of month
DD 		= day of month (padded)
M 		= month of year
MM 		= month of year (padded)
mmm		= month of year as 3 letters
mmmm	= month of year in full
YY 		= year of date (2 digits)
YYYY	= year of date (4 digits)

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

Microsoft Business Solutions

0
dmusgrav (157)

printing 2 charts on single page

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Dates #9

Qrp Date functions

Fractions Number format

date tracking

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

printing imported gif files in Excel

Customer check data

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

date modified

Date function quit working

Date format 04-11-06

TSP100 printer and print width
Hi all, After pull my hair out for a half of day, I just find out that TSP100 printer driver reports its print width incorrectly when we use GetDeviceCaps to retrieve print width. Call GetDeviceCaps with PHYSICALWIDTH will report 1725 that is roughtly equal to 8.5 inches corresponding to 203ppi that LOGPIXELSX reported. Just let you all know This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C92EF4.F767C240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After you installed the printer, did you change the p...

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...