Database trigger won't register

This problem has really got me stumped.  I keep getting a "Database Trigger
Registration Failed." error when trying to register the database trigger
below.  I'll even get the same error using examples pulled right out of the
Dexterity documentation.  I try to do the registration right after login.
Anybody experienced this before???

l_result = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(reference(table IV_Item_MSTR),
 			form IV_Item_Maintenance,
 			TRIGGER_ON_DB_DELETE,
			script IV_Item_Web_Delete);

Thanks in advance -- Dave
0
DaveB8607 (68)

Try

l_result = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(anonymous(table IV_Item_MSTR),
 			form IV_Item_Maintenance,
 			TRIGGER_ON_DB_DELETE,
			script IV_Item_Web_Delete);

The reference() function used to be the same as anonymous(), but was changed
many moons ago.

You need to use anonymous so that you can "talk about" the table without
trying to actually open it.  Without anonymous() you would get an extra login
dialog as Dexterity attempted to get a data connection to open the table.
Because we have not logged in when Startup runs, we use annonymous.

reference() is now used to allow us to have the Dexterity equivalent of
pointers.

Hope this explains it.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Dave B." wrote:

> This problem has really got me stumped.  I keep getting a "Database Trigger
> Registration Failed." error when trying to register the database trigger
> below.  I'll even get the same error using examples pulled right out of the
> Dexterity documentation.  I try to do the registration right after login.
> Anybody experienced this before???
>
> l_result = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(reference(table IV_Item_MSTR),
>  			form IV_Item_Maintenance,
>  			TRIGGER_ON_DB_DELETE,
> 			script IV_Item_Web_Delete);
>
> Thanks in advance -- Dave
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

offline database creation
hey, i am trying to create an offline database on one of my POS stations. when i go to create database wizard it asks me for a sample database. after i choose rmssample.bck from my local machine it gives me an error cannot open backup device"C:\.......\rmssample.bck Device error or device offline. can somebody please help me out in this. Shoby, You need to change MSDE servers first. Go into SO Admin | File | Connect | for the server, type (local) - include the parenthesis Then create it. Make your changes to the Offline tab, again using (local) for the server name, test it...

Interrogating MS Exchange Database using SQL
I wonder if anyone can please help? Is it possible to interrogate the MS Exchange Database using SQL and if it is possible what is the best tool to use to access the database Thanks Will MS Exchange is NOT a relational database. You use SQL to query a relational DB like MS SQL Server or Oracle. What exactly are you looking for? Will Downie wrote: > I wonder if anyone can please help? > > Is it possible to interrogate the MS Exchange Database using SQL and > if it is possible what is the best tool to use to access the database > > Thanks > > Will -- ======...

XML Parsing and storing in database
Hi, I have a multi-level complex XML that I like to process and store in the database. I'm comfortable with using DataSet and then reading the tables (XML is parsed into 7 tables in my case) and processing the data. However, just to become familar with XmlTextReader, I've done the same thing using XmlTextReader. Any major difference between the two that I should be aware of for a production level application? Especially when the XML is really complex. Is using DataSet.ReadXml a solid method to read XML and process it? Thanks Maz. Maziar Aflatoun wrote: > I have a multi-lev...

exporting payroll transactions and other data to another database
Hello: Long story short, the client has had us create a new company in GP which will be their new company. They are getting rid of the old company database, soon. We need to transfer (if possible) payroll master data, payroll transactions, and payroll historical data to the new company. Will SQL DTS "work" for this, or is not that simple? Thanks! childofthe1980s With SQL Server Management Studio I would recommend the following: 1. Right click on the old database and select tasks>>export data 2. Follow the prompts on the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard. 3. Sele...

Form for searching database?
Hi, I have a large list of resources that has been categorized by topic, audience, type, language and availability. I would like to know if it is possible to create a form where a person can enter what they are looking for (e.g., specificy the topic, language and availability) and somehow have Access return a report of what resources match the desired criteria. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie If you just want to choose *one* field to filter on, and narrow it down as you go, see: Find as you type - Filter forms with each keystroke at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppFind...

Food Pantry Database
I am setting up a db to track the clients that access our pantry. At the end of the month we produce a report showing non duplicated and duplicated counts. We offer multiple services, food, clothes, furniture, salon/barbershop, benevolence funds, parenting classes, thanksgiving assistance, christmas assistance. I want to track how often they use our services, zip codes using our service, services provided to a family, children served from a particular school, and a who recieves what service. Question: What tables and fields do you suggest as I start my database, or do you kno...

Can you tell me the different parts of an access database?
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:08:04 -0700, s0311 <s0311@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Macros and Modules. Did you try opening a database to look, or perhaps even reading your course materials? John W. Vinson [MVP] Care to explain for what you're looking? On the surface of it, your question sounds suspiciously like a homework assignment. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "s0311" <s0311@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F35224-BBAD-45FC-A2F6-802F700C4F0...

Maximum Database Size
Great Plains on MSDE has a maximum database size of 2 GB. What is the maximum database size on SQL Server 2005 Express? Jamrock wrote: > Great Plains on MSDE has a maximum database size of 2 GB. What is the > maximum database size on SQL Server 2005 Express? From this web page: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/express/features.mspx Scalability and Performance .. Supports 1 CPU, but can be installed on any server .. 1 gigabyte (GB) addressable RAM .. 4 GB maximum database size -- Lyle U Thanks Lyle, Wanted to be sure that the maximum size was dependent on SQL Server...

what is a database?
what is a database? "fm11" <fm11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA5C8535-A31F-4788-BD45-42698CE448B7@microsoft.com... > what is a database? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database Contrary to some, Excel is not a database. Tyro "fm11" <fm11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA5C8535-A31F-4788-BD45-42698CE448B7@microsoft.com... > what is a database? fm11 -- A database is a structured set of information. In Excel, it's often a table of information. Across the top, you have headings (First name, Last name,...

Exchange 2003 Database Size Question #2
Dear all, Is there a way to determine the actual storage space used by the Exchange 2003 database? I am asking this because the physical file size is not an indicator as this is the high watermark size, meaning that it does not shrink even users have deleted and purge their email. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Is there a way to determine the actual storage space used by the Exchange >2003 database? I am asking this because the physical file size is not an >indicator as this is the high watermark size, meaning that it does not ...

moving to a new database
Hi I have an exchange server 2003 as a member server. I have a bad page link (error 447). I read about it, and it seems that my database is corrupted. I have no hardware problem, i checked the hard drives (raid5), they are ok, no error in the event viewer regarding the hard drive , My norton antivirus exclusion list include the database and all the appropriate execlusions. I have another free server and i want to move everything to that free server. What is the best way to do that? I was goping to get PST files from indvidual users (25 of them) including the public calendare, and put the...

Budget progress in registers
My most recent MS Money, prior to my current Deluxe 05, was Deluxe 03. That version showed budget category progress in the account registers of accounts used in the budget process. If you ate out, and a charge came through a CC account Iincluded in your budget) for a restaurant, at the bottom of the CC register there was a box showing you had spent $100 of your allocated $300 "dining" for that month. I've tried Money help. I've fairly well searched this forum, but can't find if that is simply a lost option in 05 or if there is still a way to do it. Who knows? --...

Parsing cells to reformat a multi-entry field database
Hello, I have a problem with a database imported from Lotus Notes. It contains multi-entry fields, thus many cells have comma-separated content, which counts as multiple records. I need to create single records from each multi-entry field. Text-to- column function is unsuitable, because I need to create new records from each cell (not new columns). I was thinking about a script that: 1) parses the content of the selected cell until it finds a given field separator (e.g. comma+space) 2) cuts the remainder of the cell 3) inserts a new row below the current one 4) copies the cut content in the ...

Access 97 database from Access 2007 machine?
I have 7-8 machines running Access 97 happily . . .and a new machine with Access 2007 that I wish to just run the database for now. Will convert the database when I can get all machines upgraded. Is that possible?. . .the permissions messages that come up are confusing me. I use security thru a ..mdw file as well. ...

Store Operations Database Log File 65GB!
This is a fairly new store that runs very few transactions. A few dozen a week, at most. Some weeks might even be in the single digits. The store is less than 6 months old. The PC has an 80GB HD, and it is completely full. A 65GB log file is the culprit. I tried restoring from an earlier day's backup but the problem seems to have existed then, too. I'm hoping to avoid having to go back in time by weeks or months. How can I correct this problem? The system is going to be unusable very soon. Any suggestions as to why I am having this issue and how to avoid it in the futur...

Change Database Password?
I tried searching for this in case it has already been asked and answered, but didn't find anything. My apologies if this is a duplicate. I would like to change my SQL database login information. Is that done within SQL Admin or the RMS Admin? I have found many places to enter it for authentication, but I am unsure how to change the login information. Thank you Miranda Lakeside Fibers Madison, WI I would use SQL Server Management Studio. You can also follow these instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322336 Lakeside Fibers wrote: > I tried searching for this in case it ...

Delete old Register Journals
Is there anyway to delete old register journals? I assume this would save disk space since the journal seems to be an image (F4)? As long as I wouldn't invalidate any sales data, I'd like to delete journals that are over 2 years old. Any help? That was odd. Did a search for "journal" and it returned no results, so that's why I posted this. But, I ran the search again (after my post), and my question had been answered. inquiring minds want to know? so what is the answer.....i had the same question.....thanks "pooch" wrote: > That was odd. Did a ...

RMS registers while doing sql upgrade to 2005
Good afternoon, I need a basic question answered. We are planning on upgrading to sql 2005 and need to know if the RMS application will have to be inactive during this period of time. (By "inactive" I mean not being able to remain open and selling.) I am certain that we will have to be finished with sql 2005 before they can reconcile at the end of the day since that process does push data to the server. We were "thinking" that RMS would be ok because the cash registers stay in the offline db until they reconcile at the end of the day, but we are not 100% sure. ...

database mirroring question
for database mirroring, can one mirror server to two principle servers? That means two mirrored servers mirror to one same mirroring server. Is that ok? Thanks. ...

Importing act 4 database
I am trying to import a act 4 database and I keep getting this translation error and I have outlook 2002. Can someone help me. ...

Vista won't open my database :-(
Tried to catch up on some work and Emailed my database home. I've done it under XP with no problems in the past, but under Vista it won't work. Access claims: ----------------------------------- "This file is located outside your intranet or on a untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems." "To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location". ----------------------------------- No option to allow is offered. The problem is the file has already been copied to my local drive. It's ...

runtime error class not registered
When I open Outlook 2003 I get an error message "A Runtime Error has occurred, do you wish to debug? Line 297 Error: Class not Registered." I upgraded from Office 2000. I have Norton @005 on my computer and never received this message before. ...

Database problems
I am a computr Tech, I installed RMS for a friend and explained that they need to back it up every night, which i discovered has not been done. Now when I try to use store Ops, I get "login failed" If I go to Ops Admin, I can connect to the DB, but when I test the connection, it tells me "login failed" at one point i even get "the database has been marked suspect by recovery" I cannot ever use Operrations manager Help me PLEASE -- Terry Terry, Are you sure you are using the correct SQL SA password? How did you copy/install/place the database onto the com...

Outlook missing shortcut in properties, and missing OLE register
The c:\ drive on our old computer running Win98 SE was compressed to create room. We tried to load Outlook 2000 back onto this computer. When you go to the desktop icon and right click for properties there is nothing in the shortcut path. Outlook starts to open then displays a message stating that OLE register is missing. Have tried uninstalling and reloading Outlook to no avail. Any suggestions? ...

Synchronizing to offline database
If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it! It's driving me crazy. When attempting to go offline I get the following error message: "Failed move data for entity ‘Contact’ during action salnsert, count Rows=9606. Contact your system administrator for assistance and try going offline again." I've tried all the fixes from the kb 916165 but none of them help. I did notice that my offline folder on the server is empty, is that my problem? How do I fix? Thanks, JDC ...