Data Entry for Budgets in Project Accounting is inefficient

The following is a typical complaint about data entry in the budget screen
for Project Accounting. It's definitely wasn't designed to be efficient for
data entry and allow quick changes to the budget items. How this screen
passed QA is beyond me.

Common User Comment:

"As part of entering in our budgets for a project we delete any cost
categories that are not budgeted.  To do this takes a lot of time, because
you can only delete one category at a time, and when you do, the screen comes
back with your cursor at the top of the screen and thus you have to scroll
back down to the next zero budgeted line item.  Is there an easier way to
delete these cost categories?

I’ve spoken with a few other regions and some delete cost categories, some
don’t and others are not using the template they are just entering in the
cost categories individually, but we’ve heard that it’s necessary to use the
template because it pulls in some other necessary information."

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4ad82fd3-25d7-48c6-8695-2bcb1ff84172&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
RonRollo (9)

Validating Data on a Form with a subForm
I have a form with subforms with data validation in the main Form's Before_Update Event. The problem that I am encountering is when the user has not updated all required data but enters the subform the Form Before_Update Event fires and the validation will fail. Is there a way to know what the next object has been selected might be or how I would not perform the Form's validation when the subform has been selected? Any help will be appreciated!!! No. Access saves the main form's record at the point when you move from the main form into the subform. Any record that fails v...

Biztalk or Scribe for our data integration?
We recently started using CRM 3.0 and the time has come to decide on a data migration plan. So far I've looked at Scribe and it seems promising but my higher-ups are suggesting we take a look at BizTalk. Eventually we will need to pull (two way integration will be required with at least two legacy systems) data from several legacy systems including flat files, SQL Server and a Progress database to name a few. The possibility also exists that we'll want to accept Word, Excel and HTML documents from customers and have information they contain added to our database. Is BizTalk cap...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

Entourage
When starting Entourage, incoming/new messages are not sent to my inbox, but rather straight to my deleted items folder. I have no rules set up. It does this even if I delete the account and re-enter the account (IMAP) into Entourage. Has anyone else experienced this? Check Tools>Rules, and especially Tools>Mailing List Manager, to see if there is not a rule that automatically moves incoming messages to the deleted items folder. Unfortunately, it is only too easy to create a MLM rule in Entourage, even though most users are not likely to need it: if you "unjunk" an email m...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

enter data to different tables through one form
i have 5 tables. all of them has pers_no as primary key. they have one to one relation ship through the primary key amongest them. i want to create one form having a text box pers_no where i will enter the data and i want the data to get entered in each table. so how i am not able to do that. i request all you guys to help me. thank you. Sorry for the bad news, but that's not the right way to use Access. You cannot write to 5 tables from one form like that. If you are subclassing, you could create a form for entering the main form info, and then 5 subforms (probably on tab pages) f...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

PA falta tipo moneda en ventana "Return from Proyect Entry"
La ventana de "Return from Proyect Entry" tiene que ser multimoneda ya que todo el sistema es Multimoneda. La ruta para acceder a esa ventana es Transacciones/Proyecto/PA Purchasing/Return from Proyect Entry. Ver incidente 8404987 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Importing data #2
hi I would like to import data from the web and although this is quite simple in Excel 2003 the new data (that comes in upon refresh) replaces the old. I was wondering if there is a way to keep previous history of the data, make Excel fill in adjacent cells with the new data for example. Thanks for taking the time to read this George hi, if you are using Microsoft query, the answer would be no. The Micorsoft query becomes a named range in excel that is linked to the query. by desing it expands and contracts at refresh to accommidate new data. I think to accomplish what you want yo...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

OLE Object Data Type Question
Hi, a friend of mine supports a very simple Access 2000 database for keeping tracks of his .JPG file. The database has a table with several field, and one of them is of OLE Object data typy. He opens that table, rightclicks OLE Object field, selects Insert Oject and creates a link to a .JPG file. After finishing insertion the OLE Object field contains kind of "MSPicture3" or "MSImage3" (I don't remember exactly the text). Before a month ago he moved his database to another computer and now after insertion into the OLE Object field a link, it contains "...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

Cannot get datagrid to display data
Hi, I have an XML file that I was hoping to use as a database Here is the code that I have copied that should display the data namespace File_Generation_System { public partial class vrholds : Form { public vrholds() { InitializeComponent(); XmlDataDocument xmlDatadoc = new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDatadoc.DataSet.ReadXml("vrdatabase.xml"); DataSet ds = new DataSet("vrdata DataSet"); ds = xmlDatadoc.DataSet; dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.DefaultViewManager; } But what I g...

Assets Depreciation in Projects
We have assets that we are using in several different projects. The depreciation of these assets should be allocated as a cost on the respective project they are being used in. We have purchased the GP Asstes management and project accounting. But we are told that they are not linked, and therefor the depreciation of these asstes has to be manually entered on each project one by one. How true is that? Rana, Currently there is no integration between Project Accounting and Fixed Assets. Therefore, you will need to manually allocate the depreciation to each project. I am not sure what...

Can't add new entries.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden my Microsoft office won't let me make any new entries or = change any existing ones. I just get a message "Transaction can not be = entered". What can I do to let me make new entries? ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML...

Rules for Mulitple Accounts-Duplicates
I have setup a series of rules in Outlook for processing and organizing incoming emails. But when the mail is processed. First I have a rule to move all mail from a particular account to a folder for that account. Then I have a rule to organize those emails in that account. The problem is - rather than move the email it creates a duplicate email. The rule is setup to Move the email - not create a duplicate. So I have a feeling it is processing the rules simultaneously. Any ideas? It processes all rules. Add additional conditions to process it with just one rule and add the ac...

Formula retrieves wrong data
hello, world. ;) i�ve got a workbook that retrieves data from an SQLserver. on sheet 1 i�ve got a formula that gets data from sheet2 as long a there�s no more current value on sheet 3. i�m using this frmula: Code ------------------- Code ------------------- =IF(ISBLANK(METRIC_Kname1_S2);METRIC_Kname1_S1;METRIC_Kname1_S2 ------------------- METRIC_Kname1_Sn are defined names of cells both on sheet 2 and 3. unfortunately excel accepts the formula but executes it incorrect. i always retrieve the value from sheet3, regardless of it�s value, even if it�is empty...

Data Execution Prevention
I have been trying to simply change my desktop theme/desktop color. Every attempt to execute the change gives me the DEP message about "run ..dll as an app". So I went into System Properties/Advanced/Performance and checked the box for an exception on "run .dll as an app". Reboot. Still wont allow me to do it. So I switched to "turn off DEP", which I know isn't wise, but I rebooted and it still will not let me change desktop theme, etc. A thorough online search turns up no info beyond what I've already tried. Can anyone help me solve this?...

Crosstab with Multiple data fields
I would like to make a crosstab query that can have multiple data fields such as ProdCode AcctNo SalesAmt SalesTran RetAmt RetTran I know how to do this with a pivot table but I am required to have it in Access. I can also do this with just one data field such as SalesAmt---I just don't know how to add more than one data field. Is there some workaround to this problem? Thanks, Billy Post a sample of you raw data indicating field names and how you want the results to look like. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "billy.rogers@chasepaymentech.com&...

Cannot Add Error Bars for individual data points!
I work in a research lab, and need to make a simple column chart. However, each column is an average value so error bars are needed. Not only that, but I have subsets of data-the same readings taken at different times. Thus I have Null and Dose readings for 0 hours and 24 hours. I have nicely gotten the 0 hour and 24 hour sets to become set apart in the graph display with the proper Null and Dose values next to each other. The 0 and 24 hours are written under the pairs of bars. However, I need to add error bars to each bar individually, but Excel will only let me add to "series&quo...

budget figure in actual field if blank
Two tables, one is Budget the other Actual, sorted by RevID – a primary key in both tables, feeding a query. In qryNetRev ….. If the value for a record from Actual.NetRev is blank, would like that field to return the value for that same record from Budget.NetRev. This *has* to be a very normal practice, but can’t quite get the syntax correct. Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thanx, - Mike On 5 mei, 02:47, MikeF <Mi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Two tables, one is Budget the other Actual, sorted by RevID =96 a primary= key > in both t...