Data Collection entries in General Ledger

If entries are created through ADC and processed through GL, the Batch ID is
populated as ADC(plus date).  Once posted, we can go into Account
Transactions in Smartlist and the Batch ID is populated in the "Originating
Source" field and when drilling down on a transaction, the Batch ID is
retained just like before it is posted.

When we need to make corrections to these entries we go into Data Collection
(through MFG WIP) and back out the amounts and add back the correct entries.
Processing through GL results in the Batch ID created as the User ID that
made the correction.

Problem:  After the corrected transaction is posted, the "Originating
Source" field is not populated with the Batch ID and when drilling down on
the transaction, the Batch ID is gone.

Suggestion:  The Batch ID should be retained as the "Originating Source" for
these corrections just like the original posting coming through ADC.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=75e25865-b95f-4b90-bbc2-f58617ee43b5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dena (7)

Best fit data from a best fit curve?
MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy with, and I now need to extract the corresponding actual best fit data from the curve for use in other software applications. Does someone know how? Hi, See Bernard's page, which also includes a link to Tushar's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm Cheers Andy Gigi wrote: > MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to > my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy w...

MDA to AA data migration
Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but are waiting for AA support from a 3rd party (AIT from mc2). We are considering implementing MDA for the short-term, then migrating to AA once it's supported by AIT. Mike, Currently working on a tool to do so, if you are interested in talking about it please contact me. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mike Muscarella" wrote: > Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but > are waiting fo...

Deleting rows containing common data
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows. The rows look like this: 007-007 68-4611 68-4682 total 007-007 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total How do I delete the rows containing "total" One way: 1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter > AutoFilter) 2. On the drop-down list, select "Total". 3. Select the range again if needed. 5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only." 6. Remove...

Lowest value in a selection of data
Hi What formula would I use to find the lowest value in a selection of data i.e. B49:E52. Much Appreciated Brian =MIN(B49:E52) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Jumping in here... Is it possible to know the address of the cell containing the minimum value? John. You can use the MATCH function to locate the (relative) position, but if you have more than one value which are minima then it will only find the first. Pete On Nov 16, 7:23 pm, John Google <JohnGoo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Jumping in here... > > Is it possible to know the address of the cell containin...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

Regarding data needed for regular meetings
Hello. I have a project that must be finished in Q4 in order to garner revenue for the year. To that end, I'm enforcing daily (1/2 hour) and weekly meetings. I'm trying to figure out what views are appropriate for which meeting. Perhaps in the daily meeting a view filtered to show the week's activities. Then in the weekly meeting, what, maybe a report showing activities for the month along with risks and issues? Anybody have real-world expertise they can apply to this? Thanks in advance. ...

Activated Outlook and lost all data on Outlook Express
When I downloaded Windows XP Patch 2 it included Outlook. I installed the patch and activated Outlook. My old Outlook Express disappeared, along with a lot of files that I hadn't read/responded to/saved. Is Outlook Express still somewhere in my computer system? How do I access it to review and save some of the files that were there? -- TeacherGuy If you use outlook 2003, try to import data from outlook express to outlook 2003. from menu of oulook 2003, file > import & export > import internet mail and addresses > Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x "TeacherGuy"...

How do I reduce the number of data points I have??
Hi , I have some 10000 data points from which I need to reduce to something like 100 points before making an xy chart. Typically I would like to make a chart of every 10th point. So basically I need to reduce the length of my two rows. Is there any way I can do this easily?? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- swapan From the Microsoft Charting FAQ: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ssan...

Do Pivot Tables have an automatic data range expansion?
As I add new rows of data to my data base, my pivot table will not expand to include them after refreshing. Is there any way of setting the pivot table to include the entire database regardless of its continuously growing size? Right now, as I add a new row of data I must delete my old Pivot table and create a new one from scratch. Is this normal? You can use a dynamic range that grows/contracts with your data. Debra Dalgleish explains it all at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic David.c.h wrote: > > As I add new rows of data to my data base, my pivot table wil...

Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database
any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database ??? the Error i get when attempting to Open The microsoft jet database engine stoped the process becouse you and another user are attempting to change the same data. Hi Levon, See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0700, "Levon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access >2000 Database ??? > > >the Error i get when attempting to Open > >The microsoft jet database engine s...

Is there a way to Sort Data by font color or cell shading?
I have a long list of items that I sort by either item number or date depending on what I'm looking for. From time to time these items status will change and I will gray them out by just shading the background of the cell gray. Is there a way I can sort these items by the background/shading of the cell first and then the secondary sort be date? So all the cells which contain gray shading will be first in the list (sorted by date if possible) then the rest of the list without the gray shading will follow by date as well. Thanks. Take a look at this link: http://www.cpearson.c...

Ms access data type detail
I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, like what are their limitations etc. Also how can i create a drop down list and allows selecting more than 1 texts. e.g ... in my db i have an option for known languages and the answers could be more than one. English, French, Spanish etc Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102744471033.aspx Aamir wrote: > I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, > like what are their limitations etc. > > Also how can i create a drop down list and al...

missing data--again!
Hello: A GP 8.0 client on SQL 2000 (8.00.2039) has reported--for the second time since late last August--that their unposted journal entry data keeps literally disappearing. Fortunately, I have had a backup that I can successfully restore. Also, I ran DBCC CHECKDB and Check Links in general, plus SQL is automatically performing this maintenance weekly every Sunday AM. No errors are reported. They have had, over the last year, one or two network issues pop up. But, I am having difficulty telling them for the second time to chalk it up to a network glitch. Again, it is only their un...

Archiving Dynamics GP MFG Data
Has anyone ever archived any of their Dynamics GP MFG Data? We need to do this but can't find any information on the best way to do so. Our data volume has grown over the years and queries are taking a performance hit as a result. In our test environment I found a 300% increase in efficiency when posting MO Receipts after deleting the data in the MOP1027 table, in which we had over 4 million records. I posted previously about MO Receipt posting being slower after upgrading and found that SQL 2k sp4 returns the following error found in the DEXSQL.log often when trying to perform inserts...

Exporting e-mail to a data file
I've tried a couple of varieties (Access, CSV) with similar results. Neither option includes the "Received" field. Why is that? How do I include the "Received" field in the exported file? Thank you, Bill Allen If you use Access to set up a linked table connected to your mail = folder, you will see the Received date among the available properties. = Third-party export tools are also available; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olco...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Sending graphic data to another computer2
Thank you for your reply... But I don't want to create a file, Just to send data and then show them in the server app. > this code captures the screen and writes it to a jpg, writing to a file will > take long, you should look into something that changes the bitmap into a jpg > in memory, perhapse even lets you play with the DPI (quality) to reduce the > size of the jpg. Like i said, my example creates a file, but you SHOULD NOT CREATE A FILE, you should simply convert the Bitmap to a JPG in memory so that it does not take too much memory. The bigger the image the longer it...

Input text message (dialog box) for data validation
Hello all: This may sound idiotic to some, but I've already been wasting too much time with this option, and am looking for some guru insight. I am trying to input text into the Data Validation Text Box that looks something like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q3) Was this a prospective or retrospective analysis or study documenting the effects of XYZ that compared and reported the data in the Marketing Strategy Program? a) Yes b) No c) This appears to be a concise comparison, but ot...

Macro: Find matching DATA, copy correspondently values into another list
Okey guys - please advise me on this. (There was unfortunately no quick response to my latest problem - and I begun to swim... However - that brought me out on deep VBA-water...again - and now need a life buoy (metaphorical spoken)). The core of my macro problem is to look for all the values in column A (Range A5:A??) in Sheet "BOARD" (not bored!!!) that match values in another list placed in column A in sheet "LIST". When finding the match I will copy correspondent celle.value in column D / sheet "BOARD" into column B in sheet "LIST" - this w...

graphing data with standard deviaton
after finding the standard deviation of my data how do I graph/plot the data in Excel having +3 standard deviation and -3 standard deviation thank you for any help Hi, You should find the information you need in Jon's section on statistical charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html Cheers Andy patiencescientist wrote: > after finding the standard deviation of my data how do I graph/plot the data > in Excel having +3 standard deviation and -3 standard deviation thank you for > any help -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

group data according to month/year
hi, i have two columns of data. one column has date in that and the other has value in it. I like to group them according to month/year and find the subtotal of each month in one year. I like to accomplish it without using pivot table. is that possible? Mosaddeq You could add a helper column with a formula like: =text(a2,"yyyymm") and then sort your data by this column. Then apply subtotals to the range using that helper column as the key. Mosaddeq Aziz wrote: > > hi, > > i have two columns of data. one column has date in that and the other has > value in ...

Finding data
Hi all, first post here at these forums :) I have a question/ problem that hopefully someone can answer for me. If anyone has the time, could they have a look at the attachment, i was easier that trying to explain it. But in a nutshell it involve finding data within sheets and totaling them on another sheet. The problem is that in my real world example, I will have 40 sheets and 100 rows of data, so performing it manually is out of th question. cheers, and thanks for your time. Charli +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: help1.zip ...

dropdown filter on Data Access Page
Hi, I have a data access page that is based on a query in my database. Currently the page brings up all data for today, and the page is formated into teams So it looks like this Today's date Team #1 entry #1 entry #2 Team #2 entry #1 Since this page can get long sometimes, I would like to add a dropdown menu at the top of the page, that allows them to filter their results by team. So once they make a selection they would only see the team selected. Today's date Team (only 1 listed) Entry #1 Entry #2 I've been trying to search on this, but jus...

Cannot import data from outlook express into outlook. Help?!
My version of outlook only offers me the choice of importing from O.Express 4.x or 5. I have O.Express 6.0 and wonder if there is some patch that I need to download in order to update my Outlook programme or am I fighting a losing battle? OL2003 allows for importing from OE 6.x. Not sure about OL2002. "Seahorse" <Seahorse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B7733D6-3218-4CF6-8330-7B6899F1380B@microsoft.com... > My version of outlook only offers me the choice of importing from > O.Express > 4.x or 5. I have O.Express 6.0 and wonder if there is some ...

VBA for comparing data within a range for Excel 2003
Hello, I have a column of data ( Column AD) where the cells will either be blank or have a numerical value in the cell. There is no pattern to which a cell will have a value or not. I am attempting to write code that will compare the data in the cells. In my example let D = the active cell B = the cell with a numerical value 2 above the active cell C = the cell with a numerical value 1 above the active cell A = the cell with a numerical value 3 above the active cell The logic is IF D >B, AND C>A Then AE = "Uptrend" or IF D<B, C<A, Then AE = "...