Data archive with GP Manufacturing

Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The
product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive,
at least not in the documentation.

Don't have an answer for you but we will be doing the same in the next week
or so.  Will report back when done.

"DavidInterDyn" wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The
> product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive,
> at least not in the documentation.

Datarange of source data
I have a pivot table that is based on a source worksheet. I'm continually adding lines to the source worksheet and have to keep changing the range in the pivot table. Is there a way to set it permanently to be "all the data in the source worksheet"? (My workaround is setting it at 65000 but I'm not sure whether it's hogging memory by doing that). Thanks Check out Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic She has instructions on how to create a dynamic range names. Joyce wrote: > > I have a pivot table that is based o...

Axis Data Location
I want the data in column 1 to be the Y axis scale and the data in columns 2 & 3 to show as a trend line in the chart. I have played with this 10 ways to Sunday and can't find how to do this. How do I identify the Row 1 to contain column headings. When I import it asks me but I typed these in and it shouldn't be this well hidden. Thanks in advance. Try deleting the title in the first column best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Michael E W" <MichaelEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF137D6F-DB...

Excel refreshing of data. Not happening. Hoiw Bizzaar
Hi There. So each time I change a cell the auto sum does not add up the change just keeps the original summed figure there....until you click on Save. The Sumed total then displays correctly. Any ideas on how i get excel to perform normally again. The file is about 1Mb Tools>options>calculations set it to automatic -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6A7649-CEDE-4A60-B597-F264E8612C12@microsoft.com... > Hi There. > So each time I change a cell the auto sum does not add up the change just > k...

Can I export Excel data into another software?
I am trying to export data from Excel into a catalog/price list in either Word or PageMaker. I know I can do it in Word, but is it possible to automatically update it once it is exported? Also, how do I lock the data in the Excel file after I have exported it? ...

Collect data by using e-mail messages
In Access 2007, a user can open a table, click on the External Data tab, click on the Create Email group, and follow the steps to collect data updates through email. Rather than have to click on the tabs from the toolbar, I need to create a macro so that when the user clicks a command button, the same events happen. I asked this question a few weeks ago, but received just a few responses and no one seemed to be aware that Access 2007 has the "Collect Data through Email" option. Thanks in advance for your time! *Glen* On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 06:31:01 -0800, *G...

Chemistry data analysis and bar chart- LEGEND help
May i have your patience in exactly understanding what i wish to do with my excel barchart. I have barcharts (standard type) which is stacked column and hence compares the contribution of each value to a total across categories. I have several treatment samples,and thereby, i make four bar charts aligned together with an overlap 100 and gap width 0. This type of 4 more in the same graph. Hence in a total 16 bars in one graph (4x4 =16). However, further to complicate i need to change the pattern to show them as different different treatment samples. Hence i used "Format datapoint" to...

X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data
Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't find an easy way to do this. did you try this righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis> choose <scale> UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed be...

sharing Excel '03 data with Access
Hello experts, I'm attempting to convert excel data to an access database. I cannot find the access add-in link that is available in previous versions of excel, nor does it appear available from Microsoft's web site. Any thoughts on the best way to covert without an add-in? The best way to get data into Access is to import it via Access rather than pushing it from another app. MH "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1141996580.690866.131650@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello experts, > > I'm attempting to convert excel data to an a...

Add-In that refreshes Data in Memory
We have been stumped by a problem with an Add-in we are currently using with RMS 1.3. Basically, we have an add-in initiated from a custom button. Information is calculated and placed in the database/Customer Notes section of the Customer for printing on the 8.5x11 receipt. The add-in works great, however, the customer information does not get refreshed so when we go to print the receipt (customized as well) the information does not get properly output. Essentially, we need a way to refresh the data in memory (to be in sync with the newly updated info) within the add-in code. VB.ne...

Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point
I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of my other monthly totals from the data table? Hi: One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the same colours for the data as for the background. HTH, Henk "pepper76" wrote: > I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data > table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or...

Output data to file in Fortran 6F10.3 format
I'm a new to writing Excel macros and have hit a bit of a wall. I'm using Excel to pre-process data for an old Fortran Application. I requires a .dat file containing a preamble and then data in a 6F10. format. The Excel data I want to write to the file is formatted as Number wit 3 decimals (+ or -). I have a macro that creates the file and preamble I can read all the data, but I'm having trouble getting the 6 column of F10.3 to format properly. The blank spaces are 'space' (Chr32). Th negative sign is left of the most significant figure, not to the lef of the field. A...

Stacked column data does not display
I'm using a stacked column chart. When I select the x-axis labels, the stacked column data for one column disappears from the chart. If I remove the x-axis label selection, the column reappears. What if you select other elements of the chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "endee" <endee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C635129-E04E-47FA-AB5E-54814F7794C4@microsoft.com... > I'm using a stacked column chart. When I select the x-axis labels, the > stacked column da...

Analysis Cubes Sample and Live Data
I want to create analysis cubes for the Sample company as well as for the live company. It is important to have these cubes for sample data so that the users can play and get used to working with this tool. Because of the dates (2010 - 2017) in the Sample Company Fabrikam, I cannot create the cubes in the same analysis cubes Data Warehouse. Should a different data warehouse be created for the sample company? -- Patti I would install two different instances of the analysis cubes. 1-Install the analysis cubes using the default names from the installer. I think the database and An...

Different data sheets
We put together a questionnaire in xls. Got over 100 of them back, and have now to pull together the info we gathered. I put all 100 in one single workbook, each time in a different sheet. Would now need to put all the answers given per question, in a separate sheet. If I put f.i. in a cell ='1'!A37, I get there the answer of sheet one, cell 37. But if I drag this down to copy this, the sheet always stays the first one, while I would like xls to change each time the sheet, but keep the cell. So how can I copy this that I get in the cell below ='2'!A37, next ...

SOP Transactions to History in GP 7.5
We are creating an automated process to move open line items from ordered to back ordered after a number of days and then from BO to canceled after another subsequent number of days. Is there a stored procedure we can call at the end of our process to move all of the orders where the line items have either been fulfilled or canceled to history? We are using Great Plains 7.5. Thanks, You may want to look at the Batch Transfer Manager by Binary Stream http://www.binarystream.com/BatchTransferManager_SOP.asp "James Allen" wrote: > We are creating an automated process to mo...

Data Validation #8
Hi Hope some genius out there can help. I need to ensure that users enter a numeric value in the current cell of a range of cells. I've attempted to use the "Data Validation" feature of Excel but do not want to restrict the user to a particular range of numbers, but merely to restrict them from entering a text value. I selected my "Validation Criteria" as "Custom" with a "Formula" =ISNUMBER(CELL("address")). This approach only seems to work on the first cell in the range. Subsequent entries in the other cells in the range where this valid...

Copy user data from old Windows user profile to new profile ?
Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer 8 Hello: Cookies generated by Internet Explorer include my family name in the username section of the cookie filename before the "@", e.g. Smith@microsoft.txt. I assume that is because my family name was used as the Windows user profile username. I want to remove that family name from future cookies. What do I have to do? Changing the Windows user profile username is not the solution, as new cookies are still created using the old username in the filoename, in the usual format of <username...

GP Role page: be able to add folder and sort and hide items
Role page is excellent new feature but would be better if you could: 1. Be able to add folders like the shortcut bar and expand as needed. 2. When you look at the list of My Reports there should be options for Sorting and Order by which you would like to see the items under the My Report Heading. How does it currently decide what order they are in? 3. Choose how many items you would like to see under the headings. Now you have to delete if you don't want to see then have to add back again. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

data sort box too big-can it be formatted
Excel 2007? Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee <Clee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: can it be formatted to stay the smaller size? I keep having to reduce it and it is annoying "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Excel 2007? > > Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. > > Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. > > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP > > On Tue, 2 Jun ...

How to arrange data
Hi i am about eating an inventory database for a small makeup store, however thier product are many in terms of category and group. you have the lip glosses , lip liners, eye liners and so many others like skin care stuff. what will be the best way to arrange this data should i put all the product in one colum or seperate them into their own columns. pls advice thank you It is better to have 4 or 5 columns such as below;which would help to summarize information based on category,group etc; Category Group Product name Product code Price -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) &qu...

Data from multiple workbooks
I suspect this may be easier to do in access but maybe you know a way in excel. I have multiple excel files that all have the same headings. Users will be entering data into these workbooks. Once they have been filled in, I want to be able to easily extract the data from the mutltiple workbooks and bring them into 1 workbook so I can then interrogate the data (filter etc). Is there an easy way rather than copying and pasting each time? Hi Burt Ron de Bruin has lots of code at his site to deal with copying data from other sheets or other workbooks to a single sheet. http://www.rond...

Extract data from a record to input into another record from same table
I'm the registrar for a Little League and I track all of the information about players, coaches, sponsors, etc. When I come across an instance where siblings are playing, I would like to create a new record and "autofill" the input form with some of information (address, phone email, etc.) from a sibling's record by using a single "Add Sibling" button. Thanks for any help - John -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 Sounds like you may want to update your table structures to be better normalize...

Adding data to a linked database
I currently have a access database which is link to a read only external database via odbc. What I am wanting to do is be able to add addtional data to these records in my database ie The link brings in a list of reject no's against each of these numbers I would like to add additional table columns for who created the problem, and what shift they were created on. Can I do this? You could create a table in your Access database and join the two tables by the primary key field in the linked table. Use a form based on the primary/linked table and a subform for your table....

SUMIF based on data in adjacent row
Hello, I have a spreadsheet used almost like a timesheet, which I use to compare projected hours spent against acutal hours spent. The list of names is fairly long and can have the same name twice so I would like to create a summary report which groups the total hours spent for an idividual person. Example: In column 'A' I have each staff member billing their time to a different project. Column 'B' is the expected hours they would spend over a two day period, Column 'C' and 'D' are the actual hours spent in those two days and Column 'E' is the ...

Converting multiple data codes to numbers
Hi there, I have an extensive data set entered in excel. The data includes several codes with number-letter combinations (e.g., 1a, 1b, 2f, etc). I need to convert these codes to numerical values (e.g., 1a = 1). There are too many to use the search / replace command. Is there a formula I can use to change the codes more efficiently? Thanks. Assuming your codes are in one column then you may use VLOOKUP... 1. Set up two columns first with current codes (1a,...) and second with corresponding code you want (1,...), say in Col C and D 2. Now if you have your old codes in...