customized field not displaying as a column choice in SmartList

We were sent the package file and sql scripts to add a customized field
(Budget ID) to the Purchasing Item Detail Entry form by our VAR.  My question
is - how do you make that customized field visable in SmartList?  The users
requested this field so that they would be able to search PO's by the Budget
ID.  Of course, I assigned the security rights to the modified form, but that
does not make it display as a column available to be used in a search in
SmartList.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

0
Patti1 (48)

Patti,

Unless adding this field to a built-in SmartList was part of the
customization, I believe you would need to use SmartList Builder to create a
new SmartList showing the data you want.  I would ask your VAR what the best
way of accomplishing what you need is, since they have the most knowledge of
the details of your customization and your GP environment.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We were sent the package file and sql scripts to add a customized field
> (Budget ID) to the Purchasing Item Detail Entry form by our VAR.  My
> question
> is - how do you make that customized field visable in SmartList?  The
> users
> requested this field so that they would be able to search PO's by the
> Budget
> ID.  Of course, I assigned the security rights to the modified form, but
> that
> does not make it display as a column available to be used in a search in
> SmartList.
>
> Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

0
victoria (3340)
7/29/2009 10:25:09 AM
Thank you for the information, Victoria.  It was very helpful.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Patti,
>
> Unless adding this field to a built-in SmartList was part of the
> customization, I believe you would need to use SmartList Builder to create a
> new SmartList showing the data you want.  I would ask your VAR what the best
> way of accomplishing what you need is, since they have the most knowledge of
> the details of your customization and your GP environment.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We were sent the package file and sql scripts to add a customized field
> > (Budget ID) to the Purchasing Item Detail Entry form by our VAR.  My
> > question
> > is - how do you make that customized field visable in SmartList?  The
> > users
> > requested this field so that they would be able to search PO's by the
> > Budget
> > ID.  Of course, I assigned the security rights to the modified form, but
> > that
> > does not make it display as a column available to be used in a search in
> > SmartList.
> >
> > Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

0
Patti1 (48)

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

Excluding hidden columns and rows when copying to another workbook
When I print part of a worksheet that has hidden columns and rows - the hidden columns and rows do not print. That's what I want. Now--I'd like to take that same data and copy it to another workbook excluding the formulas and hidden columns and rows so that the new file contains only the data as was printed. How can I do that? PJ Select your range including hidden rows and columns then Edit>Go To>Special>Visible cells only>OK Now do your copy/paste. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:16:07 -0800, "PJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Customize Toolbar corrupted
When I try to customize the toolbar so that I can integrate Outlook Express newsreader in Outlook the "New" button does not appear in Command under "Go". I tried several things: a) repair b) reinstall c) uninstall and reinstall Still nothing works. How can I uninstall completely and star all over again. Or if I knew what file or dll is used I may be able to copy one from another computer. IF You are not looking in the right place place for "News" - I assume that's what you mean by "New" in your post. In Outlook try this, right click on th...

Sorting with Column has Formula
Hi everyone, I never imagined that the formula in the column would affect the sorting order in any way, but it does in my case. Below is the formula in that I have in Col I, and I'd like to sort it in Ascending order, but the result is that it sorts with all the empty rows on top and the one with the result from the formula at the bottom. I assume it consider the "I" in the "IF" function in the formula, but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? =IF(E2="","",IF(J2="X","Priority #1",IF(...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

Displaying a dataset or datatable in Excel
There's something I think ought to be easy, but I can't find a way to do it. Either there's something wrong with the way I'm searching, or there's a reason it can't be done easily. What I want is to create an excel addin that, when the user opens a spreadsheet , it goes out and fetches some data from a database, and displays it in a table. Pretty straightforward. Here's some code: void Application_WorkbookOpen(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook wb) {//I've also attached this to other events. The "open" event isn't...

Comments don't display properly
I'm working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2003. I've been adding comments in the normal way (Insert Comment / Edit Comment). In the Tools / Options / View I've got "Comments indicator only" selected. I see the little red triangle. Till recently, when I hovered the mouse over a cell with a column indicator, the comment popped up. However, something has happened now so that when I hover the mouse over the cell, I see the line leading to the comment, but the comment text box seems to be collapsed. In some cases, the comment box consists of simply a line, with the com...

Varying column widths
I have 2 excel sheets - one is 20 columns wide the 2nd is 7 columns wide. The 20 column sheet has a general information section at the top that I would like to add to the 7 coulmn spreadsheet. However, when I copy and paste it "spreads out" or goes way beyond the width due to the number of columns. I have tried paste special object and entering the excel sheet that way and it doesn't fit properly and too many cells are shown. Any other way to do this? If you only want it up there for appearance purposes, you can try: Copy the selection. Click the cell where you want t...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

How do I TRIM a field in existing fields....?
I didn't realize when I imported some data into my database that there were a bunch of spaces after all the data. I know that I can do a RTRIM the data in a query, but I don't want to have to remember every time I create a query to TRIM it. Do I have to use a query and make a temp table and then delete the data from my original table and then put the data back in from my temp table. I can do this, but wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks Kelvin Kelvin A standard approach to importing (and "cleaning") data is to import/append to a temporary table, then ...

Equivalent Column Break
In MSWord you can insert a column break when doing newspaper columns. If I have two text frames connected, and I am almost at the bottom of one but want Publisher to start at the top of the next one, how do I insert a 'break'? or do I have to press return until it move the text. Thanks Anita (1) You could shorten that column so that your text breaks where you want it to. (2) Or you could check the Help file and search for "insert break". Insert a column break You can insert a column break anywhere in a text box. If the text box contains more than one column, the ...

How to transfer Custom Views to another machine
Outlook 2003 How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? Thank you for your help. They are contained within your pst-file so if you transfer that you'll transfer the views too. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:usDhjJ7hHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? >...

Hiding Column and Row Bars.
I know theres a way to costumize the way you view an excel page by hiding toolbars, but is there a way to hide the rows and column bars just so all you can see is the actual page. E.G. is there a way to Hide the top bar that defines the colums "A", "B", "C","D" and Rows 1,2,3,4,5. Go to Tools>Options>View, there are a number of options you can play with there. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tamato43" <tamato43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D1E5DEB-D6F2-47C8-95E2-2...

Column comparison
I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for this please? Many thanks DT Hi Dave, Need more information like a sample of the existing data plus a sample of what you want left. Maybe an explanation of the criteria for what needs to be deleted. -- Regards, OssieMac "Dave T" wrote: > I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and > delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for > this please? > > Many than...

Disallowing duplication of nmbers in a column
Is Excel capable of disallowing the same numbers in a column? I have a column in a sheet that invoice numbers are entered into. I would like that column to alert or something if duplicate numbers are typed in. Hi Have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Andy. "Barb1" <Barb1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3631DD3-724E-4C0D-956B-4201876A9A4A@microsoft.com... > Is Excel capable of disallowing the same numbers in a column? I have a > column in a sheet that invoice numbers are entered into. I would like > that > c...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

Custom Forms
Hello, A fellow administrator recently installed a custom form on our 2003 exchange server. One thing we noticed is that within Outlook 2003 the new form works just great, but we don't see it when logging into exchange via the web interface. Is there a way to get the custom for to be seen there? thanks! Sean no. 6-bit or 32-bit eforms won't display in OWA That isn't to say that you can't customize OWA, nor am I saying that you can't build all sorts of powerful apps on top of the Exchange store (i.e. non-mapi top level hierarchies and custom app-specific schemas,et...

Custom Forms 11-04-04
Hi All, When customizing a form in CRM 1.2 I cant find the way to edit the part of the forms that appear when you save a newly opened case. ie. When you save a new case it goes from having just the "information" button on the left hand side to having the activites and notes buttons. I'd like to be able to customise those areas. Is this possible through the CRM interface? If not how do you do it? Thanks All Tom You can add tabs to the left part of the screen via the ISV.Config file. For more information on that, refere to the SDK online. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---...

SmartList Builder SubTotals
Hi, Our client would like to create SubTotals in his SmarLists with SmartList Builder. I don't believe this is available. I seem to recall a 3rd party SmartList solution which incorporated some of this Excel like functionality. thoughts? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada http://www.dynextra.com/news.asp?news_id=40#replies -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 -------------------------------------------- Share your knowledge. Add your favorite questions and ans...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...