Customization gets disabled when GP restarts

Hi,

I have some code that creates menu items and a toolbar. I am storing the
triggers for that script in Startup. When I start GP, I go to 'Tools ->
Customize -> Customization Status' and enable the customization. My other
code then works fine. But the menu items and toolbar that I am creating
doesn't get created because the code for that runs when the GP starts.

Now if I turned GP off and restarted it, the code still doesn't run. I
checked the status of my customization and is disabled event though I enabled
it before restarting.

How do I save the status of my customization? Why is it getting disabled
when I restart GP?
0
Nik (43)

There is probably something wrong with your code.  I would suggest logging a
support case so it can be analysed.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Nik" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some code that creates menu items and a toolbar. I am storing the
> triggers for that script in Startup. When I start GP, I go to 'Tools ->
> Customize -> Customization Status' and enable the customization. My other
> code then works fine. But the menu items and toolbar that I am creating
> doesn't get created because the code for that runs when the GP starts.
>
> Now if I turned GP off and restarted it, the code still doesn't run. I
> checked the status of my customization and is disabled event though I enabled
> it before restarting.
>
> How do I save the status of my customization? Why is it getting disabled
> when I restart GP?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
11/16/2006 10:59:01 PM
What are you doing in your Startup script or application that is disabling
triggers for your application?  I guess it could be some other "security"
app doing this since any app can affect any other app also but I haven't
heard of one.  But by default NO application will start up as disabled
unless some Dexterity code uses Trigger_Enable() (believe is the function
name) and disables it.  So it's either your app or another one doing this.

To find out which:

1. take out all apps but dynamics & your app from the .set file.
2. launch GP. Is your app disabled?

If not, then it might be a 3rd party.  Add them back one by one and relaunch
gp each time to see which (or I should say review the product names in
the.set file and take a good guess.  Obviously Excel Based Budgeting is not
the problem nor Smartlist.

If you are still disabled, then it's your code somehow.  Your best bet is to
put some warning statements in your code and trace it through to see where
this is happening.  if you can't get it, then likely you will have to submit
an eSupport case and send in your code and we can take a look.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have some code that creates menu items and a toolbar. I am storing the
> triggers for that script in Startup. When I start GP, I go to 'Tools ->
> Customize -> Customization Status' and enable the customization. My other
> code then works fine. But the menu items and toolbar that I am creating
> doesn't get created because the code for that runs when the GP starts.
>
> Now if I turned GP off and restarted it, the code still doesn't run. I
> checked the status of my customization and is disabled event though I
enabled
> it before restarting.
>
> How do I save the status of my customization? Why is it getting disabled
> when I restart GP?

0
prot1 (1345)

Business Portal Customizations #2
Hello Everyone, I have few questions on BP4 on MS Office SharePoint Server 2007 for GP10: 1) Is it possible to create a new business object using Web Services for GP SDK? If so can you please point me to some samples/learning resources on this? 2) I think its possible to load a custom aspx web page in BP using tab web part. Is it possible to determine the currently active company id/name and pass it on to such a web page as a parameter? 3) Is it possible to convert a custom aspx web page into a web part for BP - so that it can be added to the web part gallery? 4) I need to create a new...

Getting Outlook to download web based mail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C9C68C.5A5E4B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Group Is 'outlook" able to download web based emails - specifically form = live.com. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers Rod ------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C9C68C.5A5E4B60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META ...

GP 9 users get disconnected from SQL Server DEX_SESSION doesn't kn
We recently upgraded to GP 9 from 7.5 and moved from a SQL Server 2000 to a SQL Server 2005 server. Ever since the upgrade all users have experienced errors that result from the server process having been dropped and reassigned to a new user, but DEX_SESSION still thinks the original user is connected to the spid. Has anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution or idea where to look? Thank you for any help you can provide. ~Ellen -- Thank you for sharing your knowledge ------=_NextPart_0001_2F68CBF5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, T...

1099 update for GP 7.5 for Dec 2006
Will there be a 1099 update for Great Plains 7.5 on SQL this December? I know technical support ends January 2007, but I read that tax updates ended this past August. Can anyone from Microsoft confirm whether or not I'll need to do my update to 9.0 before year-end? Other than the 1099 update, we are not in a rush - the client, for budgeting purposes cannot update until next year. I realize the importance of updating before technical support ends, but the client can't get funding. No more tax updates for v7.5. You could check with third parties if you don't want to u...

how to customize the default titlebar of window?
i wanna make app take on a new look instead of windows default style. how to reach this goal? exclude the method of hiding title bar, any new method can reach this goal? thank you. You would have to handle drawing of the title bar by handling WM_NCPAINT message. Drawing would have to include close, minimize, maximize/restore and close buttons. See forums like codeguru or codeproject for code samples. "wen" wrote: > i wanna make app take on a new look instead of windows default style. > how to reach this goal? > exclude the method of hiding title bar, any new method ...

Custom Categories in Outlook 2002
Have created custom categories in Outlook 2002. An admin made several changes to contacts using Outlook 2000. Now when open contacts in Outlook 2002 custom categories are all messed up. Ran across MS Article #303937 about custom categories not transferring from 2000 to 2002. But what about vice versa? Why are the custom categories messed up when they were created in 2002? The admin only made changes to the region portion of the address. ...

How can I get the active cell in a worksheet to be highlighted in.
When working on a very large spreadsheet, I find it difficult to identify the active cell quickly and it would be helpful it it could be highlighted in a different color than all the rest. Is there any way to do this? Hi not quite what you have asked for but see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Note: This kind of event procedure will disbable the UNDO functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DizzyD" <DizzyD@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DA26FEF3-1092-429E-BDB8-8F5319F31B2B@microsoft.com... > When working on a very la...

Disabled CTreeControl question
Hello! If I select an item in a tree - and disable the whole tree - all the items in that tree is "grayed". How can I avoid that? This is how I would like things to work - only one item should be grayed - and I should not be able to click on this tree. -- - Lars >If I select an item in a tree - and disable the whole tree - all the items >in that tree is "grayed". > >How can I avoid that? > >This is how I would like things to work - only one item should be grayed - >and I should not be able to click on this tree. Lars, Try giving the item th...

disabling automatic hyperlinks
Hello- Is there a way to turn off automatic hyperlinking in Outlook, when using HTML or RTF formatting? I've checked through help and looked at autocorrect settings but have not found anything. Thanks for the assistance. Ray Stone wrote: > Hello- > > Is there a way to turn off automatic hyperlinking in Outlook, when using > HTML or RTF formatting? I've checked through help and looked at > autocorrect settings but have not found anything. > > Thanks for the assistance. Oops, I forgot to mention that this is Outlook 2003. ...

editing custom views
Hello, I have a finance spreadsheet I created for myself to plan my household budget where I have a row for every day of the year. Sine some days nothing happens amongst the days I am planing for I created 2 views. One which displays all the rows and a "part view" which hides the rows with no activity. As the year goes on and I plan further down the sheet I'll want to edit the "part view" so that it includes further rows which will be hidden. How do I do this? When I go to View/Custom View it only gives me the option to Show, Close, Add or Delete a view? Wou...

Customize Outlook Today button does not respond #2
When I click on the Customize Outlook Today - it doesn't do anything. It does not take me to another screen to allow me make changes in its set up. Thoughts? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3d22a$ada818c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... When I click on the Customize Outlook Today - it doesn't do anything. It does not take me to ...

can't get html format
I tried all the settings and can not get any of my messages to view in html format. I get several newsletters and they all show the links in stead of pics. Any ideas? What version of Outlook? Outlook 97 cannot use HTML at all. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer RanMan <rw1@twcny.rr.com> asked: | I tried all the settings and can not get any of my messages to view | in html f...

Can't get rid of combo box
Hi, I followed these instructions from a previous post, but it didn't help. Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Press the Delete key, to delete any objects that were selected. (no objects were selected) If that didn't work, it may be an object from the control toolbox: (yes, it was) Choose View>Toolsbars>Control toolbox Click the Design mode button Point to one of the lines If the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow, click on the line to select it (it didn't change to a four-headed arrow) Press the delete key, to delete the line I also used the arrow ...

How do I get a word count on an article I just completed?
I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how many words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my own (new computer) to no avail. Help, please! Which version of Word???????? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "SunflowerJean" <SunflowerJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:386A9D9B-BE83-4836-B6E7-04DA5A09DC09@microsoft.com... > I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how > many > words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my > ...

Last Chance For Getting Page One Rankings & FREE Traffic
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P><A href="http://bit.ly/authblinks">http://bit.ly/authblinks</A> <BR>&nbsp;<BR>Go there now� this is your last chance to find out HOW you can get Page One Rankings on Google<BR>&nbsp;<BR>AND directly benefit from an endless flow of FREE traffic to ANY website!<BR>&nbsp;<BR>This is insane� I mean SEO is difficult right?<BR>&nbsp;<...

GP 7.5 Grant Management
Looking for a custom report (either crystal, report writer, etc. doesn't matter) for GP 7.5 Grant Management (formerly Encore). For a grant, client wants to see by account actual versus budget inception-to-date. Looking for someone that has already developed such a report or tried to develop. Thanks, John ...

Other Desktop Alert Customizations
Hello: Is there any way to make the desktop alert blink when new mail arrives? Does anybody know how to customize the desktop alerts in 2007 beyond what can seen in Tools| Options? -- Jose L Pineda http://josepineda.net "Jose L Pineda" <JoseLPineda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:245375C7-D10F-4675-8612-3B34578ED91D@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to make the desktop alert blink when new mail arrives? > Does anybody know how to customize the desktop alerts in 2007 beyond what > can > seen in Tools| Options? You can't ...

Windows identity getting confused between users
We are observing some strange behaviour in our web server logs where where the Identity of the currently logged in user seems to be getting swapped with another user. I will describe our set up before explaining further. We are running an asp.net web site (v3.5 of the framework) on 2 Windows 2008 web servers and use forms authentication.They are load balanced using a separate server running Apache 2.2 on Linux (Cent OS 5). The load balancing simply attaches a cookie to a user and directs them to a particular server for each subsequent request. We notice on occasion patterns i...

Customer Attribute Types
I am creating a customer form in CRM and would like to add a field that will allow a user to choose from a picklist, but be allowed to select more than one from the list. Is this possible? How? Thanks ...

disabling folder and registry virtualization for a legacy application
I have a legacy application that properly handles failures to access folders and registry entries (if the user does not have appropriate privilege), but Vista's folder and registry virtualization is thwarting the proper operation of this code, since accesses that should fail appear to succeed (but do the wrong thing). How do I disable this feature for this application? I've been reading about manifest files, whose presence will disable this feature, except that it is not clear whether the manifest must be embedded into the application or if it can merely reside with t...

Problem getting other site recipients to replicate into Exch 2K3
Hi. I hope someone can help me with this: We have 5 Ex 55 servers in 4 sites, configured in a Hub and spoke topology We have just began the process of moving from Ex 5.5 on NT4 to Ex 2K3 on W2K3 at the central site. We have already installed the first EX 2K3 server and replication went great, with AD being replicated with disabled accounts from the other sites. Problem is these accounts were deleted by our IT security guys who did not know hat they were. Since the replication was 2-way, this deleted the directory entries in the respective remote sites. Mail to the remore sites could no...

Emails get bounced back sometimes
I have a mailbox that was removed from the active directory and then put back in brand new with the same settings. Now certain emails get bounced back with the error message The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'William Henderson' on 5/15/2007 9:00 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <terra.jacobstern.com #5.1.1> But if I resend this email from that same user it will go through. This only happens t...

Problems installing legal copy of Office 2003 after getting WGA notice
I'm having a problem installing Office 2003 Professional on a laptop which previously had an illegal copy of Office. The laptop is running Vista Home Premium SP2. Here are the details of this problem. I purchased the laptop with Microsoft Office 2003 Professional installed on it. To make sure everything was current, I downloaded and installed Windows Updates which included the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification software. I started receiving notifications when I open Word or Excel that my copy of Office 2003 was not genuine and that I was possibly a victim of software counte...

Payroll Setup GP 10
working with a client setting up Payroll module. Getting this message when linking an employee to a position. This Position Pay Code and Link doesn't exist Any suggestions on how to get around this? Thanks Kevin Do they have HR installed? Go to Tools >> Setup >> System >> HR Preferences and mark the option to Ignore Position/Pay Code Links. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kevin" wrote: > working with a client setting up Payroll module. Getting this message when > linking an employee to a position. > > This Position Pay Cod...

Getting a left margin to behave like a header or footer
Good morning. Our letterhead lists our products along the left margin, and i'd like them to be "cemented" on, like they would if they appeared in the header or footer, but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions? A header or footer can be anywhere on the page. Open the header view and insert a (borderless?) text box in the left margin to take your margin text then close the header view. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My ...