Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field

Hello:

We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
refreshing the report, the data is correct.

We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.

For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
of the 5,000 possible values.

Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
do appear.

To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
(Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
number you expect)

No luck....

How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
field?

Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
picklist?

childofthe1980s

child,

I've run into the same issue before.  This is a limitation in Crystal.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/18/2009 1:53:49 PM
In previous versions, I seem to remember this problem as a timeout issue.
Queries for parameter loading have a shorter timeout value.  I know Crystal
will only hit a DB server for 10 minutes (600 seconds) before timing out.
You can change that.  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.  I
haven't used it in a while. Sorry.
--
Tim Foster

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
> rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
> refreshing the report, the data is correct.
>
> We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
> parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
> we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
> allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.
>
> For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
> parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
> of the 5,000 possible values.
>
> Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
> If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
> do appear.
>
> To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
> Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
> (Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
> number you expect)
>
> No luck....
>
> How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
> field?
>
> Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
> picklist?
>
> childofthe1980s
0
tfoster (136)
9/18/2009 2:02:10 PM
Actually, all I had to do was reboot after I added that simple registry key.
Then, I was able to see all values and the situation was resolved.

Thank you to you guys who chimed in, regardless!

childofthe1980s

"Tim Foster" wrote:

> In previous versions, I seem to remember this problem as a timeout issue.
> Queries for parameter loading have a shorter timeout value.  I know Crystal
> will only hit a DB server for 10 minutes (600 seconds) before timing out.
> You can change that.  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.  I
> haven't used it in a while. Sorry.
> --
> Tim Foster
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
> > rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
> > refreshing the report, the data is correct.
> >
> > We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
> > parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
> > we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
> > allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.
> >
> > For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
> > parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
> > of the 5,000 possible values.
> >
> > Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
> > If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
> > do appear.
> >
> > To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
> > Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
> > (Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
> > number you expect)
> >
> > No luck....
> >
> > How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
> > field?
> >
> > Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
> > picklist?
> >
> > childofthe1980s
Cool!!  Good to know!!

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/18/2009 2:51:57 PM
Fantastic information! I've had this issue as well. What does LOV stand for?

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Actually, all I had to do was reboot after I added that simple registry key.
> Then, I was able to see all values and the situation was resolved.
>
> Thank you to you guys who chimed in, regardless!
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Tim Foster" wrote:
>
> > In previous versions, I seem to remember this problem as a timeout issue.
> > Queries for parameter loading have a shorter timeout value.  I know Crystal
> > will only hit a DB server for 10 minutes (600 seconds) before timing out.
> > You can change that.  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.  I
> > haven't used it in a while. Sorry.
> > --
> > Tim Foster
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
> > > rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
> > > refreshing the report, the data is correct.
> > >
> > > We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
> > > parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
> > > we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
> > > allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.
> > >
> > > For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
> > > parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
> > > of the 5,000 possible values.
> > >
> > > Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
> > > If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
> > > do appear.
> > >
> > > To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:
> > >
> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
> > > Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
> > > (Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
> > > number you expect)
> > >
> > > No luck....
> > >
> > > How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
> > > field?
> > >
> > > Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
> > > picklist?
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
LeslieVail (702)

Problem reading with Percentage values
Hi, I am using OleDB provider to read excel file. I am facing the problem when reading percentage values from some excel sheets (very rarely). Suppose a cell has 42.3%, when reading the value it comes like 0.423... but while reading other Workbook's excel sheets (for those actual value is 24.7%), it reads properly like 24.7.... When i checked excel sheet cell Format for both Workbooks, it is same with Percentage with 1 decimal. Connection String i am using to read excel sheet is Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source='" + strFilePath.R...

Exchange 2003 will not deliver external mail to inboxes
I have an odd situation that I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. I have one 2003 server. It is my main active directory server, DNS server, Web/FTP server AND Exchange 2003 server. I am just learning about 2003, Active directory, Exchange. I am not a newbie, but I am not too experienced with those things. Last week I got it up and running and everything seemed to be working great. I could send and receive e-mail internally and externally without any problems. Now, stuff is broke - and I don't know what it is. If I send e-mail internally, all is fine. If s...

Lookup Value in Workflow Template
I was trying to get lookup value in my workflow template (Email), but i could not the value appearing null (empty), while Picklist or text its appearing in my worfklow email template. why i am not getting any lookup value. Example : Owner (its not appearing). Time Create : Created on (Its appearing). early response will be much appriciated. Thanks, Syed. ...

Extracting the last word of a field
Hi all, I have an excell sheet where one column contains the address data including the city. I want to take the city from this field and put it in another field. The method I thought is to fiind the LAST space character, and extract what is on the right of this space character. I try to use FIND & RIGHT functions, but as there are more than one space characters in each column, it does not work. Can anybody help. Thanks for answers one way: =MID(A1,FIND("$",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","$",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))+1, 255...

Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset
I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of converting an XML document to a dataset. I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date. Currently the dates are being treated as strings. ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>... > I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of > converting an XML document to a dataset. > > I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the ...

Mouse Scroll Wheel in Memo Fields
How can I get my mouse wheel to scroll down a Memo Field control? (it works fine on combo boxes) ...

field order
I made a pivot table report. somthing like following, it is about serve access count Server1 server server3 server 4 Date time 10/1/2004 1:00pm -6:00pm 1000 5600 50050 243243 10/1/2004 8:00am -12:00pm 23424 4234 4234 674 9/29/2004 1:00pm -6:00pm 2 3243 32 4234 9/29/2004 8:00am -12:00pm x x x x 9/30/2004 1:00pm -6:00pm x x x x 9/30/2004 8:ooam -12:00pm 256 ...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

Calculated field 02-05-08
I am trying to calculated the number of days between to manually entered dates.Example.... Start date=02/05/08 and due date=02/08/08.... 3 days right? how do i get it to show on my form and entered into my table? Jim, It is bad practice to store calculated fields in your tables. If you need to store is somewhere you typically use a query for this. You'd then use yhis query as the source for your form. Calculation in the query: create a new field called difference like this difference: datediff("d",[firstdatefield],[seconddatefield]) hth -- Maurice Ausum "jim"...

Error after creation a custom field with Schema manager
This is my first attempt to customize the CRM. I used Schema manager to create a new field (attribute) and it seemed to be allright there. Then I published the customization, restarted the IIS and entered the CRM. Now an attempt to enter the customized area (I tried it with Leads and Opportunities) produces an Error without any informative message. Yet, I successfully customized a form with a new tab, new screen controls and OnChange event. Did anybody encounter a similar problem and/or knows a cure? boazM Do you removed any field? To see the error details turn On DevErros key on web.co...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

e-mail address is unresolved in the From field
Hi there! if got a problem with the resolve of the "From" Contact when i send an e-mail through outlook and track it to CRM. When I switch to CRM to watch the created E-Mail activity i get the following message: "The sender's email address could not be resolved to a record in the system. At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system." But the contact exists in CRM, the link has to be done each time manually, which is very annoying! Any ideas / solutions? hy looks like the emails is used more than one time in the crm system. take care: c...

Parameter of dll's function
Hi all, I write a MFC application, in this application I load a dll and call its function by use GetProcAddress function. The function of dll that I need invoke has an output parameter which is a pointer of CString class. In dll's function I asign the value of local variable to the content CString pointer parameter. After performing this asign operation my application is halted. What is wrong in my asign operator. Please help me. Thanks. What is the type of your local variable ? Does exe and dll use the same version of MFC ? Generally speaking, following code should work: void...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer
Am using Access 2003 I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the repo...

Keyword search for a comments field
Hello and thank you in advance. I have a forms that limits the rows to be displayed from a Querry sheet from what is picked in the form. I have it all tied into a OK button on the Form. I now have a comments field and my boss would like to use the comments field to select certain data. EXAMPLE: type/select Laser and only the rows that have laser in there comments field would be displayed. If I write the following code into the Querry sheet it works fine but now I need it to work in my form. Code: Like "*" &[enter search key word] & "*" In Wher...

delete rows containing blank/missing values
I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road characteristic readings in two columns taken by a highly sophisticated instrument . I would like to remove the rows that the instrument missed to take the reading. Could some one help me in doing this. The normal technique would be to construct a SELECT query that returns only the rows you want. What distinguishes these rows from the others? On 10 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0800, prasanna.kusam@gmail.com wrote: >I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road >characteristic readings in two columns taken by a hi...

Need a simple macro that will import any one of a number of text files in a folder
I'm having problems coming up with a macro that will allow me to import a text file of choice from my default file location that I have set up with Excel which contains several text files. I want the macro to open a "Open" file dialog window where I can then choose the text file of choice. I also need it to open the file as delimited, starting at row 23 and with the tab selected as the only delimiter. Please help... thanks, steve Steve I have been using the following for several years to obtain a spreadsheet from a .csv file downloaded from a bank. You will need to add the...

In an opportunity it needs to possible to enter manual prices on .
A lot of customers do not use price lists and the system architecure behaviour is too restricted. In general the whole pricing logic is too restricted on price lists and only useable when you load all products into MS CRM. Most of our customers do not wish to do this. ...

Get property values from object.
Hello. I need sample code of getting properties values of a specific object, please. Thanks :) Am 19.06.2010 15:08, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > I need sample code of getting properties values of a specific object, > please. I assume that you don't know the type of the object at design time, is that right? Then you're looking for reflection: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cxz4wk15(VS.90).aspx See sub topic "Viewing Type Information", section "MemberInfo, MethodInfo, FieldInfo, and PropertyInfo" -- Armin Indeed, I am usin...

Running a mcro based on value of a cell
I have a spreadsheet that performs End Of Day calculations on Financia Market instruments. I have a large macro that runs at the end of every day,part way throug the macro i need to collect data from a column in a worksheet based o the text that appears in cell T1. In the YEARLY sheet i have columns of data that have the end of yea prices of various Financial instruments. In row 1 across the worksheet are the names,e.g Vodafone,Do Jones,Nasdaq,GBP/USD etc.Below each name is a column of 20 year data,i.e A2:A21,B2:B21,C2:C21 etc. The macro needs to look at the text in T1 and then find the a...

Workflow - date and time
hi I have a field called enrolment date which is usually lesser than the created on date. i want a workflow which says, when a new contact is created wait for 5 days after enrolment date and then create - 1st mailer task wait for 2 months and create - 2nd mailer task. i have got a workflow and it says when a new patient is created wait 5 days after contact.enrolmentdate if case 1 create mailer 1 end if if case 2 create mailer 2 end if however, both mailer tasks get create right away rather than waiting for 5 days and 2 months. in the wait for timer i ticked revaluate expressision whe...

Database rebuild
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am using Entourage X on a iMac (10.6). I have been unable to rebuild the database - it freezes on start to rebuild. I did copy the database to another Mac running Entourage X (10.4.11) and was able to rebuild it. <br><br>I duplicated the database on the iMac for backup, then copied the rebuilt database (and other other files) from the other Mac to the iMac. It would not boot and suggested a rebuild. I tried to rebuild, on the iMac and it froze. I forced quit and restarted Ento...