Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field

Hello:

We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
refreshing the report, the data is correct.

We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.

For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
of the 5,000 possible values.

Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
do appear.

To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
(Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
number you expect)

No luck....

How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
field?

Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
picklist?

childofthe1980s

child,

I've run into the same issue before.  This is a limitation in Crystal.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/18/2009 1:53:49 PM
In previous versions, I seem to remember this problem as a timeout issue.
Queries for parameter loading have a shorter timeout value.  I know Crystal
will only hit a DB server for 10 minutes (600 seconds) before timing out.
You can change that.  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.  I
haven't used it in a while. Sorry.
--
Tim Foster

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
> rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
> refreshing the report, the data is correct.
>
> We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
> parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
> we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
> allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.
>
> For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
> parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
> of the 5,000 possible values.
>
> Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
> If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
> do appear.
>
> To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
> Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
> (Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
> number you expect)
>
> No luck....
>
> How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
> field?
>
> Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
> picklist?
>
> childofthe1980s
0
tfoster (136)
9/18/2009 2:02:10 PM
Actually, all I had to do was reboot after I added that simple registry key.
Then, I was able to see all values and the situation was resolved.

Thank you to you guys who chimed in, regardless!

childofthe1980s

"Tim Foster" wrote:

> In previous versions, I seem to remember this problem as a timeout issue.
> Queries for parameter loading have a shorter timeout value.  I know Crystal
> will only hit a DB server for 10 minutes (600 seconds) before timing out.
> You can change that.  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.  I
> haven't used it in a while. Sorry.
> --
> Tim Foster
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
> > rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
> > refreshing the report, the data is correct.
> >
> > We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
> > parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
> > we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
> > allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.
> >
> > For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
> > parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
> > of the 5,000 possible values.
> >
> > Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
> > If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
> > do appear.
> >
> > To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
> > Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
> > (Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
> > number you expect)
> >
> > No luck....
> >
> > How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
> > field?
> >
> > Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
> > picklist?
> >
> > childofthe1980s
Cool!!  Good to know!!

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/18/2009 2:51:57 PM
Fantastic information! I've had this issue as well. What does LOV stand for?

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Actually, all I had to do was reboot after I added that simple registry key.
> Then, I was able to see all values and the situation was resolved.
>
> Thank you to you guys who chimed in, regardless!
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Tim Foster" wrote:
>
> > In previous versions, I seem to remember this problem as a timeout issue.
> > Queries for parameter loading have a shorter timeout value.  I know Crystal
> > will only hit a DB server for 10 minutes (600 seconds) before timing out.
> > You can change that.  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.  I
> > haven't used it in a while. Sorry.
> > --
> > Tim Foster
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static"
> > > rather than "dynamic".  It works fine and, when you type in a value upon
> > > refreshing the report, the data is correct.
> > >
> > > We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the
> > > parameter value is dynamic rather than static.  We do not want a range, but
> > > we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and
> > > allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values.
> > >
> > > For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic
> > > parameter field on the left side of the window.  It's only showing about half
> > > of the 5,000 possible values.
> > >
> > > Why would a Crystal dynamic parameter field not show all possible values?
> > > If I test the query from the report by running it in SQL, all possible values
> > > do appear.
> > >
> > > To try to fix this, I created a registry setting, as follows:
> > >
> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal
> > > Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV
> > > (Added a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum
> > > number you expect)
> > >
> > > No luck....
> > >
> > > How can I get all possible values to be available for the dynamic parameter
> > > field?
> > >
> > > Is there a limitation, in terms of maximum number of values in a Crystal XI
> > > picklist?
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
LeslieVail (702)

Logo showing white background
I have created a logo but when I save it and paste it in a different publication, the white edges show up over the background of the new publication. How can I save the original logo so the white background does not appear over new/different publications? What format is the logo? If it is a vector, you can ungroup and delete the background. If it is a bitmap use the transparency tool on the drawing toolbar, click the white background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pappabake" <pappabake@discussions...

Counting cells with a value in them
We are running an "If" equation on a column to determine if an event i taking too long to do. The resulting equation will yield an "X" if i is taking to long and a " " if not. I would like to have an equatio calculate the number of "X" in the column. Any ideas? Chris Nelso -- chris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- chrisn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31880 We had a brain cramp and one of th...

Dlookup minimum value
Hello. I'm trying to use Dlookup to get the minimum date from a table. I was trying to do the following command: mDate=Dlookup(min("dateField"),"tblName") Somehow the code points an error on"Min", saying that "Sub or Function not defined". Is it possible what i'm doing? Is there any other way instead of looping through all the records? Thanks. Luis Try DMin() instead of DLookup() -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rat...

Matching a List Containing Redundant Values
I have a set of numbers (auto mileage), located in a horizontal range named Rental_Totals. I have a corresponding set of addresses, located in a horizontal range named Rental_Addresses, matched to Rental_Totals. I need the two ranges automatically sorted vertically in ascending order of Rental_Totals. To do this, I located a post from Bob Phillips ( http://tinyurl.com/6k462 ) that almost* solves my problem, and I handled it like this: Under heading Auto Mileage, I drag this down a column starting at F4: = SMALL( Rental_Totals, ROW(A1) ) Under heading Rental Addresses, I drag this down a co...

Help creating a script in SQL or Calculated field in Crystal
How do I take this script and manipulate it to give me one long string with static text as well as SQL data in specific positions within the string. Example result: Positions / Data: 1-3 / 173 (Static text) 4-6 / spaces 7-10 / "X_UPR30300"."YEAR1", (has to show up as 2007. Showing up as 2,007) 11 / 4 (Static text) 12-22 / "UPR00100"."SOCSCNUM" 23-57 / "UPR00100"."LASTNAME" 58-92 / "UPR00100"."FRSTNAME" 93 / "UPR00100"."MIDLNAME" 94-120 / "UPR00102"."ADDRESS1" 121-148 / &q...

macro for comparing fields in two work books
Hello, I have two excel spread sheets (say A1 & A2). A1- is the master sprea sheet and A2 is smaller spread sheet with very few details. Suppose Column B in A2 has 100 partnumbers and Column C in A1 has th superset of partumbers (1000) and corresponding details for each par number, I need to: 1. Check if all the 100 part numbers in A2 has a corresponding match i A1 2. Extract the info for the matched partnumbers from A1 and list in seprate sheet. 3. Even if there in no match A1, let's say for 40 of them, it shoul still list those parts in the new sheet. Can anybody help me with t...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Tree view of wiki pages: is it possible???
Hi all, I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have on the left side menu (the quick launch menu) somehting like a tree view that let me easy navigate the wiki pages... maybe a wiki library is not what I need, because none will add or remove contents... basically I'm using a site as an "instruction book"... and the tree view should make easy to navigate the differents web pages... any suggestion??? Thanks Vit On Mar 19, 5:59=A0pm, Vit <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have...

Crystal Reports XI password storage
In earlier versions of Crystal Reports, the user id and password to access the GP tables were able to be stored in the connection properties so that they did not have to be entered when refreshing a report. I can store the used id, but I have not been able to find a way to store the password in Crystal Reports XI. Does anyone know if this is still possible and how it can be done? Thanks. How Early? I have been using Crystal since V4 and don't remember that. However, You can set up a trusted group and use that trusted relationship when creating your reports. In this manner, y...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

adobe active share phtot have gone smaller on slide show
I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photos from fine pix they are half the screen size to.Can you please help Are you seeing this 1/2 size issue in Windows Live Photo Gallery? What is "fine pix?" -steve gill <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photo...

dynamic field content of parameter combobox
Greetings, I have to filter my Crystal 9.0 report with a parameter combobox field in Microsoft CRM. The data for this parameter field has to be loaded out of a database field dynamically. I have found the possibility to load database field values in a parameter field but this will not be dynamically. If there is a change in the database content the parameter field content will not be updated. I hope to create a combobox control is no problem. Is there a way to turn this into reality? Thanks for your help Thomas Ott (ITVT germany) ...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

why won't my automobile loan payments show as a transaction?
I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank account. My auto loan company automatically takes $245 from my bank account each month. i can see the $245 transaction in my bank account register in MS Money but it doesnt update in my auto loan register. How can I have it automatically update my auto loan register? Thanks, Brad Nelson Have you set up an automatic bill payment? -- Neil "Brad Nelson" <BradNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71678D94-6B93-4C41-84BB-F980827B51D8@microsoft.com... >I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank acco...

value of value of a variable.
I tried searching, but no use! I have a Const NameA = "BLA BLA" I have a variable NameB Value of NameB is NameA. How do i get the text "BLA BLA" from NameB variable Is there anyway to do that? something like,, VALUE(NameB) Thanks & Regards Joe Hi Dim NameB as String NameB =3D NameA in a cell you could have range("A1").Value =3D NameB would now have content "BLA BLA" regards Paul On May 21, 12:35=A0pm, Joe <joe.varghese.j...@gmail.com> wrote: > I tried searching, but no use! > > I have a Const Name...

Validating two fields
I am trying to create a database in which some of the fields should be mandatory only under certain conditions. For example: In my "Type of Injury" column, I want the user to be required to enter a value in this column, only if the value in the "Type of Document" column is "Nursing Report". Is this possible? I am only just beginning to teach myself Access, so please bear with me. Thank you. Put a validation rule on the *table* (not field.) 2nd example under the the Validation Rules for Tables section here: http://allenbrowne.com/Validati...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

Is it possible to find multiple data?
We have a small lotterysyndicate in work which is all logged onto an excel spreadsheet. Is it possible to search all numbers and all occurances at once, rather than individually? Ie - we have 15 lines of 6 numbers each - can i search for all 6 numbers drawn, across all 15 lines in one go? Im sure this must be possible - just dont know how. Thanks -- stewwie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stewwie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Crystal Reports 9.2.3 and CRM
Hi, I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Version 9.2.3. I know the recommanded version is 9.2.2 but was just wondering if somebody successfully worked with 9.2.3/CRM Thanks Eric I have used a version line 9.2.4 so I would assume yes it will work. Only way to be sure is to try it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%23GB4wV9SFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Ve...

Moving CRM
Hi All. I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS 2003 Server. If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and then restore it on the new server? Since I have only been using the default reports, shouldn't everything be fine??? THanks! Jake, You shouldn't need to migrate the reports. But, are you using the redeployment tool for this? If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that make it a requirement. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...